• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 1,656 Views, 38 Comments

Caged Panzer - Dark0592



When Twilight is sent to prison, she chooses to fight in mechanized death games to reduce her sentence. Celestia has other plans as well, but whether they are beneficial or not is up for grabs.

  • ...
7
 38
 1,656

Chapter 1

A/N so guys, this is incredibly difficult to right ponified for some reason. You have no idea how many times I've had to catch myself and fix things. So I have a proposal. I will release two versions of chapter two when it gets written, one normal and one that provides a viable- although possibly cliche- humanization. It's just all of the ideas I get for this story are humanized and I have to ponify my thoughts lol.
either way, hope you enjoy. -Dark

“So I’m guessing you’re needing a team.” Dash said when she got back to her cell block. Twilight looked at her, the other four ponies behind her. Twilight raised an eyebrow.

“You offering?” Twilight asked with a smirk. Dash grinned but shook her head.

“We’re Moon’s team, sorry, though your cellmates have been trying to find a pilot to take them if you’re interested.” She replied. Twilight’s eyebrow went higher and she turned to her cell. She saw Chrysalis with her eyes closed, but Nictus was watching. Twilight went in and hopped into her pod and reclined.

“So I doubt you trust us enough to be your team yet, but you can tell a warden that we’re your team so we can get to work quickly and work on getting to know each other over building your Panzer.” Chrysalis said, leaning over the side of her pod when Twilight opened her eyes. Twilight closed them again and thought on it for a while. Chrysalis and the others, who had also leaned over the sides, waited patiently.

After a few moments Twilight opened her eyes, sat up, leaned inches away from CHrysalis’ face and stared into her eyes for a good ten seconds.

“Sounds good to me. Your eyes show the offer is genuine… We’ll see how this goes, I’m not very good with interacting with others though.” Twilight warned, reclining again. Chrysalis laughed.

“Then we have something in common, Changelings don’t normally communicate with speech so we’re still getting used to it.” She said.

“So, what are you good with in terms of the CP?” Twilight asked after a few moments.

“I’m the copilot.” Chrysalis said.

“Engineer” Nictus said.

“Weapons” Mantis said.

“Systems” Cerene said.

“Hm, how long until meal time?” Twilight asked.

“About an hour.” Chrysalis said, looking at the clock.

“Right, I think I’ll take a nap until then. We can talk about it more while we eat whatever it is they give us here and if I’m still privy to the idea I’ll go to a warden.” Twilight said. They all nodded, even though Twilight already had their eyes closed, they all watched as she fell asleep before returning to their lounging.

“What are you thinking, my queen?” Nictus asked. Chrysalis just chuckled.

“You obviously know. I must say, I’m rather excited. Our first time in the CP games. I have a feeling this place won’t be so bad anymore.” She replied.

---

“Already?” Celestia asked later that day. Twilight explained the situation and seemed to mull it over for a while as she paced. “Alright, I’ll allow it… There are terminals in the Workshop the five of you can go to for ordering your parts… I trust your judgement with this, but I check up on all teams and their Panzer before every match. I will bar your participation if I sense anything is amiss between you and your makeshift team.” She continued.

“I expect nothing less, Princess.” Twilight said with a smile. Celestia sighed and walked over to where Twilight was standing and wrapped a wing around her.

“I miss the old days when you were a filly… It really is a shame what a dark world can do to such a kind soul.” She said softly. Twilight giggled and leaned into her for a moment before backing out of the embrace.

“I’m still Twilight, I’m just not the same Twilight… I always will be Twilight Sparkle, though, no matter what happens. If not then I’ll be dead. Simple as that.” She said rather solemnly before leaving before Celestia could say anything more. She had been doing that alot…

Chrysalis and the others were waiting at the bottom of the stairs with questioning looks. Twilight grinned and motioned with her head for them to follow. They entered the workshop and Twilight was just a little awestruck by all the machinery and variations of the large Panzer.

It seemed that generally they were humanoid, but nearly half of them had some alteration or another. They weren’t nearly as high tech and fantasy-like as some books have portrayed mechanized tanks before, but at the same time they weren’t just tanks with upper bodies. Well, there was one like that but that was a rare case it seemed.

“So what are we limited to in terms of what we can order?” Chrysalis asked.

“Well I’m going to rely on your input, due to your familiarity with how they work, but price is not an issue. I have piloted similar things before, and done many virtual simulations in my time, so I’ve found that I prefer speed with lots of stopping power.” Twilight answered. Chrysalis thought a moment and in seconds they were all on separate terminals compiling various things onto the main one.

After five minutes they had compiled a series of choices for Twilight to put together on the main terminal that ranged from chassis, weapons and special modifications. The final product was incredibly expensive, but they were all happy with it. It stood a bit taller than most light Panzer, but it was incredibly slim and had light armor. The armor was sloped and slanted so that it would take a direct hit from a big gun to do any real damage. Because of all the sloping and slanting, it had a lot of sharp edges.

The forearms had Magic Amplifiers, which could amplify magical energy to create solid energy strong enough to cut through armor. The armament consisted of two mounted dual repeater cannons mounted under the energy amplifiers, which fired about two rounds a second that could pierce weaker armor and dent heavier armor, and a massive sniper cannon that could probably punch through heavy armor and go straight through an entire light mech. The feet of the thing could deploy pylons into the ground to stabilize and combat recoil.

There were three special modules that used a fairly large amount of her own magical energy to use. The first was a set of thruster engines on the back, mounted on a sort of wing frame, that coupled with a set of gravitational glyph inscribed thrusters in the feet to hover. The second was an optic camouflage that was nicknamed ‘chameleon’ since it worked about the same way.

The last was kind of ironic, considering the changelings helped design it. It was a transformation system. She had three forms of the Panzer. The first was the humanoid form, the second resembled some sort of reptilian quadruped that was built for speed and the last resembled a dragon. The last one would wear down her magic if she flew for too long, but she did have lots and lots of it. Her sniper cannon would be mounted in the shoulder of the Basilisk form, which is what she called the quadruped, and in the mouth of the dragon.

“Well this’ll certainly be a bitch to get working in less than a week, but luckily the parts will be here by tomorrow morning. We’ve had a garage designated for us for about a month now, looks like we can finally use it.” Nictus said. Chrysalis laughed and turned, the laugh falling short. Moon was standing there with the others that was her team behind her.

“I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield, Twilight. Lucky for you the match next week is a scrimmage and therefore when I kill you your brain won’t explode.” She said, though she had a certain grin on her face that said ‘give me a challenge’. Twilight grinned back and walked up to her. The Alicorn was taller than her, but Twilight was a fairly tall mare herself and was able to go face to face with her.

“I’ve got a feeling that you won’t be killing me, and I won’t be killing you. If you’re really as good as you act, I look forward to it as well.” She said. Moon chuckled and turned around to walk off further into the workshop.

“She may be cocky, but she’s an honorable fighter. She could have looked over our shoulders to see our designs.” Chrysalis mumbled.

“Good.” Twilight said simply. “So where is our space?” She continued. Chrysalis led them through a few corridors until they finally reached a closed garage door. Chrysalis put in a keycode on the keypad and it opened to reveal a massive room in slight disrepair.

“Don’t worry, it’s mostly just dust and clutter, we can get this place pristine before dinner.” Chrysalis assured Twilight. Twilight just looked around. There were pulleys, winches, ladders, moving platforms and anything else you could possibly need to build a large mechanized tank.

“Luckily since we sent in the design as well as the parts, most of the modification and customization work that would need to be done on the parts will already be done so we just have to put it together and make sure everything does what it’s supposed to do.” Nictus said, hopping up onto one of the maintenance platforms.

“I think the biggest stretch of work will be getting the systems to work with the transformation.” Cerene said, starting up all of the terminals and generators.

“Either way, any weapons we put on this thing will be awesome. I mean that huge sniper cannon? No question, that will have some satisfying bangs.” Mantis grinned.

“Well, shall we get used to the place now?” Chrysalis said, looking at Twilight. She shrugged and walked over to the terminal.

---

That night was certainly an interesting night. Well, not so much the night itself but the dream Twilight had. She couldn’t even put it into words. All she could say for certain was that these CP games were going to be fun.

She was woken up by a loud ringing noise, groaning as she wiped sleep from her eyes and sat up. The others were hopping out of their pods and were shuffling towards the door. She followed and they left the cell block to line up in the large mess hall for breakfast. They talked about their day’s work as they ate until a warden announced the garages that had shipments delivered. Theirs was one of them, so they nearly rushed over to see it.

Twilight never thought she’d think of big garage filled with massive crates and pallets and new machinery as beautiful, but hey here she is doing just that.

“This is going to be more fun than I thought…” Twilight said, her horn glowing as a clipboard floated over to her. In conjunction with it and a quick magical scan, she found that everything they ordered was indeed here and to their specifications. Her bank account was going to be hurting for this, but it was so worth it.

“Right, we’re all going to have to work together to get the frame setup. Once we get that done we can move on to our specialties.” Nictus said, surveying all of the parts as well.

“We don’t have a proper winch or crane, so I’ll do all the heavy lifting. You guys are going to have to help me through this, because I may know what they are but I have no idea how they work internally.” Twilight said with a grin as she pried the top off of the largest crate without a problem, the creaking wood making a satisfying snap in her magic.

“Whoa…” They all said in unison. The parts and components of the head of the thing were there, namely the faceplate. It looked as if someone had turned Twilight’s, or a similar looking unicorn mare’s, face into an angled mask with nothing but eyes.

“Right, if there are any I’m going to need an operation manual, any kind of books dealing with putting the thing together and possibly some theory of the technology.” Twilight said.

“Well there should be a box in here somewhere full of books, I don’t think they’d be able to teach you all that… much…” Chrysalis started to reply, but Twilight’s magic enveloped one of the boxes and a number of books floated out. They swirled around her, their pages flipping rapidly as she looked at them at random. They went from the box to a neat pile one by one and in ten minutes she had cleared the thing. She stood there for another minute with her eyes closed, processing the information.

“Did you seriously just read all of that in ten minutes…?” Chrysalis asked. Twilight grinned and opened her eyes.

“I used to run a library.” Twilight said simply. Her horn glowed and all of the crates opened and parts floated up to the massive set of platforms and mounting stations. It would need at least two days of work to get the thing’s frame completely setup and functional and then another two in order to finish it. At least that’s what Nictus and Cerene were saying.

“Damn, I was worried with how much we got it’d take at least two weeks…” Mantis said with a grin. Twilight grinned back as everything that could be put on the static mounts to hold the thing was placed and the rest were moved to convenient locations.

Comments ( 15 )

hmmmn, so u did use a few of my suggestions in the design, the thruster pack, the sniper gun...the dragon form...i wait to see if the name for the mech i used catches on...

3295235 ... *facepalm* I told you, I had already had this written up when you posted your comment. I used literally nothing you said if memory serves, as the only part that wasn't finished when we spoke was the last paragraph or two

3296216 hey, please permit me my little fantasies, it makes things go a bit smoother for me...and it does seem that we were operating along similar thoughtlines, seeing as the dragon form, jets and limited flight from mode Blue, sniper gun from mode Pink, active camo and shielding from Yellow...we had many of the same ideas, i just thought of a way to make them more awesome...

3296462 that's kind of conceited mate
and I honestly stopped reading before you got into the colored modes, too lengthy and kind of unoriginal but still a good idea nonetheless. I had actually come up with the designs completely on the spot in school that day. The different forms I wanted to incorporate because I wanted to add a unique feature influenced by the dominantly changeling team. The sniper cannon is because I just love it, if you were to find and read any of my other mech stories you'd see I've been using it for a long long time, the dragon form because why the hell not and reasons I will not mention because of spoilers, and then the basilisk form for speed and mobility

3296973 meh, i happened to be channeling Dash when i posted that...

3298300 that made about as much sense as pinkie pie on acid

Right, so:
A. Grammar mistakes.
B. The story is a bit awkward, choppy, and too close to breaking the fourth wall at times.
C. The characters are too OoC.
I can help with these, if you want.

3303435 A, if I missed them on my initial look over before posting then it's not story breaking
B, many reasons for that, mainly the fact that my brain wants it to be humanized and I'm trying not to, but also because of my writing style I suck at starting stories
C. the only real characterization that could be really judged here is Celestia and Twilight, and I really havne't gone very deep in either of these ones. there are only two chapters, not twenty. and, for the record, technically since it's AU I can go as OoC as I want as long as I provide backstory as to why the change is there. and I do plan on explaining Twilight's past in a later chapter, but for now if you don't like it then stop reading but if you can look past little mistakes then continue and enjoy

Oh man, I was having a lot of fun reading this story, it' such a shame that it hasn't been continued. This shows a great deal of promise, I am excited to see if this ever gets continued, it's definitely worth it. As for the mechs, I do believe this would fit better with humanized figures than ponies, but the choice is ultimately yours.

I look forward to seeing more of this, and ifit doesn't get continued, it's ok, I had fun reading it :twilightsmile:

7988872 It probably won't get continued, since I don't really want to write straight ponies anymore and if I suddenly changed it to humanized it'd be more than just the stature that changes, the continuity would be nonexistent.

7989088 I see... Well, it was still a good read anyways :) I'll be sad to see this story forgotten when it had so much promise, but if you ever decide to revisit it (or rewrite it) know that you have my full support!
I wish you the best, and good luck on your future stories!!

7991302 A re-write is always possible yeah, but ultimately it comes down to if I can finish most of my other stories first. Which, knowing me, might take another four years lol.

Hmm. Shame this is abandoned. I haven't read it yet, but the premise is intriguing. I'll have to give it a read and share my thoughts. Maybe give a few suggestions if I think of any.

Good luck on your current works! Keep writing! It's the only way to get better! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment