• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 4,266 Views, 137 Comments

ButtonBall - linkman443



Button Mash makes a new friend, Scewball meets her future husband.

  • ...
16
 137
 4,266

Chapter 6

As all the little fillies and colts once again galloped off home as the school day ended, Button Mash was just sadly dragging himself across the ground. The filly that he liked didn't like him back. Especially when he traded all of his cheat codes for Super Mareio Galaxy to Pipsqueak to write that poem for him. He wasn't looking where he was going and accidentally bumped into something.

“Sorry I. Oh hey Screwball. I haven't talked to you in days where were you?” He asked.

“Just feeling upset that you like somepony else and not me. No big deal.” Screwball said in her mind.

“Oh, nowhere, just been around.” Screwball lied. “How did it go with Sweetie Belle?” Asked Screwball. Personally she couldn't care less because she knew how that went along.

As she thought to herself, she didn't notice Button trying , but failing to hold in his tears, and just like that. The dams burst.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.” cried Button. “It was (sniff) so horrible Screwball. Sweetie Belle (sniff) called me all kinds of names when I gave her my poem. She-she called me creepy, she called me wimpy, and worst of all (sniff) she called me a….a…..A BLANK FLAAAAAAAAANK!” Button Mash wailed. He hugged Screwball while crying. Screwball couldn't feel any happier and yet, feel any more terrible at the same time.

She felt so happy that she imagined her and Button kissing right in that spot, their first date, fighting a dragon, Button proposing to her, their wedding day, their foals first steps, Button finding out what happened, their divorce, leaving her in the dust.

“NO, the damage is done. Button will forget about Sweetie Belle and he and I will be together!”

After Screwball snapped back into reality, she remembered Button was crying. Sne needed to cheer him up.

“Hey, Buddy.” She said in a motherly tone. “How about we go to your house and play some video games? Would you like that?”

“Yeah, I guess so, I gotta let my mom know that you're coming.” Said Button Mash as he stopped crying.

The two earth ponies then made it to Button Mash’s house. As they walked through the front door, Button Mash was greeted by his mother.

“Hey, Button how was scho-” Button’s Mom then noticed Screwball. “Button who's this?” She asked. Not liking the idea that he brought a filly home. “Oh uh, this is my friend Screwball. She wanted to come over and play video games. Is that alright?” He asked with the tiniest hint of sadness in his voice.

“Oh of course, honey bunny. Just go upstairs and straighten up your room a little bit.” She said. As Button made his way upstairs, Screwball was left alone with Buttons Mom. Buttons Mom looked at her with a stare that pierced her very soul. "I know where you live." She said with with a level of seriousness that could rival Princess Celestia herself. Screwball translated these five words to mean "try anything wih him and i'll destroy you."

"You can go upstairs now, I'm pretty sure he's done." Says Buttons Mom, still maintaining her deep and soul piercing stare. Screwball gallopped up the stairs with lightning speed. At the top of the stairs, she was greeted with Button Mash in his room inserting a disk into his Neightendo Wiiney. Screwball didn't know much about games in general, but she was willing to learn about it. Button handed her a controller and they began playing.

After a whole hour, Screwball won Fifty-Three to Zero. She was happy to get the hang of it quick, but the whole reason why was because Button was barely mashing the buttons. She felt very concerned for him and so she asked away.

"How you feelin' Button?" She asked sencerely.

"It's just that, why do you think she called me a blank flank? She dosent have a Cutie Mark either." He said while lightly tapping the 2 button on his controller.

"Well, you know those high class types, they're always so uptight and so snobby, thinking that earth ponies their slaves." Screwball said with deep annoyance.

"Hey Screwball. I kind of see why Sweetie Belle, didn't like me. Look at me. I'm eight years old, my voice is really nasaly for some reason, I get drunk off of apple juice, and I still wear this hat." Button said on the verge of tears.

"Button don't be- apple juice? Really?Anyway, don't put yourself down like that. She may see that, but you know what I see. I see a colt that is confident, strong willed, courageous and very handsome." At that last complement, Button looked up at Screwball with a blushing face. Screwball put her front hooves on Buttons scholders and continued.

"If Sweetie Belle can't see that, she doesn't deserve you! You need a fillyfriend that lo-likes you for who you are and not one who only leads you on!" Screwball said with a blushing face of her own.

"Screwball? What are you really saying?" Button said with an idea with what she's talking about.

"Button. What im saying is I-I-I...UGH!" She hollerd. She then pulled Button Mash in for a kiss.

Author's Note:

If this were a Sitcom, I could hear the audience going "Wooooooooo". Anyways I apologise for not posting as frequently, some things in my life ae catching up.