• Published 28th Feb 2012
  • 15,413 Views, 1,388 Comments

One Soldier's Twilight - Dr.Shisno



One soldier's journey back home and discovery of a friend

  • ...
62
 1,388
 15,413

Chapter 16

Slowly, out the darkness, a voice. No, wait. There were other voices. Multiple other voices. These voices sounded so familiar, from somewhere but I just couldn't place them. The world was slowly coming together in my head. The blackness was slowly receding away. I could feel the sun's warmth on my face. I was laying in a bed of some sort. It softness sapped me of my strength. So for now, I listened to the voices.

"I must say, Twilight. You certainly picked up quite a handsome stallion."

"I uh really like his mane."

"Now that he's here, when do we throw the party?"

"If you said he's fast, why is he a dumb ole earth pony and not a Pegasus?"

"There's nothing wrong with bein' an earth pony, it seems to fit him just right."

"Girls, could you try to be quiet? The transfer took a lot out of him, he needs his rest."

Then everything came together, hitting me like a freight train. TwilightStallionManePartyEarthPonyPegasusTransferEarthLightDarknessAKissMidnightSonataWarTwilightLibraryBar.

My Little Pony

My eyes shot open. I was in a library. Not just any Library, Twilight's Tree Library. I was in a bed, probably Twilight's bed, and I could feel the six pairs of eyes glaring me down.

"Um, Twi? I think your friend might be awake."

"Toby," I felt something touch my shoulder. "Stay calm, you're amongst friends. You're in Ponyville. Just stay calm please. This might take some time getting used to."

I sat up in the bed, facing the voices. There they all were. Twilight, Apple Jack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash. Ponies. All in front of me. Giving me a worried look. I went to rub my face to see if I was dreaming. What came up to my face was not my hand, but a hoof. In shock, I brought up my other hand, but again, another hoof. Both were of a grayish-brown color and both began to shaken violently. I tossed off the blankets covering me. Lo behold, two legs with hooves on the end replaced my feet. I moved them suspiciously, like they weren't mine. They can't be mine, last time I checked my legs were broken and didn't function properly. Wait... is that a... a tail? A short blonde tail with brown highlights. I eyed with caution as it moved. Moved the way told it to. Okay, I took a deep breath, it's attached. Alright, um, what?

I jumped off the bed, just in uncertainty of what is going on. My legs failed and I crashed to the ground. My heartbeat quickened, my breath short and fast. I stumbled and tried to get up. I looked everywhere, gathering all the information I could. LibraryPoniesI'mAPonyPonyvilleEquestria.

"Oh...my," is all I mind to formulate and produce from my mouth. Somehow I was able to get on my feet, or hooves. The group eyed me with caution and worry.

"Toby," A familiar voice spoke. Twilight. The girl, now pony, who I've shared the most recent months with, stepped forward from the group. "I know this all seems so strange and distant, but please do your best to remain perfectly calm."

"oh my..." A timid voice spoke. Fluttershy if my memory serves me right. "He has a nice cutie mark."

"Hmm," Rarity this time. "It's only fitting, seeing as he was a soldier."

"So, that's what he's good at?" Rainbow questioned. "What his special gift is?"

"Well, maybe if you be quiet for a minute, Sugarcube. You'll find out."


IHaveACutieMark.

I nervously turn my head to where a normal cutie mark would be. Right there, right on my gray-brown rear end. A shield with one sword behind it.

IHaveACutieMark.

IAmAPony.

I looked at my hoof as I brought it up to my face. Then I punched myself in the face, hard by accident. Unaware of my own strength. I took a step back from the heavy blow. Nope, not a dream, not a fantasy. That clearly hurt. and the other ponies look at me, their faces in bewilderment at what I just preformed. Just to make sure, I again hit myself. Yeah, still hurt. Nothing has changed. Ohmyohmymyohmy. The left of my face was numb from the pain. Pain. I rubbed my face then looked at my hoof. There was blood on it. Blood. My blood. Whatever drove me to do this, I decided licked it. Yup. That's definitely blood. My breath became short and fast. This is all real, that's my blood, the pain is real, what else am I missing. Why is it so difficult for me to believe.

"Toby," Twilight spoke. Tears formed in her eyes. "Stop that, there's no need for that. Please. Stop."

I took a deep breath again, as I sat down on the floor. It's all real, all so real. Right here. I'm here. I'm really here.

"Twi?"

She walked closer and sat in front of me. Her violet eyes looked at me, while I could not meet her gaze. "Yes, Toby?"

"One thing, and one thing only."

"Yes, what would that be?"

"Why is the room spinning again?" That was the last thing I got out of my mouth before I fell against her then hit the floor, blackness surrounding again.