• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 10,056 Views, 739 Comments

Rising Sun - Jet Howitzer



OC(2nd person) is introduced to Equestria, and finds new friends, and enemies

  • ...
29
 739
 10,056

Chapter 11

(Bam, new chapter.)

You emerge once more into the land of wakefulness, and are greeted by a warm embrace. Your mind seems unusually sluggish, and you struggle to put everything together. You remember a piano, and playing a song. As your mind is assembling what it knows, it hits the brakes.

You are being hugged!

You roll over, and come face to face with Rainbow Dash. She’s lying there, with a contented look on her face while she gently sleeps. The initial panic you had at being in bed with somepony quickly fades, and is replaced by a profound sense of relief, tinged with something deeper. You try to find the words for it, but none come.

You notice her eyes flutter briefly, and then they open. Only now, as she wakes up, do you realize the absurdity of the situation you are in. Here you are, in bed with Rainbow, and your faces are mere inches apart. Her face rapidly gains a deep crimson color, but she remains where she is. You just keep staring, determined not to be the one to make the first move. It is your bed, after all.

You look into her eyes, and find yourself getting lost in their depths. With a mental shake you stop yourself. You declared impartiality towards them all, and now you find yourself attracted to one in particular? What kind of neutrality is this? Suddenly, though, your train of thought is interrupted, as you feel Rainbow’s lips pressed firmly against yours.

This kiss is so different from the one before. That one had a mild desperation to it, mingled with the passion. This one, however, is pure passion. You resist for a moment, before giving in and reciprocating. It lasts for a few minutes, before you finally break the kiss.

Rainbow’s eyes are shimmering, and you can’t seem to look away. Somepony has to say something, so you decide to do it.

“Rainbow, I…” Wow. That was the most graceful thing you could think to say? You start mentally berating yourself for being such an ass, before she gives you a hug, and starts speaking to you.

“I know you wanted to remain impartial, but I can’t help it. There’s just something about you that makes me crazy. When I look at you, I just feel so happy, and I don’t want to risk losing it all.” She starts to cry a bit, before she continues. “When you played that song last night, I realized that it was the first time anyone has ever done something like that for me.”

You are surprised to hear this, especially from somepony like Rainbow. “Surely you’ve had coltfriends before me. Right?”

“Yeah, but they all left once they got to know me better. When they finally got through my outer layers, and into my heart they realized that I’m not always as confident as I look. Even now, I’m more scared then I can describe.” She starts crying a bit more. “I just want you to know how special you are to me. I’ve known you for less than a week, and yet here I am, gushing my heart out to you.”

Before she can continue, you stop her with a hoof placed gently on her mouth. “Rainbow, I will never judge you for being who you are. I do think that I am falling for you, but I still don’t want to rush. If this love is true, then it will stay strong no matter what happens. If you want to stay here with me, then I’m okay with that.” You realize what you’re saying, and just how much you mean it. It scares you a bit to think that you feel so strongly about her. “I’ll always be there for you Rainbow.” You lean in, and give her a quick kiss, as you move away your hoof.

Her blush deepens even more, before she pulls back some. “Thank you.” That’s all she says before she climbs out of bed, and heads to the stairs. She looks back over her shoulder before she descends. “Weather today is partly cloudy. See you in an hour.” She gives a quick wink before heading down the stairs. A moment later you hear a door close.

You just look at the ceiling for a moment, and collect yourself. You wonder just how you’re going to break this news to the others. That could go very badly…

You slide out of bed, and head to the bathroom. A short while later, and you're in the kitchen whipping up a quick meal for yourself. Before you know it, though, it is time to leave, and so you head out the door, and meet up with Rainbow to take care of the weather. After finishing up you decide to head over to Sugarcube Corner.

As you arrive there are some customers milling about inside the store, and Pinkie and Mr. Cake are running the counter. Pinkie waves to you as you look around, and before too long the other customers are taken care of, and Pinkie heads over to you.

“So, what didja do with Rainbow last night? Anything interesting?”

“No, Pinkie. We didn’t do anything interesting. I played some music for her, and then we went to bed.”

“You played music for her?” You turn around to see Rarity coming in. “I’d love it if you could play something for me! Something sweet, and romantic, perhaps?”

“No,” Pinkie starts, “play something for me! Something fun, and happy!”

“I’d love to girls, but what I played last night for Dash was special. It just kind of happened. I didn’t plan it or anything.”

The expression that passes across both of their faces shows that they clearly see what is going on, and neither of them persist in the matter, for which you are quite grateful. They head over to the counter, and quickly descend into hushed whispers, and quick glances. You don’t pay any attention to it, and instead speak with Mr. Cake.

“Hi, Mr. Cake. How are you today?”

“I’m feeling quite well, thank you. What can I do for you today? Looking to place a special order?”

“Actually yes. I’d like a cake, big enough for two. No larger, though. In the shape of a heart.” Mr. Cake raises an eyebrow as you say that.

“Is this for a certain special somepony?”

“Yeah, although I’m not entirely sure how this will turn out when I give it to her.”

Noticing your mild dismay, he gives you a sympathetic smile. “Just remember, Storm, that nopony will ever judge you for your feelings. Be true to yourself, and your love, and nothing can go wrong. My father told me that before I met Mrs. Cake, and it’s what spurred me on to asking her out that first time.”

He trails off, clearly reminiscing. You wait a moment, before he snaps back to reality. “Anyway, just do what feels right, and things will turn out for the best.”

“Thanks, Mr. Cake. I appreciate it. If you could just make that cake for me, I’d appreciate it. I’ll be by to pick it up in a few days, if that’s okay.”

He nods, and writes up a ticket for you. You grab it, and head over to the girls. “Ladies, I am assuming that you have likely guessed what is going on, and so I’d ask you not to tell Rainbow. I know what I said earlier, but things have changed.”

They both nod, and agree with you, and before long you are back outside, and deciding what to do next. Before you can make a decision, though, everything starts to turn grey, and slow down. Even your own movements are slowing. Your mind keeps going as normal, but everything else is stopped. A figure slowly approaches, the only color amidst the grey.

As he gets closer you notice that he’s a mixture of all sorts of creatures. Nothing about him, or the way he looks, makes any sense at all.

“So, the brave 'wanderer' is in love? But what about the killer hidden inside of you, hmm?”

You find yourself able to move your mouth, so you respond. “I don’t know you, or anything you’re talking about.”

“Oh? But those dreams tell a different story. You killed a man in cold blood, simply because you were told to do so. Was it because of his authority, or did you just fear the repercussions of disobeying?”

“What the buck are you talking about? I was never a part of any army!” You hesitate for a moment, before you realize that you don’t know anything about your past. “I wasn’t part of any army, was I?”

“Oh, you were. I just need a bit more information from your past. Find out just what it takes to push you over the edge, and we can get started. Can’t have you telling anyone, though, so I’ll just wipe this from your mind, and you can go about your business.”

He gives a quick wave of his claw, and everything flashes white.

“Now, where to next?” You rub a hoof on your head. You can't help but feel a sense of Deja vu. You decide that you’ll head home, and just relax some.

(Yep. Discord rears his ugly face once more, to wreak havoc on the innocents of Equestria.)