• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,316 Views, 27 Comments

Wendigo May Cry - Ebony Stallion



The time of darkness is nearly upon Equestria. A powerful demon has his pieces in place. The only thing that stands between him and domination is a band of unlikely ponies, lead by an unexpected hero, who must face his own demons.

  • ...
4
 27
 1,316

Prologue - Defeat?

Wendigo May Cry

By Ebony Stallion

Prologue: Defeat?

Pain…sheer, agonizing pain…that was all that he could feel.

The light that shone upon his eyes became too much for him to handle, as his body of darkness began to crack in many places, light leaking from him.

Needless to say, King Sombra, the once-tyrannical ruler of the Crystal Empire, did not expect this day to go out this way at all. The thought itself never crossed his mind.

He was the great stallion of darkness, whose powers possibly matched that of the twin alicorn sisters, the ones that had overthrown him a thousand years before, stripping him of his empire and leaving nothing left of him but a shadow, encased in the ice of the Arctic North.

The defeat itself had once came as a surprise to the evil stallion back then…not to mention frustrating. However, it was never in his nature to go down without a fight…or in his case, without having the last laugh. So, before his imprisonment, he, by tapping into his innate dark magic, had cast a dreadful curse upon the empire, a curse that literally wiped the empire, and it’s habitants, the Crystal Ponies, the ones he had once groveling at his hooves and at his mercy, off the face of Equestria, only to return when the evil ruler had to reclaim his throne.

Never in his lifetime did he thought that a meddlesome lavender unicorn by the name of Twilight Sparkle and her little ‘lizard’ would intervene and rally up the Crystal Ponies so that they could use the accursed Crystal Heart that he had attempted to hide to destroy him.

It was a horrifying realization to him…he was going to die…not turn into a measly shadow as he did before…die, as in condemned to the very bowels of Tartarus, where his suffering would know no ends.

It was unfair…it was completely unfair! He had waited but a millennium to become king once more and rule with an iron hoof, not to be defeated by something as pitiful as a heart…and especially not by trivial matters such as love and hope!

This was supposed to be his destiny, the moment of greatness that he knew that he was destined for ever since he was but a young colt. Now he was going to lose it all again…thanks to that accursed light.

Damn them Royal Pony Sisters for meddling in his affairs and imprisoning him in that forsaken ice.

Damn the Crystal Ponies for trying to rebel against their true master.

Damn that unicorn and her dragon for getting in his way of reclaiming glory…

And most of all, damn that light…damn it all to Tartarus for taking everything away from him…once and for all.

With that last curse etched in his mind, Sombra’s body shattered into pieces, leaving no trace of him or his dark influences. Cheers uproar within the skies as they celebrated the end of the tyrannical ruler that had made life miserable for so, so long…

King Sombra was dead…and to the dead king’s eyes…everything went black.


A surge of blue-tinted light blinded his eyes, as he felt the voltage of a thousand lightning course through his body, making him spasm left and right, trying so hard to block out the pain that dug into his skin, as the sound of cackling electricity rang through his ears.

But oddly enough, the surge left as soon as it had come. As soon as it did though, all feelings of his body disappeared as he fell to the cold, hard ground, his heart beating erratically. The pain and the sound of electricity still lingered about him…

Only to be joined by sounds of people talking in front of him…the voices however, seemed muffled, as if they were wearing something over them…then again, he did have a ringing in his ears. That could possibly be impairing his ability to hear.
Either way, he tried to catch the voices that sounded like they were in his head, managing to hear not one…but two distinctive tones. One of them sounded old and grizzled, like them old, feeble geezers he had the displeasure of seeing in his days…while the other one was panting, as if he (they both sounded male) had just ran a marathon…or possibly conjured magic…he did not know.

From the panting voice, he had managed to decipher: “Sweet Celestia…Ganon, I shall admit…I had my doubts before…but never in my life…or in any life for that had matter…did I thought that…that this could be possible…”

This? What was he talking about?

The old, scratchy sound of the other voice gave a laugh, “That is the power of dark magic, child…there is no bound to what it could accomplish. Seeing this stallion here before you is proof of what I had been saying before…”

Proof? Proof of what? And did he say…dark magic?

The young man’s voice replied, “Indeed it is, old friend…but what do we do now?”

“Let him rest. Like you should. It expends a lot of energy to conjure up a revival spell of such magnitude.” The old man’s voice stated.

Revival spell? When in Celestia were there a revival spell?

“Of course. I will be in my study…bring him to me once he comes to…” The younger voice ordered, as sounds of hooves clopping against what seemed to be a stone floor echoed through his ears, soon accompanied by the opening and closing of a heavy door. Then, more hooves clopping sounds ensued, except they came in a slower and quieter rhythm, getting louder as they seemed to get closer to him.

Soon, the warm breath, expelled by whoever was over him, blew against his fur, as the old man’s voice whispered to him, seeming unaware that he could hear him…

“After so long…you, dear child, will be exactly what we need…you shall be our…salvation…”

He stirred, as his eyes began to open, revealing his dark red irises, trying so hard to catch a glimpse of who was addressing him…however, his vision began to fail him as soon as he gain it, his head growing limp…

“Rest now, dark one…the trip back from the dead is not an easy one…but since you made it…all I have to say is this…” The old voice paused.

“Welcome back…King Sombra…”

With that, King Sombra fell unconscious once more.

Author's Note:

A/N: Well, guys, there you have it. First off, I want to say this: No, this is not a fic where bad guys revived Sombra so he could take over the world. You will see in due time what this story is really about...and all I ask is that I hope you enjoy this. So...

COMMENT, FAVE, FOLLOW, AND ENJOY!