• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 1,410 Views, 25 Comments

Broken - Blue Cord Dragoon



Rainbow Dash and Applejack discover they have feelings for Rarity, and then find that love can hurt

  • ...
3
 25
 1,410

Epilogue: One Week Later…

Epilogue: One Week Later…

Rarity, using her unicorn magic, drew the red and white checkered tablecloth onto the table she had setup outside of her house. She then proceeded to lay out her best outdoor china, crystal chalices, and a bouquet of flowers that were fresh picked this morning. With the accoutrements ready, all that the party was missing now were the guests and the refreshments that they were bringing. The soiree was being held to celebrate the completion of repairs to Carousel Boutique.

For not the first time that week, Rarity found herself wondering if she had made the right choice. The pain in her heart had waned, but was not completely gone. Being in love for that brief moment had made her so happy that she now found herself melancholy without such affection in her life. She sighed as she looked out to see if her friends would be arriving soon.

To the credit of Applejack and Rainbow Dash, they were living up to the agreement. It had been difficult for them to try and go back to the way things were before, but they had done their best to try and put the animosity they had behind them. They had helped each other during the restoration, but most of their conversations were curt and had to do with whatever task was at hoof. While they were more than ready to forgive, forgetting was turning out to be the harder part for them.

“Rarity.” A demure voice called from behind her. She turned to see Sweetie Belle with a troubled look on her face. “I have a question for you.”

“Yes, Sweetie Belle, what is it?”

The young unicorn struggled to find the right words, but in the end failed, so she asked her query as plainly as she could. “Do I have to like fillies like you do?”

“What?” Rarity retorted, her mouth agape at the inquiry.

“Well, it’s just that I’m not sure if I’m supposed to like fillies or colts. I know that I don’t like colts because they’re icky, gross, and full of cooties, but I’m not sure I want to like fillies after everything that’s happened. I’m confused and I don’t know what I should do.”

Rarity looked at Sweetie Belle with a soft smile on her face. She knew she should not have been as surprised at the question as much as she had been. It was a natural reaction to everything that had happened, and Rarity already had an answer for her sister. She brought her head down and nuzzled her younger sister with her cheek.

“One day you will find a pony that is lucky enough to be loved by you, whether it’s a filly or a colt. But that day won’t be today, so you don’t have to decide now. Just know that no matter what, I will always love you. You are the dearest thing in Equestria to me and nothing will ever change that.” She kissed her baby sister on the forehead to the right of her horn. Sweetie Belle reciprocated by hugging her big sister.

After the moment of tenderness was complete, they turned their heads and saw that their friends were now arriving. They waved at them with huge smiles on their faces. Sweetie Belle broke away from Rarity to go meet her fellow fillies midway. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo ran to intercept the unicorn member of their trinity, their Cutie Mark Crusader capes fluttering as they sprinted. Rarity looked and saw that Rainbow Dash and Applejack were not only walking side by side, but talking and laughing together too.

There, in the shade of her rebuilt house, Rarity gazed at the ponies that she loved and cared for, and smiled at her healed world.

The End

Comments ( 2 )

As disappointed that I am that Rarity didn't pick one, I have to say that this ended nicely. Bravo.

Well, this was indeed the only way it could have gone. Nice

Login or register to comment