• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,828 Views, 40 Comments

The fourth Aurelian crusade - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Following Equestria's arrival into sub-sector aurelia, a black legion warband descends upon the sub-sector once again, sowing destruction in it's wake.

  • ...
1
 40
 1,828

To end all wars

“Did you say your people used to live here?!” Twilight asked peering down into the planet from orbit. “That planet looks so broken up!”
“Indeed it is.” Aramus replied. “Used to be the best planet in the sub-sector. Now..... just a rotten icecube. Anyways, we’re going in by rhinos since the element is located within Selenon.”
“I smell a trap.” Martellus commented.
“Then let’s spring it.”
“What’s a rhino just wondering?” Twilight asked as they made their way to the hangar.
“You’ll see.”


Atop a hill outside of Selenon, a chaos space marine made his way back to his commander.
“They come!”
“Show me...”
A few minutes later, a certain chaos lord found himself at the top of the hill watching a certain type of transport make it’s way to the keep. When his aide turned to look at his commander, he saw that the chaos lord’s eyes had begun to twitch, and that he was foaming at the mouth as if he was having a seizure.
“Milord?”
“LOOK! RHINOS! RHINOS! OUR ENEMIES HIDE IN METAL BAWKSES THE COWARDS! THE FEWLS!..... We......we.... should take away, their metal bawkses!”
“Milord? We also have rhinos........”
RAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

“Thule.... this is a storybook.....” Adrastia said awkwardly after reading “Daring Do”. “Captain, I hate to rain on your parade, but really, this is just made up.”
“No it’s not! Not entirely that is....” Thule said. “Dash, can you tell me, how much truth is there in the story?”
“Well... come to think of it, I think that old tomb thing did exist. Though I doubt it was just a gold icon they hid. I spoke to Zecora about it and she mentioned it was supposed to be like... somewhat of a monument or tomb... I dunno.”
“That’s really not all that reliable....” Adrastia said. “Unless you have something more solid that some random rambling about whether or not something’s fact or fic...”
“Adrastia.” Angelos said coming down. “I have reason to believe Thule’s discovery is valid. He had given me this a few days ago.”
Angelos handed Adrastia the text that Thule had given him earlier after his stop at the library in the crystal empire. Much to her surprise, it was written in high gothic.
“Everyone here is somehow able to read, write and speak in low gothic, but no one here knows high gothic, not even the two monarchs themselves. If that’s the case, then it’s very likely that they may of not been around when this was written.”
“How do we know this isn’t a farce though?” Adrastia asked. “For all we know, they could be more deceptive than the Eldar...”
“I don’t think so.... Thule wouldn’t be in one piece if that was the case.”
“Oh yes right, Thule if I recall correctly you were entombed in a dreadnought, how exactly are you once again whole?”
“They healed my body. My end was imminent. Only in their act was I pulled from the jaws of death. To be honest, one week ago, there was no way in the Emperor’s name I would have expected any help from them. But for some reason.... it’s awfully difficult to just as much as try to stop them from doing anything. Always there to help. So benign... yet naive about the galaxy around them. They truly believe they can secure this thing they call harmony upon the galaxy.”
“And what did you say?”
“Chaos must be defeated first. From the looks of it, they’d be willing to aid us. I am sure I had contacted you about their anomalous properties.”
“Yes, yes you have. One reason that the inquisition has decided not to burn this planet to the ground or accuse you have heresy.”
“Must be the third time in twenty years...”
“Will be the fourth sooner or later.” Adrastia said dryly. (The irony was that Adrastia had hired mercenary bands before......)
“Now then, but to leave this on a high note, you will be glad to know that a team of grey knights had decided to join you. They are lead by a man called Brother-captain Arven. They will submit to your wisdom for the time being.”
“Any particular reason?”
“They found your discovery of interest. However, it is said Arven has some..... strange ideas..... he has however been unwilling to share.”
“Very well.”
“Oh and remember Angelos, an open mind is like a fortress with it’s gates left open. But even then, even the best fortresses need to restock at some point. Be on your guard.”
“I will. Farewell.”
The inquisitor turned and left leaving the two blood ravens in debate on what to do next. It was eventually settled on “defeat Eliphas first, then go on some wild chase on whatever discovery there was.”

“You think that the war would ever end?” Luna asked Celestia as they watched an apothecary operate on an injured battle brother.
“I hope.” Celestia replied. “Humanity, no, the galaxy has been at war for over 10,000 years while we’ve been blissfully unaware of it. It’s time Equestria with it’s elements of harmony steps in to give aid. There are many who I bet are willing to see reason, while many more that.... we’ll just have to leave them to the good judgement of men like Angelos and Thule.”
“But... it’s just that... should we really leave the fate of the Equestria and the entire galaxy in the hands of barbarians and warlords?”
“They are the lesser of two evils.” Celestia said. “It’s more likely they will see reason then those that sold their souls to chaos. However, they mentioned others amongst them. Remember the orks about half a year ago?”
“They caused a massive carnage....” Luna replied. “I don’t think they will be very compliant.”
“True, true. But I heard them mentioned about people like the Eldar or the Tau.” Celestia said deep in thought. “They perhaps may be willing to see reason. Angelos said through his experiences, those two aren’t bad when compared against their other enemies.”
“It’s likely they will see reason come to think of it now.” Luna said also pondering. “They say the Eldar are even more weary than humanity, and the Tau fight for the “Greater good” whatever that really means. But nevertheless, perhaps we can find a way to make sure of that?”
“We should. Harmony is something all beings deserve... I do weep for those that can’t achieve it.”
“But I heard the humans talk.... about humanity being on Equestria before them?”
“Interesting....”
“Apparently Thule read some Equestrian texts and got some wild ideas. I never knew that man for optimism.”
“No one did apparently. But they have their beliefs, and we do too. Perhaps we should also aid them, perhaps we can maybe even discover ourselves....”
“Worth a shot.” Luna said as she flew off.