• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 421 Views, 1 Comments

Apocalypse of the Century - Ink Rain



A zombie apocalypse has begun in Equestria. Is there any way to put an end to it? Or even survive it?

  • ...
 1
 421

Prologue (Meanwhile in Ponyville)

The bright, shining sunshine was beaming down on everyone in Ponyville. Especially on the young ponies that were frolicking around and playing during recess at the Ponyville School House. Some were jumping rope, some were passing a colorful bouncy ball around, some were giggling while chatting about life and some were pretending to fly high while swinging on the swing set. An orange colored pegasus was playing a game with her two friends, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

“This next shot will be my best yet!” She squealed as she prepared for the ball coming towards her. When the ball reached her, she bopped it with her head, hard. The ball went airborne! Sweetie Belle, who was preparing for her turn, frowned as the ball flew over her head.

“Whoops…”

“I’ll get it.” Sweetie Belle sighed before she turned around and began chasing the ball. It didn’t take long for the ball to softly land in the grass in front of a bush. Sweetie Belle was about to kick the ball back over to her friends before she heard weird moaning coming from behind her. She whips her head around to check out whatever it was, and it was… Lyra Heartstrings?

No, this Lyra appeared different. Her coat color was slightly darkened, her eyes were white with no irises, her mane looked as if she never washed or combed it in years, and her mouth was dropped wide open. Sweetie Belle screamed at the sight of the scary looking pony and ran away from her. The zombie pony made weird gurgling noises and galloped after the filly.

The other school children began to notice the zombie pony chasing after Sweetie and dashed towards the schoolhouse. They all began to pound on the door. Miss Cheerilee swung the door open and allowed the fillies to swarm into the house.

“ITS GOT SWEETIE BELLE!” Scootaloo yelled before Cheerilee had the chance to go in herself. Miss Cheerilee was shocked to see a zombie pony cornering Sweetie Belle. The poor filly was crying her eyes out and cowering into her hooves.
The teacher snorted and trotted over to zombie Lyra, bucking her face. Miss Cheerilee was relieved to see her student safe. Sweetie Belle smiled with gratitude. But a second later, she screamed. Cheerilee looked behind her and found a few more zombie ponies limping quickly towards the two.

“Schoolhouse. Now. I will be right behind you.” Miss Cheerilee said with her eyes still focused on the zombies ahead. Sweetie Belle nodded and ran towards the schoolhouse with her teacher right behind her. Scootaloo opened the door to allow her friend to come inside, but Cheerilee didn’t follow her in. One of the zombie ponies had stomped onto her tail, restraining her. The teacher screamed as the zombie chomped right into her back. Her students screamed in unison with fear. Apple Bloom slammed the door shut.


“Apple Bloom! What are you doing? We need to help her!” Scootaloo insisted with a stomp of her hoof.

“Like there’s anything we can do, stupid!” Diamond Tiara hissed. “Let’s face it, she’s already bitten by those… ugly green things. She must have already caught their cooties anyway. Worse cooties than you, Cootieloo!” Scootaloo stuck her tongue out at Diamond Tiara in annoyance.

“Besides, Scootaloo, those things can hurt us if we go out there. It’s suicide!” Apple Bloom added.

“Well, what are we going to do then?” Twist said shakily. The rest of the students took glances at each other and murmured in agreement.

“What if they break in here?!”

“They’ll eat our brains!”

“WE’RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEE!”

“Somepony call 911!”

“Celestia help us!”

“I don’t wanna die!”

“Maybe if we stay quiet they’ll go away. That’s what my mommy taught me.”

Scootaloo turned her head towards her two friends and shook her head. Apple Bloom climbed onto a desk and whistled loudly, catching everypony’s attention.

“Look! If ya don’t stop being panicky then we’ll never find a way out of this. We gotta put our heads together and figure out a plan.”

“Like what?” Diamond Tiara called. “We’re pretty much trapped in here, Apple Bloom. Don’t you get it? Unless somepony comes here and helps us, we’re done for!”

“We can get out of this,” Apple Bloom spat back. “A plan is what we need. Ah know that we can find a way out of here, we just gotta draw out some sort of plan. Now, who’s with me?” The filly glared at the pink filly, then to her audience. They began crying out and panicking once more. Apple Bloom soon got fed up and stomped her hoof onto the desk she stood upon.

“Fine! If nopony will help me come up with a plan, Ah will think one up then!”

“You have a plan!?” Diamond Tiara said doubtingly. Apple Bloom snorted in anger and turned her attention back to her audience.

“Yes. I do. I do have a plan, Diamond Tiara. No doubt about it.” She pointed her hoof towards her two friends.

“Sweetie Belle! Scootaloo! You’re on watch duty. If there’s a large wave of them zombies a-comin’ then let me know.” The two fillies nodded in agreement. Apple Bloom hopped off of the desk. “Now, here’s the plan. Ah think we should boost each other up and try to reach that there door over there.” Apple Bloom pointed her hoof at a closed hatch that was on the ceiling just above the deceased teacher’s desk. “That’s the door to the attic. There are stairs in the attic that leads to the school bell. Ah think that some ponies can call for help from there.”

“But… what if nopony comes to help us, Apple Bloom?” Twist asked. “Would that mean that we’ll be stuck in here forever? Would that mean that we’re gonna die? Would that mean that everypony else would be in danger?” Apple Bloom sighed and turned her head towards the window. Dark clouds were rolling in and the sound of thunder came close.

“Ah don’t know…” Apple Bloom replied.

Author's Note:

I know that the main characters aren't Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, etc. But keep in mind that this is just the prologue.