• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 710 Views, 7 Comments

Story Of An Alicorn: Luna's Nightmare - Applepip

  • ...
1
 7
 710

The Battle Looms!

Valder was left stunned staring into the eye's of Celestia, as her guard crowded around him shouting orders he didn't hear.

“Enough!” Celestia shouted, her guards retreating from her voice. “Who are you? And why do you look like me?” Celestia asks Valder, every ounce of her was showing fear but she was not ready to give in to it.

“Princess, maybe this is a question meant for private conversations.” Wood Cutter states.

Celestia looks to Cutter and back to Valder, “Very well, bring him to the Town Hall; our conversation will continue there!”

Celestia and Wood Cutter turn around and start to walk back to the Town Hall, Valder felt a sharp object stab into his ribs; looking round he sees the unmoving eye's of one of the towns militia. He gets up and follows the guards thinking over in his head exactly what is he going to tell the princess.

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~\


“Luna!” Saw shouts, “Where are you?”

“I'm here!” Luna calls from one of the back rooms.

Saw runs in almost knocking over her uncle.

“Whoa! Calm down girl, Looks like you've seen a ghost!” Clear Cutter states.

Saw ignores him and continues for Luna.

“Luna, you have to come with me!”

“What's the matter Saw?” Luna asks.

“It's your father, the town guard has him prisoner!” Saw replies, panic settling over her face.

“What!?” Luna shouts, “On what grounds?”

“Apparently, he changed shape to mimic Princess Celestia!”

'Oh no! Father, what have you done?' Luna thinks. “Take me to him!” Luna finally says.

“I can't! The guard has him in the town hall, It's off limits; even to me!” Saw States.

“Please can you take me there?” Luna asks.

Saw looks to her uncle, shock evident even on his face.

“OK, but you already know the way.”

“I know but with you by my side, I might appear less of a threat.” Luna replies.

“What!?”

“Long story Saw, now is not the time though! Please we need to go!”

Saw just nods as they head out the door into the main street, Saw's uncle calls out but they were to far away to hear him.

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\


“Now that we are in more...Private setting, I expect you to answer my questions!” Celestias face was a mixture of anger and caution. “Again I shall ask, Who are you? And why do you look like me?”

Valder looks around the room, It was a small room probably centred around interrogation than comfort; several shelves of vials adorned each wall. Valder snapped back as he felt a hoof hit him across the face.

“The princess asked you a question!” Wood Cutter Shouts, while nursing his hoof.

“May I remind you Mr Cutter, I promised I was not a threat and I meant it; but if you ever hit me again you better mean more than just causing me pain!” Valder says, calm though angry.

Wood Cutter reels back, shock stunning him for several seconds. “No It-It can't be! Mr Valder!?”

“Yes, Mr Cutter.” Valder Looks to Celestia, “to answer your questions princess, My name is Valder and I look like your because I am an alicorn!” Valder looks back to Wood Cutter, “And this is my true form. The pegasis was just a disguise.”

“That's impossible! Me and my sister are the only alicorns alive! We would have sensed you!” Celestia says, though her anger has slightly dropped.

“And you would be right princess, you and Luna are the only alicorns alive; at this time!” Valders explanation catches both Wood and Celestia off guard.

“What do you mean at this time?” Celestia asks, now more curious than angry.

“What I mean princess is that I am from another time, far into the future; I came back to witness an event that changed the history of Equestria.” Valder looks down at the ground, “However the events transpiring here do not coincide with the historical facts! For instance princess you didn't come here to Erlincolt until after the battle takes place! Yet here you are now standing in it's town hall.”

“And who wrote these historical facts?” Celestia asks.

“Your sister, Princess Luna.”

“My sister! How?”

Before Valder can answer the door to the room opens revealing Saw and Luna, “Father!” Luna shouts out.

“Luna!” Valder calls back then just realising his mistake.

Celestia looks at the new white unicorn with confusion, Valder realises Celestia didn't hear him call Luna 'Luna'. Luna stops and looks at her sister, every inch of her remembers how Celestia was so confident and a little bit ruthless. Luna steps between Valder and her sister.

“I won't let you hurt him!” Luna says.

Celestia taken aback by this recent intrusion, smiles.

“And who might you be?”

“I'm Valders daughter, we came here together to escape the chaos army.” Luna replies.

“Even so this was a private conversation, also he looks like me! Something I am curious to find out about.” Celestia says turning and looking out of the window.

Valder sat silent during the exchange of words, but he was also confused as to why Luna was now appearing to him in her disguise and not her normal form.

“My daughter,” Valder finally says getting Celestia to turn. “The princess has not harmed me and does not wish to harm me! Also this could prove to be the opportunity we have looked for.”

“Father, what do you mean?”

“According to the historical facts, Princess Celestia was not supposed to be here before the battle yet here she is. Maybe it is a sign that we should help her!” Valder gives Luna a wink.

“What! But...But that's not possible! The scrolls mention her to be miles away at this time!” Luna looks to Valder and he gives her a small nod, she smiles and continues. “No! Something must be wrong either the historical texts were incorrect or something was hidden, to conceal the truth!”

Celestia just sits patiently, listening to Valder and Luna play out their ruse.

“Believe it or not, I was not going to visit this town as I had a lot of preparations to do for the battle. But I had this feeling, that I had to visit Erlincolt or I would never see it!” Celestia adds in.

Valder thinks about this for a moment, then came to a conclusion that this game of Darksides, is not going to play according fact.

“Luna, I think this memory of yours Is being altered by Darkside. If Celestia is here now and she wasn't before, I can speculate that the battle won't follow the same rules as it did before.” Valder whispers to Luna.

“I'm starting to get that feeling Father too, but how can we survive if we don't know what's going to happen?” Luna replies.

“I don't know myself, but maybe by helping Celestia; we can up our chances!”

Valder looks to Celestia while standing to his full height, with Luna standing by his side.

“Princess Celestia, how would you like another alicorn in your army?”

“I wouldn't say no! But how can I trust you?” Celestia walk up to Valder and looks him square in the eye. “How do I know you won't turn on me when my backs turned?”

“Because princess, I also want what is best for Equestria and my daughter!” Valder puts one of his wings around Luna getting her to sigh in response.

“Very well, I will take you back to my camp and both me and my sister will see what you are capable of.” Celestia goes to walk pass Valder but stops, “will your daughter be coming?”

“Yes your highness, I made a promise to her mother to keep her from harm and the best place for her is by my side!”

“Good, I know the importance of family.” Valder notices a small gleam of regret pass Celestias vision before she continues. “My sister is all I have and I can respect your decision.”

Valder nods to Celestia as all three bar Wood Cutter leave the room, as the three ponies walk down the short flight of stairs leading out the front door of the town hall; they can't help but see militia and guard running around almost frantic.

“Princess!” A guard shouts.

“What is it? Why is everypony panicking?” Celestia asks her guard.

“Your highness the chaos army has arrived! They are outside the town now! We have no escape!” The guard says, clearly he has not been in a battle like this before.

“Guard! Calm down and tell all of the towns militia they are now under my command! Go now!”

“Yes princess!” The guard salutes and runs off.

“Valder, his offspring; I am indeed in need of your help, does your offer still stand?” Celestia asks, turning to Valder and Luna.

“Yes, princess; it does!” Valder replies, seeing Luna nod beside him.

“Then I need you to make sure all the towns remaining civilians are looked up tight and protected, can you do this?”

“Of course your highness, we will go at once!” Valder salutes and takes off with Luna following close behind.

“One thing I have to say, this version of Celestia; Is really scary!” Luna says.

Valder and Luna share a small laugh, but grow more determined as Saw's uncles house comes into view.


/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\


Darkside let's out a large yawn, “Ugh! This is getting boring! When Celestia turned up I thought things were going to heat up! But now they have fizzled out again!” He turns to Nightmare, “by the way, sending in Celestia early was a good touch; almost makes me wish I thought of it!”

Nightmare looks to him, a confused look crossing her face.

“I didn't send her in! I thought you did it!?”

“What!?” Darkside looks back to the mirror, “Interesting! It seems our little game is adapting to the memory intrusion. No matter we will just up the fun and see where it goes from there!”

Darkside points his horn to the mirror and says as he blasts a small beam of energy into it, “Brace your self my brother, things are going to get messy!” Darkside laughs followed by Nightmare Moon.

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

Wood Cutter sits at his desk thinking over the events that has just transpired. How long has Valder been here? How will the battle play out? Will his militia be ready? Those are but a few of the thoughts crossing his mind before he was interrupted.

“Sir! Shouldn't we be joining our men?” Maximus asks.

“Why? It seems the princess has everything under control, besides I bet she has commandeered my militia; so there's not much I can really do.” Cutter replies.

“Sir! I don't care what the princess says, you are my commander and I will follow you to my death!”

Wood Cutter stands up and walks to his friend, putting a hoof on his shoulder.

“I know my friend, what would your father say if he was alive today eh?”

“He would probably kill me before saying how proud he was of me.”

“That he would, so shall we see what the princess has in store for us?” Wood Cutter asks, giving Maximus a smile.

“Yes sir!” Maximus salutes, before both of them walk out laughing.

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\


Valder and Luna approach the house holding the last of Erlincolts civilians. Valder turns to Luna as he thinks his normal form maybe to shocking for the ponies inside.

“Luna, I think you should knock; in this form I maybe too...How should I put it...Scary!” Valder says gesturing to himself.

“OK Father, if you think that is best.” Luna replies as she walks up and knocks on the door.

“Yes! Who is it?” A familiar voice asks from the inside.

“It's Luna and Valder!” Luna replies.

“OK then! Just a minute!”

Multiple locks are heard undoing, then the door slides open revealing Clear Cutter.

“Hello dear! What brings you back here?”

“We came to check on you, and warn you that...” Luna trails off.

“...To say that the chaos army has arrived.” Valder says moving into view.

Clear Cutter just stood dumbfounded, clearly he was expecting somepony much smaller.

“Um...Luna dear? Who is that?” Clear asks.

“My father! Valder,” Luna replies with a stern face.

Clear takes a few moments to look Valder up and down.

“Well, you certainly have grown...a lot!”

Valder smiles, “What you see here Mr Cutter is my true form, the pegasi was just a disguise.”

“Disguise for what?” Cutter asks.

“That is not important now, the chaos army is here and we have been sent by the princess to help in the defence of the town.” Valder says.

“Oh, well! we are all safe here. The basement is reinforced so it would take a lot to get to us.” Clear Cutter says looking back into the house then back to Valder, “But between you and me. I think with you helping I don't think we can lose!”

Valder laughed at that. “I'm only one pony, I can't be everywhere at once.”

“I maybe some earth pony in a little backward town, but i'm not stupid; Mr Valder. I know what you are, your an alicorn and if your half the power that the alicorns of myth can do; then the chaos army will have a fight on their hooves and claws.”

Valder laughs a little, but turns to Luna. “Luna, I think the civilians are safe here. We should get back!”

“Oh! Before you go can you do me something?” Clear calls after them.

“Sure.” Luna replies.

“Can you give the chaos forces a beating for all of us!”

“We can try, but you should all have plans to escape if things get to much!” Valder says.

“We will I promise you that!” Clear gives them a wave off and closes the door again.

Valder turns to walk back to the town square, Luna quickly falls in by his side.

“Well, one good thing will come of this!” Valder says.

“What's that?” Luna asks.

“At least we know Clear survives!”


/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\


The chaos army sets up camp on the outside of the town, the camp contains many different types of creatures. The bulk of it seemingly made of small black winged creatures. Many creatures just sit sharpening weapons or making sure their equipment and armour is fitted tight. Standing on the hill over looking Erlincolt stood three figures, eyeing their next prize.

“How longer do we have to wait my men are restless!” Says a large Minotaur covered in scars, and wearing a large axe over his back.

“Your men are always restless!” Replies one of the small black winged creatures clad in armour, also sporting some small hatchet axe on his belt.

“You better watch your tone whelp, I fought in more battles than you have brethren!” The Minotaur turns and points to the camp.

“You just try it! Then you'll see why i'm not a servant like the rest of my kind!” The creature flies up to be eye level with the Minotaur.

Before the two can come to blows, the figure standing in front of them turns.

“When you two have quite finished, we have more important matters!” The figure states. By its look the figure was a unicorn, sporting a horn jutting out from a helmet covering the pony's face. The armour he wore was black with blue highlights, but he carried a air of dread almost causing the very air to drop in temperature.

“Sorry Lord Frost, it won't happen again!” The Minotaur says bowing to the figure.

“Make sure it doesn't Axe Hammer, I won't warn you again!” Lord Frost says.

“I too apologize Lord! We are just eager to fight!” The winged creature adds.

“I know you are Black Wing! But we must be cautious, the princesses army won't be far away!” Frost turns to look at the town again.

“Black Wing, I have an assignment for you! That town though it is not our objective, I want you to take three full battalions and when the battle starts; take the town!”

“Yes Lord! I will go and assemble the force now!” Black Wing takes off after bowing his superiors.

“He is a nuisance! Why do you even keep him around?” Hammer asks, crossing his arms.

“He maybe a nuisance, but he is useful; anyway, I have a special assignment for you!” Lord Frost turns to a table set up behind them, unfolded is a large map of Erlincolt.

“How did you get a map of the town sir? If you don't mind me asking?”

“I have my sources!” Frost looks to the Minotaur with an angry look, causing the Minotaur to walk back a step. “Anyway...” Frost points to a building on the map. “...This is the main building for the town, it is also the head quarters of the town's militia. The leader is called Wood Cutter.” This made both of them laugh for a second. “Don't underestimate him! He commands great respect from his men and he is also the towns mayor.” Frost pulls away from the map and looks to his subordinate. “I want you to kill him before the battle starts! Are you up to the task?”

“I was born ready! I am your hand Lord; point and I will kill for you!” Hammer replies.

“Good! Good! Now go you don't have much time,” Frost says turning back to look over the hill once more.

Lord Frost stands quietly, watching the town; he hears the Minotaur take off and smiles.

“Today this will all burn, and it will be glorious!”