• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 11,647 Views, 386 Comments

Faster - Einhander



Rainbow Dash is given a chance to make her heart's desire real: to be the fastest pony alive.

  • ...
33
 386
 11,647

II: Rise

FASTER

by Einhander

Pre-read and edited by SpaceCommie and Cola Bubble Gum

New edits by Sharp Spark


Part II: Rise


"Are you okay, sugarcube?"

"Of course she's not alright, Applejack! Just look at those unsightly bruises!"

"Rainbow? Um... can you hear me?"

Dash opened her eyes. Three shapes, white, orange and yellow, hovered over her. She looked around, trying to get her bearings. She saw trees and grass, felt rock underneath her. She blinked her eyes a few times, just to make sure the images didn't swim away.

She focused. The shapes became her friends. Rarity and Applejack were standing over her with concerned expressions. Fluttershy was sitting close to her, holding back tears.

Dash looked down at herself. She was lying on her side in what appeared to be a recently made crater. Then she made the mistake of trying to remember what happened. Her brain filled with jagged memories of a cave on fire, that terrible changeling queen, a voice making a promise, metal hooves and above all: speed. All-encompassing speed.

"Guys," she croaked. "I just had the weirdest dream..."

Applejack rolled her eyes, turned her head and hollered, "Twilight! We found her!"

"Thank goodness!" came a far away voice. "I'm coming!"

Fluttershy smiled, even as the tears she had been holding back started leaking out. "Oh my goodness, we were so worried! We've been looking for you since dawn!"

"Dawn?"

"We waited at your house for— well, for your surprise party, until Twilight spoiled it so it was just a 'party'." Rarity threw a glare at the approaching Twilight. "Then it wasn't much of anything when you never showed up."

"Everypony went home, but I stayed. I didn’t want you be alone on your birthday." Fluttershy was shivering. "You never came home. I'm so sorry if I messed up your timing thing yesterday.”

Dash smiled weakly. "Nothing to apologize for, Fluttershy." She was trying to process all the information. There was something Fluttershy had said that was troubling her.

"Speaking of, where in the hay were you? Glad you're safe, o‘course, but you gave us all a fright."

Dash thought. "Honestly, I don't really know. I was flying, and then... stuff.” She shook her head. “It's all bits and pieces.”

Fluttershy suddenly lunged forward and hugged her. "I was so worried!" Dash blushed, and for a moment there was nothing but a calming softness. Fluttershy continued, "When you weren't there in the morning, I got everypony to help find you and—"

Dash's mind roared back to life and pieced it together. "Morning?! It's tomorrow already?!" She started panicking, shrugging off the hug. "My test! What time is it?"

Twilight landed in front of her. "Dash, I'm so happy you're alright. We—"

"Yeah yeah, everypony was worried, search party, I'm caught up. What time is it?!"

Twilight was taken aback. She paused, then glanced at the sun. "Well, if I'm reading the day correctly, probably... eight o’clock?"

Dash clicked her tongue. "The Wonderbolts test is in fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes to get to Cloudsdale." She glanced up at the sky. "I can do this."

Twilight frowned. "Rainbow, you've got injuries, burns and you look exhausted. Where were you last night?"

Dash blinked again, shaking out her hooves and cracking her neck, and said, "I don't remember where I was, and I don't know about how I look… but honestly, Twi, I've never felt better." She stretched out her wings, pawed at the ground and looked at her friends. "Alright ponies. Gotta fly."

Fluttershy fluttered over to her friend. "Good luck and all, but I also just wanted to say, before you go. Um—"

"Tell me later, Fluttershy? Right now, I got a uniform to earn." With a kick and a grin, Dash was in the air, calling out, "Don't wait up!"

With that, she was gone. They watched her disappear into the horizon in silence.

Fluttershy swallowed and whispered, "Happy Birthday, Rainbow Dash."


It was that evening.

The search party had become a success party, although it was a subdued affair without the rescue-ee. The five ponies sat around a table at Sugarcube Corner, enjoying their desserts and small talk.

Then the doors to the shop flew open, and in strutted Rainbow Dash to a chorus of gasps.

She was covered from head to just above the hoof in a familiar blue uniform, complete with a yellow streak. Grinning like a foal who had just eaten all the cookies in the cookie jar, she walked up to the biggest booth, which held all of her friends.

"Hey Ponyville!" She flicked off her hood to reveal her signature rainbow mane. "How you like me now?"

Rarity, Applejack, Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie stared, all with various stages of cupcake in their hooves or mouths. Jaws dropped. Eyes bugged out.

Fluttershy broke the silence, jumping up from her seat and shouting, "You did it, you did it oh my goodness you did it!"

Rainbow waited for her to run out of breath. "Yes. I did it. Rainbow Dash: Wonderbolt. Goodbye Academy, hello career!"

The rest of her friends followed Fluttershy's lead.

"Magnificent, darling!"

"Proud of ya!"

"I'm thrilled for you, Rainbow!"

"LET'S PARTY LIKE IT'S YESTERDAY WHEN WE ACTUALLY WANTED TO THROW A PARTY!"

It got real quiet. Pinkie looked around at horrified faces. "What?"

"Pinkie, that’s not very nice!" Twilight hissed.

"Why? We all wanted to throw a party for Rainbow yesterday, but she was a no-show, and then we spent all morning looking for her, and now she's here with super great news so it's time for a do-over!"

They all turned to look at Dash, who was blushing. "She's right. I skipped my own party. I wasn't in a good place. But now..." She looked at them, hopefully. "I'd really like to celebrate with my best friends."

Dash found herself overwhelmed with hugs, followed by confetti from Pinkie’s party cannon.

She let out a whoop and the merry-making got started.


Now, that was a party.

Dash stepped out of the bathroom, as Rarity had forced her to take off her uniform after Pinkie's super surprise ice cream sundae surprised everypony by exploding (“That was the surprise, silly!”). Dash was in too good a mood to let whipped cream and chocolate ruin her day, but Rarity was having none of it. ("You MUST take it off and bring it to my boutique immediately. We have a narrow window to save this gorgeous uniform!") She closed the door behind her and found Rarity staring at her once more.

"Rainbow Dash! Why didn't you tell me?"

"What?"

Dash followed her gaze down to her hooves. Sure enough, each of Dash’s hooves had a band of metal around it, shiny white with a slight blue tinge. Dash stared at them and realized that at least part of her crazy dream was true. She looked up and saw Applejack, Fluttershy and Twilight joining Rarity in the staring contest.

Dash cringed. Horseapples. How did I not notice them until now?

"Well, well." Applejack's expression was smugness wrapped in a knowing glance. "Metal plated hooves. Some pony had a wild night in Manehattan last night, didn't ya?"

Dash exhaled, rubbing the back of her neck. "Yeah... I think that is what happened."

"Tres chic, darling. Rarity approves."

"Tray sheik? What?”

Rarity rolled her eyes. "It means that Dash finally figured out how to accessorize."

Fluttershy cooed. "I think they're beautiful."

Twilight was frowning now. "I thought you'd never get shoes, because they'd slow you down."

"As you can see, Twi,” she pointed to her uniform, “these ones don't."

"But—"

The clock tolled ten o'clock. "Okay, cool party, but, I’m out guys!” Rainbow headed for the door, glad for the excuse. "Gotta wash this uniform and get some Z's."

"Worry not, darling." Rarity took the uniform out of her hooves. "I will take care of everything. I would say you have earned a rest. As far as I'm concerned, it's still your birthday."

"Oh, shoot!" Fluttershy gasped. "Um... Rainbow, please don't, um, could you just wait here?"

She vanished into the kitchen. The four remaining ponies stared at one another.

"Anypony know what that was about?" Dash asked.

Rarity nodded at Applejack, who smiled and winked back. “Dash, why don’t ya see if Fluttershy needs any help?”

“Help with what?”

Applejack nudged Dash along. “Just… check on her, sugarcube.”

“Alright, alright!” Dash fluttered her wings. “I’m going.”

Rarity was pulling Twilight towards the front door. “Twilight, let’s leave them be.”

“Leave what who be? I don’t understand, I thought we still had Fluttershy’s ca—” there was more frantic whispering in her ear. “—oh.”

“Yes, darling. ‘Oh.’”


Dash opened the door to the the kitchen quietly, and stopped as she saw Fluttershy bending over in front of her. Fluttershy had her back to the door, desperately trying to salvage her cake. It had cyan frosting, with lots of little rainbows drawn on the surface. And it was tipping over.

“C’mon, c’mon…”

Dash blushed and looked away. Then she heard a dull, wet thud. She turned back to see the cake on the floor, and a shaking Fluttershy.

“Oh… oh… sugar!

It was the most adorable swear that Dash had ever heard.

A shiver went down her spine, and she had that same cold clarity from the previous night. She knew what she wanted. She remembered what she had wanted to say from the night before, and she was acutely aware that time was passing her by. Every second she didn’t say it was a waste.

“Fluttershy.”

Her friend turned, and immediately hid behind her mane. “Oh, Dash, your cake. I’m sorry, I wanted to— ”

“Fluttershy, listen to me.” Dash walked closer and stared her in the eye. “I almost died last night. I was almost devoured by flame. You know what I couldn’t help thinking?”

“Devoured by flame?” Fluttershy gasped. “Where in Manehatten did you—”

Dash swept her off her hooves and her question was swallowed up in a kiss. Fluttershy gasped in surprise, then melted into Dash’s embrace. When Dash let her go, her yellow coat was practically orange, she was blushing so hard. Fluttershy was practically panting. “Oh my goodness.”

“Shy,” said Dash softly, “I like you. Like, I like like you. I’ve wanted to tell you for years.”

Fluttershy blushed harder, looking away but daring to smile just a little. She wasn’t responding, but she didn’t back away, either.

After a moment, Dash said, a little impatiently, “So… how do you feel about me?”

“Oh, Dash. I’ve always like-liked you…” She gently nuzzled Rainbow’s neck. “I just could never find the words.”

Dash grinned. “Good. Then we just saved ourselves a lot of time.”

They kissed.

Fluttershy blushed, and tried to hide behind Dash’s mane. She melted from a tight embrace to a mushy one, not letting go but leaning against Dash.

And Dash was happy… until her mind asked:

Now what?

Dash blinked.

How long is she going to hold me like this? This is a waste of time. What’s next?

She told her mind to shush. It didn’t work.

What’s next?


Things moved fast from that moment on.

They always had for Dash. Now there were no other options. She couldn't stand it otherwise. Her mind wouldn't let her.

What's next?

It was three months later, and she beat her wings hard, cutting through the air towards Manehattan. She was moving fast enough to be at peace, to quiet her brain from asking the same two word question, over and over.

What’s next?

Dash shook her head. First, there had been her resignation…


"Dash, this is pretty sudden. We—I— always hoped you'd take my job someday. You can't give us two weeks to find a replacement?"

"Sorry, chief, but it's the dream job. My dream. You gotta get that."

"The Wonderbolts can manage without you. I don't know if we can. We're the weather department, not a cupcake shop."

"You'll be fine. I looked ahead, no major storms forecast for two months."

"That's not the point."

"Look, I'm out the door in an hour. It’s a done deal. I can't waste any more time. Let's part ways as friends. Cool?"

"Quite frankly, no. Not cool. I'm not stopping you, but you're our lead weatherpony, and you're quitting with one day’s notice? Forget an hour. There's the door. And Dash?"

"Yeah?"

"You are leaving Ponyville hanging. Just know that."


Her old boss had been a crank, but he wasn’t wrong. The weather really went to nuts after she quit. It wasn’t clear if the Everfree storms had been particularly bad this year, or the new team just stunk. Either way, the weather had become this uncontrolled, barely predictable thing that ponies just had to deal with instead of harnessing. Even today, she had dodged three rogue storms on her way to the city. When she was in charge, that would have been three too many.

She spotted the outer boroughs of Manehattan and banked left, looking for a cloud to land on. The gridlock of air traffic during rush hour should have been enough to distract her mind.

It wasn't.

What's next?

She was trying to get Fluttershy those imported Saddle Arabian flowers she loved, the blue ones you could only get in the flower district.

Okay. After that?

Then she'd fly back in time to make their dinner date for their three month anniversary.

After that? What’s next?

She snarled, "Then you’ll see when we get there!"


"Are you sure you're okay with this? I mean, um, moving in together. It's a big step..."

"Look, Shy. We talked about this. I want to be with you. You want to be with me. We want to be together. You can't do your job up in the clouds, but I can from down here. Easy."

"I appreciate that, Dashie. I really do. But it doesn't feel right to for you to give up so much—"

"Didn’t I just say we talked about it? We're wasting time by living apart. I don't want to miss another moment of our lives together. It’s not like we’re very special someponies or something, we’re just… trying it out. Seeing how it works. No big deal.”

“Um… I’m going to need help moving all the furniture.”

“Got you covered.”

"Dash, I know this may be forward, but, I am excited about...wakingupnexttoyou..."

"Can't hear you Shy."

"...waking up next to you..."

"I know, right? Every day, every moment, is going to be awesome.”

"Hee. I love you, Rainbow Dash."


"Yo!" Dash rang the bell. "Service!" Nopony came. "Roger, Wilco! Anypony? Hello!?"

There was a creak of a door opening, and the wheeze of an old florist pony slowly making his way to the counter. His mane had gone grey, his teeth were false, and his spectacles had spectacles. He looked as old as Celestia, but not nearly as pretty.

"Pops! Alright, I placed an order? Butterfly flowers for Rainbow Dash."

His voice sounded older than time itself. "The power rain boat crashed? What the blazes is a power rain boat?"

She grimaced, looked around the room to find a sign advertising her flower of choice, then held it up in front of the old stallion. "Butterfly flowers,” she said through gritted teeth. “I'm picking up butterfly flowers."

"Oh, that's nice, but I only got a few left, and they're being held for a Wonderbolt named Dash."

Dash stared down at her uniform. She stared back at the florist.

What's next?

Dash's eye twitched.


"Outstanding work, Dash. Just crackerjack stuff."

"Thanks, Soarin’! Just trying to, you know, earn my stripes."

"Well you're certainly doing that. Commuting from Ponyville and always on time, don’t know how you do it. Word of advice, though?"

"Gosh, I'd be honored. Tell me how to fly better!"

"Your flying is fine. Excellent control, near perfect terms, and your speed, just, wow."

"Ohmigosh! Sorry, it's still so weird that I get to fly with the Soarin’!"

"That's just it. You're supposed to follow, not match, the leader. You're still a rookie, rookie."

"Eh heh... sorry. I just get so excited when we fly. It's like the only time I feel relaxed."

"I hear ya. But what are you going to do, outrun the wind? Just ease off the throttle a little. You're showing up your fellow rookies."

"Come on! We're all here to be the best, right? It's not my problem if they can't keep up!"

"You're right, it's mine. And if you ever want the top job, it will be your problem. Follow?"

"I guess so.”

“The Wonderbolts are a team. If we don't fly together, we fail on our own."


Dash thought she deserved a medal for not smashing the flower shop to bits. It had taken a whole seventeen minutes and forty three seconds.

After throwing the bits down and grabbing the flowers in her mouth, she flew out of Manehattan as fast as possible. Speed limits were broken, moving violations occurred. Whatever. They couldn’t ticket a pony they couldn’t catch. Thank Celestia she’d already run her first errand before she went to work, otherwise she’d be late for—

Uh oh.

She looked up as she flew out of the city limits. One of the many skills she had picked up in Wonderbolt training was telling the time by the position of the sun in the sky. And based on the current position, she was late.

Buck!

She refused to be late. Not tonight. Sure, it was just a three month anniversary, but three months was a lifetime. She didn’t want to waste another second. Especially when the sun was going to set forty three minutes from now, and she was still twenty nine minutes away, based on her current rate of speed.

Unacceptable.

Tired but unbowed, she kicked it into high gear. A cold wave swept over her body, and a small part of her brain knew it wasn’t the wind, but she didn’t care. Everything seemed so clear. Her mind was at peace. She knew what she wanted.

Fluttershy...

The flowers in her mouth smelled like jasmine, and at this speed it was like perfume in the air. It smelled like her. But she wanted the real thing, right now. She refused to be late.

The cold wave intensified, and her ears felt like ice. Suddenly, pain seized through her, so much so that she reared her head back while hurtling ahead. Then, as suddenly as it came, nothing.

The cold left, and her ears felt fine. In fact, she was hearing pretty well. She could hear two more rogue storms from a mile away, and adjusted her path accordingly.


Box hidden in her jacket pocket, flowers in her mouth, she dared to look at the sun. It was setting just about… now. Perfect. She knocked on the cottage door.

Fluttershy opened and gasped. Dash was in her formal Wonderbolt jacket, with combed-back mane and flowers in her mouth.

“Thth arth fth yth.”

“I’m sorry?”

Dash took the flowers out of her mouth. “These are for you.”

“Dash, you look wonderful, but… I thought our reservations were for later? I’m, um. Not ready yet.”

“You’re perfect.” Dash smiled, offering her hoof. "Shall we?"

Fluttershy frowned. "I know we live together, but I told you to pick me up at eight. This is dating, there are rules."

"I just need you to step outside. Just take a sec."

Fluttershy hesitated, but Dash looked so adorably eager that she relented and stepped out of their doorway. Dash smiled, leading her by the hoof to a small hill. The sunset was cooperating perfectly.

“Remember that day I asked you to be my timekeeper? At sunrise, the day before my test?”

Fluttershy blushed and looked down. “I still feel so bad about that… I was off by a whole two seconds!”

“No, it was perfect. If that didn’t happen, then who knows if we’d be standing here, watching this sunset…”

Fluttershy smiled and snuggled up close to Dash. “It is nice, isn’t it?”

There was a warm quiet between them. Dash smiled. Then her ears cocked, and she picked up a storm about a mile away. It would be raining soon. She had to move up the timetable.

“Fluttershy, I don’t want to wait any longer.” She knelt in front of Fluttershy, pulling out the box from her jacket and opening it to reveal a pink diamond butterfly necklace. “Fluttershy, will you marry me?”

Fluttershy gasped. “Oh my… it’s so…”

“Beautiful? I know. I saw it, I thought of you, and then I bought it.”

There was a pause as Fluttershy stared at the box.

“This is the part where you say, ‘yes’.”

“Dash…” Fluttershy was shaking. “This is all happening so fast…”

“Isn’t it what you want, Shy? What we’ve always wanted?” Dash took Fluttershy’s hoof. “I like fast. I want fast. There’s so much wasted time. Let’s not waste any more.” She nuzzled her fiancée-to-be's hoof. “I love you.”

Fluttershy hesitated, then swallowed and gave a small smile. “Okay.”

“Is that a yes?”

“Yes.” The smile grew. “Yes. Yes! Yes! YES!” She hugged Dash, kissing her neck. Dash felt warm up and down her body from Fluttershy’s embrace. She purred into Fluttershy’s mane. “Yes, yes— oh! Dash?”

Her new fiancée was staring at the left side of her head. “I didn’t realize you, um, got your ears metal plated too.”

Dash reached up and felt her ears. She could still hear—in fact, she could hear perfectly—but it was definitely metal, just like her hooves.

“I didn’t notice it before. I also didn’t know that was a thing... ponies were doing now, I guess.”

Dash managed a weak smile. “I had a wild night.” She looked away, suddenly self-conscious. “You don’t mind, do you?”

Fluttershy almost yelped with happiness, hugging Dash again. “Aww, I didn’t even know you could be shy!”

Dash was happy.

And terrified.


“Enter.”

Dash trotted into Celestia’s chambers, hesitant. The princess was sipping tea, at a table on her balcony.

“Rainbow Dash, my loyal subject, welcome. I wanted to congratulate you in person on your engagement. Please, sit down.”

Dash glumly obeyed, trying not to look Celestia in the eye. She was staring out at the view, frowning. “Have you noticed there is more storm activity in the past three months?”

Dash shrugged.

Celestia shook her head. “I apologize. Of course, you are a Wonderbolt now, not a weather pony.” The princess put her teacup down. “Twilight told me you had to speak to me right away, but she said you wouldn’t tell her what about.” There was a pause. “If I can be of assistance, I will of course… is there something wrong with your hoof?”

Dash looked down, and saw that her hoof was tapping on the ground. She willed it to stop.

“I also notice that your hooves… and ears… are metal plated.” Celestia narrowed her eyes. “Dash, what is going on?”

“Nothing. Nothing’s going on. Getting hitched. Great job. I’m fine. I’m great. I’m great and fine. ” Dash kept talking at the same pace, but under Celestia’s stern gaze, she wilted. “I’m not great. I’m not even functional. I need help, princess. I don’t know what to do.”

“Dash…” Celestia reached out her hoof. “Talk to me. If I can help, I will.”

“I just… everypony is just so slow.

“Slow. Like they’re slowing you down?”

“No like, it’s like they’re… moving at half speed. Quarter speed. In the grocery story. At restaurants. When Pinkie bakes a pie. When Applejack pours out cider. When Fluttershy does... well, anything. Like they don’t have a care in the world. All those wasted moments.” She rubbed her metal tipped ears. “I only feel at peace when I’m flying now. Otherwise, it’s like I’m in mud or something. Even just now, waiting to see you, it felt like it was taking hours.”

Celestia frowned. “I am sure it was only five minutes.”

“I know!” She slammed her hooves on the table. “But that’s what it feels like! Even in like, my bedroom, with my alarm clock, I could hear the seconds disappearing. Creeping away from day to day. I could hear them, princess! I could…” She went to grasp her ears, then stopped, returning her hooves to the table.

Celestia watched Dash for a moment. “Does the name Proteus mean anything to you, Rainbow Dash?”

Dash’s eyes went wide. “How? I didn't even..."

"Dash, please. I promise I will help, but you must be honest with me. You met this being, did you not? And he mentioned me, yes?"

Dash looked down at her hooves. "He said—well, it, I guess, it said—that it granted a wish for a white pony that wanted to be the sun. And her sister, who wanted to be the moon. I thought it was just bragging."

“No, Proteus does not lie. It omits, certainly, but no lies." The princess sighed, her eyes casting to the floor. "My mane wasn’t always like this, you know.”

Dash bit her lip. "Did it hurt?"

Celestia shrugged. "Physically? No. Emotionally? I lost my sister to madness for a thousand years. Our parents are gone. Starswirl, my trusted student and then adviser, gone. Not a day goes by, even when I am basking in the glow of my Sun and my subjects, that I do not wonder…” She shook her head, closing her eyes.

Dash had never felt so low, or selfish. "Jeez, I didn't even... I'm so sorry, princess. You always are so happy and calm, I, I forgot you're a pony too."

The princess laughed, although there was little of the usual merriment to it. "We are not here to talk about me. We are here to try to help you. What did you wish for, Rainbow Dash?”

The words barely escaped her lips. It seemed so silly now. “I wanted to be faster.”

"Faster? Are you not already 'fast'?"

"It was my last chance to become a Wonderbolt, and my run times were getting longer and longer. I guess I waited too long to enter the academy, and going from cadet to actual bolt is... well, it's tough and..." Dash felt herself wanting to bolt underneath the princess's gaze, but she pressed on. "It wasn't fair, okay? I was getting older, and slower, even though I was busting my chops! I just wanted to level the playing field, and I told Proteus, I told him, just make it so if I keep working I'll never slow down, never stop-"

Celestia's eyes hardened. "You said that? Is that exactly what you said? Going faster forever?"

Dash closed her mouth. Her words came back to haunt her.

"I work harder than anypony else at flying. It’s bucked up that I can work hard and just maintain my speed, or see it slip. It’s not fair! If I get stronger, fly better, and try harder, it’s only fair that I get faster. Not slower."

Argument rose up again in Dash's throat, then died in the face of Celestia's gaze and voice.

"Think, Dash. Did the orb not warn you what might happen?"

The overpowering words from the orb flashed back into her mind.

Your request might take you beyond the lifetimes of your friends and family. There is no other way. And for some, that is too long.

The reality, the foolish all-encompassing reality of what had she asked for, settled into Dash's brain. She nodded weakly.

Celestia sighed. “Forever is a very long time, Rainbow Dash."

Dash forced her mouth to open and seven words came tumbling out. "What's next? What's gonna happen to me?"

Celestia said nothing for a moment or two. She cleared her throat. “The metal on your hooves is orichalcum. It is magical, it is powerful, and based on your appearance now, it will spread if you don’t stop this madness. You will be immortal, and ‘faster’, but you will never know the beating of your own heart again. There will be nopony faster than you, but you will be... like me. A pony, but not. Ponies are born, they live, they die. So it will be for your friends, and your future wife. But you won't. That’s how this story ends.”

Dash held her head in her hooves. “Stupid glowing rock freak show jerk…”

Celestia arched an eyebrow. “Proteus told me the price. I cannot believe you were not told as well.”

“Well… yeah, but nopony said I’d become a tin can!”

Celestia's lip quivered for a moment, and her brow furrowed. She looked Dash right in her eyes. “Nopony forced us. You chose, Rainbow Dash. So did I. So did Luna. So did—”

“Queen Chrysalis. I know.“ Dash stared at her princess. “I think I’ve really bucked up,” she whispered. “Can you help me?"

"Perhaps." Celestia leaned back in her chair. “The effects take time, as you can see. They are reversible if you act immediately. But you must do exactly as I say.”

Dash's eyes lit up. "Anything, princess. Anything!"

"You say that now, my little pony." Celestia sipped her tea. "But it won't be easy."

Author's Note:

I have added just a little bit more than what was entered for the contest.