• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,829 Views, 40 Comments

The fourth Aurelian crusade - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Following Equestria's arrival into sub-sector aurelia, a black legion warband descends upon the sub-sector once again, sowing destruction in it's wake.

  • ...
1
 40
 1,829

Open the portal

“It seems an old friend has decided to meet me here.” Eliphas said as he watched Thule single-handedly kill entire squads of chaos space marines and daemons alike. After all of these years, Davian seemed to be even more of a dangerous fighter than he was prior to his encounter with the Tyranids.
“Wretched, weak, clumsy, treacherous. COWARDS!” Thule exploded as he flung a crippled traitor in a lava pool. “Come Eliphas! Face me. Or are you too much of a coward?!”
“No one calls the Inheritor a coward!” Eliphas said angrily. “You will die this day Thule!”
“Your head will decorate the banner of the Blood Ravens when this day is done, traitor!”
“No brother, I will see to it that you rest peacefully here on Cyrene with your chapter and your allies. Prepare to die Thule.”




Aramus stood at the top of the hill facing against the figure in black.
“Coward.”
“Weakling.”
“Traitor!”
“Lapdog of the false-emperor!”
“You will die this day.”
“Khorne awaits brother.”
Aramus glared at Araghast who in turn gazed back through his helmet. The fight had begun once again.




“I presume you are finished now.” Sindri said as he saw the unearthed element of magic. “Is it time we went?”
“Yes.” Shimmer replied. “Come on, let’s go. While those fools kill each other, we can make our escape. I know just exactly where the elements would be stored once recovered.”
“And those two ACTUALLY believed you once you said that they’d bring the elements with them?”
“Evidently. Cooked up one helluva story. Now let’s go unless you want to get left behind.”
“Very well.”

Shimmer began to conjure up a spell that would open a portal to Equestria but before she could, a certain some pony spotted her.
“Sunset Shimmer?” Twilight asked dumbfounded.
“Twilight! Hurry let’s go!” Sunset said as she quickly ran. Sindri, having saw that his powers had no effect over most ponies went along with her. Not that he was scared of Twilight, but he was scared of the mob behind her.
“They’re getting away! They have the element!” Twilight said as she watched the pair run.
Cyrus found a good spot. And he aimed his sniper rifle right at the element bearer...... a pony?
“What the...”
Cyrus hesitated for a moment, enough for the two to escape. He only crouched at where he was, dumbfounded at what he just saw.
“Cyrus! What’s the matter with you?! Why didn’t you kill him?” Diomedes asked. He had only seen Sindri run but he hadn’t been able to catch a glimpse at Shimmer.
“Because I could of sworn, that a pony was carrying one the missing element?”
“Huh?”
“Yes... I could of sworn I saw it too!” Twilight said jumping up. “And I think it was someone I knew!”
“One of your friends?”
“No. Of course not! What would make you ever think they’d do anything so horrible?!”
“My apologies. But I was under the impression your race doesn’t... or as a matter of fact.. CAN’T have any connections with chaos.”
“Myself as well... but something tells me Sunset doesn’t serve chaos.”
“That’s her name?”
‘Yes.... Princess Celestia can tell you about it.”
“Very well. Make sure Angelos and Thule know of this new turn of events.”



“Where the hell is Sindri?!” Eliphas voxed as he ducked a blow from Thule. Thule was even more fierce than last he remembered.
“No clue! Where’s that alien you enlisted to help us?!”
“Also gone!”
“That bitch!” Araghast roared into the vox. “That turncoat sorcerer! That’s what we get for trusting those two!”
“Change of plans then! We follow them!”
“Very well, let’s get out of here then! Open the portal!”



“Damn it! That dog escapes my wrath once again!” Thule said punching the ground.
“Thule! We got bigger problems. Sindri has fled to Equestria, Twilight suspects that an old enemy of hers is aiding chaos.”
“Very well, I won’t be long.” Thule said. “Someone contact Angelos! Sindri is in Equestria. I suspect Gabriel would love a final fight against an old enemy.”




“Well, what in tarnation is Sunset thinking helping those varmints?!” Applejack exclaimed as Twilight told her the news.
“I say, those chaos space marines are dressed absolutely dreadfully!”
“Really Rarity? Is this really the time?”
“Sorry. Sorry.”
“I knew Sunset Shimmer wasn’t even the best pony... but to think she would go out her way to commit atrocities such as evil is beyond me...” Celestia said.
“That’s not the worst of it. When I was in that other world, she tried to take it over. Perhaps she’s trying to take Equestria over now!”
“Not going to happen.” Thaddeus said. “Traitors will all meet their fate before long. We will see to that.”
“Please... whatever you do, don’t kill Sunset.”
From behind the wall, Thule and Angelos both facepalmed at this statement. They kept listening to see how the conversation would go.
“Not kill her? She’s dangerous to all of us! Twilight even said that she had attempted to “reform” her.”
“Aye, and from the looks of it, she has grown a threat to Equestria. Allying herself with those like Sindri, Araghast and Eliphas, she has grown to be a threat to the entire sub-sector.”
“Then I suppose your decision is to murder her?” Celestia asked staring at the ground.
“Yes.... she has grown to a threat to every soul in the sub-sector. We cannot allow this.”
Celestia sighed. A little voice in her head said. “I told you so.” She returned to her quarters to ponder on this.




“While they do wish for harmony and the common good for others, I do question their methods every now and then.” Luna said sharing some tea with Celestia. “You still believe?”
“I do.” Celestia said. “Brutal, violent, and at times, even vile they may be, I still believe humanity wishes for harmony. But perhaps we should try to teach them on the matter?”
“You think they’re going to WANT to sit in a room and listen to any of us? Chances are they’d be pulling out knives and stabbing each other long before you’ve finished the first paragraph.”
“I am certain humans aren’t THAT violent.”
“I know.. but seeing them sitting still and not thinking about killing anything just sounds a bit impossible....”
“Speaking of which, I heard that another entourage of them are due in. I wonder what their business is.....”
“Something to do with some old language and true origins of.. us...”
“What?”
“Yes... true origins of us... we never knew our parents..... or even our home as a matter of fact. For crying out loud, I can’t even remember when I first could remember.”
“Perhaps we should tag along once they finish their battles and decide to go on some joyride throughout Equestria?”
“Yes. I am just as interested as they are. I wonder what they are looking for though.....”