• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,829 Views, 40 Comments

The fourth Aurelian crusade - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Following Equestria's arrival into sub-sector aurelia, a black legion warband descends upon the sub-sector once again, sowing destruction in it's wake.

  • ...
1
 40
 1,829

The death of Eliphas and Araghast

Araghast snarled in pain as Thule’s blow knocked out most of his teeth. Staggering back, he was received with a blow to the gut sending him down on his back.

Eliphas was having similar troubles, a flurry of blows sent him flying back right into a tree with apples falling down comically on his head.

“Death to the false Emperor!” Eliphas said as he got up to charge Thule again. This time, he was punched back straight into where he had been a moment before.

“Don’t you dare make mockeries out of us!” Araghast said retrieving his power sword. “You’re suffering will be epic!”

“The only thing that is epic is how much you’re glorious leader fails at defeating his enemies, and how much of a failure you BOTH are.” Thule said. “You’re thirteen lose streak is very admirable.”

“You dare?!” Araghast roared attempting to charge Thule. The captain hardly sidestepped before lashing out a blow that shattered bits of Araghast’s armor.

“Weak. Trash, all of you. How the Emperor trusted filth like you is beyond me.” Thule threw his sword away as he pummeled Araghast with bare hands before turning around to ensure Eliphas didn’t get back up again.

“Don’t you dare look down upon me loyalist dog!” Eliphas roared as he rose quickly forcing Thule back who quickly retrieved his sword. The two chaos lords getting their weapons as well.

“What’s the plan?!” Araghast voxed.

“There isn’t one! We just kill this slave of the dead-emperor and be done with it!”

They rushed Thule once again. This time, the majority of Araghast’s chestplate was shattered, and he lay on the ground, groaning in pain.

Eliphas saw his partner go down, and quickly sent a flurry of blows against Davian. Thule however, with the Emperor on his side wasn’t going to be defeated so easily. He dueled with Eliphas for the time being, not seeing that Araghast was slowly rising to his feet.


Araghast groaned. Finding his sword he saw that Davian’s back was turned away from him. Taking a quick glance around him, he saw that most of the blood ravens were occupied with his men. Hoping that no one would see him, he raised his blade right when the time was right.


Davian didn’t notice Araghast behind him. But what he did notice and actually almost jumped at was a loud crackle and a scream of pain. But not wanting to get distracted, he quickly decided play time was over and ran Eliphas threw. As it turned out, he wasn’t trying this entire time.

“Go to hell and burn, heretic.” Thule said. Turning around he saw the scorched corpse of Araghast, and Rainbow Dash poking his corpse, seeing whether or not he truly was dead.

“He was trying to sneak on you...”

“Yeah I get it. Thanks by the way. I didn’t notice.”

“THAT WAS SO COOL!” Scootaloo said not seeming to notice all the death and horror. “YOU WEREN’T EVEN TRYING AND YOU BEAT HIM!’

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Thule said nonchalantly. “The Emperor willed that I was stronger, and I was.”

That last statement held truth in it. But Thule, having his perfect memory recalled that last time he fought, he wasn’t nearly this fast or strong. He wondered if Twilight’s spell had anything to do with his increased fighting skills. If it did, then maybe Angelos could also use a boost. The blood ravens were due for another crusade against chaos, and he wanted his chapter to be at full fighting capacity.




“Almost... almost...!” Sunset said as she watched the space marines approach. The majority of the chaos warband lay dead in the Everfree forest. Just a little bit more!




“Oh my...” Scootaloo said watching the dead Blood Raven. “Is he...”

“He’s dead. No doubt about it.” Thaddeus said. “Apothecary is working on it.”

“With all due respect, shouldn’t you be giving him a burial and not sticking needles in his body?”

“We do that later. You see, there is many things that differentiates a space marine from the normal human. One thing is the gene seed. Without it, we can’t produce any more battle brothers.”

“He lives on, in our memory.” Thule said. “First, burn all these foul traitors. They don’t deserve a resting place like any true loyal man of the Emperor.”

“While his body rests, his spirit goes to join the Emperor.” Thaddeus said as he watched the men did a hole.

“It’s not over yet. We still have a renegade horse on the loose.” Thule replied. “We must hurry. Whatever her intentions maybe, while not serving chaos, still worries me.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Dashie asked. “I’ll get everyone.”

“Please do.” Thule said. “When did Adrastia say she would be back?”

“Just another day or two. We’ll be done before she get’s back.”

“Good. Because we’re going to southern Equestria, not those dragon infested badlands, but farther south. There is something to be discovered.”

“What is it?”

“Would you believe me if told you Malcador may of been on this planet?”

“No.”

“Let’s change that after we’re done.”