• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 1,829 Views, 40 Comments

The fourth Aurelian crusade - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Following Equestria's arrival into sub-sector aurelia, a black legion warband descends upon the sub-sector once again, sowing destruction in it's wake.

  • ...
1
 40
 1,829

Discovery

“And here it is Co.. I mean Captain.” Derosa said handing the element of harmony over to Aramus. “Permit me for asking.... what’s that purple thing that’s following you around?”
“It’s called an Equestrian.” Aramus said. “Or should I say, she is called an Equestrian.”
“It’s.... sentient?”
“Indeed she is.” Aramus said. “Also a psyker, a damn good one at that.”
Derosa slowly opened the drawer at her desk and began to pull out a laspistol. Though she kinda expected Aramus to stop her, she was still surprised at the way the space marine regarded the alien with respect as if they had been close friends, a rather large surprise under these circumstances. But deciding to keep her mouth shut, Derosa bid Aramus a good day and went back to work.

Twilight stood by the window and was sketching out her drawing of the hive city. While the smell was absolutely insufferable, the view was majestic to say the least. Even the best metropolis in Equestria didn’t hold a candle to this thing that the humans called a “hive world”.
“Maybe Princess Celestia would like to see this.” Twilight said waiting for Aramus to get back. “So they already found it?”
“They did. Said something about a random boy was digging around and found it sitting in an alley. Because of it’s strange properties, the governor decided to hold on to it.”
“What happened to the boy?”
“We wiped his memory.” Solomon replied. “Can’t have him knowing about this.”
‘Well....”
“This is confidential if you hadn’t realized it. At least for us.”
“Heh. So humans are also secretive?”
“Very. Now then, Aramus is back. We’re going to Aurelia now. We're almost done. Just two more."
"Then what are we waiting for?"




“Liking the story?” Rainbow Dash asked as she saw Thule sitting down and reading a copy of “Daring Do” outside of Twilight’s new library-house. The space marine really didn’t have much to do, and his only job as of now was to kill time until his brothers recovered the elements. The occasional chaos space marine was found and destroyed with ease.
“It’s good.” Thule said. Thule as most would expect never really read a lot that didn’t involve something that was within his line of duty. But, why not take the time now? He had the time to kill and he may as well as do something that the average man got to do everyday.
The story was good. About a "daring" pegasus who commonly went on adventures to strange and exotic places. (Rogue trader anyone?) This particular one was about the pegasus raiding an ancient temple that was built to commemorate the battle between chaos and harmony. A bit disrespectful in Thule's opinion, but nevertheless, the story was good and he kept reading with awkwardly large hands. Then he saw it and it reminded him of that day in the crystal empire. Any suspicions he had on the matter now went full-blown.
“Rainbow Dash.” Thule began. “Does Equestrian originate from other languages?”
“I think... I dunno, you’re gonna have to ask Twilight or the princesses. Why?”
“I am assuming you read this story before, right?”
“Yes.... read them all actaully.”
“Well... there’s this part about a riddle in an old language.... and that language...well"
“Spit it out, Cool!”
“I can read in it.”
“Okay? I mean I bet a bunch of egg heads like Twilight can too...."
“No, no, no.... that language... it's in my own. Well, one of my own that is.....?”
"Well....."
“I think.... perhaps....”
And of course, that drove the point home and confirmed any of Thule’s suspicions. Humanity had been on Equestria before the Blood Raven’s discovery.
“Where does this story take place?” Thule asked. He was already on to something huge.
“Across the ocean, but...”
“Nothing.” Thule said. “Brothers, get me an astropath. I need to contact Gabriel, the inquisition, and maybe even the high lords of Terra themselves.”
As the space marine he barked his orders to went off, it left Rainbow rather confused at all of this.
“What? Why?” Rainbow Dash asked. “And what are these...”
“Because Rainbow Dash, I now have proof of something. Humans have been here before... but that’s not all of it.”
Thule showed Rainbow a particular picture in the story. It really meant nothing to the pegasus but to Thule, it meant more than his own life.
For that picture, was the very mark of the sigillite himself.......
But that was not all... for there was another one. One of the very symbol of the Inqusition's right hand.
The Grey knights themselves.