• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 19,635 Views, 199 Comments

SCP-███ - Journeyman



Why does Equestria seem so peaceful? Because it's our job to lock up all the monsters. Behind our walls lie demons, darkness, and all the keys to set them loose. Welcome to the Foundation.

  • ...
14
 199
 19,635

SCP-616 — 101 Recipes for Cupcakes

Author's Note:

Warning.

No, seriously.

I'm probably on some serial killer watch list for researching this chapter.

NSFS (Not Safe for Soul)

Item #: SCP-616

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: The object in question must be kept in a secure storage container at Sector-7 when not undergoing research. The object must always be placed front cover facing up on a one (1) meter tall pedestal in the center of an otherwise barren room that is to be observed by CCTV by no less than one (1) security guard. Should the item display any qualities or traits of note, the incident is to be cataloged and site security alerted. Should the subject SCP-616 is bound to perish and the item vanish, the Foundation shall use all available resources to investigate any serious, violent, and/or unusual crimes since the item’s disappearance. Special attention should be paid to deadly and gruesome crimes.

Note from Dr. Freya: Seriously, the bloodier the better. Subjects that read this thing aren’t known for their restraint or self control.

The first subject who reads SCP-616 after it vanishes, hereby referred to as SCP-616-1, is to be placed in a standard 5x5x5 anomalous entity containment unit equipped with bodily restraints and treated as a hostile Euclid-class threat. SCP-616-1 shall be monitored by life support at all times whenever reasonably practical. No less than two guards must be placed at SCP-616-1’s cell at all times, regardless of the subject’s current docility or perceived emotional state.

Compromised subjects are not to leave containment under any circumstance, save for transfer to another containment facility or research rooms. Under no circumstance is the individual allowed any leeway or privileges with containment, regardless of position or privileges prior to contamination. Should SCP-616-1 be any Foundation personnel, their security clearance is to be revoked, all passwords reset, ID cards destroyed, and a public addition to their dossier will declare them as compromised by SCP-616. If the individual happens to be a unicorn, its horn shall be surgically removed.

Any research, cell transfers, or involvement with SCP-616-1 must have an armed contingent of guards equipped for Level-2 incursions on standby at all times. Should SCP-616-1 display its more violent tendencies, it is their duty to restrain the subject. Under no circumstance should SCP-616-1 come to life-threatening harm.

Should a subject suspected to have obtained and read SCP-616 come to the Foundation’s attention, Mobile Task Force Epsilon-83 “Townies” in civilian garb will covertly procure and question them in a secure interrogation facility. Should the captured subject truly not have read SCP-616, he or she shall receive a Class-B Mnemonic Enchantment to modify their memories and be released.

Otherwise, SCP-616-1 shall be escorted under armed guard to the nearest Foundation facility while a sweeper team stages a death with a cloned body from SCP-2385. Under no circumstance shall the compromised individual to be terminated. Epsilon-83 agents are to continue their investigation and locate SCP-616 if the book is not discovered with the subject. Under no circumstance are agents allowed to open or read SCP-616 if it is discovered. SCP-616 and the subject it is bound to, if any, are to never be in the same vicinity after such a time comes to pass.

Only one instance of SCP-616-1 has been observed to exist at one time. Currently, SCP-616-1 happens to be former Foundation alumni Doctor Nedira Kani of Sector-7.

Description: SCP-616 is a book bound by what is now identified as filly leather. The book contains one hundred two (102) pages, each crafted from cured colt and filly vellum. All script is inked in low-oxygenated equine blood. Forensic analysis of the text reveals it to be quilled by an item with an unusually thin point. The book cover itself is unremarkable, save for the text “101 Recipes for Cupcakes” cut into the leather by some sharp instrument in a very jagged script. No table of contents, appendix, publishing house, or author name is present on any page.

The first page of the item restates the title “101 Recipes for Cupcakes.” The remaining pages are dedicated to varying recipes involving the creation of various cupcakes. Rather than most conventional recipes, ingredients often include fresh flesh, crushed bone dust for dough, and harvesting bodily fluids for various sweeteners. There are often complete and highly detailed methods of preparing fresh ingredients from live victims. Methodology differs with each recipe, as some require a quick death of the victim, while others require and show methods to keep victims alive throughout the process under the guise of optimum flavor.

Recipes and methods of harvesting ingredients have been analyzed by Foundation linguists, chefs, and physical interrogators. The unanimous conclusion was that the author of SCP-616 either had practice perfecting his or her technique over many years, or was taught by another equally skilled in the culinary arts and torture. Foundation researchers are currently investigating all possible disappearances and violent crimes that may lead to murders typical of any of the described dismemberments and bodily harvesting.

After initial first reading of SCP-616, SCP-616-1 begins displaying the following list of symptoms over the course of two (2) to ten (10) days:

  • Severe mania
  • Insomnia
  • Decreased inhibitions

Second stage symptoms commonly begin over the course of twelve (12) to eighteen (18) days, although there have been variations if the subject willingly fights the infohazard effects. Secondary effects include:

  • Psychotic delusions
  • Auditory and visual hallucinations resulting in extreme psychosomatic bodily stress and dulled nociceptors
  • Heightened sociopathy
  • Self mutilation
  • Cannibalistic tendencies
  • Atrophy in the temporal lobe, resulting in a hindrance in developing new memories and stable emotional baselines
  • Increased production of Epinephrine and Adrenocorticotropic hormones

Should SCP-616-1 ever perish, SCP-616 vanishes and appears somewhere in the populated world. It is unknown what link confirms the death of the subject SCP-616 is bound to, or how the book vanishes. To date, the Foundation has only encountered the book when an instance of SCP-616-1 has been created. Destruction of SCP-616 is on hold until its author and/or creator can be identified.

Whenever SCP-616-1 consumes the result of one of the recipes from SCP-616, the subject briefly gains memetic or biological enhancements to help it carry out its kills despite erratic behavior. All effects tested thus far have worn off over the course of several hours. See Addendum 616-03-1 for further details.

Containment History: Due to its proximity to the █████ ███████, SCP-616’s activity was believed to be an escape by SCP-1000 from its containment zone. Agents responded to recontain the threat at one of the local villages only to find the entire settlement abandoned with several signs of a struggle. As this was not SCP-1000 behavior, reinforcements were called in. SCP-616-1 had killed the town’s residents and was proceeding to cannibalize several infantile corpses.

SCP-616-1 became immediately hostile upon discovering the agents and attacked. SCP-616-1 showed signs of severe dementia and an inability to feel pain (See Field Report 345X-23 for full details concerning capture). Rather than terminate the subject, Captain Roe decided to capture SCP-616-1 in case of possible anomalous activity. SCP-616 was discovered shortly afterwards.


Addendum 616-03-1:
At the request of the Director of Anomalous Containment, several recipes from SCP-616 were produced by Foundation chefs harvested from terminated D-Class as per instructed. The purpose of this particular experiment was to feed the results to SCP-616-1 and monitor the results. Please note that all editing for each recipe was made by the book’s writer, or previous wielders.

Project Lead: Doctor Annu, Sector-7 Memetic Division
SCP-616-1 at time of testing: █████ ████████

Title: Vanilla Surprise
Page: 3
Ingredients:

  • 2.5 2 c. finely crushed lumbars
  • 2 Tbsp. placenta discharge
  • 2 tsp. powdered teeth
  • 1 c. mother’s milk, fresh
  • 3/4 c. pancreatic extract
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. liver fat (harvest fresh, don’t freeze)
  • 1 living filly, 20-50 pounds [Substituted with D-Class, age 21, female, 56kg (112 lbs.) -Dr. Annu]
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract

Description: Preheat oven to 375 350 360 degrees. Place pan on flat surface.

While oven warms, suspend filly over large tub or bowl. Gut filly with a single horizontal cut across abdomen vertical cut from chest to crotch, making certain to collect enough blood and viscera to fill medium-sized bin. Dip paper paper cupcake liners in bowl, making sure to gather viscera. Air dry and place in cupcake pan.

Mix fat and pancreatic extract until moderate thickness. Add in discharge one tablespoon at a time, mixing well.

Mix lumbars, teeth, and salt together in separate container. Stir well and add to mix. Add vanilla (one more teaspoon optional if desired).

Divide mix equally into pans and bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for one minute. Serve and enjoy.

Result: Curiously, upon consuming the cupcakes, the subject showed remarkable docility that hadn’t been recorded since containment began. This turned out to be short-lived, as SP-616-1 quickly became enraged, repeating, “Wrong!”, “Do it again!”, or various profanities at staff. The subject injured two security guards before being restrained. Tranquilizers proved to be ineffective and the subject was forced into steel restraints until mania subsided.

There were twenty seven confirmed deaths to Miss ████████’s name upon capture. While it is possible that SCP-616-1 sampled this particular recipe, there were no confirmed filly deaths to her name. It is possible investigators missed a body, but this also brings up the possibility that the subject inherently knows the results of each recipe whether they’ve sampled them or not.
~Doctor Annu, Sector-7 Memetic Division

It’s intriguing because the experiment almost turned out to induce tranquility in the subject. I recommend we follow the recipe faithfully and feed it to SCP-616-1 as a means to contain the subject’s violent tendencies more easily
~Tinfeathers, Security Consultant

Denied. I will not allow this for the remainder of my tenure at Sector-7. We’re scientists, not monsters.
~Doctor Annu, Sector-7 Memetic Division


Title: Riding High
Page: 12
Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 c. finely ground cervical vertebrae
  • 1.5 1 tsp. powdered teeth
  • 1 c. pancreatic extract
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. urine
  • 1 c. water
  • 1/2 c. brain fluid
  • 1/4 c. crushed griffon beak, freshly removed w/ viscera
  • 1/4 c. crushed Hercules beetles

Description: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all dry ingredients together in medium-sized pan. Add all liquids. Stir until all lumps are removed. Batter should have moderate to heavy thickness.

Bake for 15 minutes and serve.

Result: After ingestion, SCP-616 proved to be very excitable, but no more violent than normal towards staff. Staff noticed increased dexterity and muscle strength in the subject that no non-anomalous individual should be capable of. Effects passed after eighteen (18) hours.


Title: Creamy Cream Cupcakes
Page: 44
Ingredients:

  • 8 oz. jellied brain matter
  • 2 3 Tbsp. placenta discharge
  • 1 1/2 c. finely crushed lumbar vertebrae
  • 1 c. pancreatic extract
  • 1 tsp. powdered teeth (colt teeth preferable)
  • 1 Tbsp. urine
  • 1 Tbsp. apple cider
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 c. shank, shredded (sirloin for optimum flavor)
  • 1 c. colt testes, minced diced
  • 3/4 c. water
  • 1/2 c. of liver fat
  • 1/3 c. pancreatic extract
  • 1/8 c. crushed griffon beak, freshly removed w/ viscera
  • 1/8 c. crushed Hercules beetles
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

Description: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use wood stove for best results. Prepare cupcake liners ahead of time.

Mix lumbars, 1 cup of pancreatic extract, griffon beak, beetles, teeth, and salt in in large mixing bowl. Add placenta, fat, urine, cider, water, and vanilla; mix well and remove all lumps. Pour batter into cupcake liners.

Beat 1/3 cup of pancreatic extract and brain matter in a separate bowl. Mix with wire whisk and use rib bone to scrape bottom of bowl as needed. Thoroughly mix until consistency is uniform. Fold shank into mix slowly. Drop mix onto settled cupcakes by the tablespoon. Sprinkle with testes.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve.

Result: Cupcakes were delivered to shackled subject via D-Class (D-37665) and were quickly consumed. Despite being told previously to evacuate the chamber after delivering the cupcake to SCP-616-1, D-37665 did not follow orders. D-37665 claimed he wanted to exit the chamber but could not remove himself from SCP-616-1’s presence before having his throat torn open by the subject’s teeth. D-37665 exsanguinated shortly afterwards.

Security entered to muzzle the subject and remove D-37655. The closer security staff came to the subject, the more they claimed to feel an unnatural apathy and unwillingness to remove themselves from SCP-616-1’s presence. Staff were ordered to exit the chamber and wait out the recipe’s effects. Subject managed to escape its bindings over the course of the next several hours and proceeded to devour D-37665’s corpse. For safety reasons, security was ordered to wait a full 24 hours in order to purge the memetic effects from SCP-616-1’s presence. Subject successfully contained shortly afterwards with minimal casualties.

If it weren’t for the subject’s volatile temperament, the book is a treasure trove of cognitohazard abilities. I propose trial runs in order to weaponize SCP-616-1, or discover a means to duplicate the effects.
~Doctor Freya

Limited memetic testing approved. Field testing SCP-616-1 is denied.
~Doctor Salizar, Director of Resources


Title: Plain Cupcakes
Page: 59
Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbsp. placenta discharge
  • 1 c. course powdered cervical vertebrae
  • 1 tsp. powdered teeth
  • 2⁄3 c. pancreatic extract
  • 1⁄2 c. brain fluid
  • 1⁄2 tsp salt

Description: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients together until batter is very smooth. Fill pan of cupcakes and bake until toothpick piercing the center comes away clean. Let sit for 10 minutes and serve.

Result: After last test, SCP-616-1 was placed in steel restraints prior to testing and released remotely after being fed the results.

SCP-616-1’s behavior did not change and proceeded to hurl expletives as staff. Surveillance equipment continued to monitor and catalog SCP-616-1’s presence, but all on site staff reported they have trouble directly observing the subject. All words became white noise and direct eye contact could not be made for more than a few seconds as if to make itself unknowable. Extended removal from direct observation forced viewers to forget SCP-616-1’s presence entirely. Security staff reported being unable to see SCP-616-1 until shown photographic proof it was still in the cell. Subject was not recontained until effects wore off seventeen (17) hours later.


Title: Her Nightly Scream Selenophobia
Page: 102
Ingredients:

Shards

  • 3 Tbsp. stomach fat

Frosting

  • 1 1/3 c. bone marrow
  • 1/4 c. liver fat
  • 1 c. fluid from eyes (Crushing works best)

Cupcakes

  • 1 c. finely powdered sternum
  • 3/4 tsp powdered teeth
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. skull fragments, finely ground
  • 1/2 c. boiling water
  • 1/6 c. crushed griffon beak, freshly removed w/ viscera
  • 1/6 c. crushed Hercules beetles
  • 1/2 c. boiled pericardium
  • 3/4 c. pancreatic extract
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp. placenta discharge

Description: Heat stomach fat over stove. If skull is intact, place inside for one minute or until melted (This helps with flavoring). Pour over 10x12 inch wax paper until cooled. Cut into 3x3 inch segments and place another 10x12 inch wax paper or skinned hide over pan and press to remove air bubbles. Roll into cylinder and refrigerate until set.

Place 1/4 cup of boiled pericardium and bone marrow in medium heat. In small microwavable bowl, microwave liver fat on High about 1 minute or until fat just begins to simmer. Pour over pericardium and bone marrow. Beat with whisk until mixture is smooth and shiny. Refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes until completely cooled, stirring occasionally to remove lumps. Use spare rib to scrape bottom of bowl as needed.

Heat oven to 350. In medium bowl, mix sternum, teeth, salt, and skull fragments together into an even mix; set aside. In small bowl, mix boiling water, beak, and beetles.

In large bowl, beat remaining pericardium with wire whisk. Gradually add pancreatic extract, beating 2 more minutes. Beat in vanilla and placenta until blended. On low, alternately add sternum mixture and beak mixture, beating just until blended. Divide batter among cupcake liners. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling racks. Cool completely.

Beat frosting moderately with separate wire whisk until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds (Do not overheat.) Fit decorating bag with large star tip. Fill bag with frosting. Pipe frosting in circular top of each cupcake and mounding frosting slightly in center.

Unroll waxed paper cylinder, causing stomach fat to crack creating shards. Garnish each cupcake with fat chunk. Store in refrigerator.

Result: Normally the subject, when not attempting to assault staff in its containment cell, is very eager to sample recipes from the book regardless if the recipe was faithfully followed or not. The subject appeared to be very hesitant when being told the name of the recipe, but ingested the cupcake upon request.

As protocol demanded, the room was evacuated in order to prevent possible attacks on D-Class or staff. Subject was released but was still for several minutes before being asked, “How are you feeling?” by Doctor Freya.

SCP-616-1 smiled, laughed, and said, “Very well, thank you.”

Subject proceeded to smash its face into the side of the containment wall. Medical and security opened the cell to to further secure SCP-616-1. Subject was quickly restrained and stabilized, but expired an hour later due to complications caused by the inflicted trauma.

Shortly after SCP-616-1’s confirmed death, SCP-616 disappeared from containment.

After the death of the subject, SCP-616’s full effects became known. The object vanished from Foundation custody until it resurfaced after the Foundation confirmed reports of a violent serial killer prowling Manehatten. Containment protocols were updated in light of this new information.

Addendum 616-03-5: Memo from Dr. Annu

I feel disappointed that I must state that SCP-616-1 is not to be used to dispose of particularly violent D-Class. Not only is this a breach of standard termination protocol, but basic ethics granted to all living individuals. Yes, the D-Class involved were scheduled for termination a week later, but it is not at the liberty of research staff to decide alternate termination measures, or change the time of termination. Those involved are lucky that SCP-616-1 managed to kill the D-Class before it had the chance to be killed itself.

I would to like remind all those reading this memo about what happens if SCP-616-1 is killed. Would you really chance what happened to Ned will not happen to you? If SCP-616-1 were to die, SCP-616 disappears. Comfort yourself with the thought that not even Foundation members are safe from the book’s effects. Think about that for a moment next time you risk it being read by someone else.

I reiterate: no one is to use SCP-616 to dispose of difficult staff/SCPs/D-Class/Doctor Salizar. You sick bastards.
~Dr. Annu, Sector-7 Memetic Division


SCP Foundation Homesite
Editors: