• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 600 Views, 5 Comments

Curtain Call - lunabrony



After centuries of absence, Princess Luna has finally returned. But Culture Shock sets in when she discovers that the world has changed, and she's been left behind.

  • ...
3
 5
 600

06 - Loss

The Running of the Leaves came and went, Hearth's Warming Eve passed. Twilight and her friends got themselves into strange adventures again, some requiring indirect intervention on Luna's part. Of course, on Celestia's suggestion, they had absolutely no idea she was helping them. The night was still hers to guide, dignitaries still ignored her for the most part, though some wer forced to deal with her when Celestia was occupied. Comet and herself exchanged increasingly casual letters, and he sent her pictures of the set, but he had still not sent her any pictures of the costumes. His team had written a new scene where the Luna in the play resists the earth pony.

"I've seen my friends march to their graves over the centuries, I won't see my love in that parade, I won't let all my loves march away from me, it can never be." It was still subject to light revisions, but they were doing rehearsals, working out the songs. Opening day was fast approaching.

As spring approached he came to Canterlot, being taken for a tour by Luna herself. Watching to see where she lived, seeing a little of her work, polite and dignified. When needed he was nearly as quiet and unnoticable as her personal servants. He was lucky enough to see a diplomatic exchange. Celestia had fun teasing them, much to Luna's annoyance. He promised that she wouldn't be disappointed in the Luna he'd perform. Spring neared, it would air before Winter Wrap-Up. The almost forgotten war with Discord had broken the weather, it would not change on its own, not like that anyway. Chocolate rain was not in the schedule anytime soon. Luna was never completely occupied like Celestia, princess of the night carried some flexibility with it although she wished she could do more. In the study tower, where books about Earth Pony history was piled up on the table, Luna slowly catching up on what had happened in her long absence, her servant Pip appeared. You never heard him flash in, he just quietly made himself known when he was needed.

"Letter for you, Mask Theatre, not Comet's writing, seemed urgent." It was a plain white envelope, and the curvy handwriting was not the elegant letter Comet sent her.

Important, must reach Princess Luna, Mask Theare - Painted Wings

"Thank you, Pip." Luna said. Comet, similarly, had been given full clearance to Luna's Chamber, although her bedroom was off limits as it was to everyone except Celestia. He was able to wander the castle, at least. She took the letter, and unfolded it.

Simple blank ink on parchment, Painted Wings was an earth pony and couldn't have written it, but must have gotten hold of a unicorn swiftly. It was written in haste "Dear Princess Luna, please come immediately. Something terrible has happened. Comet has broken down, and locked himself in his room. We were doing a rehearsal and broke down. Its terrible, Luna! His voice broke. Nobody can do anything. Please come and help him. Gluon and Painted Wings."