• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 551 Views, 2 Comments

Marevelous Manehattan - StageQuill



Stagelight Glow has wanted to be an actress since she was a filly. On the way to her first auditon, she meets a handsome stallion on the bus.

  • ...
 2
 551

Law Offices of Fog and Shades

"That was one beautiful mare." Foggy sighed. "If you could have seen her!"

"I can imagine." I answered. I could. The whiff of rose perfume, the softness of a finely brushed mane across my cheek. My built-in radar showed me the rest. But I had no time for beautiful mares. Foggy and I had a law business to start.

"I picked a nice secretary, too." Foggy interrupted my thoughts.

"How lovely."

"She is!"

I smiled. Foggy had done this our entire college year as well. He was always looking at pretty mares. They hardly looked twice at him. Or so he said. Somehow, I believed him.

"Here's our office." Foggy walked me to the door. "You can study the neighborhood later. For now, stay in here. We're on the fifth floor." Foggy herded me into the elevator first. I pressed the the Brailled button with my horn.

"Mr. Fog!" A mare's voice greeted us as we got out. "Oh, and you must be Mr. Shades!" I held out my hoof to shake.

"Meet Caring Page." Foggy said. "And I told you, Miss Page, call me Foggy."

"And call me Legal."

"Then I'm Caring."

"All right. Legal, I'll show you the office?" Foggy opened the door.

I didn't need him. My radar showed it all. But I couldn't give myself away.

Foggy gave me a quick tour... My office, his, our outer room where Miss Page would work. I smelled her perfume there. Vanilla. Expensive, too. The office was small, and in an old building, but we were just starting out. I had noticed a hollow-sounding place in my office when Foggy showed me through. If it was what I thought it was, that would be a big help to my plan. I tried it now. A door swung into a broom closet. Perfect. I arranged the papers from my briefcase on my desk and went to check on Foggy. As I walked in, his stomach grumbled loudly. He giggled slightly, sounding embarrassed.

"Oh Fogs, are you hungry?" I said, as if he was a baby.

"Let's go to Ye Olde Horseshoe Pub." Foggy stood up. "Nopony will come today. It's a really nice place down the block. We can invite Caring too."

I laughed, but then stopped. "No, I'll stay here. I have something to do."

"Should I stay, then?"

"No, you go with Caring. I'll be fine." I waved Foggy off to the pub.

When Foggy and Caring were gone, I set about creating the stallion to avenge my father's death.