• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 4,266 Views, 137 Comments

ButtonBall - linkman443



Button Mash makes a new friend, Scewball meets her future husband.

  • ...
16
 137
 4,266

Chapter 5: Part 1

Screwball came to school with a look of happiness, but her eyes said otherwise. She was glad to be Button's friend, but thinking about him and Sweetie Belle just hugging and kissing each other just starts a fire in her heart. The simple thought of not being with Button hurt her the most. She went to say her daily good mornings to everypony.

"Good Morning Snips, good morning Snails, good morning Peachy Pie, good morning Twist, good morning Scootaloo, good morning Rumble, good morning weird painting that looks suspiciously like my dad." Screwball stopped and looked back only to see a blank wall. "That was weird." She stated continuing her trot down the hallway. But she was halted by two little earth ponies.

"Stop right there, Swirly!" Shouted Daimond Tiara. Screwball really didnt want to hear it right now. So in order to shut her up, she replied.

"What do you two want now. I already lost the love of my life, are you two here to kick me while I'm down?" Asked Screwball.

Diamond Tiara blinked and said "Nothing of the sorts Swirly, we're here to provide you a...proposition." She said.

"What kind of proposition?" Screwball asked, not liking the way she said it.

"What do you say when I have a plan that I geniously thought of ALL by myself that lets you have Button Mash as your special sompony by the end of this week?" Said Diamond Tiara

Screwballs curiosity peaked "I would say I'm all ears."

"Good, meet us in the fillies bathroom by lunchtime." Said Diamond with a smile hinting mischief.

Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon and Screwball went inside the fillys bathroom. Silver Spoon was carrying a box of makeup and a few cans of paint. Once they were inside, they started discussing the plan.

"Alright girls I call this "Opperation Thunder Tiara" explained Diamond Tiara.

"Why did you name it that?" Asked Screwball.

"Because do you want Button Mash or not that's why." Diamond Tiara said with a calm and sarcastic tone.

Screwball just went scilent and just kept on listening.

Once she was done explaining the planThe bell rung for class to begin. Silver Spoon ran out of the bathroom so the plan can take up. Diamond Tiara and Screwball started to paint each other from the face down.

Button Mash and Sweetie Belle were looking at each other from across the classroom with blushing smiles. Button was a holding little note with a heart on the front. He was innerly encouraging himself to get up, give the note to her and just sit back down and prey to Celestia for her to say yes.

Sweetie Belle just silently stared at Button while he was taking notes of Ms. Cheerlee's lesson. Silver Spoon was sitting behind Sweetie Belle trying to think of a way to get her out of the school. She began to grow a little frustrated hearing Apple Bloom and Scootaloo conversing about the next CMC meeting. She then had an idea, she took out a sheet of paper and wrote something on it. She then tapped Sweetie Belle on the back and gave her he note.

Sweetie Belle opened the note and read it.

"Meet us in the janitors closet.We'll be there in ten minutes." Said the note.

Sweetie Belle then asked Ms.Cheerlee to be excused. She happily excused her. Sweetie Belle then trotted out of the room.

As she was already halfway down the hallway.Once she passed the fillys bathroom, a swirly eye poked out of the doorway.

"Alright the coast is clear, you ready?" Asked ScrewBall.

"Swirly, I was born ready." Said Diamond Tiara nonchlantly, now disguised as Sweetie Belle. Diamond Tiara then sneaked out of the fillys bathroom and into the classroom.

"Oh, Sweetie Belle your just in time for recess! Alright My Little Ponies lets have some Fun In Minutes!" Said Cheerlee.

All the little fillies and colts galloped their way outside to the nearest set of swings, seesaws or game. Button Mash set his sights on the discuised Diamond Tiara. He began a nervous trot to her, starting to convince himself not to do it,but his head said otherwise.

"Come on Button, play it cool.You can do it!" He said as he was now standing in front of the discuised Diamond Tiara.

"Uh...H-hey Sweetie Belle, how's it g-going." Button said nervously.

Diamond Tiara raised her hoof and turned around. She pulled out an inhaler filled with helium and inhaled a few puffs. She turned back around and said in her best impression of Sweetie Belle.

"Uh not much."

Button Mash gulped and drew out the note from earlier. "Well, I uh wrote this for you." He said while handing it to her. She opened it and to her surprise it was a poem.

Waiting for that faithful day,

when I can hold your hoof and say,

my one and only love is you,

I know this love of mine is true,

to this only pony you mean in the world,

you make my stomach do twists and twirls,

I'll always have a love for you,

no matter what situation going through,

no matter good or bad, nor right or wrong,

my love for you will always stay strong.

you mean so much to this one colt,

i want to give you all I can,

I hope one day you feel this way,

for I am yours and here to stay.

-Will you go to Sugarcube Corner with me?

Diamond Tiara was so taken aback. This was the most romantic poem she had ever read and it was coming from a colt that was failing English class. She was very close to saying yes while hugging him, but she remembered who she was and what she actually discovered was how much of a competition he was. If Sweetie Belle saw this, hay, if any filly or mare saw this, they would of said yes in a heartbeat.

"So uh, what do you say?" Button Said with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"No" She said sternly.

"What? But why?" He said on the verge of tears.

"Because, why would I date such a lower class blank flank like yourself. Now shut up and get away from me you button mashing CREEP!"

Just the pain of being rejected was enough to send him crying all the way back to the schoolhouse.

Diamond Tiara smiled at how well that went.

"And the little Blank Flank cried wee, wee, wee all the way home.