• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 2,245 Views, 26 Comments

Returning the Favor - DarthSylar12



Big Macintosh comes across a lost filly in Sweet Apple Acres and enters a dangerous adventure to kee

  • ...
6
 26
 2,245

Hold Out of A Hero Pt1

Part One: Small town Heroine, Big time dreams

The summer sun was high in the sky above Ponyville. All the town’s ponies were out and about shopping and talking and generally enjoying the day without a care in the world, knowing down in their hearts that despite their proximity to the Everfree Forest that they had a mighty protector watching over them from the shadows of dark alleyways…or as it might be the cold laboratory of Ponville’s resident egghead.

“Greeting everypony! I would like to call this third meeting of the Rainbow Dash Humility Project to order.” The purple unicorn said, clad in a simple black bodysuit, to three other ponies in similar bodysuits and a bare white unicorn.

“Really? The Rainbow Dash Humility Project? Ah sorry Twi. Ah do believe it hits the nail on the head but Ah’m sure ya could’ve thought up something a little more…interesting.” An orange earth pony said with a tough drawl.

“Arg! AJ! I know the name isn’t creative. It isn’t supposed to be creative. It’s just we call these meetings and means discuss our progress with teaching Rainbow a valuable lesson in friendship.”

“Friendship…pffft, I thought we were being superheroes” A pink earth mare said as she jumped into the air with her forehooves outstretched and holding for a few moments before suddenly falling back to the ground. The others gave a questioning look before dismissing her gravity defying act. “And I’m with AJ we need a way cooler name than that. How about the Secret Six?” The purple unicorn, still confounded by the bubbly pink ponies act of physics defying, answered.

“Pinkie the whole reason were doing this is to show Rainbow some humility. And the name is fine!...and there are five of us!”

“Twilight, darling. I know your tastes are more simple and utilitarian, but considering the bombast and drama our enterprise requires. I must concur with Pinkie Pie, a name change would be appreciated.” The white unicorn said reclining on a fainting couch, despite it being too big to have been brought down into the Library Basement.

“I’d, um, like to vote for a change of name, eep.” A meek voice rang out coming from a small yellow pegasus desperately attempting to hide behind her long pine mane. The purple unicorn at the head of the room slapped her right hoof against her forehead.

“Ugh! No! The name is the Rainbow Dash Humility Project! It is what I wrote on the black board! Can we just get on with the meeting! UGH!” Twilight shouted as she levitated a pillow over to her and screamed into it. Everypony else shrugged and remained quiet. Upon ending her freak out Twilight rolled out her chalk board.

“All right girls. I believe we are making great strides. AJ good job on stopping those timber wolves outside of town and pulling that filly out of the well.”

“Ah just can’t understand foals today. Who in their right mind thinks it’s a good idea to play round an open well. That’s the third this week, Ah reckon.”

“Pinkie once more your Pinkie Sense came in handy during Luan’s ‘accidental meteor shower’”

“It was no promblamo ma’am. And for corrections they were comets and they make the most awesometastic ice cream sundaes.” Pinkie said before sticking out her tongue and salivating.

“As good as you may be Pinkie. I do ask that you be more careful. I have had to mend your costume seven times this week.”

“The life of a superhero is fraught with danger, daring and as tragic as it may be, damage to clothing. It’s just way it works baby.” Pinkie said hoping up and down on Rarity’s couch, much to her annoyance.

While this was going on the meek, pegasus Fluttershy was lost in her own thoughts. The previous day after helping Twilight save the town from a dam collapse, and further ‘teach’ Rainbow humility, she helped save two ponies from falling to their doom in a carriage accident. One was a little filly whom she often had over with two other fillies for sleepovers, name Applebloom. The other was her brother, Big Macintosh. Her heart fluttered at the mere mentioning of his name. She remembered, back to the day she got her cutie mark. When she was lost and alone, facing down a deadly Manticor, he appeared like a shining knight out of an old pony tale valiantly defended the creature and saved her life. And now she had saved his. She began to feel a warmth in her chest, remembering how just how close she was standing to him, how grateful he was for her saving him, how deep his emerald eyes and how much she wanted to-

“Fluttershy!” She was snapped back into reality by the shouting purple unicorn. “Equestria Fluttershy!”

“Oh, um, sorry Twilight. I was um, a little distracted.” She said a deep red blush washing over her face. Twilight looked on…not amused.

“Just tell us what you did yesterday.” She said impatiently tapping a ruler.

“Oh, well. I did that fly by you wanted me to do.” She felt really embarrassed admitting to that part, still not understanding Twilight’s master plan to make Rainbow Dash humble. “And on the way back to my cottage I…I saved Applebloom and Big Macintosh from going over the cliff.” Sudennly the orange mare gripped Fluttershy in a tight bear hug, nearly choking the air out of the frail peagasus. Releasing her she began to vigorously shake the mare’s hoof

“Yeah! Ah gotta thank ya for that Shy. Ah couldn’t believe the luck that one of us was there to save ‘em. Thank ya” Applejack continuing with the hoofshake.

“Oh, it was um, no problem. I was glad to save Applebloom.”

“And Big Mackie!” Pinkie Pie chimed in. Fluttershy blushed even more.

“Yes, and Big Macintosh.”

“Yeah. You should’ve seen that lug of a brother of mine. He and may sister spent all night gabbing all about your acts of daring do and such. Swear they were awestruck by the Mare-Do-Well.” Fluttershy couldn’t believe her ears. Macintosh, Big strong Macintosh was awestruck by her!

“Well ladies. I think we’ve done well these past few weeks. I believe that soon Rainbow Dash will come crawling back to us and admit that she took the bragging and show boating a tad bit too far.” She said bearing them that awkward grin she has whenever something goes according to plan. “Time for supper!” Thusly they all began to exit the laboratory save for Fluttershy and their host, who was busily writing out the Mare-Do-Well schedule for the next week on her black board.

“Um, Twilight!”

“Yes, Fluttershy.” She answered, not diverting her gaze from her work.

“Well, um I was er, wondering, if, just maybe, I could have a few more days as Mare-Do-Well this week.” Twilight dropped her chalk and turned to face the now quivering pegasus.

“I don’t know, Shy. It’s a lot of work and could dangerous.”

“Oh, but I just want to be more a help to everypony. I mean Pinkie and Applejack have jobs and I can always get the animals food set up early so I can take longer shifts.”

“I understand. Work here at the library has been getting away from me. I mean just this week we had five people come in. And three checked out books.” Fluttershy just smiled at the fact that Twilight was easily the worst librarian she had ever seen, not that she would ever say that out line. “And with the way you handled Big Macintosh and Applebloom yesterday…sure I’ll give you some more time as Mare-Do-Well.”

“Oh thank you Twilight You won’t regret this.” She said as calmly as possible. For insider her mind she was so excited to be getting this chance, to help the ponies of Ponyville and her friend Rainbow Dash and maybe get to spend more time with Macintosh. That big strong hunk of a…

“Um, Fluttershy?” Fluttershy was once more drawn out of her day dreams by the purple mare who was pointing at her sides. Fluttershy gasped at she had found her wings were high and outstretched. She let out and ‘eep’ and fled out of the library as fast her legs could carry her.

Comments ( 19 )

Confound these pony drive you write good!
Keep up the goodwork.:moustache:

its awsome to see that you dcided to continue this :pinkiehappy: really good chaptr for a beginning and im having a lot of ideas to where this story can go so yeah cant wait for your next update :twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

354240 :pinkiehappy: Thank you for the comment. It's not my best work. It originally was going to be longer, but I felt before we get into the plot we needed to establish why Fluttershy was taking more of a role as Mare-Do-Well. Next part is going to be fun because were going have a yet another disaster and first confrontation between Mare-Do-Well and RD as well as seeing what Big Mac is going to be doing in the story. Thanks again for reading.

354288 Thank you for reading :pinkiehappy: It's people like you who made me decide to take this fic further. I'm glad you have ideas, I have a lot too and you'll start to see the outlines of them in the next chapter. I'm glad to see you liked it and I hope subsequent parts will continue to entertain people.

355522 lol well, thank you not only for the 1st chapter that really give to all of us desire for more thanks for continue this :pinkiehappy: and i read anything with Fluttershy and Big Mac because i like this pairing a lot you also added the condiment of heroism in both characters and for what i thinking not only Fluttershy will play hero in this Mac also will some time i believe but that its up to you :eeyup: so yeah as i said before cant wiat for your next update and keep up your awesome work

glad you continued this

378599 Glad you liked how I continued this:pinkiehappy:

I probably already said something on the FF.net version of this story, but I'll say something again, just for the sake of using the Flutterage emoticon. :flutterrage: I just love that face. :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

Anyways, the story is unfolding quite nicely and has kept me interested. I did catch quite a few errors though, so I would highly recommend reading your stories over before posting or getting a beta-reader.

All in all, I'd love to see another chapter soon.

Also, :flutterrage:

428834 I'm glad you like how its going. Yeah :ajsleepy: I'm not good with my grammar and spelling. If I had a beta reader it would make things easier on me. I'm glad your liking it and hopefully the next chapter is better. :scootangel:

I am glad you are continuing this story. Also, you did have some parts where words were left out.

Example: “I don’t know, Shy. It’s a lot of work and could dangerous.” it should be "I don't know, Shy. Its a lot of work and could be dangerous."

Keep up the great work. :pinkiehappy:

Oh man this story is just so amazing that I had to read it a second time.:yay::heart::eeyup:

537532 :pinkiehappy: Thank you so much. I'm glad your liking it. I hope to have the next chapter up some time next week. :eeyup::heart::yay:

I DEMAND ADDITIONAL PYLONS (Chapters) :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache: / 5

615804 Thanks for the comment!:yay:Request Herd (lol) But yes New Chapters will be coming more now that its summer. :moustache:Prepare your body.

1220665 Yeah. I just realized how behind on...everything I am. Its been rough. But I'm finally on some ADD Meds and they have really helped me. I really do hope to come back to this story soon. Thank you and people like you who keep procrastinators like me honest! You sir rock.

Maybe... just maybe... Fluttershy has found her calling?

I like this tale. Like many have said, I could see many directions on where this could go. Hope that you continue this story. But no rush, I'm willing to wait.

Login or register to comment