• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 5,414 Views, 201 Comments

I just wanted to go to Equestria! - Ditz



I've always wanted to go to Equestria, so I'm instead send to the world of Equestria Girls. Go figure.

  • ...
30
 201
 5,414

RE:Telling 2 - Lingering Thoughts

2 Weeks Earlier...




"... So, tell Trixie, what’s the answer, Lemon?”

“…”

“Lemon?”

“… Hmm…”

“Will you pay attention!?”

"To what!?"

"I asked you a question!"

“Geez, I don’t know? Seven?”

Trixie smacks her forehead, rubbing her temples in the universal telltale sign of annoyance. “Lemon, we are doing history, not pre-cal.”

I groan. “Sorry, guess I’m a bit distracted.“

Trixie gives me an angry scowl. “Trixie is helping you, do not waste that chance!“

I mimic her as I don my own mask of frustration “Look, this is nice and all, but I just can’t concentrate, okay?” I retort with very gritted teeth.

She shrugs. “Well, you have the beautiful Trixie with you, so she supposes that she can let it slide,” she says proudly as she bounces off her bed.

“Trixie? Dear?” I begin calmly. “Not to diminish your statement, cause trust me, you are pretty,” I say, making her blush slightly as a result. “But if I’m distracted, it’s because your grandma is still pointing a gun at me!” I growl, pointing at her grandma who sits right outside Trixie’s room.

“Don’t mind me sonny, just don’t do weird butt stuff with my granddaughter and we’ll be fine.”

I give her vacant stare in return, attempting to process what she just said. “Butt stu- Trixie!” I shout at her.

“Don’t be such a baby, Gran Gran would never shoot you,” she says with disinterest. “Besides, she wouldn’t want to get blood on the covers.”

“Trixie!” her grandma says loudly. “He doesn’t have to know that!”

“Aah…” I mumble, giving Trixie my best puppy eyed stare.

Sigh Lay off him, Gran Gran,” Trixie groans, doing an exaggerated eye roll “Besides, we’ll be taking a break. Wanna go to the store, Lemon? Trixie requires a snack,” she suggests.

“Yes!” I agree instantly, grabbing my jacket off her bed and running past Gran Gran in a flash, stopping by the door. “What are we waiting for!? Let’s go!”

~~~~~

“Why do we have to do this again?” I complain as soon as we leave the trailer park behind. I feel I’m far enough to talk without any fear of being shot... Possibly.

“Because your grades tell Trixie you need it,” she replies clearly, fully unfazed by the cold. How this girl can go out in the cold without a coat when she ACTUALLY needs it is beyond me. Maybe her blue skin? Or maybe I'm stereotyping? Not that it matters since everyone is every color of the rainbow here.

Guess racism isn't an issue here.

“What I meant to say is why we have to do this at your place?”

“What’s wrong with Trixie’s home?” she asks, clearly displeased by what I may be implying..

“Butt stuff,” enough said.

“Lemon, Trixie is not doing this in your home,” Trixie says angrily. “Your parents are nice, but…”

“What is wrong with them?” I ask, feeling insulted for them. I got your back, mom and dad!

Trixie gives me a cold glare, and then clears her throat. “Lemon, she is adorable! Oh, she is a riot! Trixie, please tell me that you made Lemon use a cond-”

“Point taken!” I interrupt quickly. “Sorry, I guess I got used to it since my parents are just so weird all the time…”

She places her head on my shoulder for a second, giving me a pout. “It’s okay, they really are nice,” she responds cutely.

“They sure took a quick liking of you,” I point out. “Must have been since I told them so much about you and Pinki-" I stop abruptly, feeling the brash weather suddenly hit me like a brick.

Trixie seems to notice as her eyes widen for a second. “It’s alright, Trixie doesn’t mind. If anything, you should be the one sad about it… I mean, forget I said anything,” she says dismissively. “Sorry, I’m not helping with that comment.”

I smile sadly at her, putting an arm around her, both for comfort, and to escape the sudden cold. “No, it’s okay, really…”

“Do you think this was a mistake?” she asks suddenly, keeping her face down as she does so..

“Huh?” I try to look at her face, but she turns farther to avoid my gaze before quickly pushing me off. “Trix? You okay? This is very unlike you,” which is a lie, as I've seen her looking this sad before - the day we met comes to mind.

“I’ve been thinking…” she begins, stopping before we manage to cross the street.

I think I need to stop this. “Let’s just go to the store, maybe buy your Gran Gran a huge coffee cup! If i'm lucky, she'll hold it with her trigger hand!"

“Patrick,” okay, she is serious. “I’m not joking about this, and besides, her gun doesn't have any shells.”

“Oh, okay,” I say a bit taken aback. “Okay, maybe we should just focus on what's worrying you, okay?" I suggest.

“It’s just… That maybe this, as in ‘us’ is a mistake,” she says in a hurt voice.

“Trixie…”

“Shut it, Lime,” she orders, bringing my incoming speech to a grinding halt. “Look, I baited you into this relationship when you had just upset Pinkie, which made you upset as well. I took advantage of that… It wasn’t fair of me to do. I’m sorry,” she finishes in a whisper, turning a full one eighty away from me.

"I see," I imagined this talk would come… But I expected to have done this myself, and not quite as soon. Guess I didn’t read her as well as I thought. “Look, Trixie? You are right, it did happen that way, and I kind of wish that it would have gone some other way, but it's done, and I accept that."

"You truly don't mean that," she says softly, negating my words.

"You really shouldn't assume things, Trixie," I say, feeling undermined.

"Shut up, this is different!" except for the part when it's not.

"What can I do to make you believe... Wait," I reach into my pocket, finding a certain something. “Here, I want you to have this.”

She stares curious, watching the pendant in my hand with bright eyes. “… What is this?”

I place the pink note shaped pendant softly in her hand. “I was supposed to have given it to you when we got together. I know, it’s been like two weeks now, but I just gotta let you kn-” I suddenly stop talking as Trixie gets a well placed kiss on my lips. “Oh…”

“Shut up,” she says, her face twisted in one of the biggest smiles I’ve ever seen on her. “Trixie theorizes that this is that thing you were going to be honest about back at the mall, is it not?"

"Yeah, but how did you know?" I ask impressed.

"Based on the conversation we had, and the fact that you reached into the same back pocket as then, it wasn't too difficult," she says looking happy about her deduction. "But really, thank you,Trixie appreciates it."

“You should thank Lyra, she was the one who gave it to me,” I say. Gotta thank Lyra for the assist.

“Well, you gave it to Trixie, so she supposes the thanks go to you,” she says, gving me a sultry wink. “She will have to get a chain for this, sad that you didn’t get one yourself."

“Hmph,” Everyone is a critic.

“But, what about you?” she asks concerned. "Will you be okay?"

“We can only wait and see," i say sadly. Hiding it isn't easy.

"Maybe Trixie can talk to Pinkie," she suggests.

"Wait, really?" I say with more excitement that I should be showing. "Are you sure?"

"If it'll get you to stop being mopey? Of course!" Trixie with the moment ruiner.

"Then yes, thank you," I say truthfully, giving her a big hug. "But how about we focus on other things for now? Like, you know? Going to the store?"

“Sure,” she shrugs, lifting the pendant to eye view and giving it a throughout look. “Wait... Is this that thing that Lyra said you owed her money for?”

Um... “Ah-ah-ah! Come on, we could be doing more important things right now than talking about this!” I say, totally not in an attempt to change the topic.

She grins evilly, raising her brows. “Like…?”

"Like..." I say, copying her grin.

“Butt stuff,” we both say before bursting into laughter.

What do you know? Maybe this can work out after all.

Author's Note:

A small chapter to hold off the big one which should come out tomorrow.

Or the day after.

Or the day after.

That last one should be true.

I suck at scheduling my writing okay