• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 943 Views, 8 Comments

A Tail of Two Pinkies - Evil_Enchanter



Pinkie is awoken by an estranged relative from the historic village of Ponnsylvania.

  • ...
1
 8
 943

Prologue


Not far beyond Ponyville, nestled among the mountains beyond the Everfree Forest, lay a small, quaint village by the name of Ponnsylvania. While Ponyville’s citizens took such luxuries as cupcakes and hairstyles for granted, residents of Ponnsylvania were adverse to any modernisation whatsoever and instead lived simple yet peaceful lives harvesting their rock farms and enjoying the little things in life. Lack of technology meant that citizens relied on antiquated methods of life, living on a simple diet of hay and oats, and strangely it became a cultural tradition not to cut one’s tail when it became too long. This allowed Ponnsylvanians to be identified all across Equestria, as the lengthy tails on both colts and mares were obviously quite noticeable even from a distance.

Lush foliage and jagged mountainsides surrounded the vast rock farms of Ponnsylvania and the Everfree Forest led the only path between the two towns, this meant that residents of Ponnsylvania and Ponyville seldom interacted or even so much as met. However, there was one especially peculiar resident of Ponnsylvania that decided she would leave her family and the comfort of her ancient rock-harvesting lifestyle. This was something that was unheard of in the small secluded community, and often those who deserted the village became shunned, snubbed by the society. One young filly, daughter of the largest rock farmer in all of Equestria (who might I add wears a really cool hat), suddenly had a compelling urge to leave her native home and adventure to a place where Ponnsylvanians dare never venture: a city where the buildings are colourful, the ponies are plenty and cupcakes are eaten by the dozen.

This life intrigued her, so she bid adieu to her loving family and to their surprise she left unnoticed, taking only a small rucksack of rocks and dirt. Her parents were utterly puzzled by this, but they offered it no thought and instead dismissed their child who had suddenly left.

While the parents didn’t seem to fret over the loss of their child, a cousin of the young exiled filly who had also been a very close child friend was heart-broken. Her best friend had left suspiciously without a trace, not even the finest of rocks could counter the frustration she felt knowing that her friend may never return. So the cousin of the young, adventurous filly vowed that one day, no matter what the cost, even if it took all the rocks in Ponnsylvania she would track down her beloved cousin.