• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,002 Views, 14 Comments

Learning Friendship Through Disharmony - Junkponi



An average guy gets tricked into becoming Discord's pupil to learn about friendship but what is there to learn really?

  • ...
3
 14
 1,002

Escape

“Where in Tartarus did you get that?” the doctor commanded as the lit cigarette flew out of my mouth and levitated in front of the stern doctor. He then broke my only possession in this world, in half and stomped it into a burnt brown stain in the cushioned floor.

“NOO!!” I yelled and lunged onto the soft floor. I crawled on my stomach towards the brown pony, gnashing my teeth to give the bastard the worst bite of his life but I never stood a chance. The doctor used his weird glowing horn and next thing I know, I was hovering a foot away from him and the other strangers.

“Do you see now Ms. Sparkle? The patient isn’t ready to see anypony because of his hostile hysteria. Until a complete analysis can be made to determine his condition, he’s going to be confined here,” stated the doctor looking directly at me.

Take this you bitch,’ I thought, building up as much saliva and phlegm that my body can produce. Then I spat my mucus aerial attack right on to the doctor’s face.

“AHH!” cried the doctor, trying to rub the sticky mess off of his face. The lavender unicorn ran to his aid as I abruptly fell to the floor and wriggled in the strait jacket as fast as I can to the door.

“Hold it right there pardner,” said an orange-blond pony, wearing a Stetson hat, blocking my path to freedom.

I smirked at my opponent and went on full charge. She stood before me, confident in her stature as I crawled towards her and then at the last second, I turn to my side to roll. This caught the orange pony off guard and she went tumbling down from my rolling barrage. I continued rolling to my destination until I was stopped.

“Don’t worry guys, I caught him,” commented the haughty blue pegasus, leering over me with her rainbow mane face only inches away from mine.

That’s what you think,’ I thought, thrusting my muzzle onto hers and made out, invading my tongue into hers. The flustered pegasus suddenly pushed me off of her. She fell to the floor next to me spitting onto the floor and criticized the taste of my smoky kiss.

I then resumed my escape, crawling to the open doorway that was now only a few feet away. With freedom in sight, I meet my final opponent blocking my way. It was a pink pony with the curliest hair I ever seen and what’s worst is she’s looking at me in a funny way; as if she’s excited to see me.

“Ooo, ooo, it’s my turn!” she cried, running towards me and hopping on top of me as I squirmed to the doorway. “Wee! Look Twilight, I’m riding the pony-caterpillar express!”

The pink pony rocked back and forth in glee while I tirelessly made my way to the exit. When I finally made it, I managed to pop my head out of the entrance to look before I was suddenly pulled back in. I was this time covered in a purple aura, floating past everyone and set to the spot that I originally started from.

Everyone glared at me angrily, except for one satisfied pink pony while I slump against the soft wall, admitting my defeat. I stared off into the distance, avoiding any eye contact as the doctor cleaned his glasses with his coat and then puts them on again.

“This charade ends now,” he said, sternly turning around and walking towards the exit. “If you please follow me, I believe this concludes your visit and any future visitations.”

All four ponies begin to follow the angry brown steed out of the white room but not before saying something.

“Y’ah know, I feel kinda’ sorry for the ferlla’. He’s just scared, that’s all,” said the orange pony looking over me sympathetically.

“I know what you mean Applejack, but what can we do? You saw the way he reacted,” replied the purple-lavender unicorn expressing a concern look.

“Does this mean we’re not going to find out what happened to the falling star Twilight?” asked the pink pony.

Twilight? Applejack? Aren’t those the names of the ponies Discord wanted me to-,’ I thought, realizing who these strange visitors were and my only way out of this hell hole.

“Wait!” I cried after them as they turned around, staring me at my response. “Are you Twilight?”

“Yes, I am. Do you know me?” Twilight replied, looking at me suspiciously.

“No, but did you and your friends make a wish on the day that you all found me?”

“Yes, but how did you know that?” Twilight asked taken aback by the answer.

“Well, I guess it’s kind of hard to explain but I’m here to make all your wishes come true,” Twilight gazed at me perplexed by the answer before the upset doctor returned.

“Ms. Sparkle it is time to leave. The patient needs to be left alone until I-,” he said, annoyingly until he was cut off.

“Doctor Caster, is the patient ready to leave the hospital?” Twilight asked, interrupting Doctor Caster in the middle of his sentence. He narrowed eyes, looking her as if she made a stupid statement.

“No, he is not ready to leave. Have you not been paying attention to what-,”

Is the patient ready to leave?!” Twilight repeated, sharply looking at Doctor Caster with her serious demeanor.

“Physically, he is able to leave anytime,” Doctor Caster sighs, “But mentally he is unpredictable.”

“Then I see no problem. Release him today under my custody and I’ll be responsible for his actions,” Twilight replied.

“Alright, but don’t say that I warned you. I’ll go ahead and get the discharge forms for our guest here, mister… well, we don’t even know his name,” Doctor Caster turned to me as well everyone else waiting for my response.

“The name is John,” I answered with everyone giving me awkward expressions as if something I said was out of the ordinary.


“It must feel great to get out of that jacket huh,” Rainbow Dash asked, walking beside me with Pinkie Pie through the hospital’s twin doors and into the sunny front entrance while Nurse Redheart pushed me in a wheel chair.

It has only been about thirty minutes since Twilight told Doctor Caster to release me from the hospital. I have to say, she knows how to convince a person to doing things her way. Shortly after Doctor Caster submitted, I was taken to the examination room to get a brief check-up before my discharge. Doctor Caster seemed to be relieved to be rid of me as he looked over my condition. He did what most physicians did; he stuffed a tongue depressor down my throat, listened to my heart, blinded me with a mini flashlight and even changed the dressings on my cut. I was given a break when Doctor Caster pulled Twilight to the side to sign some papers and I gotten to know Twilight’s friends a little bit better now. I even apologized for the crazy fiasco that I pulled earlier.

“You have no idea,” I told Rainbow Dash when Twilight and Applejack shortly came after us with a paper brown bag flying above them.

“Ok, we’re all set. You’re free to go and this is for you,” Twilight plops the floating bag onto my lap, “A nurse gave me that bag saying that it belonged to you when you first arrived to the hospital, but I don’t remember you having anything on you when my friends and I found you.”

Staring at the bag, I wondered what could be in the bag. Then I took the brown bag and dumped its contents. My black hoodie fell from the brown bag with a note pinned to it. Curious, I awkwardly picked up the crumpled note with both hooves to read the parchment. The note read: –Mr. D.

That son-of-a-bitch,’ I thought, smiling and putting on the black clothing. The hoodie went over my head easily and felt comfortable hugging against my body. On instinct, I stuffed my hands, er hooves, into the pockets to find my pack of cigarettes. Expecting not to find any, I was surprised to find a fresh new pack with another note pinned on it reading: You’re Welcome.

“Ready to get off?” Nurse Redheart smiled as I turned to return hers with my own and then hopped off the wheel chair, ready to be on my own two feet. Man-o-man was that a mistake.

I immediately fell on my face and was greeted with the bitter taste of dirt.

“That was hilarious! You were all excited and ready and, and, and then you went kaput on your face!” Rainbow Dashed laughed.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight glared at Rainbow Dash, who immediately stopped her snickering and tries to compose herself.

“Sorry,” Rainbow Dash apologized.

“Are you alright darlin’?” Applejack asked, concerned for my well-being as I stumbled onto all fours.

“Don’t push yourself too hard. You've been comatose for a week and your legs should be a little weak. If you feel that you can’t do it, you can get back on the wheel chair,” Nurse Redheart commented, ready with the wheel chair.

“No, it’s alright. This is the first time that I ever have to walk on all four and I’ll be damned to have myself to be tied down. Not again,” I weakly put my right hoof in front and back left hoof after. Soon I was moving but slowly.

“I think I got the hang of it,” I reassured myself until my back left leg tripped me and found myself on the dirt path again.

“Here, let us help you,” Twilight gently nudges her head under mine and firmly helped pick myself up as Applejack softly pressed her body against mine, supporting my stance. Then all three of us began to walk with Twilight and Applejack acting as training wheels.

“Well, I have nothing to worry about knowing that your friends are there to take care of you. Just don’t let me catch you back here again, you hear?” Nurse Redheart giggled, returning back to the hospital.

Within minutes, we were on the road following the path that leads to a small town in the distance. Twilight and Applejack steadily paced themselves to keep me walking as Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie stayed beside us.

“Alright, let’s get down to business. How did you know about the wishes on the night we found you and why are you so keen on granting them?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah! Are you some kind of genie or something?” Pinkie chirped, happily bouncing at the idea of her dreams coming true.

“No, I was sent here on a mission of granting the wishes that you all made in the hopes of learning something and once I accomplished the task, I was promised to return home,” I sighed, “I’m not even supposed to be here, much less, a pony.”

“Why’d you say that?” Applejack replied.

“I don’t know if you’ll believe me, but I used to be human before coming here, going on with my normal life.”

“What’s a “hyu-mon”?” Rainbow Dash butted in, looking confused as everyone looked to me for the answer.

“A “human” is a mammal that walks on two feet, has hands, and bare skin except for the tops of our heads,” I replied.

“So you’re like a hairless monkey,” Rainbow Dash plainly stated.

“No, not like monkeys but more ape like,” I corrected her while she just nonchalantly looked at me.

“Right, monkeys,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Anyway, none of that of that matters now,” I said annoyingly. “What matters is I need to get back home and the only way to do that is to grant your wishes.”

“What I want to know is who could have done this to you?” Twilight asked.

“His name-,” I blurted, but stopped when I felt something rustling in my pockets.

I halt my pace with Twilight and Applejack to dig through my pockets to see the cause of the disturbance. Finding the source, I take out another note from Discord. This time it read: No snitching or the cigarettes get it! Love, Mr. D.

“Is something the matter?” Twilight eyed the piece of paper and back at me, suspicious of my sudden behavior.

“It’s nothing,” I meekly replied, “His name isn’t important anyway.”

“Ok, well, here’s mah stop,” said Applejack as we approach a fork in the dirt path; one leads to town and the other goes to an apple orchard in the distance. “Pinkie and I need to do sum’ chores on da farm. We’ll meet y’all later at the Sugarcube Corner.”

“Yeah, we’re going to do some “chores” and that’s all. Nothing to worry about, and be sure to show up at the Sugar Cube, but not too early! Or too late! Actually, just show up, ok?” Pinkie commented excitedly, bouncing off to the distance with Applejack.

“I gotta jet also,” said Rainbow Dash, stretching out her wings and then lifted off the ground, hovering in place.

“Do you have to leave so soon?” Twilight asked as I shuffled through my pockets, fishing out for my pack of smokes.

“You know me, got places to go, things to do and I know that cloud duty isn’t going to take care of itself. Besides, you got John to take care of and from the looks of things, it isn’t going to be easy,” Rainbow Dash giggled, pointing Twilight towards me before flying off as I sat on the dirt path, tonguing the pack of the cigarettes to grab one out.

Twilight contently sighed before my pack is floating in a purple aura and a single cigarette meets my lips, then lights itself with my mini white lighter. “What am I going to do with you?”

“Hmm? You say something,” I said, unintentionally shooting a grey cloud at Twilight’s way.

“Do you have to smoke that?” Twilight coughed, clearing the air with her hoof.

“Sorry, I can’t help it,” I apologized, and then we begin to walk down the same dirt path towards the town. There was an awkward silence as we trotted, avoiding each other’s gaze. It lasted for a couple minutes before the mood was broken.

“You know, I’m surprised at how you’re handling all of this. I thought that you’ll be asking all kinds of questions by now,” Twilight commented.

“No, not really. I learned that you just have go with the flow in life and hope for the best. Now, if its questions that you want to know, how do you do that thing with your horn?” I asked, exhaling another cloud of smoke, expelling it away from Twilight.

“You mean this?” Twilight’s horn glowed and my pack comes flying out my pocket before returning. “It’s magic.”

“Can I do that too? It would make things so much easier than doing everything with these” I waved my hooves at her as she only giggled.

“I’m sorry to tell you, but you have to be unicorn to use magic,” said Twilight as we approach to the edge of the town. “But, there are other things than magic that you can do.”

We enter the town with Twilight leading the way. Timber-framed houses and shops laced throughout the town with certain unique buildings standing out from the rest. The place was bustling with life as the pony citizens are busily going on with their lives. Vendors were selling their wares on the streets, the sound of construction can be heard, and ponies are happily enjoying themselves, but mostly, it was the strange stares from everyone.

“Um, Twilight? Why is everyone staring at us?” Twilight looks at me and then to all the ponies that we passed.

“I believe it has to do with your smoking,” Twilight replied trotting along casually.

“Why is that? Is there something wrong with smoking?” I asked again.

“Oh no, there is nothing wrong with it. It’s just that most ponies don’t smoke and it is usually something practiced by other cultures such as zebras and griffins,” Twilight said stoically, nearing a large tree fitted with windows and a door that stuck out from the typical timber-framed homes around it. “Alright, here we are.”

“What is here?”

“This is the Golden Oak Library where I live and it will be where you’ll be staying for the mean time,” Twilight chimed, entering the painted red door with a picture of a lit candle. I followed behind her after spitting out my burnt out cigarette to the ground outside.

In the hollowed out home, I was amazed at how much room there was compared to the way it appeared from the outside of the library. The room was filled with books of different size and color, covering many of the walls and a table top with a bust placed in the middle of the room. I roamed throughout the room, reading different titles such as Magic: Concepts of Logical and Illogical Theories, Perplexing Pony Plagues and Blue Eggs and Hay while Twilight stood by, smiling at my curiosity.

“Twilight? Is that you?” came a kid’s voice from upstairs.

“It’s me Spike,” Twilight yelled back, “I need you to come down here for a second. We have company over.”

“Coming!” said the mysterious voice.

Then a purple and green scaled reptile came scampering down the stairs. He was a short little guy that stood up right and has green spikes acting a Mohawk running down from his head to his tail. He gazed at me with his lizard-like eyes as he walked towards me. He stops in front of me smiling and gives out a clawed hand.

“Hi! I’m Spike! And you are?”

Author's Note:

Third chapter! Enjoy.

Comments ( 4 )

No snitching or the cigarettes get it! Love, Mr. D.

NO! anything but that!:raritydespair::raritydespair:

3414867 low blow! LOW BLOW!!!

3422441Thanks for the astronomy lesson. Damn, don't i feel like an idiot.:derpytongue2:

3422558 eh I wouldn't of cared if it was just getting the two names mixed up. The thing that kinda made me go "wut." Was when it said the fireballs are actually rocks that fall from comets and burn up in our atmosphere. I guess it's kinda true, it's just the rocks are not from comets lol.

Login or register to comment