• Published 3rd Nov 2013
  • 1,569 Views, 63 Comments

Equestria is a Silly Place - Bootsy Slickmane



A series of short stories showing the sillier side of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 63
 1,569

I Yup and Nope Well, I Yup and Nope Very Well

Applejack snorted. "Ya just won't give up, huh?"

Big Mac stepped up to the microphone and gave his reply. "Nope."

The crowd went wild again, and the three judges whispered amongst themselves for a few seconds before holding up their score cards. 28 points out of 30. It was the highest score for a "nope" yet, but Big Mac was only halfway through with this round.

He cleared his throat and focused his thoughts. His tongue curled in his mouth, hesitating for just the right amount of time before flicking forward to deliver his answer to a question nopony had asked. "Eeyup."

The cheering was louder than ever, and the judges only had to look at one another before they held up their cards. 30 out of 30. A perfect score.

Applejack cursed under her breath as Big Mac stepped away from the mic. 58 points was going to be hard to beat. She'd have to score both the perfect "nope" and the perfect "eeyup." She took a few deep breaths to steady herself, and walked across the stage.

She steeled her nerves as she prepared to speak. Her lips curled into an imperfect circle as the word slid out of her mouth. "Nope."

The crowd cheered again, and the judges held up their cards. 29 out of 30. AJ was close now. She could beat Big Mac if she just nailed this last round.

"Eyup." She knew it was wrong before she'd even finished the word. She hadn't waited long enough before the 'yup.' She'd just blurted it out. The crowd collectively gasped, and then fell into hushed whispers. The judges huddled together. AJ knew what was coming.

The three judges turned to her slowly and held up their score cards. 12 points out of 30. The spread was too great to recover. It was over.

Big Macintosh stepped up next to his sister as the crowd stomped their hooves in approval. He'd done it. After nine intense hours, he had proven that he was the best. The judges presented him with his trophy, which he humbly accepted.

AJ looked up at her big brother and sighed in defeat. "Alright, Big Mac, you win. You're the best at eeyupin' and nopin.' Ain't nopony gonna argue that now."

"Eeyup." And the crowd went wild.