• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 647 Views, 6 Comments

Linkin Pony Recharge: The Catalyst - Kaciekk



The world is dying, the new breed is taking control. The Linkin Ponies need to find a new way to live. But how much to they have to sacrifice just for their own lives?

  • ...
2
 6
 647

Chapter IV

It was the next day. The air of the base was just as humid. The ponies worked out some things to do, but most of their jobs were similar. Still CharmingRhythm was the definite leader. It seemed that they would live so scarcely with little resources.

FeatherTune trotted though the meeting room. HyperBlitz was sitting in the first chair. He looked down, depressed, at an empty cup. Feather felt a little sorry that he was the only pegasus who could fly now, but he didn't say anything.

Feather slipped into the food storage room. His auburn eyes glanced around the space. It was hard to imagine that the ponies collected this food over the past months, but how long would the supplies last? Will ponies ever beagle to grow food safely again?

The cream Pegasus flew upward. He glanced at the packages on the top shelf. Feather reached his hoof out and touched one of the plastic packages. He suddenly slipped his hoof, and the package fell to the floor with a soft thud.

Feather muttered quietly to himself with annoyance. He quickly got to the ground to pick up the package. It went halfway under the bottom shelf. He crouched awkwardly and scooped the piece up with his hoof.

Before Feather could get up, something caught his eye. Something had a small glint of light hitting it. Feather reached his forehoof under the shelf and pulled it out quickly shook his leg, covered with dust.

A silver key was at the left side of the cream pony. He looked at it confused for a while. Then he remembered that there was a door that was lock. He picked it with two hooves and fluttered into the meeting room. Luckily, CharmingRhythm was now in there. Feather threw the key on the table.

" I found a key."

Rhythm picked the object up with his magic and eyed it.

Just that moment, the door from the mainroom flew open. "Key!?" BlazingFlair exclaimed loudly.

"Yes, we can check that door now," Rhythm answered his question even before he asked.

Soon enough the other ponies gather around the door. FeatherTune watched carefully as Rhythm twisted the key in the lock hole with magic. Suddenly there was a small click sound. Rhythm opened the door to see stairs leading to darkness.

"I knew it was underground!" Blazing said with excitement. "Lets go!"

"What?!" Feather let out. "What if we can't get out? What if something is down there?"

"We wouldn't get stuck, it's unlocked now," Rhythm told him.

"But what's down there? A bomb shelter? A basement?"

"Feather, that's the reason we're going too look," HyperBlitz said. "Whatever is down there, we will make it beneficial to us."

The stallions started down the stairs and turned right. The two Unicorns used their magic as lights to see. Feather stayed in the back of the group, still unsure. They had to go down about two stories until the stairs stopped. It was a large space, very dark, damp, and rocky.

"What's down here? It's empty..." Echo glanced through the black space. "Who left it? Can we use it?"

"Maybe to hid from Hybrids," Spinning said bleakly. "There's something over there," He used his indigo light to reveal a boulder. "Oh, no, it's just a rock."

"It's all rocks!!!" Feather yelled out.

"And crystals," Rhythm added.

The ponies looked to the floor he lit up by a boulder. There were small crystals that seem to glow blue even without Rhythm's light.

"We have no use for them," Hyper muttered.

"I found another door, but it's locked," Spinning announced.

"We can try the key-"

Rhythm was stopped by the other Unicorn. " I already tried- and yes I took the key. It must go outside, since the ground slopes up and the door is sorta halfway on the ceiling."

"We can try from the outside. We need more light," Blazing spoke.

Rhythm turned around. "Spinning, can you get some candles, and Feather, try the key from the outside."

SpinningNote jumped over. "Yal'righty."

FeatherTune mumbled a bit and took the key with his teeth. He started back up the stairs behind the red-violet pony, but then went outside the base.

He went around the outside in the humid world, gray and all. Feather found a cellar door, it had to be it. It seemed to be on a hill, with patches of broken fence guarding it. The pegasus tried the key in the lock and twisted it a few times. It didn't seem to be working.

FeatherTune was started when he heard a clanking noise, and tried the key again. He heart started to race as the sounds grew louder. He flipped his head around and his auburn gaze became dreadful when he saw Hybrids. He slammed his hooves on the door and yelled like crazy.

"Ayúdeme!Ayúdeme! Por favor! Escúchame!"

Feather had dropped the key, but he had no where to go now. He stopped for a moment and turned around to see the metal and flesh creatures coming towards him. He flipped around one more time to slam on the door, but it was somehow open, probably from a pony inside.

The Pegasus suddenly rolled down the side of the rocks, bashing into his muscles. Feather quickly got to his hooves. The light from outside made it easier to see, and now there were some candles, and orbs of magic. But the orbs of magic wouldn't last long. Feather glanced to his friends with fear.

"Shit," Rhythm let out when he saw the Hybrids, already coming towards them underground.

"Uhhggg... stupid Hybrids!" Blazing groaned.

"We can't leave... maybe we can fight them. There isn't that many. There's like four or five," Spinning explained.

"Yeah! I still haven't got them back yet!" Hyper yelled. "No wing doesn't mean I can't fight!"

"But throwing things works good on them when we really don't want to get hurt. We have nothing to throw-" Echo stared with fear.

"What do you mean! Rocks, duh!" Feather told him, still a bit dizzy.

Blazing then jumped in front of one of the Hybrids, its red eyes glowing. Blazing leaped and smacked the Hybrid on its bare cheek with his hoof. He then went back before the Hybrid could hurt him. There were four other enemies ready to attack the stallions.

Five Hybrids to six ponies, that shouldn't be to hard. Especially when they are so stupid. Feather thought to himself. He watched how Hyper distracted a Hybrid and ran back, while Spinning blasted indigo lasers at it. Feather didn't have any magic, but he had wings. He was the only one with wings.

Echo was standing behind a boulder as a slow Hybrid came towards him. The red pony threw as many rocks as he could. Feather knew that Echo wasn't fond of fighting. Feather didn't fight much either, but if he tried, he would mess up somehow. He couldn't mess up now.

Feather bounced into the air and saw red eyes glowing in the dark space. The metal of the foe creaked as its joints turned. It reached up to grab the Pegasus, but he got away from the grasp. Feather then kicked its head with his hindlegs and flew backwards.

The Hybrid grunted as it followed the cream pony. Feather saw that the side of the ground sloped down. He kept fluttering backwards directing the enemy. Its metal hooves scrapped across the ground as it fell into the pit.

There was an odd sense that Feather had. A burst of wind came from below and he launched upward. He glared down at the Hybrid. The ground around it was glowing! The crystals along the boulders lit up to a blaring blue. The light lit up the whole area, and EchoBeat watched the same as Feather. The ground seemed to engulf the Hybrid. Its body was disintegrating, and soon enough the glow died down, but was still there.

"What the hell what that?!" Feather coughed.

"That came from those crystals," Echo examined. "We can use that power as light, and to hurt Hybrids!"

Feather raced over and placed his hooves on the cold ground. He saw that CharmingRhythm helped Blazing disable a Hybrid with magic. The Unicorn's dark eyes looked to Feather, then widened with fear. Feather turned around and saw another Hybrid. It's pelt almost blended in with the terrain.

Rhythm yelled and the Hybrid came towards him instead of Feather. Blazing was on the other side of the battle now, and didn't notice what was going on. Rhythm galloped quickly away from the dark Hybrid, but it was fast too. FeatherTune scooped up a rock in his forehooves and flew to the scene.

He smashed the rock down on the Hybrid, slowing it down. It seemed dizzy now, and couldn't find its enemy. Rhythm was still running, about twenty yards away. His blue hooves slipped across the uneven floor. He tripped into a pit, where crystals lined. A bright blue glow came about and flashed in the Unicorn's face.

Feather fluttered his way to find his friend. The blue power from the ground shot up like how it did to the Hybrid. Feather landed and saw Rhythm pull himself away from the glow as it faded. The blue-gray pony scrambled and sat on the ground. Blood lined the floor and shined in the blue light. Feather saw that the source of the blood was from his friend's leg. He had no leg.

Rhythm screamed as he saw his disintegrate limb. The blood drained from his right foreleg below his elbow. FeatherTune watched in horror as he got to his side.

"AHH!!!"

"CharmingRhythm!"

"HOLY FUCK!"

"Rhythm!"

"MY LEG!"

Rhythm held his injury with his left leg and still screamed. FeatherTune tried to calm him down, but he was still freaking out. Feather knew that the wound needed to be covered up, or he would loose too much blood.

"Stay here," He told Rhythm.

"What?! What are you doing! FeatherTune! My leg is fucking GONE!" But his words faded out as the Pegasus zipped through the air.

He zoomed up the stairs and into the meeting room. The light was brighter, and it blinded him. Feather snatched a rag from the counter that was meant to clean dishes. He held it between his teeth as he went back to the underground. He quickly found his friend again.

"FeatherTu-"

"Cover your leg!"

Rhythm saw the rag, and his magic quickly picked it up and twisted it around the bloody stub. The clothe wouldn't hold it for long, but it was better than nothing. Rhythm then limped away to the base of the stairs.

Feather met up with the other stallions. The Pegasus scanned the area, and saw that the other ponies were able to stop the rest of the Hybrids just as he got there. Random spots of blue light were coming from the ground. The other ponies took a few good breaths and looked to each other.

"God... these Hybrids are so annoying," Blazing mumbled.

"What is this blue light? It seems to be coming from the earth, and those crystals," Echo stated. "Those Hybrids seem to be vulnerable to it."

Hyper spoke too. "Yeah. It helped us. Well, we could have stopped the Hybrid's by ourselves, but it help us do it much faster."

"It helped us, and hurt us," Feather said in a shaky voice.

"What do you mean?" Spinning asked.

Feather turned to see CharmingRhythm waiting at the base of the stairs. The other ponies turned their heads too.

Hyper saw his missing leg, wrapped up in the bloody rag. "Is his leg...."

All of the ponies could see that Rhythm didn't have half of this right foreleg anymore. The energy from the ground was very powerful.