• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 5,652 Views, 455 Comments

Fallout Equestria: A Changeling Perspective - Iridescence T Wind



Aria Web, AKA Experiment 1993-13, must brave the Equestrian Wastelands in order to survive away from her previous life. But what awaits her in the Wastes when Almost everything is trying to get you killed?

  • ...
34
 455
 5,652
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 13 )

augh the pain in my heart knowing who maul is, and also how sad Mutually Assured Destruction is. it always starts for unreasonable reasons. damn man ima be sad now.

Always nice to see a new chapter, doubly so to see that Trix-E has not been forgotten.

Though i'm beggining to wonder if Aria will ever get around to finding that backup file in the Pipbuck, because i would love to see Trix-E brought back; she was great fun to have around. Although, i imagine her new body would have to omit that nigh indestructible but hyper explosive unobtainium she was originally built out of, since i recall that stuff being explicitly stated to be stupidly rare, even before the world got nuked to hell and back; i guess Trix-E would just have to get by with a body of hardened steel or some such

D'awww. Seems Maul has a soft spot for his little wasteland heroine. This was a much needed moment for them. Hopefully it'll help them grow.

I look foward to the next chapter. Stay classy!

Everyone needs a good cry once in a while. And maul probably appreciated that aria cleaned him up .

Well that was an interesting reveal of Maul's identity.

With all these questionable things being brought to light about scientists during the war, it brings up the question to me why were things so bad in Aria Web's Stable? It sounds less and less like what a Stable would have been plan'd by the CMC, and more like something all the scientists that she has met out on the wastelands would think of.

Was Aria's Stable hijacked or was it simply told to do one thing and they chose to do another thing?

Wow awesome chapter and the feels

9625088
For inspiration in regards to Changeling Treatment, I've been majorly influenced by the initial treatment of Thorax as well as the Canterlot Wedding when I was first writing, Alongside Equestrian Xenophobia in regard to Zecora, as well as Rarity/Twilights skepticism's and fears during the Dragon Migration. While I've been ignoring most of the content that came after season 3-ish, due to how it was wrote similarly by Kkat, I've occasionally added bits here and there. Funnily enough though, with my knowledge of literature tropes, it seems I predicted the glowing wings bit. More on that later though since I was going a different path than 'evolving the entire species into absolutely innocent and precious vibrant beetles'. We already have a shiny pretty-pony race. Crystal Ponies. :trixieshiftleft: :trixieshiftright: Its almost like they were brain washed into memory loss of the war they tried to wage on Equestria and just forgot about the troubles of living in the Bad-Lands given some of the recent episodes with the new-six.

9625088
A fun note, since its been a while between commenting on these. There is actually a very similar vault to Arias stable in Fallout 3 with cloning experiments which I originally drew inspiration between and another stable of Fallout New Vegas. The infamous Gary vault which ended up with the original inhabitants being put to the pool cue as the cloning experiment broke down as clones of clones of clones of clones of... ETC. resulted in mental breakdown of stability which only grew worse between each Gary until they could only say their own name and had the mentality of a common raider. The rest of the inspirations come from the Enclave in F3 (Mind controlled Deathclaws anyone?), The Halo books, which detailed Master Chiefs childhood becoming a super soldier, among others. I like to draw inspiration from books and games a long time ago, and it is what drove me into writing fiction when I have (Now very little unfortunately) free time.

9830399
That might actually explain why Arias' Stable seemed to remind me more of a Vault-tech Vault, then a Stable-tech Stable.

The possibility of cloning being used in the Stable has some interesting ideas. If every living being in Arias' Stable is a clone, how would that effect the scientist who instead of being raised, are cloned? It can't be a very stable process if its producing ponies like that.

9831099
The main difference between Arias stable and the one involved in Fallout 3 is that fallout 3 clones a man named Gary, then cloned Garys Clone... Which ended up Cloning Garys Clones, clone. And so far and so on. Arias stable was meant more towards genetic manipulation itself. Its less cloning, and more creating/Modifying in the development artificially made changeling lifeforms from genetic code. Scientist diversity is left blank due to Perspective, but from a meta standpoint, the scientists of Arias stable maintain their population through a specific genetic sequencer in order to not run into a dead end in genetic diversity. This stable is very much the essence of control remade and twisted. A large number of Stables are based off vault concepts, though I find it hilarious how many protagonists come from Stables. I've been working on a few alternate ways to escape the apocalypse as of late, though the fic in progress for that is a story all on its own.

Just finished reading this all up to date. And I have enjoyed it. Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next chapter.

I hope you come back and finish this fic.

I really like this story. Not really sure how to express with words. It's something not commonly found in FO:E stories: reading about Aria and the group simply brings me joy. The author's passion seeps through every line.

It is a real shame there probably won't be more chapters, but at least we get to know the "future" with the blog post. Thank you, Iridescence.

Login or register to comment