• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 1,239 Views, 7 Comments

The Lightning Seven: The Second Strike *Old story* - Barracuda cyborg



A follow up story to Lightning Seven: Equestria Bound.

  • ...
1
 7
 1,239

The problem with portals

The walk back towards the Lightning's base of operations was more than awkward. The team refused to talk only leaving the ponies to think about all that had happened. The fight, the reveal of how the world worked, and well...everything else in this insane asylum of a planet.

"Does that sort of thing happen to you guys?" Rainbow asked the team, hoping to break the silence.

"No." Slash flatly said, "Though honestly we don't really know how many of those punks actually have a vendetta against us."

"Why are you guys taking us to your place anyways?" Pinkie asked as she bounced up and down, "You gonna give us special tour of the stars homes?"

"We're gonna send you guys home." Circuit replied, "We think it's for the best."

"What?! Why?" Pinkie asked, her mane drooping down.

"Because this place is too dangerous for any of you." Dice said, "This planet can be harsh, and well... I'm sure you're missing your home."

"Well he has a point we were useless in the fight with that Thunder bird..." Celestia said knowing that she and the ponies were useless in the fight.

"I could've taken him out." Dash said as she practiced boxing moves. The group collectively rolled their eyes as they knew Rainbow wasn't going to be subtle in how she could take on whoever was going to mess with her or her friends.

Later deep within the Lightning's lab

The ponies were in awe seeing a better version of the teleportation device they saw within Equestria. The machine was a large circular machine with lightbulbs flashing around it; the sleek design was better than the one held together with wood glue and rubber bands. "Behold the dimension hopper the gateway towards infinite worlds, between this one and the mud ball called Earth, lies your world." Circuit Breaker said as he grabbed a remote to turn on the device.

"Oh my, this machine is rather impressive, what exactly is the plan?" Rarity asked looking at the machine.

"By using this device we can type up any possible world and go to it. We'll be using this send you guys home." Circuit sighed, "Not only will we fully have access to explore other places, but we can visit you guys whenever." Suddenly there was something that sent the moles face down south, "There's just one problem..."

"What is it?" Applejack asked, knowing that there was going to be serious complications.

"We need a rare power source to properly have the device not bounce you to any random world, but it's completely drained." C.B. said as he counted the various colored gems within the power chamber.

"Why didn't you try that battery idea, it would've been cheaper to get!!!" Scalor shouted as his fins clasped his head, knowing the power source was ineffective due to the rarity of it.

"Yeah...I tried an electro shock to jumpstart it back up but nothing happened, those Orichalcium generators are too picky with their use." A voice sounded soon revealing the villain the team had just fought somehow in their base and eating their food.

The entire group looked as if they were ready to tackle the red hawk as she was nonchalantly eating. "Wait how the heck did you get here?" Scalor angrily asked as he started at potential target practice.

"Hey take it easy fish face, I was still angered by the brawl at the museum I wanted to try and trash this place, but I decided to eat something before I actually did." Thunder said as she placed the bowl on a table, "But besides that I need a group of your... skill sets to help me."

"With what?" Slash asked.

"The company that I worked for just kicked me to the curb, so I need your help." The falcon said feeling like a failure in life. She always failed with every time she tried to beat the Lightning squad, but with being fired, burnt, and penniless she felt more of a loser than she ever did.

"So now you need us to help your sorry self take down this 'company' while kicking ass and taking names?" Scalor asked thinking that she could really mean she wanted help from them.

"Yes, so what do you guys say with my electric powers and you guys combined strength, smarts, and vacuous stupidity we shall become an unbeatable." Thunder said thinking she could be with an unstoppable team.

"Well okay." Scalor said knowing he could get a good thrill from blasting stuff and going commando on people. He was the most blood thirsty out of the team. No matter what the situation was he always brought his 'A' game.

What do ya say guys ready for adventure?" Scalor asked the ponies if they were willing to be involved in a journey. Even though most of them were used to going on a quest some of them were having second thoughts on the trip.

"Yes." Twilight said enthusiastically.

"I'm not sure." Fluttershy said scared about what could possibly happen.

"Of course." Celestia said knowing that the group would do their best to help and protect them.

"Now to follow this overgrown turkey." Razor said still making fun of Thunder even though ther was more to be made fun of herself. With her being short, and hot tempered she always mocked those who made fun of her.

"Quick to my plane we can get there quicker." Thunder said as she started to call her plane 'The screaming caw'. Eventually the group boarded the jet black plane with yellow trimming. a few moments later they were in the air taking a look at the land below them.

"Oh my, this is quite a strange planet." Rarity said as she saw mostly jungles, swamps, and barren ice field.

"Trust me this place can be a death trap if you don't pay attention to what's going around you." Outlook said as he flew the plane over a city that was about 267 miles from Whiplash city. All of a sudden a the right wings engine stopped working and everyone felt the plane going down towards the city.

"Quick where are the parachutes?!?" Outlook shouted scarred out of his brain.

"I don't have any I just fly when this sort of thing happens." Thunder buster shouted as she panicked.

"Well lets put our heads between our legs and kiss our bums goodbye." Dice said as he put his stubby head between his webbed feet.

"Holy crap we're all gonna die!" Scalor said as he hugged Celestia for comfort and security.

As the plane got closer and closer towards the ground everyone started to hug each other just to feel safe from the impact. Then everything went black as the plane finally crashed.