• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 15,519 Views, 346 Comments

Seeking Beauty - Donnys Boy



Rarity has accomplished everything she’s dreamt of accomplishing. Except for finding love.

  • ...
17
 346
 15,519

Bonus Mini-Story: "Responsibility"

Bonus Mini-Story: "Responsibility"

Rarity gasped as the pink pony before her nibbled a line from the base of Rarity’s neck up to her ear. Then, as Pinkie Pie began licking along the outer edge of that same ear, Rarity bit down on a moan even as she went into a full-body shudder. Every lick was warm and wet and delightfully vulgar.

Never let it be said, Rarity thought wryly, that Pinkamena Diane Pie does not have a silver tongue …

It was the thought of Pinkie’s full legal name that snapped Rarity back to her senses. She opened her eyes--eyes which she hadn’t even noticed had slipped shut--and saw Pinkie’s beautiful face just a few inches away. Pinkie was grinning at her. The grin was playful, silly, and affectionate, but Pinkie’s eyes? Those deep blue eyes were heavy-lidded. Hungry.

Another shudder ran straight down Rarity’s spine.

Even so, Rarity was a mare of no small amount of willpower and self-control, and so she set aside how much she wanted to ravish that pink mare and instead gently pushed Pinkie back with her fore hooves.

“What’s wrong, Rarishine?” Pinkie Pie waggled her eyebrows, an action which somehow managed to be ridiculous and seductive both at once. “I thought we were playing doctor?”

Rarity took a deep breath. “No, darling. I had asked you how you became a doctor.” She took a few steps back and, glancing over to the nightstand that sat beside Pinkie’s bed, levitated over a business card that had been sitting there. Reading aloud from the card, she quoted, “Pinkie Pie, Esq., D.D.S., Ph.D. Sugarcube Corner, Proprietress. Caterer, Party Planner, and Balloon Animal Artiste.

Pinkie’s grin flickered, momentarily. Then the earth pony laughed. “Oh, that! Why would you wanna hear about something dumb and boring like that?” She grabbed the business card between her teeth, trotted to the opposite end of her studio apartment, and set it down on a low set of bookshelves. “Ooh, I know! Instead of that, I could tell you about how I won first prize in the tri-county balloon animal making competition!”

“Pinkie …”

“And then I can make you a big, fancy dinner, like the ones you eat in Canterlot, and then after dinner you can cast that one spell that Twilight likes to pretend she didn’t teach you!”

“Pinkie!”

“And then, after that, I could give you the bestest massage ever, with all of those funny-smelling oils and--”

“Pinkamena. Diane. Pie.”

Pinkie’s ears went flat against her head, and she scuffed a hoof along the floor of the apartment. She glanced over her shoulder at Rarity and, when she did, Rarity saw that the other pony’s eyes were glistening.

“Oh, my dear Pinkie …” Rarity sighed and crossed the room, wrapping Pinkie from behind in her very best hug. “You needn’t tell me the story, truly. Not if you don’t wish to do so. I just … I hate the thought that you don’t trust me. Or can’t trust me, perhaps.”

Pinkie shook her head. “Nuh-uh! I do trust you, Rarity! I totally do! It’s just …”

Rarity waited in silence for Pinkie to continue. As she waited, she gently stroked the earth pony’s mane. It wasn’t much, she knew, but it was something.

“It’s not really a very happy story.”

Rarity tightened her hug. Still she said nothing.

Pinkie sighed and leaned back against Rarity’s chest. “Back when I was a filly, I always got really good grades in school--I even got to skip ahead some grades--so my parents thought maybe I could get a scholarship to a state college.”

When Pinkie stopped there and fell quiet, Rarity allowed a few seconds to pass before she asked, “And did you?”

“Uh-huh. Full tuition, room and board, everything. And I liked my classes a lot! I was a music major when I first started, and I really liked learned all kinda neat stuff about singing and writing songs.” She let out another sigh, but it sounded different than the first one. Less sad and more … wistful. “And I super, duper liked meeting all the other ponies from all over Equestria, but …”

“But?”

“But then things got bad, back at the farm. There wasn’t a lot of money, and there wasn’t a lot of food. And I was the oldest! My sisters were just fillies who still lived with Mom and Dad! So I had to …” Pinkie Pie shrugged. “Well. It’s not very … not very responsible … being a music major …”

And as Pinkie sniffled and as Pinkie’s shoulders began shaking, Rarity buried her face in the voluminous pink mane in front of her and closed her eyes. She held Pinkie to her as tightly as she could.

The seconds ticked by as an uncustomary silence reigned through Sugarcube Corner. In the stillness, the two ponies leaned heavily against one another, and the two ponies’ breaths slowly synchronized, their chests rising and falling as one.

Finally, in a trembling voice, Rarity whispered, “Pinkie Pie, you are the most generous pony I have ever met.” She pressed a tender kiss into Pinkie’s mane. “And I have never loved you more than I do right here and right now.”


Author's Notes: I wrote a little story set in the "Seeking Beauty" continuity for a Thirty Minute Ponies writing prompt: "Doctor Pinkamena Diane Pie!" Krizak demanded that I add it here as a bonus chapter, and I always do what Krizak tells me, so here's the cleaned-up version.

Comments ( 30 )

Right... Fine show...
Should we be expecting anything else?

I am not quite sure I get it... Seems like she is telling Rarity she had to drop out? How then did she get her Phd?

1458400
Nah, she is saying that she switched majors to being a doctor but just after she graduated all her family died in a horrible fire so she came to Ponyville to be a baker and forget all about her past.

It's not bad, but the timeline is a little confusing. Why isn't she still a doctor, if the family needed the money?
1458473
Oh, they're all dead in this fic. I don't remember that being canon, but I guess it would explain it. Might want to remind people here if it's true.

What. Esquire... she's a LAWYER too? Celestia help us.

D'awww... Though she still dodged the question. Sneaky Pinkie! :pinkiehappy:

I must say that tiredness and a book I've read recently have marred my enjoyment of this story. Nevertheless, thanks for the RariPie. It's been fun, and excellent in how you tied up all those loose ends with amiable ambivalence, just as it should be in real life.

Also, multi-talented, credentialed Pinkie is best Pinkie.

Doctor Pinkie Pie . . . I'm sure her patients felt they were in the safest of hooves :trixieshiftright:

Wow... that was touching.

Wow, hard to believe I'm six days late to reading this. This was a nice read, and of course, very heartwarming.

Thanks for the comments, y'all! :twilightsmile:

1458371
Nah, probably not.

1458473
1458611
Her parents are probably still alive. I dunno. Nothing's been said about that, either way. As for why she's no longer a dentist (or a lawyer) ... well, who's to say she isn't still one? Also, I figured the Pie 'rents got over their bad spell, and it probably helped when Pinkie's sisters hit adulthood and could support themselves.

1465088
Hee. Glad you liked the story so much. Thanks for all the reviews!

1497887
Heh. Yes, that is where I got the name "Lovelace." I am ... not very good at naming characters, so I steal a lot. :twilightblush:

1503938
Who's to say she isn't one? Her job at the bakery is to say she's a baker.

1509047
It was a half-joking comment, though I was thinking perhaps she was merely part-time when she first started at the bakery. Then she fully segued from her former career(s) into baking 'n such. By the time she took over Sugarcube Corner, I imagine she'd have to be mostly focused on that, though perhaps she still does some dental work on the side. Just doing a few braces here and there could probably finance a fair number of parties, heh.

Wonderful story. I've been gradually warming to Raripie. Although I'm not still not sure what Rarity's gonna kill RD for . . .

1574890
Glad you liked it! And glad you thought I did justice to Fancy Pants--he's one of my favorite one-off characters. :twilightsmile:

1611494
Thanks! It's supposed to be a reference back to "Last Round-Up," where Rainbow ditches Rarity and Pinkie Pie in the desert to go after AJ. Sorry that was unclear!

1624193
Oh, thanks, glad you liked that! The epilogue seemed kinda hit or miss with folks, heh.

What an absolutely gorgeous story. I laughed, I cried, I read this entire thing in one sitting and now it's really late. I regret nothing. This is wonderful, and I'm so glad I got around to reading it! (finally >.<) I guess anything more would pretty much just be gushing... but I would so love to gush! Anyways,

please keep writing, I'll definitely keep reading!

2056005
I'm glad you enjoyed the story so much! I hope the rest of my stuff doesn't disappoint. :twilightsmile:

Also, good to hear you liked the Rolling Stones pun, heh.

2194073
Heh, glad you liked that line. I think it's my fave bit of the story, myself. :twilightsmile:

I really liked this story! I think one of my favourite things is there was still interaction with the rest of the mane 6... all too often I read ships and there's no mention of the others, unless they're discussing the new relationship with the pony in question. I love that they all show genuine affection for eachother (for instance, Flutters and AJ holding up RD) rather than just staying in a couple.

I wanna know when she became a Dentist.

Pinkie Pie, mare of all trades :pinkiehappy: . Not that I'm surprised, it being Pinkie and all :raritywink: .

2204427
Thanks! I love the friend dynamics between all of the Mane Six, so I try to include that in my longer stories when I can. :twilightsmile:

2216004
Do not doubt Rarity. She is a Force of Nature. :rainbowlaugh:

Also, re: Pinkie becoming a dentist ... probably a year or so before moving to Ponyville? Somewhere around that time frame.

2220538
Thank you! And good to see that the epilogue isn't completely impenetrable, heh.

Comment posted by Borg deleted Jun 30th, 2013

2580413
Not in this story, no. Alas. :fluttershysad:

2696752
You can just assume that Pinkie's being silly and isn't really a dentist, then. :twilightsmile:

2999373
You're also just as welcome to assume Pinkie really is a dentist! We shall call this the Quantum Pinkie Analysis Approach. :twilightsmile:

So if Krizak tells you to jump of a bridge... would you? (Classical...)

Back to more serious matters, although I'm not sure how serious I can be, seeing as Pinkie is involved. When Rarity made her decision - a rather mature one, I might add -, you got me confused. I even felt... trolled, for a few seconds. I really, really thought she would go back to Ponyville, taking over Carousel Boutique herself and leaving Canterlot to Snips. Would've been hilarious and I could see tons of ways that would've gone wrong, but somehow, I still expected exactly this. And it didn't happen. Hm. (I'm glad for poor Snips, but a tad sad for Pinkie... maybe?)
The twist with the duchess trying to get in touch with Rarity was another thing I didn't saw coming. So, yeah, praise and more praise, you're actually pretty good at writing surprises. It worked for me, at least.

Someone complained about AppleDash being there. Yeah well, can't really argue about opinions, can I? I, for once, am quite happy about that. It's my favorite ship and you implemented it quite well, it even was a little bonus when I considered what to read next. I'd still be interested in who Fluttershy was after, heh... or if Twi and Luna really didn't work out. (Second-favorite ship... *sigh*)
As for the main ship. There were times I'd liked to, I don't know, kick Rarity, I suppose. Or at least, yell at her. Just a little bit. But given that she is how she is, who she is and what she is, that's not a surprise at all. I just, how to say?, 'don't get her' that good. I like her, true, but she's the one I have the most problems with. Nevertheless, you made me like her a bit more, that part growing over the course of the events.
And Pinkie... awww. She'd probably kill me or I'd go insane after a few hours/days, but it's simply impossible not to love her for who and how she is. You caught that spark pretty good, I think.

Fancy Pants was great, as he always is. It's a first-timer though, that you actually made me like Fleur. I don't know why, but most of the time, I somehow find myself in dislike of her...

It's a great little tale you shared here.
Thank you.

5393869
Aww, thanks for such an in-depth review. I think I do tend to get Rarity, so it was a lot of fun to write a story from her perspective. And I'm pleased to hear you think I did some justice by AppleDash. :)

I think you should totally get this Voice overed!.

Also this fimfiction, will be going in my favourites! :D

Login or register to comment