• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 757 Views, 20 Comments

Take Back The Night - Flutterkill123



"A MINECRAFT UNIVERSE?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs at my elder, Celestia. She rose an eyebrow.

  • ...
2
 20
 757

Opening.

☆★Take Back The Night★☆

By: Flutterkill

Inspidered By: Take Back The Night, By Tryhard Ninja

Clop clop clop!

"Twilight?"
Clop clop clop!

"Twilight!?"
ZOOM! Clop clop clop!

"TWILIGHT!!!"
I snapped back to reality. My head deep in a book, and packing bags.

"Spike! You can see i'm busy! Now have you seen my-"

"Quill?" He said, holding it.

"Heh..." I said, nervously. "I guess I am just a little worried."

"You think?" Spike replied, jumping onto my back, and relaxing his little feet on my wings, and hugging my neck. "You should really relax, Twilight. You have nothing to worry about!" I froze. Eye twitching.

"N...Nothing....?" I just stood there. "NOTHING?" I felt Spike jump at my sudden outburst.

"Jeez, Twilight. You're so tense..." Spike said, reaching into my satchels, and pulling out a map, which seemed like an accident. "Hey, what's this?" I rolled him off my back, and levitated the map out of his reach.

"You adorable little snoop!" I smirked. "Who gave you permission to go through that?"

"Hey!" He said, blushing lightly. "First, i'm not a snoop, and second, I just wanted to find an apple!"

"Here's an idea: Go downstairs, into the kitchen- try not to get lost, and get one!" He gave a little chuckle.

"This castle's so big i get lost just going downstairs! Plus, that's a lot of effort."

"Coming from the guy who's gonna be my second-in-command once we move." I said, with a shaky voice. I trotted over to a mirror, where my crown was, but tried to ignore it, and started brushing my hair. Spike, on the other hand, picked it up before I could stop him, and then put it on my head. Then jumped off my back, and bowed.

"Knock it off, Spike!" I said, quickly pushing it back onto the mirror stand. Spike looked completely confused.

"I thought you didn't mind wearing it?" He said, tilting his head.

"I don't!" I snapped back, not realizing it. "I just... Well, I don't mind wearing it for special occasions!" That reply just gave Spike a reason to roll his eyes. I looked at the clock, and faked a yawn, which turned out to be real in the end. "I

"I guess it is getting kinda late..." He said, looking at the clock reading 10:47. He hugged me around the neck once more, and I put a arm around him, as he walked over to his bed, and curled up. That was my signal to go over, and cover him up.

"Twilight..."

"Yes Spike?"

"Can you say that night-time poem you used to sing to me when I was younger?" I smiled, and nuzzled him under the chin.

"Of course, Spike." I began to speak in a gentle tone.
Sleep
Sleep precious
Sleep my love

Sleep until nothing’s left
Sleep until the world is gone
Sleep until it’s cold
Sleep until the world is black

Sh… don’t speak
You’re too weak
Just close those
Tired sore eyes
And sleep

Dream of a better world
Dream of a bright future
Dream of the perfect life
Dream of what will never be

Sleep soundly
Sleep peacefully
Sleep deeply
Sleep forever

Nothing can hurt you
No one can get you
You’re safe now
Just close your eyes
And sleep

Sleep my love
Sleep my sweet
Sleep darling love
Sleep

I’ll be with you soon
Wait for me
Just sleep
For now.

He was asleep. I yawned at my own words, and gently trotted over to my bed, and laid my head down, and gently adjusted my wings, and covered myself up. With that done. I drifted off. What lays in store for tomorrow...?

~~~

"Ght..."
Slowly...

"Light.."
Faster"

"Twilight!"
I opened my eyes. Feeling dull and sleepy. I looked up, to see my favorite foal sitter- I mean... A fellow princess, Cadence.

"Hello there, Twilight!" She let out a hoarse giggle, sounding as if she had just gotten up also. "Are you ready to be assigned to your kingdom?" I smiled, the most fake smile ever. And slowly nodded, trying to consume all the tears that wanted to press out past my eyes.

"Go ahead and get ready! Spike's already down at the carriage. He's been there for almost an hour! He seems to not understand the fact that there has to be a meeting!" She giggled again, trotting out of the glass doorway. I looked at the clock. 6:00 on the dot. Why does this have to happen... Why can't I just have been a normal pony...? I thought, as I got up, and brushed my hair. Took a shower, dried, and brushed my hair and main again. Put on my tiara, and packed only the essentials. I looked at the clock again as i looked out of my room. 7:37. I sighed, and trotting out the door, and down to the main hallway. There, Luna, Celestia, Cadence, and Flash-

"W-wait, what!?" I said. "Flash Sentry is coming too?" Trying not to sound rude, he replied.

"You think Princess Celestia would send you to the Minecraft Universe without a guard or more?"

"WHAT!?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "A MINECRAFT UNIVERSE!" Then covered my mouth with my hooves. All eyes fell on me. My ears fell flat as I saw Princess Celestia raise an eyebrow.

"Now, Twilight," Princess Luna suggested, seeing as how her sister was going to say something unlikable. "You know, we all have the most utmost faith and trust in you, but, the Minecraft world could use a person like you." I couldn't believe my ears. I've only heard of the geeky game, let alone the ACTUAL universe.

"Why me...?" I whispered.

"What?" Celestia said.

"Why... Me?" I said loud enough for everyone to hear. They all stared in shock in my current yell. "I mean... I truly don't wanna sound rude... I just... Don't understand why it was me that had to get the Minecraft Universe, yet the others get such... More.... Round universes. It dosen't really make any sense."

"This is more of a test-"

"No. It isn't, sister." Celestia said, before Luna could finish her sentence. She trotted over to me, eye to eye, and put a hoof on my shoulder. "Like Luna said, we all have the most utmost faith and trust in you. The time for tests is over. This is one of those challenges... That me as a ruler.... Were too cowardly to handle... But you... There's a certain spark in you that I just know will make everything worthwhile. Flash is going to take good care of you." She slowly escorted me outside, where my mother, and father were standing. They had tears in there eyes as we hugged. No words were said as I was safely escorted to my carriage. We waved goodbye as the guards were flying us away.
Further
Further
Further
Gone

Author's Note:

"I faked a yawn, which turned out to be real in the end"
Ironically, that happened to me while writing this, that's why i put it in! X3

Any idea's WILL be used in the next story! So, message me, or comment! ^_^