• Published 28th Feb 2012
  • 15,414 Views, 1,388 Comments

One Soldier's Twilight - Dr.Shisno



One soldier's journey back home and discovery of a friend

  • ...
62
 1,388
 15,414

Chapter 20

So there I was, somewhere in the Everfree forest, in what appeared to be Trixie's home, and, on top of that, I was tied to her bed. Certainly not the way I planned my first day on the job, I thought to myself. Trying to capture the target and end up being captured yourself, that's a new one. Each leg was tied up to a separate bedpost, and the rope had begun to rub the skin around it raw, bloody even. The gag in my mouth prevented me from calling out, but it was unlikely I would’ve been heard anyways. New shit, different day, brand new world.... this does not bode well with you, old bean.

Trixie barged into the room with her normal fanfare. "OH! You and Trixie are going to have lots of fun! Trixie is going to make some splendid food, maybe serve up a drink or two..." she plopped herself on the bed next to me. A coy smile formed as she rubbed a hoof on my chest. "Maybe you and Trixie can play a few games?" She laughed as she jumped off the bed. " Oh, of course we're going to be playing a few games!" She stared at me, waiting for a response. "Right, how could Trixie forget." I felt the gag be loosened and then removed.

I waited a few seconds, formulating the thoughts in my head. "I at least want some answers, now."

"Trixie is a good host and will answer your questions," she paced around the bed. "Though it depends on the question, but ask anyways."

"Fine, I guess that's better than I expected." I steeled myself, trying to get my mind to think. I never planned on an interrogation, but I need at least something out of this conversation. "I thought you were some side-show magician; run outta town by an Ursa Minor."

"Those were the days of the Great and Powerful Trixie, watching my previous home destroyed along with my reputation by that Twilight Sparkle..." for a moment she had a look of furious disdain, but it went away as fast as it appeared, "but for now, it's just Trixie. For now. Trixie has grown, she has learned. Living in the Everfree Forest in exile, I had to pass the time somehow. So I practiced magic. Preying on the occasional passerby has it's benefits, a good laugh here and there, but Trixie misses her show."

"Which is why you started making other ponies puppets?"

"Puppets is such a harsh word. Trixie made them actors on the stage! Trixie wanted to share the joys of being a star on the stage."

"That still doesn't explain the large glowing bears and making other ponies see their loved ones."

"Trixie just wanted to share the fear she experienced with other ponies." Trixie tapped her hoof on her chin. "Maybe the Ursa Minor was a bit excessive, but it was just an illusion and good practice."

"Now what about the loved ones? You sure know how to get in pony's head."

A smug smirk appeared on her face. "That took a bit for Trixie to master. Put a pony in a sense of apprehension, nervousness, fear," she climbed back on the bed, straddling me, " and their thoughts and memories become scattered, easier to access." She laid her head on my chest, listening to my heart beat furiously through my uniform. "Now, Philosopher or Toby, however you want to be called. What about you? Trixie doesn't know much about you, apart from what's she's seen in your head." She propped her head on one of her hooves, the other drawing circles on my chest. "Trixie knows that you are... together with that despicable Twilight Sparkle, which made capturing you quite fun and irritating at the same time. To take the form of one Trixie despises so much to capture you..." She wanted for me to respond, but got nothing.

“What about me?” I fidget nervously under her. “Where do I fit into the picture here?”

She waited a few moment then began to pull at my uniform. "You guard ponies are all work." starting to unbutton the uniform. "And such handsome ponies as well, sad that other ponies don't see their uses. Trixie would have thought Ms. Sparkle would use you to her advantage, but Trixie has you now."

I was about to open my mouth in protest, but found the gag back in place and tied tight. This can't be happening, I thought to myself. I pulled on the ropes harder, feeling my muscles stain and the ropes cutting into my skin, blood beginning to flow again. But with the ropes and her on top of me, it was to no avail. No no no, this can't be happening! I just got here, this is just a dream! I looked into those criminal eyes with that devious smile. I pulled on the ropes harder, feeling pain shoot up my arms at each attempt.

Trixie leaned closer to my face, up to my ear. "This is not a dream, this is going to happen," I could almost hear the smile in her whisper. "So please be a good pony and enjoy it for Trixie, would you?” She paused for a moment and licked my face, “Welcome to Equestria."

* * *

"Spike, please tell me you have the notes."

"Of course I do, Twilight. I know how important these things are to Toby. We got on the earliest train we could to get to Canterlot, requested the earliest time with the Princess Celestia, what else are we missing?"

"I don't know, Spike. That's the problem."

The sun was just over the horizon, not a cloud in the sky. The pegasi sure did a good job a clearing the skies, Twilight thought. Hopefully we can keep this nice day going. The two were yet again on a train to Canterlot. Twilight was behaving quite the opposite of her last trip on the train. She paced up and down the cabin, carefully reading some of her notes.

"Twi, you're going to end up creating a hole in the train, quit pacing."

"Spike, I'm just worried for Toby-"

"You mean, Philosopher?"

"You're missing the point, Spike! Toby is out there on assignment right now! I hope it to be his last assignment. He's done enough, he doesn't need to sacrifice more than he already has!"

Spike scratched his head, confounded. "Didn't he sign up for it though?"

"Spike!" Twilight turned and faced down the dragon. "Weren't you paying attention at all?! Toby got conned in. I should've known Swift would do something like that."

"You mean that one pegasus who tried to go with you to the Gala before you went to earth?" Spike questioned. "He seemed alright, but he sure didn't like the fact that you said no."

"I didn't want any attachments when I went to Earth," Twilight resumed her anxious pacing. "I was planning on being gone for a long time and I figured that a relationship here would be detrimental to my studies. And besides, Swift wasn't my type. He seemed to brash, and I guess I was right."

"Yet," Spike still seemed confused, "you brought one back with you... Twi, sometimes I don't understand you."

"You don't have to understand, just help me hel-," the train slowing to a stop ceased her sentence. "Spike! Grab everything and jump on. We've got to get to the Princess now!"

Spike jumped onto Twilight back, carrying many packs full of scrolls and other assorted notes and pictures. "Twi, I don't see how this is going to wor-OAAAAAAAH!" And the two took off to the palace. Twilight with a determined look on her face and Spike hanging on for dear life.