• Published 28th Feb 2012
  • 4,036 Views, 51 Comments

Following a Rainbow - malikvamp



Rainbow x Applejack romance story, big adventure and tons of fun!

  • ...
8
 51
 4,036

FaR Chapter Ten

FaR Chapter Ten- A Joyful Reunion

The day's festivities had taken all of Applejack's willpower. Not a moment after things cooled down, and Applejack found herself lying blissfully beside Rainbow Dash she fell asleep. She had no idea how long she'd slept for, but when she awoke the world seemed very different.

She was lying, underneath a thick blanket, with a certain Rainbow maned Pegasus in her arms. The room itself was dimly lit, the sun testing now on the other side of the barn. Blue skies still coated Equestria, but they were growing closer to the later day, calmer kind of skies. Clouds now poke-dotted the evening sky, birds whistles flowing in from an open window. However, none of this even closely added up to the excitement Rainbow felt at her next realization.

A set of vibrant dark pink eyes stared back at Applejack from the other side of the bed, accompanied by a not so modest grin that Applejack had come to love. "Hay there, sleepy." Rainbow spoke in her usual, confident tone. "What took ya so lo-"

"Rainbow!" Applejack shot herself at the Pegasus, throwing them both off the bed and tumbling across the ground. After several complete turns the couple found themselves sitting up, opposite each other on the cold wooden floor. "Oh, thank Celestia you're alive!"

"Actually, Applejack." Rainbow gave her a happy wink before continuing. "I hear from the others that you are the one I should be thanking."

"Uhm, yeah- well, Ah- Ah mean, Ah-" Applejack stuttered. She was too happy to speak. A red smear of blush covered AJ's cheeks, and was mirrored in Rainbow's. Unable to keep eye contact any longer Applejack gazed down at the floorboards beneath them. "Ah couldn't help mah self, Rainbow... Ah needed you."

A set of warm, cyan hoofs wrapped around Applejack's neck, pulling her in for a hug.

"I needed you too, Applejack." A tear dropped onto Applejack's cheek, but it was not her own.

"Rainbow, why are you cryin'?" Reluctantly Applejack pulled from the embrace to get a better look at her friend. Several tears streaked Rainbow's cheeks, but even more prominent was Rainbow's silly grin.

"Applejack, has Pinky Pie never told you that tears are words that ponies simply can't express?" Rainbow Dash's smile lit up the room, her giggling was music to Applejack's ears.

"She may have mentioned it, why?" Applejack couldn't help but match Rainbow's smile with her own. She could see where this was going.

"Because, silly!" Rainbow Dash closed her eyes as more tears streamed down. "There are no words left to describe you, Applejack, and what you mean to me."

Applejack's blush was beginning to feel like it would never go away. "Aweh, sugarcube... Thank you, Dashie."

Rainbow Dash's eyes bolted open, full stare at Applejack. "Wh- What did you call me?"

"Dashie." Applejack spoke confidently and swiftly continued, cutting off Rainbow's complaints. "Now Rainbow Dash, the least you could do for me is let me call you a silly nickname."

Rainbow Dash seemed to ponder this for a moment before making her reply. "Allrighty, fine."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really." Rainbow's muscles began to slack, the Pegasus leaning forward and leaning her head on Applejack's chest, soon followed by her hooves wrapping around AJ's waist. "You can call me whatever you want, Candyapple."

Applejack, bewildered by the moment of calmness took a minute to notice Rainbow's final word. "Hold on there, sugarcube! Candyapple? Really?"

"Bahahahaha!" Rainbow Dash broke out into happy laughter, leaning back to throw her arms around her ribs. "Sorry Apples, but if you're calling me Dashie, then you are going to be called Candyapple!"

"Oh, I see how it is..." Apple stared into Rainbow's dark pink eyes. "I'm glad to have you back Rainbow Dash."

"Of course you are!" Rainbow smiled, her wings buzzing to life and lifting the Pegasus from the ground. "I am pretty amazing, after all! One day I'll become the best flier in all of Equestria!" Rainbow zoomed around the room several times, doing a flip or two to emphasize her point.

Applejack had no doubt, at all, that one day Rainbow's dream would come true. Suddenly a rainbow was crashing into her, sending the two tumbling across the room once again.

"Oops, sorry Applejack!" Rainbow quickly pulled herself back into the air. "I'm still trying to get used to flying aga-"

Before Rainbow could finish Applejack had planted a kiss on the cyan ponies cheek. Suddenly Rainbow's face heated red, her wings tensing up, forcing her out of the air.

"No problem, Rainbow." Applejack offered her friend a hoof up, giggling at Rainbow's awkward predicament. She smiled warmly, and received a warm smile back. "Oh, Rainbow, do you know where Luna went off to?"

A sudden look of remembrance filled Rainbow's eyes. "Oh, stallion! I forgot, the princesses and Twilight sparkle are waiting down stairs for you! They told me to bring you when you down when you woke up!"

"I see..." Applejack pondered for a moment. After a sudden decision she moved swiftly, bumping Rainbow hard with her hip and sending the Pegasus onto Applejack's bed. Quickly she approached the comfortable bed and jumped on next to Rainbow Dash.

"Applejack, what are you doing?" Rainbow attempted to find her footing, but was stopped by a hoof on her shoulder blade, pulling the Pegasus back down. "Applejack?"

"Rainbow, listen to me." Applejack smiled at the Pegasus, eyes calm and relaxed. "Ah spent so long lookin' for ya, all Ah want is a few more minutes of you to mah self." Applejack moved closer, hugging the Pegasus tight. "Please, just for a moment, let me hold you and don't make me let go."

Rainbow needed no further persuasion. They happily fell asleep once again, delighted in each other's embrace.

As they drifted off, only one sound filled the room. The sound of two hearts beating in tome with eachother.