• Published 3rd Nov 2013
  • 1,570 Views, 63 Comments

Equestria is a Silly Place - Bootsy Slickmane



A series of short stories showing the sillier side of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 63
 1,570

Doubling the Load

To say that Fluttershy was nervous would have been the understatement of the year. She eyed the two golden objects before her, breathing heavily. She reached a hoof out, scooping them both up. They were cold to the touch, but she knew that they always started out that way.

Slowly, tenderly, she moved them into place. The first one slid in like normal, but she hesitated to insert the second. Should she really do it? Two at once? She wasn't sure it was such a good idea. It could be dangerous. Then again, there were two openings there, so it must be made to handle two at the same time, right? If it weren't, it would only be able to take one at a time, right?

She sucked in a breath and slid the second into place. She flapped her wings to keep her balance as she brought her other shaking hoof over and sent both deeper inside. She pulled her hooves back with a squeak, afraid to do any more for fear of causing damage. There she waited, unsure of how to proceed in this new territory. Should she just do it like normal now, or did the doubled load require special care?

Regardless of proper procedure, the reaction had already begun. She could feel the heat rising up, as it always did before. It was only a matter of time now, and then she'd be able to relax and enjoy herself. That was how it always happened, despite her persistent worries to the contrary.

But wait, there was always one part she forgot about. One part that never failed to surprise her. Even when she strained to control herself, it always struck home. She held her breath, trying to focus on not letting it happen. Alas, it was not to be.

Fluttershy screamed in terror as the toaster suddenly popped out the twin waffles. She held a hoof to her heart, doing her best to calm down in the wake of the shock that the appliance always gave her when it finished. She scowled at the toaster briefly as she retrieved her waffles, both now nice and hot, and put them on a plate. It had startled her yet again. Oh well, at least it hadn't exploded from having two waffles in at once.

She turned away, blowing on her waffles to cool them as she hovered out of the kitchen. "Next time, I won't let that mean old toaster scare me. Next time." It was the same thing she always said after toasting something, but it had never once turned out to be true.