• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 5,414 Views, 201 Comments

I just wanted to go to Equestria! - Ditz



I've always wanted to go to Equestria, so I'm instead send to the world of Equestria Girls. Go figure.

  • ...
30
 201
 5,414

Flash-Back

The alarm sounds, I get off my bed. I shower… The routine remains the same.

I look outside my window and see the cloudy morning sky… The gray clouds, holding water, repressing it in such a way that even a slight touch might make it burst open. How fitting. I change into my clothes and head downstairs to find mother, who like every morning, is making breakfast for herself.

“Good morning swe-… Um, Lemon?” she greets me awkwardly, watching as I sit down. “Ah… Are you okay?”

“About as good as I look,” I reply without much care.

“Uh huh… Son? What are you wearing?” she asks, looking at my articles of clothing consisting of black colored pants and shirt. I also have a beanie to boot. Black, of course.

“Clothes, mom. I’m wearing clothes,” I reply nonchalantly. Fighting the power.

“You sure are…” she shakes her head and returns to her own thing, before remembering that I am actually her son. “So, what do you want for breakfast, Lemon?”

“Coffee.”

“Just… Coffee?”

“Yes. But make it black… Just like my soul.”

“I…” she starts, scratching her head. “Know what? I’m not going to bother, it’s probably just a phase,” she grabs a cup from the counter and serves coffee from the machine and hangs me the cup. “Here you go… I guess.”

The rest of the morning kinda goes about the same way.

I feel my phone vibrate and notice a text… A text from him, great. I begrudgingly get off my seat and head outside, noticing a sports car awaiting by the entrance.

“Well, here I go,” I sigh, walking towards and car and getting in, Flash Sentry’s dumb figure sitting in the driver’s seat waiting for me.

“Morning Le-mon…” he mumbles, looking at me oddly. “What are you wearing?” he asks. “Nightmare Night was three months ago.”

I look at him from out of a corner in my eye and snorting. “What do you care? Just drive,” I reply with disgust.

He looks at me for a good solid minute and grins, shaking his head as if he just witnessed something funny. “You know, if you are trying to make me feel bad, you are gonna have to try better than that.”

“You don't feel bad? Not even one bit?” I ask expectantly.

“You are not the first to come up with that, dude,” he explains as he laughs.

“Oh, come on!” I growl, taking off the stupid beanie and tossing it aside. “Splash, can’t you just leave me be!?” I shout

“Hey! What did I say about the name switching,” he warns, waggling his stupid finger at me. “Also, you look dumb with that outfit.”

“Yeah, well, I’m not the one blackmailing people!” I retort, sitting back with folded arms, I look down at my clothes and frown. “And you are just jealous cause I make this look good!”

“… Patrick, we both know it didn’t have to be this way, but you brought it upon yourself, your attitude last night was not helpful in the slightest,” he explains, ignoring my final comment.

“It’s not like you kidnapped me, right? It’s not like you took me on an alley, huh? Remember? Huh? HUH?” I ask, with much, and I mean MUCH justification.

“Of course I… What are you doing?” he asks as I open the window.

“Quiet!” I shut him up. “ I’m having a flashback…” I say as I look outside, and remember the events from last night.

~~~~~

“P-pony boy?” I ask confused. “I have no idea what you are talking about AHAHA, AHAHAHAHA,” I laugh inconspicuously, trying my best to open the door.

“Oh, please, you know full well what I’m talking about,” he turns his eyes to the front and sighs, starting the car and promptly returning to the road. I guess he finally saw to reas-“Lemon… No. Patrick. I know about you,” he says with confidence, practically tossing my earlier hope out of the window.

“Wait, how? I knew it, you are stalking me, aren‘t you? CREEP!” I shout.

“I am… What. Did you really just ask that,” he says, not actually asking, but making a statement. “Whatever, hold on,” he reaches for his pocket and takes out his phone, after messing with it for a while, he flips it sideways and shows me a black screen.

“What am I looking at?” I ask.

“For something that might stop you from joking for a minute,” he replies, as a circle begins spinning in the middle of the phone's screen. Hey, that looks like a video loading.

Just as I finish thinking that, the video starts, and my mouth opens wide to what I am staring at; it’s Pinkie Pie and I, and we are in a place, but not just in any other place, we are in a closet… A GYM closet. The shaky cam isn’t hiding that fact.

I certainly remember that.

“Wait… When did you…” I start mumbling, pointing with a trembling finger.

“Keep watching…” he simply says, as my video counterpart begins talking.

‘But, like, I am from a world where there is this dumb kids show called my little pony, and you are in it! Well, not quite, but you are a pony in it! And you do pony things, but not too pony, er…’

I continue to watch my video self awkwardly explaining my story to Pinkie. An event that happened last year. I watch, shaking my head slowly in disbelief, after a few seconds of it, I am no longer listening to the actual conversation in the video, and I’m simply focusing on Flash instead.

“But… How?” I ask finally as the video comes to an end.

“You act really weird, even on terms of Pinkie Pie, and as you said, I‘ve been keeping an eye on you for a while, and while I may have not believed that you are from another world at first, I feel I should be open to the idea,” he explains nonchalantly, putting the phone away. “And before you try to assault me, the video is online in many forms, privately, but online nonetheless,” he adds, basically destroying my blossoming idea.

“What do you want?” I ask instantly. “Why are you doing this?”

“Because I wanna help you go back.” he says, an- What.

“No,” I say instantly. “Out of the question,” I add. “Why would you want to help anyway!?”

“That’s for me to know and for you to… Not know,” he finishes awkwardly, scratching his head in shame at his terrible wording.

“Well, you are not helping. End of story,” I pull the door's handle and attempt to open the door of the car, even thought the car is still moving… I am stopping that. “Now let me out! Stopping the car first, of course… I’d much rather walk home than have a douche take me there,” I demand, noticing I literally just insulted the teenager that kidnapped me. I am totally dropping the ball tonight.

The car eventually, comes to a stop, making me notice we are actually at my place, as without my knowledge, Flash drove me home. I try to force the door, and I find that it opens easily...

For some reason, I don’t feel good about this.

“Lemon,” Flash calls me before I rush out.

“W-what?”

“Either we 'work this out', or this gets shown to the school counselor, and trust me, your little search won’t be easy with the school and your parents behind you,” he explains, grabbing his phone and flipping it in his palm.

I stare at him with the only question I can come up with at this moment. “Why?”

“Because I need you, and you left me with no choice. Now go,” he orders. “I’ll be here to pick you up in the morning.”

As I exit the car, I turn back one last time to face him. "If I were to tell people, you would be in trouble for spying, you know?"

Flash gives me an emotionless stare and simply nods. "That's a risk I'm willing to take," before reaching to close the door and driving off.

~~~~~

“And then, you picked me up in the morning,” I say out loud, suddenly noticing we are at the school’s parking lot. “... When did we get here?”

“Like, three minutes ago? You sorta lost track of time on your little reminiscing there, buddy” he explains with a smile.

“Not buddy, you see, I hate you,” I say instantly, making him drop the smile in his face. “I think we need to reiterate that.”

“Look, I will delete the video if you let me help you, just… Tell me what it is you are looking for,” he says, giving me a harsh stare, which totally tells me ‘help, or I’m giving that video to the counselor’.

“Fine,” I finally reply, rubbing my forehead. Hopefully I don’t regret this later.

I explain everything about my situation to him; where I came from, what my current objective was, and what I was planning to do. To help, I give him one of my drawings to show what my next target looks like on the show. Of course, 'targeting' Discord sounds like a threat to my ability of living, but that's what happens when you try to achieve something.

“Waiting. Seriously?” he begins after I explain. “You are going to wait for this ‘Discord’ guy to show up? That‘s your plan!?”

“Well, we couldn’t find him!” I attempt to explain. “There is nothing about him on the net, it’s like he doesn’t exist! We figured he would show up at some point and we could get something on him, sometime… You know, the more I explain, the dumber I feel this plan is,” I say honestly.

“You think? And what the heck is this!?“ he asks, holding out my drawing. “This looks terrible!“ he says, showing me my masterpiece.

“Hey! I only draw ponies and people, don’t start!“ I huff in defense.

“Whatever,“ he grunts, looking toward the school. “But… Hmm…” he mumbles, I look at him and see the extremely black gears of evil turn in his head. “I think I might have something… But that's for later, let's go to class now, I’ll get to you later when I get an idea, alright?” he says confidently, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Ah, ah, ah! Hate you, remember that,” I say, smacking his hand away. “But if this helps, I might reconsider forgiving you, pal,” I lie. Because I’m really not going to.

I’m terrible like that.

“Really?” he asks, smiling like an idiot. “Oh god… I’ve been feeling guilty all this time, and I thought you would feel contempt towards me, but I’m glad you understand! Thank you!”

"Um, sure," oh my god he fell for it.

We both get off the car, and go our separate ways, with me leaving confused on how this idiot managed to blackmail me in the first place.

~~~~~

After my third class is over, I head for the cafeteria, walking alongside the tons of famished students who didn’t have a nutritious breakfast. Counting myself, that is.

As I walk, I keep thinking over Flash’s words. What is he thinking? Why does he want to help me? Will he actually help me? Am I crazy for not telling Pinkie and Trixie about it? I suppose not, I mean, Flash looks like the guy who would go all narc on me the moment I do..

Talk about being crushed between a rock and a hard place. With spikes in the middle...

In space.

I arrive at the lunchroom and, yes, there she is: Pinkie Pie. She is sitting with a burger in her hands. No matter how many times I see it, watching her eating a burger both terrifies, and amuses me.

“Hey, Pinkie!” I greet her, sitting on the opposite seat of hers. “Where are the others?” I ask, noticing she is on her own.

“Hiya, Pat! And they had first lunch, so it's only us!” she explains. This only means that Pinkie and I have a lunch for ourselves for once. Eh, not complaining.

“Oh, well, that’s not bad, I mean, we still have each other, after all, ha, ha…” I laugh nervously, feeling words lost, jumble braiin. Duh.

“Yep! Oh wait, we also have Rainbow Dash!” she turns her head and raises her hand and waves it. "Hi Rainbow!"

Duhhhh… “What?” I ask, turning my head to where she turned hers, noticing her. Yup. The short shorts, the soccer jersey… The rainbow colored hair. That’s Dash, alright. Fuck.

Rainbow and I don’t really have the most stable relationship if that wasn’t too obvious.

“What are y’all gonna do this Christmas break?” AJ asks us, as we simply eat our lunches in peace. It was too quiet, and it helps me to avoid thinking of the cold. Stupid school's heater had to be broken in December, didn't it?

“Oh! I’m going out of town!” Pinkie quickly starts. “It’s gonna be a bit sad since I won’t be able to celebrate it with you guys,” she says with a sorry look.

“Oh, don’t you worry Pinkie dear, we’ll wish you a Merry Christmas when you return to make up for it,” Rarity contributes, at which point I decided to drop out of the eavesdropping. They are getting too mushy for my taste. Bleh.

“Rainbow Dash?” my selective hearing manages to hear AJ yelp in surprise.

“Yo, what’s going on, guys?” the rainbow haired Dash greets the group. Yup, that’s Dash alright.

“Having lunch, which Ah’m pretty sure you had an hour ago… Are you skipping?” AJ asks, giving Dash a suspicious look.

“I prefer the term ‘cold avoidance tactic’”

“Rainbow…“

“Come on! I mean, it’s snowing hard out there today! I wasn’t gonna freeze! And it’s not like I’m missing anything, really,” she comments, jumping over AJ and grabbing a slice of pie from her container. “Hmm… Granny sure knows how to make them!”

“Hey! Ah’ was eating that,” AJ scowls angrily.

“Sorry, my hand slipped,” Dash apologizes, eating the rest of the slice in one bite.

Without warning, AJ jumps over Dash and pulls a strand of her hair.

“Ouch! What was that for!? That hurt!” she complains, rubbing her head.

“Ah’m sorry, my whole body slipped,” she laughs with a satisfied grin.

“Daaashie!” Pinkie quickly jumps in, interrupting the argument the pair is having. “Great to see you here!”

“Oh, hey Pink, what are y- Woah!” Dash yelps, being suddenly dragged by Pinkie -- Towards me.

“This is Lemon, Dashie! Go say hi! He is a really nice guy!” I see Pinkie pushing Rainbow towards me with gusto, in an honestly overdue meeting. I suppose now it's about a good time as any.

“Um, hey,” she salutes warily, coming to terms to what‘s happening and waving her hand a in a rather lazy form of a welcome.

“Yeah, hi,” I reply, her lack of enthusiasm not being missed. “So, what’s going on?”

She squints her eyes for a second, and without warning, she reaches out and grabs my wrist, suddenly dragging me alongside her.

"Hey, where are you guys going?" Pinkie asks for me.

“We’ll be right back, Pinkie! I just want to talk with Lemon for a bit!” she shouts, running with me in hand. Not that I could do anything, what with her grip practically crushing my wrist. This girl is not just a show-off, that’s for sure.

"Okay! See you guys in a bit!" she replies. Aaaand that's that. Guess it's up to me to get the answers.

“Dash, where are you taking me?” I ask confused.

“Shut up!“ no answers then. Also, Dash is still a bitch in this world.

I wonder why she is dragging me, though. Maybe she had her eye on me and she is going to profess her love for me? I honestly hope it’s not that one. That would make two in a month counting Trixie..

We finally arrive in an empty classroom, and Dash closes the door instantly, she locks it, and turns to me with an angry stare. Geez, she looks as if I killed her parents or something.

"So, you think I don't see your game, huh?” she asks.

“What do you mean?” I ask back, growing increasingly concerned for my well being.

“You know, with Pinkie Pie!”

“Wait, so you aren’t going to profess your love for me?” I blurt out. Because that’s what I needed to say at this very moment. Right?

“What!?” she hisses loudly. “So you want to go after me too you womanizing perv!?”

“I, uh, what!?” I ask in sequence. “Okay, I am completely lost now, can you explain?”

“Oh, so you want me to explain the fact that you have not only Pinkie over you, but that annoying Trixie being all over you as well?” she growls, stomping closer to me."And now you want to add me to your harem!?"

“I… I…” I honestly have no words.

“Yes, you!” she continues, driving me against a wall, and poking her finger against my chest. “I swear, if you do something to hurt Pinkie Pie, you are going to regret this, pal, do you hear me!?” she threatens, poking harder. It really hurts.

“I- Yes, I understand! Please don’t hurt me!” I cry out, which at this point is all I can do.

“Good!” she turns around, thankfully leaving me on my o- “Boo!”

“Aaaah!” I shout, surprised at her sudden scare.

“Humph!” she snorts. “What does Pinkie even see in you?” she asks, shaking her head before turning to leave. “Speaking of, I wouldn’t tell Pinkie about this if I were you,” she smacks her fist against her palm to make a wordless point.

“G-got it!” I say instantly, simply giving up to the fact.

“Good,” she finishes, opening the door and leaving me on the floor, breathing heavily, not to mention increasingly confused. “Lemon, what a stupid name,” I barely hear her before she is gone.

This was NOT the best introduction I’ve had for sure.

So, why am I having this flashback now? Because I have it each and every time Rainbow Dash is present… It is a curse I must live with.

“Limey boy!”

“Aaah!” I yelp, looking around confused. “What? Who died?”

“You, Pat!” Pinkie says, looking at me with huge eyes. “You were looking at nothing for like, twenty minutes!”

“He was probably fantasizing about improper things, leave him alone,” Rainbow says, eating a slice of pizza with gusto.

I roll my eyes at her comment -a rather common thing nowadays- and return to my mac and cheese. *Riiiing!* My spoon falls off my hand, causing a loud clank noise which goes unheard by the kids who are now walking out the room. Who on an unrelated note, are completely fed.

“That’s what happens when you don’t eat, buddy,” Dash looks me over for a bit and grins. “Nice outfit,” she comments, smirking as she walks past me and to wherever the hell she is supposed to go. Good riddance, I say.

“Come on, Pat! Let’s go to class!” Pinkie calls me, resting her hand on my shoulder. I certainly feel less prone to crying over wasted food… Oh, what the hell.

“Sure, let’s go,” I grab the plate and chomp on what I can as we make our way out, heading for our next class, thankfully, we both have psychology next, so we get to hang out. Speaking of. “Hey, Pinkie?”

“Yes?” she replies, looking up to me. I hadn’t noticed, but it looks like I’ve actually grown taller than her during the break, at least something of mine is growing.

“Do you wanna hang out after school? You know? Maybe we can go to your place,” I suggest without thought.

“W-what?” Pinkie replies looking around nervously. “I…”

“Something wrong?” I ask her curiously. What’s with the reaction? You'd think Pinkie would be okay with that.

“No, well, I…”

“Lemon!” a voice calls from behind us, making the both of us jump in surprise.

“What the?” I turn around just in time to see Flash Sentry stop in front of us, breathing heavily as if he had been running a marathon.

“Come on!” he grabs my wrist and begins pulling me, I quickly stop the act by slapping his hand away.

“What do you think you are doing?” I ask annoyed.

“Just… Come with me,” he simply says, looking towards Pinkie. “Can you cover for him,?” he asks, now talking to Pinkie.

“O-oh? S-sure! You got it, sen- I mean, Flash!” sen? What was she gonna say there?. “I’ll see you later then, Lemon. Good luck! Bye!” she waves and runs off, leaving me alone with Flash. I get the feeling she is hiding something.

“Pinkie, wait!” I shout after her, but she is already gone. “Seriously?” I turn to Flash angrily. “I was talking to her, you know?”

“You can talk to your girlfriend another time, just follow me already, Pat,” he demands, walking on ahead.

“She is not my girlfriend!” I hiss angrily, reluctantly following.

We, um, ’stealthily’ go through the halls, carefully avoiding any teacher in our way… At least I am, Flash seems to not give a damn.

“Dude, why aren’t you hiding?” I ask him as I push myself against a small opening by the vending machines.

“Off period,” he replies calmly. That would explain a lot.

We continue walking until we stop by the principal’s office. ‘Why are we stopping in the principal’s office?’ my brain asks.

“Good question, why are we?” I ask out loud.

“Why are we what?” Flash asks confused.

“Here. Why are we here!” I reask, staring at the door with Celestia’s name written on it.

“Because, Lemon,” he starts, donning a pair of gloves. “We are going in.”


..
.

“What!?” I hiss in a low voice. “Why?”

“Simple. You need to find that Discord guy, you said he might be involved with the school but he isn‘t here. What better way than accessing the files themselves? Trust me, the Principal will not let you touch them,” he reasons as he reaches into his pockets and takes out another pair.“Catch!” he says as he tosses the gloves at me.

"Just put them on and follow me," he says, opening the door.

“I… What,” I simply mumble confused.Flash only shrugs and heads in, with me following behind. Dammit, what am I getting myself into.

I close the door behind me and look around, the familiar office looks rather ominous when I’m illegally sneaking in along with the douche nozzle himself. It doesn’t help that the lights are off and the blinds are closed. Okay, maybe that’s why it’s ominous.

“Here!” I hear Flash whisper, as something touches my foot, I reach down, and after fumbling for a bit, I pick up what feels like a flashlight. *click* Yup. “And this too!”

“Aah!” I yelp, as something soft lands on my face, I grab it and feel it, noticing something familiar. “Wait, is this my beanie? I say, recognizing the shape, texture, and piece of gum that I never bothered to remove back in Christmas. Not a nice prank, dad.

“Yep, who knew, but your outfit fits our situation, don’t you think?” Flash says as he looks around.

I shake my head in disbelief at how easy he is taking this. “Flash, we are gonna be in trouble! What are you thinking! And how did you open the door?” I ask. Flash, uh… Flashes the… Flashlight, yeah, to reveal his face to me.

“Vice-Principal Luna is slipping lately, she keeps leaving the door open, and since I was a member of the student council last year, I visited their office on a regular basis, so you kind of learn… And since they don't really check the camera, no one will know we were even here, the Principal is too trusting,” he explains. “Unless we take too long, come on! You look on that cabinet, I’ll look here!” he orders, as he dives into one behind the Celestia's desk and begins searching.

I suppose I might as well.

I head into the cabinet next to his and open it, noticing the verily visible forms of a good number of folders, which I stare at in confusion. So I simply point my confusion towards Flash.

“They are arranged by years,” Flash says besides me. “Since no teacher has changed since my Freshman year, you can skip the past four years,” he suggests, before returning to his own file searching.

“Okay…” I answer, grabbing the flashlight in one hand and fumbling with the folders in the other. After a few minutes of searching, I manage an easy rhythm, which allows me to finally talk with ease. Something I wanted to do to ask what was on my mind.

“Flash?” I call to him.

“What.”

“What is with you?”

“What do you mean?” he replies without turning.

“Dude, you were such a goody-two shoes, and now look at you, breaking into the Principal’s office, blackmailing me… What happened?”

He turns to me, sighing as he shakes his head. “Stuff happened, that‘s what,” he closes the cabinet he was searching for and moves to the second. “I had to do this, I just had to."

“Well, look at you, going all mysterious on my ass,” I say. “Come on, just tell me, what happened?” I ask him, my growing curiosity nagging at me like Trixie whenever I pass out on one of her practices.

“I’ll tell you later,” he replies. “We should focus on this.”

“Or you could tell me now and drop the mysterious crap,” I retort. I never did like the secretive act.

“Well…” he stops, turning to me and smirking. “Know what? I think I’ll keep on the mysterious stuff, maybe I‘ll tell you when we are out, maybe not,” he says confidently, returning to his search.

“Dude!” I nearly shout. “Don’t leave me hanging!”

“That’s what she said,” he answers. Looking at me straight in the eyes, a victorious smile on his face.

That doesn't make any sel- Oh! “Dude! I think I found him,” I call Flash, pulling out a mug shot of the human Discord and showing it to him. Flash instantly recoils.

“Woah… What’s with the creepy yellow eyes?” he asks, looking at the shot, the eyes shining in the darkness.

“Weird…” I simply say, pointing the flashlight to the picture and noticing the yellow eyes becoming white again. “Somehow, I am not surprised, this guy is a sort of god, I figured something weird would happen,“ I say, as I search the rest of the folder, but all I find is a single piece of paper. “Huh, this is weird, this says that he hasn’t worked here for-” I pause, noticing the time. “Twenty years…”

That’s funny, that rings a bell.

“You know?” Flash calls, trying to get my attention. “There is something about this guy that looks very familiar, but I just don’t know why…”

“Seen him before?” I ask excited. This might just be it!

“Um… Damn it. Sorry, I really don’t know… But it’s something, right?” he says satisfied, going back to his own cabinet.

“I suppose,“ I say disappointed, putting the folder back in the cabinet. “What are you doing?” I question., watching as he fumbles with more folders “We found what we were looking for.”

“No. YOU found what you needed, I still need something else,” he explains rather cryptically, returning to his search. Curioser and curioser.

I pull out my phone and take a picture of Discord’s photograph and of the form itself, I hope this can be useful.

“So, where are Celestia and Luna anyway?” I ask, walking towards the door to check-up on any unexpected authoritative figures that might pass by.

“The meeting room. The teachers have this certain ritual where they have a small welcome party the first week of the semester for the teachers who are done for the day, a time to relax,” he explains easily, not even bothering to turn to me.

“I suppose that makes sen-”

*Rustle, rustle* I heard a sound, I turn back and stare at the door. *Rustle, rustle* I see the handle move.

Oh no.

“The one time I remember to lock the door,” comes the sound of a frustrated Luna on the opposite side.

Without thinking, I switch off the flashlight and run towards Flash, I grab him by the collar, and pull him alongside me under Celestia’s desk, as we slide in, I feel a sharp, agonizing pain as something stabs into my hand… Which I can’t move due to my current tight fit with Flash under here, we look at each other timidly, and I see sweat beads drip from his brow, which I’m sure are dripping down mine.

What the hell was I thinking!?

The lights flare to life, and the footsteps of whom I assume to be Luna can be heard as she heads into her office across the desk we are in, speaking of, I can barely hold my cries of pain as the stabbing thing pierces deeper into my palm.

“Son o-” I nearly curse, but thankfully(?) Flash’s hand quickly covers my mouth, he silently shushes me as we wait for Luna to exit the room.

“Why is that open?” Luna says… Oh no… We didn’t close the cabinet Flash was searching! I watch as Luna bends down, her damn ass facing us both as she closes the cabinet, and -by the sounds of it- locks it. As this is happening, I’m going through breathing exercises, as to calm myself down, and also forget the pain of my bleeding palm. Did I forget to mention my hand is now bleeding? BECAUSE IT’S NOW FUCKING BLEEDING.

To our fortune, she stands up once again, and returns to her office without much of a clue of two students under her sister's desk. “Um… Yes, here we go. I really need to stop bringing this thing to school with me,” she says, sounding rather cautious. I would wonder what it is, but I have to reiterate that I am under a desk, stabbed by something, and Flash is here too. Sorry if my priorities aren’t set correctly.

I hear a few more sounds, and after a minutes, the lights shut off, and the door is closed, the sound of the locks reaching our ears. A welcome blessing.

“Ooouuuch!” I cry out silently, wasting no time and pointing the flashlight at my hand, I easily notice a fucking paperclip stabbing deep in my perfect skin. “Son of a bitch!” I curse, removing the thing and shoving it in my pocket to avoid leaving evidence. “Flash, we have to get out of here,” I turn, warning him as I suck on the wound.

“But… I didn’t get what I came here for…” he replies weakly, looking at the now locked cabinet.

“Tough shit! We can’t be caught here! Let’s go!” I tell him, dragging him alongside me before he can complain further.

So, our escape was successful, as proof of us now sitting inside Flash’s car, catching our breaths.

“We… Made it…” I finally say, as we have both been silent since we got in.

“Yeah… I guess,” he groans, looking at me annoyed.

“What?” I ask, acknowledging his angry stare.

“What do you mean what? You… Phew… You know full well that I was looking for something, Patrick!” he shouts, banging his hand down on the horn, the blaring sound, making me jump in panic.

“Hey, I don’t owe you anything, pal! If anything, what you helped me do here at least puts you on my ‘okay’ list in my book!!”

“Wait… Really?” Flash asks with a genuinely surprised stare.

“I guess I do. Huh,” I reply just as surprised. “You helped me find something about Discord, that counts for something, you know?” I look at the photo of human-cord on my phone. His eyes are all white again -- must have been the camera’s flash.

“I guess I did,“ he responds, and I don’t know why, but the mood has taken a very different feel… I am not sure if I like the way he is staring at me. “Pat…” UM.

Trying to avoid the awkwardness of the situation, I switch to the messages app. Oh, I have an audio message from Pinkie Pie, it seems. I simply press on the message, and the audio begins playing.

“Hello! I don’t know what you are doing Pat! I bet it’s baaaad, but I wanna wish you luck… With a song! Ahem…”

“~Do what you must and don’t get caught,
Don’t let your efforts be for naught!
An-~

“Pinkie Pie! We are in the middle of class! Give me that phon-” and just as suddenly, the message cuts off.

I can’t help but burst into laughter, she always has the right thing to ease me.

“Eeyup. Thought so,“ Flash says, I turn my head to see him grinning.

“Ah ha… What are you grinning about, pretty boy,” I ask him, the smile still on my face.

“You SO like her,” he says, shaking his head, but keeping the cocky smile.

“Well I do, we ARE friends after all,” I answer him, just as I feel my face flush with embarrassment at his TOTALLY baseless accusation.

“Right…“ he finishes, practically stating ‘you are full of shit’ dammit. “So, Patrick?” he calls my name. “I…”

“Dude, stop with the crap, just say what you gotta say!” I groan. I’m pretty sure he is doing the ’slow heartfelt’ thing on purpose now.

“Patrick, I was simply letting the warm moment settle in! You can’t blame me for trying,” he replies, barely managing to hold a serious face. I knew it!

“Well, you better tell me, or the only ‘warm moment’ you’ll feel will be the blood that will be dripping down your nose!” I threaten him, making him freeze up.

“Geez, fine! I'm simply easing you into it,” he clears his throat and stares me down. “First; I was after Sunset Shimmers documents, I was trying to find out where she lives. Second; you have been followed by Snips and Snails for a few weeks now.”

“See? That wasn’t so h- What,” I cut off my own sentence, giving Flash a stoic stare.

“Yup, they have been following you since November, I think,” he answers, knowing what I meant.

“But. How do you…”

“Been following you since the start of the year, you get good at noticing things. And trust me, I’ve been trying to keep them away from you, because honestly, you can be really dumb,” he insults me for no reason.

“What? What are you talking about!?” I growl, baring my teeth. Which in all fairness isn’t too threatening.

“How do you think I learned of you, your world? I’ve been listening to your conversations with Trixie and Pinkie, heck, YOU talk out loud to yourself,“ okay, I might have probably dropped the ball on that one. “I have been the only one who has been paying attention to your ramblings due to what Shimmer did to me… But hey, you don’t believe that as stated before, why am I even telling you this!?” he sighs irritated.

“Flash,” I start, holding my forehead as the familiar headache returns. “I believe you.”

“R-really?” he asks, hopeful.

“I mean, what kind of person goes through all of this crap just to find out about his ex-girlfriend… Unless you are the crazy ex-boyfriend but we both know that the crazy one in the relationship was Shimmer.”

“Woah. Thanks man, I appreciate that you finally believe it…” he scratches his head, looking at me embarrassed. He reaches for his pocket, and takes out his phone, showing it to me. “See this?” he asks, showing me the phone’s screen.

“Yeah?”

“Video is gone,” he explains. “Sorry for the kidnapping, and, well, the blackmail thing,” he apologizes, putting his head down on the wheel. “Guess I was just too keen on getting to her, you know?”

“Yep. At least I know that you chose me because of my situation and not just because you hate me.,” I point out realizing the fact.

"Also, you slapped her," he adds.

"Oh, yeah! That was fun," I say, reminiscing on the fond memory.

"Back when I dated her, you are lucky I didn't know, or I would have punched you," he half-laughs. I get the feeling he would have.

"Speaking of, you know, if you were dating her, wouldn’t that mean you have been at her place before?” I ask, hoping for some reasoning on that bit..

“Patrick, I couldn’t even get to third b-” he stops, covering his mouth.

What.

“Forget it! Irrelevant point!” he says, looking to the side with an embarrassed blush. That’s almost adorable.

“Alright, alright, I get it,” I say dismissively. “So, I see we have a common enemy, huh?”

“We do h- wait, are you saying what I think you are saying?” he asks. Please, as if he didn’t know what I am going to say.

“Yes, I mean, you already know about me, and it might prove useful to have you help us, since you are the popular guy in school, you have connections and whatnot…” I feel him grab my hand and shake it with his own, his own grip tightening around my poor wounded palm. RIP. It had no chance.

“Ugh, whatever, you are in, congratulations,” I say unimpressed.

“Oh, don’t worry Lemon, I promise to stay away from your girlfriends.”

“For the last time, they are not my g-”

*Be*Beep*eep* two sudden noises cease my own mouth noises. Strange, it came from both mine and Flash’s phone.

“Hey, it’s from Fluttershy,” Flash says surprised. I grab my phone and check it. Yep.

“Me too, actually,” I inform him. “She wants to meet us both at the front of the school…”

“Any idea as to why?” he asks me.

“Don’t know, haven’t seen her all day… What if she makes us go do more community service, though?”

We turn to look at each other, our gulps of fear a telling sign of our worry.

~~~~~

Flash decides to drive to the front, where everyone is already leaving, we park in the front and walk the rest of the way to the entrance, where Shy’s trademarked pink colored hair with a flower is already waiting for us alongside the rest of her body.

“Hey guys!” she shouts. At least I think she does by the way her mouth moved without a sound.

“Hey Fluttershy, “ I greet her. “Just came to tell you that I’m really busy today, and I have homework, an- Ouch!” I let out a pained yelp as Flash pokes my ribs. WHY IS EVERYONE MEAN TO PATRICK.

“What he means to ask is that we’d be glad to help again,” he answers convincingly. Very good liar for sure.

“O-oh, there is no need!” Fluttershy who is now best girl says. “It was a one time thing, I actually called you guys here to give you this,” she reaches into her backpack and retrieves a folder, where she takes out what appears to be…

“Photos?” I ask, staring at the pictures, I notice that it’s a photo taking place in the shelter main room, with Fluttershy and all the other animals posing for it. Kind of surreal, in all honesty.

“Yes! Just the animals and my own way of thanking you two for the help, it was really appreciated! And look at the back, there is an inscription for each of you!” she says, turning both our photos.

“Thank you for everything!”
-Fluttershy and Friends

“Shy? What’s this?“ I ask, pointing at a big smudge that is set all the way to the bottom under her name in my own picture.

“O-oh! That was a typo on my p-part, sorry…” she stops, the place taking an awkward silence. “Gotta go!” she dismisses herself, running past us and into her car which is parked close-by.

Huh, I wonder, could this smudge have been her… Nah.

“Well, we got off the hook this time, didn’t we?” I ask Flash, who is giving me a look of disbelief. “What? Something the matter?” I ask him. Is he jealous of my picture smudge, perhaps?

“Lemon… See that frame in the back, behind Fluttershy?” he asks, pointing it out in his own photo.

“Huh,” I look at the photo and notice a framed picture with the mug of a bluish skinned bald man. “Yes, I do, what about it?”

“That’s him! That’s who it reminded me of, well, you know?”

I glance at the man for a second before turning to Flash again. “Dude, are you blind? Because this guy looks nothing like him.”

“Okay, look. When I was let into the shelter, the lights were off, and when I went in, I saw this weird yellow pair of glows, at least until I turned on the lights, and I turn it was just a trick so I forgot until I saw it again. Do you see where I’m going with this?” he asks.

“But the eyes aren’t glo- Wait…” I stop, coming up with something. No freaking way.

I put the photo on the balcony to the side, and lower myself, putting my hands around the picture, blocking any source of light and…

“Flash?”

“Yes?”

“Do what I’m doing and stare at the picture.”

“Okaaaaay,” he says with a questioning look.

As he does, I take out my phone and look at the picture, I put my phone down next to Flash and do the same. I’m sure we are getting weird looks, but we are doing research, dammit!

As it turns out, I was right, I stare at the photo of my phone, and a slight yellow glow shines on Discord's face through the flash of my camera.

Both Flash and I slowly raise our heads, and we turn to each other with the same look of disbelief.

“Duuuude…”.

Author's Note:

Ta-daaah? Plot progression. Flash. Other things including RD!

I enjoyed writing this one, and the story is waaaay past its halfway point now so huzzah!

I look forward to your thoughts!

Note to self: Title is terrible, change later. Don't forget you dumb. Edit Note: Fixed. Thank you brain

Edit added: Thanks to FanOfMostEverything for the tidbit reminder.