• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 943 Views, 23 Comments

What Dreams Can Come - EsotericPhantasm



After having a strange dream on my flight to New Zealand I found myself an offer to go to Equestria, and soon found myself in the magical land itself, though a little off course. I guess my vacation turned out to be much more than I bargained for.

  • ...
4
 23
 943

Chapter 4. Santuary

It’s a strange transition, going from awake to slipping directly into a dream. I’ve had it happen before a few times, but it’s a rare occurrence. You just close your eyes and things become lucid while your body feels like it’s falling through the bed. Then the images you were simply imagining moments before come into you vision’s focus and before you know it you’re completely inside a dream.

As I said, it’s a little strange.

This is sort of what happened to me when I succumbed to the induced sleep from the liquid I had to breathe in order to survive. It felt like I just left my body and went through the floor, if that’s what was under me that is.

Gone was the oppressive sensation of surrounding goo, and instead I felt like I had landed on a smooth marble surface.

Opening my eyes I found I could see, and it wasn’t anything I would expect. I was in a small square white room about the size of a lobby. On one wall was a door with gold decorations on it, but other than that there was only one more feature in the room.

In the middle of the room was a stand made of dark green jade, and on top of it was a reddish brown leather bound book. The stand was facing away from me so I couldn’t really tell much other than that.

It was clear to me this wasn’t a normal dream. For starters I knew I wasn’t conscious, and felt as if I had simply walked into a room in the waking world. That is, I didn’t have any weird dream logic start giving me a reason for why I was there, and I was aware of every bit of my faculties.

Speaking of which, I was also still a Dragonkin. Just another reason I knew something bizarre was going on.

With curiosity spurring me on I walked over to the stand to examine the book.

The outline of the cover had indented leafy designs, and on the front was leaf gold in cursive font. The words were in Latin, which read ‘Libro Omnia.’ A rough translation would be ‘The Book of All,’ or ‘The Book of Everything.’ A little odd since it wasn’t that big. Only about as large as a ‘For Dummies’ book, which is pretty big, but certainly not big enough to fit everything in it. A computer would have made more sense. Then again, my whole situation really make sense.

The book and stand made me think of what you would find in a wizard’s library.

I proceeded to attempt opening the book. There was no lock, but it felt like the entire thing was glued together. After a few moments of futile effort the leafy designs, as well as the title, started glowing a bluish hue.

I took my hands off it as if it was a hot potato. A voice then emanated from the book and said, “You’re not ready to read me yet.”

Comments ( 3 )

I'm sorry it's not that big of a chapter but I've been fighting a cold the last couple of days so it made things difficult. I did make my deadline though so yay. :yay:


It's alive! So far...

Huh, I forgot this thing even existed

Login or register to comment