• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 2,406 Views, 6 Comments

Luna's Sacrifice - Gabrielangel13



What if history hadn't recorded the NightmareMoon incident quite right? What if Luna hadn't turned into the Nightmare because jealousy? What if had been to save her sister? This is a short story to help me procrastinate with my other one.

  • ...
6
 6
 2,406

Present-day Princesses Talk

"Sister, art thou alright?" Questioned a wise blue Alicorn as she entered Celestia's room. The sight of her sisters tear-soaked face answered her question.

"Tia! What's wrong!" Demanded Luna. She hated to see the ruler of the sun in such a state.

"You know, there was once a time that I found joy in seeing you cry." Tia said with a voice that sounded far off. By Luna's guess, it was a thousand years away.

"Celestia, that was as much my fault as yours. I should have seen your pain sooner, and I should have acted when I first saw it." The Alicorn assured her sister.

"Lulu…please, stay with me tonight." The elder sister pleaded. Luna nodded.

"I'll go tell the guards." Was her quiet response as she rose and left.

Tia sighed. He had to return her student's letter. So, levitating a quill, Celestia began.

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

My dearest Twilight! You are most welcome for your book! The wings, however, were not given to you by me. They were because of you. Say hello to all your friends for me.

Twilight, as I'm sure you've realized by now, I have perfect faith in you. I am proud of how far you have come in the short time you've been in Ponyville. I wish I could continue to aid you in your Pursuit for knowledge and magic, but I fear that you may soon surpass even me.

I am afraid though, Twilight Sparkle, that I cannot answer your questions. The time that oh are asking about was very painful for me. Though it has been 1000 years, it still pains me to speak about. As for this event not being in history books, well, in saying that you are partially right. It is in the history books, just not quite the way it happened.

I am sorry that I can be of no more help.

Your loving teacher,

Princess Celestia.


Luna walked in in time to see the letter get sent of in a flash if gold light. The tears on Celestia's face were fresh, and it hurt Luna to see her pained.

"Tia, do you want to star-gaze?" She asked.

Celestia gave her a genuine smile. "You know I do." Was her reply. Happily, the two sisters walked to the window and watched the stars.