• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 5,399 Views, 201 Comments

I just wanted to go to Equestria! - Ditz



I've always wanted to go to Equestria, so I'm instead send to the world of Equestria Girls. Go figure.

  • ...
30
 201
 5,399

Lemon-Free Pie for Everyone!

*Rin-* “Nope!” A fraction is all you are getting to be loud, mister!

Having turned off the bother of my alarm, I jump on my bed and spring straight into the closet, landing on my pile of dirty clothes! Hmm… maybe I should wash them when I get back home.

“No, focus! There is something important happening today!” I tell myself, I mean, it's not like I marked the days down since it happened, or anything. I look at the calendar, and notice the circled date. “One month! I can't believe it's been one month!”

“Breakfast is almost ready!” comes the voice that pulls me out of my excitement.,, not! It really didn't! And no one said that I can't be DOUBLY excited! “Coming!” I shout, quickly getting myself ready for the day of today, even running down the stairs three steps at a time instead of two.

“Yo, Pinkie Pie.”

The sound of the voice makes my excitement drop for a second, just like I am right now because I tripped, and am on a one-way trip to to ouch central.

“Pinkie, watch o-”

Other than the voice, the whole falling thing is kind of a blur, but gotta live in the present, because it feels like I'm on top of something. I do the thing with my eyes and look down, where I instantaneously recognize Lemon, who is looking at me with a very grumpy expression that he usually has, but totally doesn't mean.

That he totally pushes away because he smiles at me. “Morning, Pinkie. Parents dropped me off...”

Which I return, of course! “And a good morning to you, Lemon. Thank you for coming!”

“I hope I'm not interrupting something,” I hear mom say in that tone of voice that she only uses when she doesn't like something… maybe I shoul- “Whoa!” I yelp, falling on my butt because Lemon pushed me off. “Rude!”

“S-sorry about that, Mrs. Cake!” he apologizes to mom. “Pinkie was falling down, and all I could do w-”

“Don't worry, son, it happens more often than I care to admit,” she laughs. “Come on, you and Pinkie can have some breakfast, I need to go help Mr. Cake with the early rush.”

We sit down together as mom heads down to the store, and Lemon and I stay alone. It's perfect!

“Pinkie, I know that grin, in fact, I've tasted it, because that's usually where it ends up,” he says.

“That's not it, silly!” I say mostly truthfully. “Don't you know what today is?”

With a cinnamon roll in his mouth, he answers. “Tuesday?”

“No, you Mr. Forgetson! It's our on-” *Beep* “Huh?”

He takes out the phone from his pocket, suddenly looking very serious while he reads what might be bad news! That, or he got one of the stale pieces of bread. It happens.

“Sorry about that, Pinkie, I,” he says nervously. Why is he suddenly nervous-ly? “Hey, you think we can finish quickly? I have somewhere to be today.”

“Oh, well, if you have to, sure!” I agree for him, but I can't say I'm too happy with the timing of that phone.

I'm watching you, mister.

Minutes later, we are done, and well on our way to school by foot. I AM still grounded from the car for the next two-thousand, seven hundred and thirty one days, after all.

“Pinkie?”

“Uh-huh?”

“Why are you leaning over my shoulder like that?” he asks, putting the phone in his pocket.

“I was watching your phone, of course!” I point out, since he hasn't stopped texting since we left my house! And I happen to find that very suspicious… that phone is up to something!

“I'm now going to have to ask you to respect my phone's personal space,” he says, putting the phone in his pocket. Darn.

But no time to pout! Because we actually get to school sooner instead of later. Because why would we get there later? We would be late to school!

“Come on, Lemon! It's time for class!” I tell him, grabbing his hand and gently pulling him with me.

“Geez, chill!”

I give him the stink eye, and say. “Lemon, I thought I told you my name wasn't 'geez'! I don't like this nickname you keep giving me.”

He rolls his eyes (as Lemon tends to do) and pats my hand. “Pinkie, I really do have to go somewhere right now, do you mind going to class on your own today?”

“Oh, well, don't you want me to go with you?”

“No!” he answers loudly really quickly. “I mean, er, since you are MY FRIEND,” he continues a bit louder. “I'll tell you that it's a personal matter. You understand, right?”

Hmm… not suspicious at all! “Okie dokey! See you at lunch?”

“See you at lunch!” he smiles, and nearly gives me a goodbye kiss, but stops when he nearly does it and walks inside while I follow right in and head to my locker. I wonder why he is in such a rush? Maybe he has to go to the toilet.
It's still a bummer! But at least I'll show him after school.

“Boyfriend problems, Pinkie?” I hear Rarity call behind me, and the odds were with me because it's really her when I turn around! “Does he still think he is actually keeping it hidden from everyone else in school?”

“He says he is keeping it secret from Rainbow Dash, but I don't know why he would! Dash is awesome!” I blurt out with Applejack level of honesty, and I'm not just saying that like she tends to do out of nowhere.

Whoa! And speaking of out of nowhere Applejack blurting. “Ah don't mean to meddle with this fine conversation, Pinkie, but is this the same Rainbow Dash we know?”

“Audible gasp! How could you say that? Rainbow Dash is one of the most understanding girls ever!” I tell them.

Both Rarity and Applejack look at each other for like a second, and Applejack looks like she is trying to say something. “Um, well… you see, sugarcube. Dash is…”

“She can be a bit problematic, darling,” Rarity continues instead. “Specially after you two had been having problems! You know how she is with grudges, right? I'm quite certain Lemon knows this too, and he wants to slowly warm up to Dash in his own way. Surely, I don't need to remind you what happened when she learned you two were still friends, do I?”

“Hmm...” I think thoughtfully, but I can only remember growling from Dashie… maybe that bowl of macaroni over Lemon's head knew something! It seems the inanimate objects are conspiring against me!

“Personally, Ah honestly think he just wants a bit of space to do his own thing, so just give him some, there isn't a need to be jealous,” Applejack says, and she said she was honest!

That means I have to be honest in return! Except about the jealous part, I am not! “Okay, you are right… but enough about me! Let's get some breakfast!” I say, ushering them towards my favorite place in school. You can't worry on a half-empty stomach.

~~~~~

And then lunch happened! And I ran through the halls! And I made it to the cafeteria! Wow, thinking about things as you do them makes them really pass by fast!

“Heya, Pinkie Pie,” Dashie greets me when I reach the table, looking super cool while sitting down because she is Rainbow Dash.

“Dashie!” I reply back, hugging her tightly. “So, where is Lemon? He said he'd be here.”

“Ugh, he isn't here yet, I'm sure he'll arrive soon enough,” she says, looking distraught. She must be sad he isn't here yet, too. “Wait, didn't the bell ring literally two minutes ago?”

“There is no time for time! He should be coming right about now!” I tell her, eagerly staring at the entrance. Oooh, I wonder what he'll say when he gets here? My bet is on 'hi'.

...

Yep! He'll get here soon!

Aaaaany minute now!

“Why isn't he here yet?”

“Pinkie Pie, you've been staring at the door for three seconds,” Dash intervenes.

Bummer… “Well, I guess I'll have to give it… time,” you win this round, mister!

And just like that, I wait. I mean, I'm not totally against waiting, but waiting is hard! You have to stay totally still and just let it happen, and you can't make it happen yourself! It's almost as if it was meant to be. As if my life is led on by someone I can't see and is just making me sit still!

“You do know you can talk, right, Pinkie?” Rainbow laughs. “You don't have to just wait.”

“You are right! That would be silly anyway!” I reply, jumping on my feet. “Besides, if you can't talk, how can you eat pizza?”

“Um, Pinkie, I thi-”

“To the pizza!” I'm sure he'll be here later.

~~~~~

'I'm really sorry I wasn't at lunch! I was busy. But I'll totally meet you at the bus stop, though!'

Yep, yep! That's what the text says… well, I guess everyone has reasons to not show up to places, right?

I mean, I was a bit angry when he didn't show up, but it's not like I would think he was doing something else, or anything, he has his own things to do! And now that we are going home, I can see him and finally tell him about—

*Nyah nyah nyah*

“Text! I bet it's from Lemon!” I yell out, taking out my phone. And I read it!

'I'm so sorry, something came up so I can't be there!'

I wish I hadn't won that bet.

I stare at my phone, and I don't know what to think… did Lemon just lie about being here? Why didn't he just tell me he'd be gone before? Why lie? And why do I have the sudden urge to eat a bunch ton of ice cream?

“Hello, Pinkie Pie…” a very soft voice calls to me, so I can't be thinking too much anymore, because that voice is clearly Fluttershy calling me!

“Fluttersh—” I turn around and gasp in surprise. “Rainbow Dash!” a surprise friend! The day is already better!

“Heya, Pinkie, what you doing just standing here?” Dashie asks.

“I was going to go me—” no, wait! I can't tell her I was going to do something with Lemon! “I was going to walk home with Lemon like the friends we are!” that should do it!

“Ugh, you mean that huge di—

“Didn't he already leave? He seemed in a rush,” Fluttershy finished for Dashie, she is so helpful.

“Yep! He send me a text saying he had to go, so it's okay,” it totally is, it's not like I'm hurt by it. Everyone has things they have to do without giving the other person a heads up, right? I'm not jealous!

Dashie then runs up super quick and is right next to me with a big scowl! “So, you are telling me that the idiot just ditched you? AGAIN!?” she asks me looking super grumpy.

“He didn't ditch me, he just had things to do so he choose not to show up and only decided to tell me last minute, that's all!” I explain.

But for some reason she still looks pretty mean-e. “That's what ditching means, Pinkie Pie! How can you ta— *Nyah nyah nyah* Huh? What the heck was that?”

“My phone senses are tingling!” I quickly take my phone and open it. “And they are Lemon flavored!”

“Him? Probably making more dumb excuses… as usual.”

And suddenly Fluttershy! Who comes up to us and actually drags Rainbow away. What a twist! “Rainbow, that's no way to talk about someone else's friends! Let Pinkie check her phone without your rude commentary. Besides, Lemon is a really sweet guy.”

I hear Dashie scoff, but I can't focus on that right now, there is a twenty-five second old message I need to read!

'At mall, if you have ride we can meet there at sox'

Sox? Oh, does that mean he wants to have a sock puppet party? Maybe he wants me to take extra socks? Sounds fun!

*Nyah nyah nyah*

Oh, another text!

'*Six'

Oh, that sounds less fun, but I'm sure it'll be fun too… But how do I get there now?

~~~~~

And so, at the speed of a transition, Dashie and I are on the road! Heading straight for the mall in which Lemon resides. At Dashie's request, we are traveling there earlier to surprise him. It's a good idea that I can say is good because it's actually working!

Dashie looks at me weird, and says. “Um, Pinkie, why are you narrating?”

“Oh, you heard that? I must have forgotten that I wasn't using quotation marks!” silly me, that's not how mental monologues work.

“Right… anyway, we are here now, so let's look for the idiot.”

Dashie then parks the car, and we are on the way to look for Lemon. It's exciting! I haven't been in this place since we were banned from the theater. I wonder if they got over that?

“Hey, Pinkie?” Dash calls me. “Did Lemon say why he wanted you to come here at six?,” she asks.

“Nope! But I bet he is buying me a present! Oooh, I bet it's ice cream!”

Hmm… I don't think I agree with that look of doubt on Dashie's face. “Pinkie, even if he was, I'm sure only ice cream wouldn't be a good present.”

“It would if it was a LOT of ice cream,” and Pinkie Pie thinks that is a good guess!

“I suppose… Anyway, where did he say he would meet you, again?”

“Donuts!”

“Huh?”

“He said he'd be over the donut shop! And you know what they have at the donut place?”

“Um… Donuts?”

“Ice cream! I bet he'll be waiting with a huge scoop in hand! I just knew there was a reason he was acting strange,” I'm excited, so I shout it out with just as much excitement!

Dashie gives me a serious look. “Yeah, I hope that's the case,” she looks worried, but I bet she is just exaggerating, I know Lemon, and he won't mind that I'm here early at all.

It's not long till we make it to the place with the donuts, and ooh, I can smell it already! And it's not only because we are actually there, but, like a figurative smell… that smells like reality!

“Um, Pinkie?”

Wonder what flavor he got me?

“Pinkie.”

I bet it was chocolate!

“Pinkie!”

Ah! “Whoops, sorry Dashie! What's wrong?”

She grabs my head and turns it towards the shop. “That!”

“Huh?” I'm looking at the glass that separates us and the rich goodness of food. But wait! There is Lemon, sitting at a table with… “Dashie?”

“Yes, Pinkie, that's Sunset Shimmer sitting down with Lemon,” she replies calmly.

“Oh…” I observe her carefully, noticing that hair of hers. I feel hungry as the reminder of bacon comes to mind. Though, I don't think I can really eat anything right now...

“Let's go, Pinkie,” Rainbow says, grabbing my hand and pulling me away with her. “It's clear what's going on here.”

“It is…?” I whisper. But, is it clear what's going on? Is Lemon taking part of a super secret meeting that I wasn't supposed to know about? Is this why he's been acting so dodgy today? Are they actually together? Was I wrongly accusing his phone for lying?

Rainbow stops pulling me to say. “Of course it is! Why else would he be there with HER of all people? Don't tell me you actually think he has a good reason?”

“Well, he did kinda lie to me...”

“There you go!”

“But I don't think it's fair that we say things about him without a reason! What if he had one?” yep, yep! That's it! He must have a reason to be in there with the most meanest of girls ever.

“Pinkie Pie,” Rainbow sighs, rolling her eyes. “He is-”

“Nope! I'm going back!” so I run away from Dashie, getting back to the store and going inside without even bothering to look at the menu. There is no time for eating!

“Pinkie Pie!?” Lemon calls my name. It appears that senpai noticed my entrance! “Y-y-you sure came early, ahaha…”

“I sure did!” he is trying to move the conversation away! Nice try, but I'm a very focused gi- “Hi, Sunset Shimmer!”

“H-hi,” she replies. That's weird, Sunset's greetings are usually ruder. And more long winded.

“Lemon? What's going on, huuuuh?”

He looks over to Sunset and sighs, before getting off his chair and grabbing my hand. “Pinkie Pie, you and I need to talk.”

~~~~~

“So, what you are saying is that Sunset Shimmer might have lost her memory during that fire last month, and after you found out about it you decided to become friends with her and help her get back on her feet?”

Lemon sighs for some reason, then says. “Pinkie, do you just enjoy repeating the important things I tell you?”

Who even does that? “Of course not, silly! I'm just happy, is all.”

“Happy? About what?” he asks looking confuzzled. “Wait, were you actually jealous?”

Oh! “Um, well...”

“Pinkie?”

“Well, maybe a little. I just felt left out of whatever you were doing, is all,” I tell him. And that's the honest truth.

“I guess that's on me,” he says, scratching his head. “I was just trying to now worry you, but the truth is that I've been hanging out with Sunset for the past week.”

“Oh, really? I bet it was fun!” I say, softly patting his back.

“Ouch! Geez, I'm sorry about that, you don't have to hit me, you know?” he says, and I have no idea what he is talking about. "Besides, I DID say we would hang out at six, didn't I?"

"Whoopsie, I forgot about that!" wait, is he going to tell me about it? "Does it mean you have something for me?"

"Yeah, actually," he smiles, reaching into his pocket and taking out something which he then hides in his fist.

"Oh, what is it? What is it?" I can't wait, I have to see!

"Here," he says, placing his hand on top of mine and dropping something. "Happy first month anniversary, Pinkie."

He actually remembered!

I open my hand and see a pendant, it's pink (yay) and shaped like a music note. "Is this really for me?"

He nods. "Yup, how about you try it on?"

"Like, of course!" I put it on quickly and let it hang from my neck, watching it shine in the lights of the place. "Wowie, thank you Lemon, I love it!" I tell him, hugging him the best hug I've given all day.

No hard feelings, Dashie!

But wait, there is more! "So, did she really lose her memory, then?"

He nods! Oh no! “I didn't believe it at first, which is why you see me here, but she really seems unable to remember anything at all.”

“Really?” wow, not remembering who you are must be so sad.

“Yeah, I come here to chat with her since she doesn't have anyone, heck, she hasn't been able to do much without friends, so I've been keeping her company," he explains. "And I haven't learned that much from her, really, and at the very least, it seems like she is retained most of her school knowledge, but...” Lemon pauses.

Oh, a Lemon pause! That must mean something huge! “Yess?”

“Well, you see, she is going to go back to school, and I kinda, sorta agreed to be her guardian when she does return..." he finishes, whispering so long that I nearly confused him with Fluttershy.

“Really? You'd actually do that for a girl who hated you?”

“Yeah…”

“Someone who thought you were beneath her?”

“Um, yes?”

“A girl who blackmailed you?”

“Okay, I get the picture! I'm dumb, but I wanna do it!”

I can't help but just smile, he is so cute when he thinks he is dumb for trying to take care of a girl who used to be his enemy. That's a classic! “Are you kidding? That's a super nice thing to do!” I tell him, leaning forward and sneaking a surprise kiss. Got him!

“What the hell!?”

We jump at the sound of the voice! Oh no! I think I know who that is…

“Pinkie!” Dashie calls my name. “What the heck is going on here? Why did you… and him…” she looks at us separately, keeping her eyes on Lemon's for a little bit before she storms out, she even ignored Sunset Shimmer.

“Pinkie Pie?” Lemon calls.

“Yeah?”

“Dash gave you a ride, didn't she?”

“Yup!”

“Oh my god.”

Suddenly, we hear laughter. “That looked like a nice friend, um, Lemon,” Sunset suddenly says.

She smiled! “Tee-hee, she sure is,” hey, what do you know? She seems like a nice girl!

...

I wonder if she likes ice cream...

Author's Note:

It's done! I hope you enjoyed this prologue for this final part of the story. I decided to change the view to Pinkie Pie for this one to sort of give it an outside perspective. Hope I did Pinkie some justice here!

And hoooly crap, this chapter was hard. And I don't mean hard in terms of what I usually write, but hard in terms of ANYTHING I've ever written. Period. Getting into Pinkie's head was just something that was very difficult, but I somehow managed it, even if not as successfully as I would expect.

In any case, till next time!