• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 4,263 Views, 137 Comments

ButtonBall - linkman443



Button Mash makes a new friend, Scewball meets her future husband.

  • ...
16
 137
 4,263

Chapter 2

It has been at least a week since Screwball moved to Ponyville. All of the ponies got to know her well enough to actually approach her and say hello. Screwball was still getting settled in her new home and her new school, but she didn't really care because she thanked her young friend and future coltfriend, Button Mash. It was a nice Sunday morning for Screwball, she was in her bathroom brushing her mane as swiftly and promptly as possible.

The pink filly was finished brushing her mane and trotted back into her room. She reached under her bed and drew out a small pink book with her cutie mark on it. She opened it up to a blank page and began writing.

Dear Diary,
I've just finished brushing my mane and going to meet my new friend, Button Mash at Sugarcube Corner. He asked me like he had something to say. Maybe he likes me back! Maybe when I get there, that party pony will throw an I-like-you-back-Screwball-so-please-go-on-a-date-with-me-party! OH IM SO EXITED I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.

Her propeller hat started spinning really fast and started floating in midair. She then flew out of her room and into the kitchen for breakfast. Her mom was enjoying her coffee until her daughter flew in cheering. She started growling and said

"BARK BARK BARK BARK"( Scewball! What did I say about flying in the house?!)

"I can't help it mom I have a possible date with Button Mash!" She said with great amounts of joy.
Screw Loose just growled in frustration and just focused on her coffee.

Screwball then finished her breakfast and departed out the door.
"Mom! I'm going out to my potential date with button! Wish me luck!" She yelled as she bolted out the door.

She galloped through the hustle and bustle of the Ponyville market only to be stopped by two fillies that gave her a rough time since day one.

"Hold it right there Swirly." Diamond Tiara shouted as Screwball came to a complete stop.
"What do you two want?" Screwball said annoyed.
"You do know its completely obvious right?" Silver Spoon said with complete sincerity.
"What's obvious and what's it to you?" Replied Screball not taking her eyes off the snooty files.
"You've only been here a week. I'm pretty sure all of Ponyville no, all of Equestria knows about your little secret."
".......And that is?" She said with pure obliviousness.

Diamond Tiara sighed at her stupidity, Silver Spoon has a look of anger saying "I'm sick and tired of your garbage." At the peak of her anger sh yelled.
"You have a crush on Button Mash!"
Screwball took a step back and looked around. Thank Celestia no pony herd. Diamond tiara took a step back because of her friend's sudden outburst. Diamond Tiara had a look of "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang" on her face. She just shrugged it off and continued talking.

"Aaaanyway, Silver Spoons right, the reason why that button mashing blank flank doesn't notice is because he's too busy playing on his go-by. Furthermore, you better work faster and step up your game because a little chicken told me that she has her eye on Button Mash too." She concluded, Screwball has a look with shock and confusion. Silver Spoon just had a look of confusion.

Screwball snapped out of her confusion and started galloping twards Sugarcube Corner. By the time she was out of sound distance, Silver Spoon asked " why are you helping her?"
"Because Silver Spoon, as soon as that swirly-eyed freak makes it offical with that blank flank, Swettie Belle will be mine for the taking." She said with a look of mischief.
"Ooooooooh Wait! You like Sweetie Belle?!"

We return to Screwball whose just entering Sugarcube Corner. She frantically searched around for Button Mash hoping hhes not talking with her new compitition. Then she saw him just enjoying a milkshake while playing a game she couldnt identify on his joyboy. She trotted up to him and sat down. She couldnt help but notice how cute he looked when submerged in his JoyBoy. Every muscle in her body screamed to slap the JoyBoy away and kiss himm right in front of everypony. You can practically see the hearts in her eyes. Just then, Button yelled "Wooooooooooooow, well ill see you later Stallionus, you can fight Ridley yourself!" He then turned off the little console and just noticed the lovestruck filly sitting in front of him.

"Oh, Screwball! I didnt see you there." He then took notice of how she was looking at him. "Uuuuuuuuuuhhhh, are you okay?"
"Yes my sweet little brownie?" She murmured.
"What?" Button said caught of guard.
Screwball snapped out of her love trance and said "OH! Uh I mean....... Sooooo Button Mash, what is it that you want to talk to me about?" She said as if she already knew.

"Well uhh, can you keep a secret?" Button Mash whispered
"Cross my heart and hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my eye." She promised.
"Well, theres this girl at school and i really like her."
"Yes." She said with a building smile.
"And ive only noticed her for a week and I dont think she knows I exist. But i really really like er."
"Yeeeeeeeeeeeessss?" She said with building excitement.
Shes the filly with the most beautiful eyes ive ever seen oh and dont get me started on her mane." Button started to ramble.
Tears of joy started to wellow up in Screwballs eyes.
"And I really want her to be my very special somepony. Button said as he startes to blush.
At this point in Screwballs head you can hear a chior chanting "Hallejah" in the backround and then she couldnt hold it in anymore.

"Oh Button Mash of course!" She yelled to draw attention. But immidietly looked away.
" So youll help me ask out Sweetie Belle?!" Button Mash said exitedly.

And just like that the tears in her eyes wernt joy anymore they were pure sadness.

"W-What?"
" I just said can you help me ask out Sweetie Belle?" Button said coufused.
You could almost feel the heartbreak in the air and see it in her eyes. She just kept on sitting there with a face trying to hold in tears.

"But, Button I.......I....BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAHHAAAA" Screwball screamed as she ran off leaving a confused Button Mash.

"Wow, fillies i will never understand." Button said dumbfounded.

Screwball ran all the way back home. She didnt even pay attention to her mother trying to ask whats wrong. She went up to her room, jumped on her bed and sobbed herself back to sleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the grammar issues. Editors are welcome. Wow a hundred likes on my first chapter.