• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 1,543 Views, 24 Comments

Constantine and the Eternal Night - Jaysteeny



The summer solstice. One of the most celebrated days of the year in Equestria. On Earth, not so much

  • ...
4
 24
 1,543

Part 1: New Moon Rising

Chapter 1: New Moon Rising

The man stared at the dark horizon. “What’s going on?” he thought. Today was the summer solstice, and he had gotten up early to watch the sunrise. “The sun should have risen half an hour ago, but there’s still no sign of it!” There was a pale glow appearing. Last year he was watching the Western horizon, but this was a sign that for once he had gotten it right.

The man’s name was George Arthur Constantine, about 5 point 8 feet tall, with short brown hair. He was dressed simply, in a pair of camo cargo shorts, with a camera and multi-tool in pouches on his belt, and a plain grey t-shirt. He was cleanly shaven, and had electric blue eyes that seemed to be trying to take in as much as possible at once. His feet were large and bare, with trimmed toenails to match his fingers. He had always thought the sunrise was a magical moment, particularly on the solstice. He was sad that he had no one to share it with.

It was this moment that he realised something was wrong. He voiced his thoughts, though he was alone and nobody else would hear them.

‘That light…It looks almost like…What’s going o–‘

A blinding flash of white light, direct from the newly risen moon, a scream, then silence.
* * * * * * * * * * * *

The Queen sat in her sister’s throne. It was uncomfortable, but she was relieved by the knowledge she wouldn’t have to endure it for long, soon her own throne room would be built and she could have this temple of tortured memories demolished. She smiled at the thought. Of course Celestia was staying where she was, for a thousand years at least, but she knew eternal night would get old pretty soon. Nightmare Moon would study her sister’s art and one day raise the sun, to show that she cared for her subjects far more than her tyrant sister. She thought that a second moon to replace the sun was a nice touch, until she figured out how to make daytime work.

When she created this mighty tribute to her greatness, however, she needed an impossibly large amount of power, far greater than one universe could provide. While making this monument, she was unaware of the risks involved, and that she could destroy not only her own, but also tens of other universes.

She got lucky. But for one fatal flaw…

(Authors notes) Sorry it's so short, but I did this in like an hour, maybe less. I will write more, this is my first time, however, so please tell me how to improve (other than obviously making it longer) Now, for the questions I'd like to ask if I were a viewer: I had a little trouble with the title, but eventually it came through. As for George, the hardest part was his last name. No, I am not accepting editors, though people I know IRL may be able to help me with finishing a sentence (like what to call Celestia's throne room[ended up being temple of tortured memories]as an insult). So, as I will always do from now on, GOODBYE, PEOPLEZ!