• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 5,414 Views, 201 Comments

I just wanted to go to Equestria! - Ditz



I've always wanted to go to Equestria, so I'm instead send to the world of Equestria Girls. Go figure.

  • ...
30
 201
 5,414

Hanging Out

*Beep*

“Hmm… Hit me.”

“Alright, you asked for it.”

“Fuck!” I curse out loud, tossing the ‘twenty-six’ of cards in my hand. “Fuck this game!”

“You are such a sore loser, Lemon,” Flash laughs, picking up my cards and putting them away in his pocket. “I’m still not sure why you told me to bring the cards for anyway.”

“Flash, it was a figure of speech, you know? Basically a way so we wouldn’t get bored?” I explain instantly.

“We are in a room full of computers with access to high-speed internet,” he laughs more.

“Shut up!” *Beep* “Have I mentioned how much I hate that digital clock?” I say, pointing at the accursed thing on the wall behind me. “Because I really hate that digital clock.”

“Only practically every minute we’ve been here,” he sighs. “That being said, we could’ve held this in a place OTHER than the public library, you know?”

“Hey! It‘s just a minor thing!” I retort with a huff. Of course, I was regretting it due to that clock alone, but I couldn’t really say that to him. “Besides, this place is perfect.”

And ‘this place’ had been graciously offered by Miss Mare, turns out that she picks favorites when people refer to her as Mayor. In any case, this place does the job, especially with Sunset Shifter keeping tabs on the girls and I for some reason.

“Speaking of, where ARE the girls,” Flash asks once I relay the thought to him. “I thought you said they would be here after classes today.”

“Yeah, well, Trixie had to stay to finish some project in school, and Pinkie wanted to pick some stuff from home before coming here, a- Wait, why are you asking me for? I don’t keep tabs on them!”

“Well, I would imagine you would keep tabs on your waifus,” he says mockingly.

“They are not m- did you just say waifus?” I ask perturbed by the words coming out of his mouth hole.

“Er… Yeah, I have a friend who is into some weird stuff, it was an inside j-… Forget I said anything.”

“Forget you said what anything?”

“Good man.”

*Knock, knock, Beep*

“Can I please murder that clock?” I ask annoyed.

“Do you have money to pay for it?” well, now that he mentions it… “Didn’t think so. Now calm down and let me answer the door,” he heads to open the door, revealing behind it none other than Blue Magic Woman.

“Nice, you practiced the apparition trick,” I say with a laugh.

“This had better be important, Lime!” the specimen known as Trixie huffs right away, ignoring my obvious taunting, showing its most common behavior before continuing. “Trixie had to f-f-f-… You!” the Trixie shouts in a rather unfitting fashion, pointing at Flash -a member of the Pompous Asshole family, more on him later- who stares calmly, still holding the door handle.

“Afternoon, Trixie,” Flash greets her still smiling.

“Wait, you two know each other!?” I ask him. “You could have informed me that this was a thing!”

“You never asked,” he shrugs. Should have seen that one coming.

Trixie shakes her head with a look of disgust. “If he is here… Wait, he knows!?“ oh oh… “Lime! What is the meaning of this! What happened to secrecy!?” um, the observer is in danger! Cut! Cut the rolling! “Aah!” I yelp as she gets close to me, grabbing the collar of my shirt. I knew I shouldn’t have worn a polo today!

“He is here to help!” I quickly try to explain, the anger in her eyes is REAAAAALLY rubbing me the wrong way… Heh heh, rubbing… I couldn’t help it. *Beep* “You stay out of this, clock!”

“And why would he help? What is he getting out of this?” Trixie asks, just as I feel myself being picked up. Why are all girls stronger than me!?

“I’m doing this out of the goodness of my heart, is that not enough for you?” Flash answers with a very obvious mocking smile. You are not helping, Sentry!

Trixie snaps her head towards Flash and glares. “You are lying you f-”

“Hey, not fair! The celebration started without me!?” I hear a cry of foul behind Trixie. Doesn’t take a genius to know that it’s Pinkie, who soon after appears within my line of sight. “Don’t worry guys! I’m ready for this! I brought Gummy!” she exclaims with a ‘stern’ stare, flipping her backpack upside-down… And slowly -much like a roll of dough coming out of a tube- the familiar shape of the iguana Gummy pops out, landing on the floor without much of a reaction, remaining unmoving as if it were horrifying toy.

The room remains silent, whatever tension that had been in the air becoming plain old awkwardness… So basically just Pinkie being involved is all.

“Pinkie, we are in a library,” I explain, giving her a flat stare. “Don’t tell me this is why you went home.”

“Uh huh!“ brilliant. “And it’s okay,” she whispers. “Gummy can do silent partying too.”

“So… I’m going to close the door now,” Flash says slowly, doing so just as slow, carefully spinning the handle in place to avoid making unnecessary noise. “Now, how about we all calm down, there really is a reason I’m here, Trixie and I just want to help.”

Trixie narrows her eyes, giving Flash a venomous look. “Is this true, Lemon?” she turns to ask me.

“Yes, it’s true… There are a number of things that happened, and I want to explain,” I say with vagueness, just to get her curiosity going. “But maybe you want to talk about this anger first?”

She rolls her eyes. “What are you? Trixie’s psychologist? It’s not necessary. Trixie understands and will deal,” she stands down, sitting down in a chair next to me, unnecessarily close to me, I might add. “However, Trixie will be watching him.”

“Fair enough,” Flash shrugs not taking notice, sitting on a chair opposite of her.

Pinkie looks at us with a frown, with Gummy now in her hands. “Wow, this party needs you more than ever, Gummy.”

And so, Flash and I begin the annoying task of relaying information, giving the pair the details of our discovery which takes around twenty minutes. I really wish there was a way to let them know what we have to say without actually telling them, skipping the annoyance of saying what I already know, kinda like what books do with transitions… Yeah, that would be nice.

“And that pretty much answers your questions… Right?” I ask hopeful. Turns out that questions increased the time by fifteen minutes. Go figure.

“Yep!” Pinkie says ever so cheerily, spinning on one of the chairs. “Wheeee~”

“Trixie?” I ask tuning to the blue girl, who is currently checking her laptop. “Did you get it all?”

“Yes, she did…” Trixie replies slowly, looking at me thoughtfully . “Just to be sure, thought, if I heard correctly, you say that this Discord character is actually this philanthropist person who each year donates money to places including, but not limited, to the animal shelter which Fluttershy volunteers at?”

“You said you were done with the questions, you liar!”

“And you said you found out that said philanthropist is actually an old teacher in Canterlot High, who by the way looks NOTHING like this man," she says, pointing at the picture I took. "And you are basing this on the fact that both their eyes ‘glow’ in the dark. Correct?”

“Well, when you say it like that it sounds really stupid…”

:”That’s because it is,” Trixie deadpans, turning her laptop around and showing me a picture with Fluttershy and to-be Discord -who looks like any adult, only blue and with a moustache- arm in arm with huge smiles on their faces… Guess even worlds apart they are still friends. “Now tell me, Lemon; is that really the face of a man who is focused on chaos?”

“Maybe he is like Chryssa!” Pinkie rolls in on her chair with Gummy on her head. “She was really a meanie!”

“Chryssa?” Flash asks. “Isn’t that the old superintendent?” I had forgotten to tell him about that ‘little’ incident.

“She is irrelevant right now!” I halt the thought, noticing Trixie about to bring the topic up again. “The point is that he is all I- I mean, he is all WE have, and we should meet with him… If we find out how that is.”

Trixie continues her skeptical stare, but sighs. “… From what I read, they are actually rather close,” she explains. “Maybe Fluttershy can grant us an audience with Harmonious Heart.”

"Hopefully, a-" wait. “Harmonious Heart? Seriously?” I ask annoyed. He just made this too easy.

“Yes,” Trixie replies. “And I know what you are thinking, but it could be just a coincidence,” she counters in her serious voice.

"I... You... Ugh!" That‘s like a person called ‘bad guy‘ disguising themselves as ‘good guy‘ but I am not in the mood. “Whatever! We’ll find out soon enough! In fact, I’ll just text Fluttershy an-”

“A problem,” she begins, raising her palm in a stopping manner.

Sigh… Isn’t there always?”

“He is currently out of the country, we will have to wait for him to return to even get to talk to him,” she explains.

“Well… So we stand down for now?” Flash asks.

“It appears so,” I concur with a sigh. “Fluttershy is busy anyway, something about talking with the Principal to organize some event, anyway, we are done,” the group nods in agreement. “Just remember to each keep tabs on ‘Heart’s’ location, should be easy with the power of journalists,” bless your soul, you intruding pieces of trash.

“Does that mean it’s party time!” Pinkie asks, holding Gummy in front of her.

“As much as Trixie is looking forward to the amount of insanity that will unfurl, I have to ask,” Trixie halts the pleasant mood. “Why couldn’t we do this during lunch today? You were really dodgy on the fact, and Trixie does not see the point of coming to a secret library meeting all the way downtown.”

Huh… I knew I was forgetting something.

“Actually, there is a reason for that too, believe it or not,” I say with a sour tone. It’s not really something I like, which I make apparent as I explain it to the pair.

“That dirty Shimmer!” Trixie growls, kicking a nearby chair. “Trixie knew she was terrible, but stalking us? That’s low, even for her!”

“We can't say for sure,” Flash says calmly. “In any case, we have to be careful of what we say and do, at least until we find out where she lives… And we talk to her.”

“Trixie fails to see what that could do,” Trixie says skeptically.

“Let’s just say that I get the feeling that she might be more dangerous than the overly bitchy high school girl she appears to be,” Flash says matter-of-factly.

“… Whatever, just don’t involve Trixie in your dumb plans, Flash,” she huffs with crossed arms.

I look at the pair and I have to wonder -what’s their story? “That aside, this will be our new meeting spot from now on, and nothing about this is to be spoken via call or text, are we clear?” I ask, turning to each one of them.

“You got it, buddy.”

“Fine. But you will pay for Trixie’s gas money, Lime.”

“…”

Wait a minute... “I am not paying for your gas!”

“Trixie has spoken!“ Trixie shouts with finality. I hope mom will increase my allowance.

Wait another minute… “Pinkie?“ I call to her.

“…”

I thought so. She is suddenly looking down on the floor, hugging Gummy much like a teddy bear, and if I didn’t know better, I might have assumed he was one.

“Earth to Pinkie? Are you alright?” I call, softly shaking her shoulder to get her attention.

“H-huh? Sorry! I spaced out a bit!” she apologizes, looking up with her trademarked smile returning as if nothing had happened.

“You sure? You seemed a bit quiet,” I ask concerned.

“W-well…” she begins hesitantly as she pats Gummy‘s head.

“Come on, Pinkie, it‘s okay, we are all friends here,” I assure her, rubbing her shoulder in a comforting manner.

“Okay. Actually… It’s just that you guys shouldn’t mess with Sunset Shimmer! She is sneaky, and she is like, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, rea-”

“Pinkie!” we all shout.

“Sorry, I’ll give you the short version,” she pouts. “She is really times sixty-four mean!” we all stare silently with raised brows. Coming up next after our show; water is wet and later, the sky is blue.

Trixie scoffs loudly, shaking her head. “Trixie could have told you that in one word; Sunset Shimmer is a total fuc-”

“We will deal with her, don‘t you worry Pinkie,” I interrupt, giving Pinkie a comforting pat on the head, which earns me a smile, and her awkwardly placing her hand over mine, and… I. “H-how about we just wrap up and go? We are all under stress and we should just head home to relas,” I finish hastily, turning to Trixie who is currently putting away her laptop. Dodged a bullet there.

“Okay, dokey, lokey!”

“Trixie does have homework…”

“Seriously?”

“Now what?” I ask, turning to meet Flash who has a very disapproving look. “What do you mean ‘seriously‘?”

“What I mean is that we drive half an hour downtown, and all we do is have a meeting in a library? Do you just meet up to talk about this? Is this what you guys usually do?” he asks incredulously.

“W-well, not really, I mean, we sometimes go cheer Trixie on her magic training when she has some,” that counts as doing something, right?

“You mean 'criticize' Trixie’s training!” Trixie annoyingly butts in.

“Here we go again! Trixie, it was one time!”

“It was really nasty criticism!”

“You almost hit me with a knife!”

“You were interrupting Trixie!”

“Oh my god.”

“Besides, you dodged.”

“OH MY GOD.”

“Enough!” Flash cuts the conversation short. “Pinkie, is this really what you guys usually do?”

“Nah!” Pinkie answers. “Sometimes we just have ice cream before the argument!”

“Hmm…” Flash hums thoughtfully as he stares at us. “This might seem random, but what do you guys say to going to the mall? You know, to have some fun.”

“We like that idea!” Pinkie cheers, holding Gummy over herself.

“He’ll have to hide, thought, or bad things will happen,” he warns, receiving an aww in response.

“What? Why? What are you plotting, Sentry?“ Trixie asks suspiciously.

“Nothing! Just have a couple of friends, have some fun, you know? Things teenagers will do without a second thought?“ Flash explains with disbelief. “You would think this would be a natural fit for you.“

“Pleeeease!” Pinkie asks, clasping her hands together.

“How about it Lemon? Trixie?” Flash asks, holding out his hands to both of us to hold.

“W-well… Trixie doesn’t oppose to the idea… As long as any of these two agree,” Trixie points to us both, but looking at me with a flustered stare.

“I suppose that couldn’t hurt… I did tell mom I’d be out for a while…”

“Cool,” Flash answers lazily.

“Yay! We are gonna have so much fun!” Pinkie cheers loudly, launching the no longer bagged Gummy into the air, stopping suddenly as Flash gave her a disapproving stare. “Ha, ha… Sorry.”

“Know what? You guys are getting me excited too. Let‘s go!” I say with a smile on my face. Who knows? This might turn out to be a fun d-*Beep* “I’M GONNA KILL THAT FUCKING CLO-

~~~~~

After profusely apologizing to Miss Mare for five minutes -again, that transition could have been useful- we get into Flash’s car to drive over to the mall across the street -Trixie didn‘t want to waste gas, blah, blah-. Wonder what we are gonna do?

“I have nooo idea!” Flash answers with a smile.

“This was your idea, Flesh boy,” Trixie growls.

“Oh, you are doing that too,“ Flash comments annoyed. “And yes it was, but I’m letting you guys choose to do something, I don‘t know you well enough to choose what you might enjoy, do I?” he explains with a raised brow.

“Well… I suppose not,” I answer. “Hmm… How about a movie? Outside the fact that it isn’t freezing cold in there, I think the last time I came here with my parents was when I was like nineteen.”

“Your parents, huh?” Flash asks randomly, giving me an inquisitive look. “Wait, did you say nineteen?”

“Thirteen.”

“That makes much more sense!” Pinkie says. I agree Pinkie.

That decided, we park in the theater nearby, heading to the ticket booth, and by popular vote, choosing the stupidest named movie of the bunch; ‘Weird Happenings’. Some found footage movie.

After getting some popcorn, and some soda -Flash got diet cause he is on a diiieeett- we head into the room playing the movie, ready to sit down for the next forty-five minutes of trailers.

“Oh shut up,” Flash groans as I mock him for the seventh time, as he lets Trixie pass to a seat before he himself heads in.

“Psh! Dude!” I whisper to him. “Remember? Trixie hates you… We don’t want to get on her nerves, you know?”

“Oh… Good call, Lemon, go ahead,” he whispers back, letting me go through. In the end, I end up sitting down between Flash and Trixie, I wish I could’ve been between Pinkie too, but sometimes sexual jokes don’t get to exist to my convenience.

“I heard it’s a horror movie… Don’t be scared, Trixie, I‘m here for you,” Flash says playfully, looking over me to Trixie, who doesn’t even dignify him with a response.

“In a world…” welp, movie is off to a good start, time to watch, I guess.

Well, our time watching it has been… Interesting to say the least. With us here, it was just a matter of time.

I mean, Trixie is currently criticizing pretty much everything that’s happening in the movie, eating mouthfuls of popcorn while doing so, I might add.

“Trixie does not understand… Why is this person holding a video camera everywhere they go?”

Pinkie on the other hand, is practically ignoring the mood of the movie, pointing things completely irrelevant to the movie, all while drinking her third cup of soda, which by the way is Flash‘s -mine was the second casualty.

“Woah, I like that hoodie! I want one of those!”

Flash, well… “O-oh no… What’s happening now! I can’t watch!” let's just say I’m surprised his body hasn’t already vacated either the popcorn or the soda by now.

And me? Well, a yawn just escaped me, just as I am holding my head with my arm in an attempt to keep my eyes, and by extension, my attention, otherwise I would have passed out by now.

“Ugh… Huh?“ my complaining is suddenly replaced by curiosity as a blue colored girl appears onscreen, giving the camera a sultry look. Wait… This looks familiar.

“Come on… I’ll show you my room.”

“Hello, obvious death scene!” that’s it, I’m checking out. “I’m going to the restroom,” I say resigned, moving past Pinkie and Wussy Sentry to the hall outside, and to the restrooms all the way down the hall. Stupid inconvenient bathrooms.

“Aaah,” I sigh in contentment, letting the relief out. I have to say, sitting in this toilet is my favorite part of the movie by far… Dammit. Maybe we should have chosen that one movie about the time traveling phone booth.

*Slam* The next stall door slams shut, bringing me back from my internal monologue.

“Hey, watch it buddy! You are gonna break that door off its hinges!” geez. These people!

“Sorry!" a familiar voice replies to me. Huh, that guy sounded like a girl. “Hey! You sound like just like a guy!” wait a minute...

“Please don’t tell me it’s Pinkie Pie in the stall next to me…”

“Wait… How did you know my name? Are you psychic!?”

“Yup, it's you… Pinkie, it’s me, Lemon.”

“O-oh…” she acknowledges my comment. “Phew! Here I thought you were just a very manly girl!”

Oh my god. “Not the point, Pinkie!”

“That’s true!” she agrees, much to my surprise. “What are you doing in the women’s restroom! That’s very naughty of you!” aaaand there it is.

“Pinkie, you are in the men’s restroom,” I explain annoyed.

She remains silent for a few seconds, until finally. “Ooooooh... Whoopsie! I guess I really had to go bad!” gee, I wonder.

“Pinkie, j-just finish and get out,” I tell her, blushing immensely, getting out of the stall and waiting outside Pinkie’s. “I’ll wait here and give you the heads up in case someone comes, just hurry!”

“O-okay!” she tentatively agrees as I wait outside.

Now, I’m not going to archive this into my brain, but let it be known that this experience is one of the most embarrassing I‘ve gone through, and I’m just going to say that my imagination ran wild from the sounds that were made in there.

“I’m done!”

“Okay, just hurry!” I say as I hear her messing with her… Clothes, and soon after, the lock open-”

*Creak* the bathroom's front door suddenly creaks.

“Shit!” I cry out, instinctively pushing Pinkie who is currently on the progress of getting out… Not anymore! I slam the door shut, and quickly lock it without a second thought.

“Lemon?” Pinkie calls behind me.

“Shh!” I quiet her.

“Why do we have to go to the bathroom at the same time again?” a voice outside says sounding annoyed.

“Look, we are just emptying our bladders before the movie, now shut up and pee,” another replies.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever!” the first one retorts.

"Okay, just remain quiet," I whisper to Pinkie, who nods, as shown by her long hair moving forward over my face.

“Huh?” the voice says, suddenly walking towards our stall. “Weird.”

Shit! “Pinkie!” I whisper. “Get on the toilet!”

“What?”

“Do it! Get on it and crouch, put your arms around my neck if you need to!”

She does as she is told, getting on the toilet, I grab her hands and place them around my neck, allowing her to get some slightly less dirty hold.

“Dude, what are you doing?” one of them asks his friend.

“Huh? Nothing… I thought I saw two pairs of feet in that stall. Weird.”

“Hey, pal! Are you spying my stall? That’s illegal or something!” I suddenly say, causing the guy to stop and back off.

“S-sorry!” he quickly apologizes, heading to the urinals alongside his friend.

“Well… Phew,” I exclaim calmly, awaiting for the pair to finish while trying to keep myself calm. It’s kind of hard, what with Pinkie crouched behind me, pressing herself against me, I mean, I can feel the very soft front part of her body rubbing against me! Her heartbeat very clearly beating at an increased pace; knowing Pinkie, this is probably exciting to her.

After what feels like forever, they finish and head out, not before apologizing one last time for their very creepy observation of my stall, that being said, I’m just glad they are gone.

“Okay Pinkie, let’s go before someone else sees us,” I quickly advise, making out way out the of the stall.

“Phew!” she finally speaks, her face reddish and dripping wet of sweat “That was a close one!” *creak* we both hear the sound, and turn to look towards the person who just entered.

I smile and gulp. “Oh, hello person wearing a red vest! Aha...” crap.

~~~~~

Well, guess who is checking ‘Getting kicked out of a theater’ off their bucket list? Answer is THIS. FUCKING. GUY.

“That was fun,” Pinkie says. The weird part of it all is that she is being legitimately sarcastic.

“Nah, I think you enjoyed that, Pinkie,” I say with my own sarcasm thrown in for good measure.

“Lemon, that wasn‘t funny!!” she pouts, crossing her arms angrily. “It was embarrassing, and I could’ve gotten in trouble!”

I stare at Pinkie, blinking rapidly in my stupor. “Really? Didn’t know the cheery Pinkie Pie could get embarrassed,” I exclaim surprised. She responds by harrumphing while her cheeks light up even more; probably a combination of anger and embarrassment that shows I crossed the line. “Sorry, you didn‘t need that.”

She looks over to me, sighing. “It’s okay, it was my fault anyway,” she answers, scratching the back of her head. “Sorry about that.”

“Nah, it’s okay, I’ve had my fair share of bathroom incidents back home, I‘ll live.”

“Ooh, really? Anything like this?”

… “No,” she must never know. “A-anyway, we haven’t been here in a while, huh?”

“Oh yeah! Hey! Remember the time I sang here?” she asks, bringing to mind that trip we had last year. “It was only the two of us back then!”

“Yep. Funny how that changes, huh?” I answer, turning to look at the busy road in the distance; there are numerous shoppers walking by with bags of unnecessary commodities and such other things. Ah, rich people.

“Yeah, it sure is," she replies with a neutral look.

“Yep…” Okay, that turned slightly awkward there... “A-anyway, I haven’t been here since then,” I turn to say in a feeble attempt to revitalize the conversation.

“I have!" she yelps suddenly. "I come here all the time with the girls! But next time we come they’ll probably want to ask why I’m not allowed inside the theater anymore…” she says pursing her lips in a thoughtful manner. I’m relatively sure that those pictures they took of us are going to be used for something else, thought. “I’ll just tell them what happened, they’ll understand!” she recons.

“Yeah, but we better not tell Flash and Trixie…” I warn her.

“Hmm? Why?” she asks, looking intrigued.

Outside getting an overzealous Trixie and more ammo for Flash? “Well, let’s just say that they might get the wrong idea,” I whisper to her.

“Oooooh,” she mouths silently in understanding. “Wait, but I hate lying!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll come up with something to tell them… In the meantime, how about we message them to get their asses out here?”

And so, we message Flash and Trixie, hoping for them to come out to meet us, but as it turns out -something we discovered once they were done with the movie- they both turned off their phones. I mean, seriously? The one time they could’ve been irresponsible!

“Shut it, Lime,” Trixie negates my truth. “Trixie was far too busy picking apart that abomination of a movie! It is her job as a critic!” funny how she didn’t get kicked out for being obnoxiously loud.

“I thought you were a magician,” Flash says offhand.

“Trixie can multitask, Sentry!” she retorts angrily. “In fact, she can even play guitar if the opportunity ever arises!” she says proudly. And I played the violin in high school, big whoop. “But don’t avoid the main issue here! Why didn’t you two return?” she asks, promptly targeting us.

.“I… Didn’t like the movie, and Pinkie decided to come with,” I lie easily.

“That sounds like a lie,” dammit, she knows!

“Nah ah! You can’t prove it!” Pinkie says, much like a child would. I’ve taught her well.

“…” Trixie stares silently and waves her hand dismissively. “Whatever, Trixie doesn't really care,” she sighs. “Now, do you have anything planned this time, Flash? Or will you make us decide again?”

“Actually… I had two stops in mind; if we go this way,” he starts, pointing East. “We’ll be at the local games store, but if we go this way,” he points North. “We’ll be going to the candy store.”

“Candy! I’m really hungry!” Pinkie predictably replies.

“Pinkie, you work at a place that sells sweets,” Trixie points out.

“I know! But the Cakes won’t let me get close to the good stuff!” she explains looking disappointed.

“Well, Trixie wants to go to the game store. Right now,” Trixie says in a demanding tone.

“B-but!” Pinkie pouts, looking like she is about to cry. “Candy?”

“Now, now, no need to cry, Pinkie, how about we split up?” Flash suggests. “I’ll take Pinkie to the candy shop, and you take Trixie to the game store, how does that sound, Lemon?” Flash asks me, and as a matter of fact I don’t ag- “Great! We’ll meet back here in thirty. Later!” he rushes off with Pinkie in tow before I get the chance to reply. Dammit, Flash!

“Hmm,” I mumble turning to Trixie. “Guess we are checking video-” Trixie suddenly walks off without a warning. “-games… Okay then,” resigned to whatever she has planned, I run and catch up to her.

Maybe she’ll realize we are going the wrong way at some point.

We walk through the theater’s parking lot and into the mall area proper, she doesn’t say a word as we pass store after store, the silent is legitimately creeping me out at this point, but I’m honestly unnerved to interrupting in on the account of Trixie doing the magicks on me. By the magics I mean her magic. By her magic, I mean beating me up.

I’d rather wait.

Finally, after a day, -or maybe just ten minutes- of walking later, we arrive at the far opposite part of the mall, unlike the rest of the place, there is nary a car here, only one of those bike racks that people barely use anymore; which is coincidentally the place Trixie finally decides to stop in, resting on the edge of the rail without much of a complaint for the cold. I follow suit and do the same on the opposite end, where I turn to watch into the empty lot… My bum already regrets leaning on this.

… Screw this. “Trixie? What are we doing here?” I finally ask. What can I say? Patience is not my virtue.

“Lemon, tell me. How dumb do you think I am?” she turns to ask with a serious stare.

I turn to the side, maybe I‘ll find the hidden camera. “What are you talking about?” I ask confused.

“I saw it, Lemon.”

“S-saw what?” I ask rhetorically. I get the feeling that she is referring to what I think she is.

“You and Pinkie Pie being kicked out of the theater, that’s what!”” she nearly shouts. “Why would you lie about that? What happened? Pinkie Pie looked distraught. Are you two in trouble?” s**t.

“Er… Well… The truth is… Dammit,“ I give up. I end up giving her a summary of the events, knowing her, this will be enough to send her into a ra-

“I see. That’s an unfortunate thing to have happen to you.”

Huh. “Wait, what? That’s it?“

“What do you mean?“ she asks incredulously.

“Hold on a sec, aren’t you mad?” I ask surprised.

She suddenly glares, opening her mouth and baring me her teeth. “Why would Trixie be mad?”

Oh, oh…”I didn’t mean that like, um…” help?”

“What? Did you expect a stern talk? Or maybe a jealous tirade!?” she asks irritated, standing fully in front of me. “Maybe I’ll give you one, but for a complete different reason!”

“Okay, I’m sorry! What are you even mad for!? It was understandable, wasn’t it!?”

Trixie looks at me indignant, opening her mouth as if to say something, but unable to make a sound.. “Lemon, you aren’t my property, and it isn‘t like we are even together… Why would I be mad at you? Especially over what was clearly an accident.”

“I… I don’t know! I just… Didn’t want to make you think Pinkie and I were doing stuff, I guess?” I try to explain. This conversation went south pole FAST.

Trixie tilts her head to the side awkwardly, giving me a weird look. “So why?”

“Huh?”

“Why didn’t you just let me believe that?”

“Excuse me?”

“Why didn’t you let me think you and Pinkie were doing ‘weird things‘? I would have left you alone if you had, right?” she asks, beginning to circle around me like one of those private investigators… Or a hound.

“Well, yes, but… Er…” I’ll be honest, I can’t really come up with an explanation.

“Huh… Maybe you like Trixie. You like me,” she says matter-of-factly, sitting down right next to me, placing her soft, soft hand over mine with a vicious smile.

“I…” suddenly the cold is the least of my worries.

“Well? Say it is not so,” she pleads, her face coming dangerously close to mine, so I back off a bit, last time this happened I got kissed against my will.

“Trixie, look, er…” I begin, but she suddenly places a finger over my lips, stopping me from continuing my speech. She sighs, and looks up where the sun is currently setting.

“Lemon, you don’t have to say anything, it’s obvious you are conflicted,” she begins. “Look, I won’t pressure you into making a decision, but you shouldn’t have to think you have to hold stuff like this back because you think I’ll explode in a fit of rage.”

I don’t say anything as she stares into the sky, donning her hoodie as a particular strong gust of wind hits us and she doesn’t even flinch. This girl was made for the cold. I wasn’t. I wish I’d brought my jacket.

“Remember what you asked about Flash earlier?” she starts again as she keeps her face hidden behind the hood.

“Trixie, you don‘t have to say anything about that.”

“Now that I’m being direct with you, I feel I need to clear something up,” she begins.

“You sure?”

“Yes. I won’t go into any details, but I just want you to know that Flash betrayed me; and before you even guess, it was not romantically. Hope that gets your curiosity filled.”

Not really, but I suppose it could be worse. “Alright, fine… And thanks, there goes my second guess about it.”

Trixie sneers in response. “What was the first?”

“That he never paid you back.”

“You are an idiot.”

“Yup…” I reach into my back pocket, feeling the familiar note shaped form of the pendant Lyra gave me. “Hey, Trixie? You are being honest with me right now, so it’s fair that you know, b-” she pushes her palm over my mouth, silencing me.

“Quiet. You don’t have to say anything; the Great, and Humble Trrrrrrixie has already heard one truth out of you, and it wouldn’t be fair if Pinkie didn’t know what you wanted to say too,” she states. “Besides, you can always save it for when you choose the best girl,” she says, giving me a quick wink.

“Wait, I thought you weren’t pressuring me to be with you,” I groan, giving her the biggest pout I can.

“Trixie promised to not pressure you into deciding, that doesn’t mean she’ll stop her supreme flirting,” she explains. “Huh? Oh gosh, your face, haha,” she says, losing her cool and suddenly bursting into laughter, and not a maniacal one too boot! …What? It is legitimately that rare.

“Ha, ha, ha get it out of your system, jerk,” I growl, crossing my arms angrily.

“Ha, ha…” Trixie finishes, wiping tears from her eyes. “You are quite dumb… Anyway, what do you say to going back, Lime? It’s almost time.”

“I suppose we should… I don’t know how long until Flash goes nuts being alone with Pinkie in a candy store,” I agree relieved, remembering the pair.

“They’ll be fine, Flash has the patience of a saint, he has that going for him,” Trixie promptly explains absentmindedly as we start the walk back.

Flash and Trixie, huh…? “Speaking of Flash, you said that you guys weren’t together at some point, right?”

Trixie raises a brow, and shows me a wry smile. “Trixie never said that.”

“Um… So… Did you?”

“Why do you ask? Jealous?”

“Of course not!” I quickly reply.

“Then Trixie supposes you wouldn’t mind if she were to flirt with him too,” she says, just as she starts running off.

“Trixie? Wait, I didn’t say that! Wait!” I shout after her, already running out of breath. Who would have thought that never working out had a drawback! “Trixie wai-Oof!” I whine as I crash into Trixie’s back, falling back on the floor while she remains on her feet. Of course that actually happened.

“Whoops, Trixie forgot she still has homework to finish,” she says, and turns to me to offer her hand, helping me back up. “I have to go, seems I can’t deal with your cute jealousy today, Lime.”

Ugh. Dammit.“S-sure…” I agree hesitantly, covering my flushed face.

“Good. But can you do Trixie a favor?”

“I suppose… What is it?” I ask begrudgingly.

“Can you tell Flash that-

~~~~~

“… and at least that’s what she told me,” I tell Flash, whose mouth is agape in disbelief.

“Wow, what a jerk!” Flash groans, punching the horn of the car, thankfully, no one is in front of us as we pull into the street I live.

“Yup! And it’s funnier when it doesn’t happen to me,” I reply, still laughing at his stupid face.

‘Why did she say that for anyway?”

“Well, she said, and I quote: ‘Flash, mind your own business and buzz off’” I say in what I like to call the acting of the year. I’ll be waiting for my award to arrive in the mail.

Flash’s frown turns a complete 180, accompanied by a chuckle and his head shaking. “Of course!”

Of course? “What?”

“I should have known!”

“Should have known what?” I continue asking.

“She totally saw through it!”

“Flash, I will punch you.”

“Alright, here are the sick facts, yo!”

“Don’t ever talk like that again. Now, what are those facts!?”

“Remember when you stopped me from sitting next to Trixie in the theater?” he begins.

“I do, actually... Your point?"

“I was counting on you to say that," he says smugly.

"I instantly don't believe you," I instantly say.

"Or how about me being scare and saying I would protect Trixie? Don't tell you believed that?" he asks.

"Wait a minute... Noo…” I mumble, shaking my head in denial. “You really can’t be serious.”

“And remember when I left with Pinkie to the candy store in a rush?”

“You did that on purpose too?” I growl. “You suck!”

“I was being your wingman, it’s the main reason we even went to the mall,“ he explains.

“Seriously?“

“Yes, you obviously didn’t take advantage of it.”

“I didn’t want to take advantage of it, you idiot! Dammit!” I shout, reaching for the handle.

“Hey Lemon, hold on!” he calls me again.

“What?” I reply, my hand inches from opening the door.

“It’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you, actually,” he says, turning serious.

“I guess," I accept intrigued. “But this better be good.”

“It’s actually about what you said earlier, about your parents, remember?” he starts.

“W-what about it? It was just a fact, ahaha…” I say awkwardly. Did he catch onto my mess up?

“Well, yes, but it made me think about things, or rather, made me think more about them,” he explains.

“Care to explain in a way I don’t have to solve a riddle?”

“Right, sorry!” he apologizes quickly. “It’s just that I’ve been thinking how weird it is to, you know, having someone from another dimension here an all,.” I give him a blank look, surprised at his comment, I turn away from him not even realizing I just have.

“Um… Well, to be fair, I really haven’t though about it, feels weird that you are,” I say honestly.

“Weird enough. I would think that you might be more surprised about this, I mean, you told me that this world is part of a TV show that you like… And you are in it! Isn’t that kind of cool?”

“Well, in my world this place was part of a movie that had nothing to do with the actual show, I think? Never bothered to know about it,” I explain. Honestly, I wish I had, would have given me some fucking clue about the place when I got here at first.

“So it was just the horses then?”

“Ponies, to be exact.” I correct.

We stay silent -seems like I’ve done that a lot today- looking up at the night sky. If there is anything that hasn’t changed with the dimensions, it’s the sky… I can feel the pretentiousness intensifying immensely.

“So ever thought of going?” Flash suddenly asks.

“Going where?”

“You know? To that world? What was it called again?”

“Equestria,” I quickly reply. It’s been months since I’ve said that out loud… Five months to be exact.

“Fitting,” he notes with a nod. “So, have you?”

I turn to the front again, biting the inside of my lip nervously. I have to be honest; it wasn’t the first time that thought had come to mind. Back when I first arrived I knew that the place existed, I mean, it would have to if this place does. The thought is still with me, but, we-

“Pat!”

“Huh? W-what?” I answer, jumping in place. “Geez, don’t scare me like that!”

“Sorry pal,” he apologizes. “You were kind of lost in thought for a while there.”

“My bad, it’s just that you made me think about… Well, that,” by which I refer the going to Equestria thing.

“So would you want to go, then?” he asks again.

“Honestly? Yes, I would!” I reply honestly.

“Is it that cool?”

“Dude, it’s magic.”

He twists his face as he goes into deep thought, possibly coming up with something more. “So?”

“Hush, it’s magic.”

“Would you go even now?”

“No. Wait, yes? I mean…” I struggle to find the words. ”What was the question again?”

“You aren’t planning to go to Equestria, right?” he asks me, looking surprised. “I mean, like now? You are going home, right?”

“No, I mean, I did…“ wait, if I told him, what would he think of me? Heck, what if he tells Pinkie! An- fuck this. “I got to go!” I yelp, opening the door and slamming it shut behind me. “Sorry!” I apologize, running towards my home’s door.

“Lemon, wait!” Flash shouts after me just as I slam my front door shut, apologizing to my parents in a rush before doing something similar on the way to my room, locking the door. “I won’t have any dinner tonight, mom!” I shout, jumping on my bed and hiding under my blankets.

Oh god what have I done.