• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 10,056 Views, 739 Comments

Rising Sun - Jet Howitzer



OC(2nd person) is introduced to Equestria, and finds new friends, and enemies

  • ...
29
 739
 10,056

Chapter 14

You wake up a scant few hours later, with a pounding headache, and a ray of sunlight across your face. You rub the sleep from your eyes, and slowly push yourself into an upright position. As you become more aware of the room around you, you notice six pony shaped lumps strewn across the floor. It would appear that they brought you here before falling asleep in the room.

You slowly crawl out of bed, before making your way to the bathroom. When you get there, you quickly fill up the sink with some water, and then splash it on your face. Your eyes are bloodshot, and one eye is puffy, likely from a bruise acquired while unconscious. You spend a few more minutes examining your appearance before you step away, and head to the kitchen.

You check your supplies, and then begin whipping up some breakfast for everypony. You get lost in the process, and don’t hear as a pony approaches from behind, and embraces you. You turn to see who it is, and are surprised to see Applejack. She gives you another hug, and then she steps back.

“Well, you’re up early, AJ.” She just gives a smile, before responding.

“It ain’t nothin’ Ah’m not used to. Ah usually wake up early on the farm.” You nod in understanding. You turn back to your cooking, and continue scrambling the eggs that you put in the pan. A silence descends on the room, broken only by the sounds of cooking. Finally, AJ speaks up.

“So, when are y’all gonna do something about that dare Spike made?” You almost drop the spatula you’re holding as you turn around.

“What?” You reply, elegant as always.

“Well, y’all did get dared to take us all out, so you’ll have ta do it.” She gives you a smile as she finishes. You turn back to the cooking with your mind racing. You had, quite understandably, forgotten about that dare. You finish up the first batch of eggs, and look over at Applejack. She’s sitting at the small table you have in the kitchen, and she’s just watching you.

“I, honestly, forgot all about that. Given what’s happened I think that’s understandable.” She nods at that. “But I guess that I will have to see through with it. But just one date with each of you won’t be enough, in my opinion, to get to know each of you. Instead, I offer a counter-proposal. I will spend a week getting to know each of you. That way I will be able to actually get to know you before I get too involved with anypony, Rainbow included.”

“That’s probably one of the smartest and dumbest things Ah’ve ever heard a pony say.” You open your mouth to question that, but she continues. “I understand where y’all are comin’ from, yer eggs are burnin’,” you quickly look back to your eggs, and take care of them before they burn up. Applejack continues as you tend to the food., “Ah can see what’s goin’ on between you and Dash, and Ah don’t want y’all to mess it up just fer us. If y'all think that you'd be happiest with Rainbow we'd all understand.”

“AJ, as of yet there is nothing officially going on between Dash and I. I know what it looks like, but we haven’t actually done anything, so I don’t have a problem going out with, or getting to know, any of you. And what the hay, I figure that there’s no time like the present to get started.” AJ gives you a puzzled look for a moment, before realization dawns on her face.

“Are you askin’ me out?”

“Yeah, I am. I know it’s soon, but I want to do it before the rational part of my mind kicks in.” She blushes deeply as you speak, but then she gets up, and walks over to you, and looks you right in the eyes.

“I’d love to go out with you.” She gives a quick you a quick nuzzle on the neck before she steps back blushing. “Ah’ll go wake the others fer breakfast.” With that she trots out of the room, and heads upstairs. You figure that she’s going to do more than wake the others, so you take a moment to get the table prepared. As you finish setting the table, the others start coming down the stairs with grins on their faces. Rainbow has one too, which is somewhat surprising.

You begin setting out the food as they all get seated. You balance the few bowls on your wings, and head, and place them on the table. The only seat unoccupied is next to AJ and Twilight. You smile to yourself quickly before taking your seat.

The meal is pleasant, and the others ask you if you are feeling okay after what happened. You were expecting much more after what happened, but you guess that they expect you to talk about it when you are ready. You admit that while you are shaken up by what occurred you are ready to continue your life. They agree wholeheartedly with that, and the rest of the meal goes by in relative silence.

As everyone finishes they begin departing, as they have things to take care of. Finally, after everypony has left it is just you and AJ in your house, still seated at the table. Despite your earlier confidence you are now not so sure about what you are doing. It must show on your face, because AJ has a concerned look on her face as well.

“Somethin’ wrong sugarcube?”

You shake your head before responding, “No, I’ve just realized what I’m doing. Here I am, a pony without a past, and I’ve got six of the most beautiful mares I can think of attracted to me. I’ll be honest with you Applejack, I’m really nervous.”

She gets up, and pulls you over to the couches in the living room. She pushes you onto it, and then takes a seat next to you, and leans into you. “Y’all just need to do what comes naturally. Past or no, this is something that should just happen.”

At first you feel slightly tense, but you slowly relax, and just enjoy her presence. After a while her breathing slows, and becomes very regular. You crane your neck, and see that she has fallen asleep against you.

As you think about it the magnitude of what has happened strikes you. She is so comfortable around you that she has no problems whatsoever just falling asleep, not only with you, but with you as her pillow/mattress. You are touched by the sentiment for a moment.

You lie back, and just enjoy AJ’s presence, and you feel yourself falling asleep.

******

You wake a few hours later, and AJ is still lying against you. You shift position slightly, to make yourself more comfortable, and she moves off of you, before looking at you.

“Guess we both dozed off fer a bit there. Ah Never thought Ah’d fall asleep in another pony’s arms.” She blushes deeply at that last part, and you give her a smile.

You get up off the couch, and stretch your legs a bit, before looking back to AJ. “I don’t see why you would think that. You’re a beautiful mare, and I’m certain that there are tons of colts who would love to be with you.” Her blush deepens even more as you say that.

“Ah know that, Big Mac tells me all the time how many colts there are after mah heart, but Ah want to find the one that’s right fer me.” You give her a smile, and she smiles back.

“I’m certain that one day you’ll find that certain special somepony. But for now, I guess I’ll have to do.” You both chuckle at that. “So, is there anything you’d like to do? For at least a week I’m all yours.”

She sits down, and thinks for a while. “How about we just go on a nice walk through town, and enjoy the peace and quiet? What with the excitement of the past few days this should be a nice change of pace.”

“That sounds good to me. Maybe afterwards we can get some dinner somewhere, or maybe just come back here and have some dinner?”

She agrees, and heads over to the door. You run to the kitchen quickly to make sure that everything is taken care of, before you head to the front door, and open it for AJ. She walks through, and you follow right behind her.

Your walk through town is pleasant, and peaceful. AJ seems to enjoy herself, and so you feel good too. Eventually you end up in the park, sitting on a bench beneath a large tree.

You stay there for a while, just watching the sun make its trip across the sky, and slowly set. As the sun finally sets you stand up next to AJ, and ask if she’d like to have some dinner at your house.

“Ah’d love to have some dinner. Although Ah think Ah’ll take care of dessert.”

She gives you a grin that sends a blush to your cheeks, and so you grab her hoof, and head back to your house. This dinner will likely be much more than you bargained for, but oddly enough, you seem okay with the idea.

(Well, here ya go. Enjoy, and be sure to comment if you feel the urge. Also, take a look at my blog posts, I have some pertinent info up there.)