• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 7,199 Views, 376 Comments

My Clockwork Stallion - Aegis Shield



Twilight's Cuckoo Clock is actually an ancient magical artifact. She and Time Turner try to unravel its secrets.

  • ...
40
 376
 7,199

Doctor's Visit

My Clockwork Stallion
Part 5: Doctor’s Visit

Princess Celestia smiled with a twinkle of amusement in her eyes while the royal gardener she’d summoned snip-snip-snipped at the branches of the sticker berry bush. Before long, they’d rescued Twilight and Time Turner from its thorny clutches. “Who’s your friend, Twilight?” the tall white mare said, lifting her wings in greeting.

Time Turner limp-stepped off of Twilight, then promptly bashed his nose on the ground to bow to her. “Princess Celestia! I-I’m sorry we ended up at the royal gardens!” he said. “It was an accident, honest!”

“Rise, my little pony,” Celestia said, tittering a chuckle as Twilight came to nuzzle her. “It’s not often I see my most faithful student running about with a stallion,” she trailed off a moment, looking at them sideways, “Or in a bush with one, for that matter.” She grinned as Time Turner turned scarlet in the face.

“I-it’s not what it looks like!” Time Turner babbled.

“Have you come to receive my blessing, young stallion?” Celestia leaned down to his eye-level. His pupils shrank and his ears tucked back. Nickering, the alicorn pecked his nose. “You may have it then, if I may have your name.”

“I-I’m Time Turner,” the brown earth pony mumbled, unable to take his mind off the buzzing feeling in his nose. Had she just touched him with magic? He couldn’t tell.

“Well met, Time Turner,” Celestia said, straightening.

Twilight finally found herself, “W-well I’m glad we ran into each other, but I’m sure that we should be going befo-!”

“Now Twilight, don’t be silly,” Celestia walked past then, gesturing to her guards with her muzzle. Both armored pegasi snapped to, and started herding Time Turner forward. He step-limped, wincing and looking down at his bad leg. “You’ve teleported almost fifty miles, I don’t think even somepony as powerful as you could just teleport straight back to Ponyville. You must be exhausted.” Twilight blushed as she spoke. “Atop that, the next train doesn’t leave until nightfall. Why don’t you two stay for a bit?” She made a wide, white gesture to the palace, which made Time Turner a little intimidated by its size. “I’m sure your coltfriend would love to see the palace,” the princess said, smiling.

“He’s NOT my coltfriend!” Twilight blurted. Silence suddenly reigned.

Celestia stopped. The two guards stopped. Time Turner looked hurt, his ears turning back. “I’m not?” he whispered to her. “But we’ve been getting on so well… and you kissed me just then…”

“Uh-buh-w-well…” Twilight blushed, looking over at him. “I-I-I mean, I just meant…” she was backpedaling hard, but the stallion had already hung his head in a forlorn sort of way. Both guards winced.

“Can I use your infirmary? I think landing in that bush jarred by bad leg…” Time Turner asked Celestia, very carefully not looking at Twilight. The alicorn saw the swell of hurt moisture in his eyes. She nodded once, folding one wing so he could go by. One of her guards went, with Celestia’s gesture, to accompany him.

=-=-=-=

Princess Luna sat in the waiting room of the infirmary, a Sunday Paper hovering in front of her. She did love the comic strips and the economic statistics after all. It was her job to keep with the times, now that she was back.

She was a little surprised when a plain brown earth pony sat down on the bench next to hers. Their eyes met for a moment and he looked frightened. “Sorry!” he shifted to the bench across from her.

“Neigh,” she gave her horn a flick, moving him bodily to the first seat he’d chosen. “Be not intimidated, my subject, we are all patients here,” She watched him slowly sit on his haunches, looking over at her nervously. “There see. We do not bite.” She made a little whipping motion to straighten her paper, then turned the page.

A long silence went by. “You’re Princess Luna,” he whispered reverently, looking rather star-struck. She gave a polite, disinterested nod. “My father told me all about your work pioneering Chronomancy and Clockwork Medicine back in the Pre-Classical Era. Really brilliant stuff,” he blurted before he could stop himself.

Luna looked up from her paper, startled, “You’ve read of such things?” she asked with a frown. Most everypony that ever spoke to her only asked about her fall as Nightmare Moon. Then out of the blue comes a random earth pony praising her work in early medicine? She watched him nod enthusiastically. “And you understood it?”

“Well I have to!” he smiled broadly, “I’mma--!” he suddenly stopped himself, putting a hoof over his mouth. His eyes searched hers, terrified.

Luna frowned at his sudden fear, gently folding her paper and setting it on the coffee table in front of them. He hunched a little, eyes darting to one side and away from her. Her horn lit and he flinched like she might hit him. Remembering herself, Luna coughed. “Er… may we?” the Princess asked. “It’s been a thousand years, I would like to see what advancements…” she trailed off when he slowly offered her his bad leg. Deciding against the cold touch of night time magic, she slowly scooted until she was next to him. She studied his face. “What is thy name, friend?” she whispered, slowly taking his ankle between her large hooves.

Hoof.

Ankle.

Cannon.

Luna’s ears slowly turned down into an expression of pity. Time Turner studied her. He’d opened his mouth to answer, but he’d never seen such an expression, much less on a Princess’ face. He hung his head guiltily, looking down at the floor. Her large hooves kept going up his arm.

Chestnut.

Knee.

Forearm.

The Princess took a deep, hollow breath as a chilled, icy feeling began to lick its necrotic tongue down her neck. This was far, far more than she was expecting. Too much for one pony to possibly have endured. She shuddered, pausing at his forearm and feeling it back and forth a few times. It rolled like it was supposed to, firm and supple like a stallion’s real… she looked at his face. Why, he looked ashamed of himself. “Please, your name?” she whispered.
“If it weren’t for your work in medicine all those centuries ago, I wouldn’t even be alive,” Time Turner mumbled as her hooves roamed ever higher up his bad leg. Her expression changed from horror to one of illness as the color began to drain from her face. No. No it just wasn’t possible!

Elbow.

Shoulder.

Ball-joint.

One. Two. Three Ribs.

Luna’s hooves JUMPED off of him before she went any further. She didn’t want to know. She didn’t want to know how damaged this poor creature was anymore! She squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep, cleansing sort of breath. He eyed her with a neutral, hurt-wild-animal sort of expression. “Does it… hurt?” she whispered. The sentence seemed to calm him, for he’d heard many crueler ones.

“Only in the mornings, when I get up,” he smiled kindly. There was a long, terribly awkward silence. She stared at his bad leg, as though looking through it.

Suddenly a nurse poked her head out of the office. “Princess Luna? The doctor will see you now,” she smiled.
“What’re you here for?” Time Turner wondered wildly. “I didn’t know alicorns could get sick.”

“We art pregnant,” Luna said, turning her muzzle up at him as she cantered away. The nurse rolled her eyes, shutting the door and shaking her head at the poor startled stallion. After Luna was gone to her appointment, he hung his head a little guiltily. Asking a Princess about her health was probably a terribly private thing to ask about, especially since he was a perfect stranger.

Perhaps half an hour passed. Time Turner sat there, massaging his bad leg where Luna had rolled the muscles with her hooves. He glanced at the clock, pawed through the magazines, and finally settled on a ‘Where’s Maredoe?’ book. He was puzzling over the third challenge in the book when the dark alicorn re-emerged from the back of the doctor’s office.
“—and remember Princess, these are potent things,” the stallion in the doctor’s coat said. “One per sleep cycle, no more, and that should cull your night terrors.”

“Thank thee,” Luna mumbled, all too aware that Time Turner was listening. She levitated the small pill bottle into her saddlebags, where it rattled when it settled to the bottom.

“I-I’m… I’m Time Turner,” the brown stallion finally said before she could say anything. “I fix clocks in Ponyville.”

“Time Turner,” Luna’s eyes flicked up to his face. “Twilight Sparkle’s beau?” she seemed to forget where she was, and eyed him up in a completely different way. A female way. An appraising sort of way. He felt just a little bit flattered.

“Er-well, sort of. She said I’m not her coltfriend just a while ago.”

“Bah, she is ancient in her thoughts and young in her heart,” grumbled Luna, folding her saddlebag shut. “Even we may visualize you standing next to her for nuzzles. She speaks fondly of you in her letters.”

“She does?” his face lit up a little.

“Yes,” the Princess of the night said, nodding.

“She… she doesn’t know about…” he looked to one side, waving a little with his bad leg.

“I don’t imagine it’s something to run around shouting about,” Luna said soothingly, nodding her understanding. “But I do not think she will find it repulsive.”

“No, just unattractive,” he slipped before looking quickly away, “S-sorry. I’ve had other marefriends, you see, and it… they just didn’t…”

“Do not think to hide this, young stallion,” Luna said severely, standing a head taller than he. “Especially from somepony as smart as Twilight Sparkle.” He wilted at her gaze, but she soon smiled at him. “But, nevertheless, good luck to you,” she blessed with a nod of her head and horn. “Twilight escapes my net because of distance, but not thine, go forth with my blessing.” She snickered.

Time Turner opened his mouth to thank her, but the nurse had reappeared, “Time Turner?” she asked. He looked over, “C’mon hun, you’re up.” She said kindly. He hopped from the bench, limp-stepping as he went.

Luna smiled, watching him go, waiting for him to connect the dots. Suddenly his eyes widened and he turned about as the door was shutting behind him. “You LIKE--?!” it shut and he was cut off. Luna laughed scandalously. She never bored of pranking her subjects. Shaking her head, she was away from the palace infirmary.

=-=-=-=
That Evening…
=-=-=-=

“Dear Princess Celestia,” Twilight recited, standing next to Time Turner at the train station. The alicorn smiled while she spoke, “Today I learned that love and attraction are nothing to be ashamed of, that you should embrace the things you like without fear of being judged for them. There’s no reason to hide that you like somepony, especially if you know they like you back. That leads to pointless drama and we’ve all seen that too many times in too many books and movies and other such things. I think I might… date, Time Turner now. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.” She was beaming by the time she finished.

Time Turner grinned a big goofy grin, looking up at Princess Celestia. While he’d been in the doctor’s office, the the princess and the purple mare had apparently had tea or something together. Twilight’s confidence had taken a huge leap upward. “Thank you for uhm… hosting us, your majesty,” he said awkwardly.

“It was nice meeting you,” Celestia said, smiling in a motherly way. “Perhaps I’ll hear about you in Twilight’s future letters, or see you on a visit!” she said, prompting nods from her two guards. The brown stallion smiled politely, nodding back.

Twilight and Time Turner stepped onto the train, letting the door close behind them. As the giant metal caterpillar hissed into motion, they went to find their seats. Time Turner sat on his haunches with a tired sigh, slowly leaning back and closing his eyes. What a day!

About ten minutes after the train was well underway, the purple mare suddenly turned to him in shock. “Ohmigosh! I didn’t even ask! I have to ask to make it official!” she took him by both shoulders, steering him around to face her directly.
“Huh-what?” Time Turner startled out of his doze.

“Do you… do you wanna be my... my very special somepony?” Twilight mumbled, staring at his chest and not his face. He nodded, his charming coltish smile filling her vision before he leaned over to kiss her.



End of Part 5