• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 18,251 Views, 157 Comments

Equestria Meets Texas - xd77



A 5-year-old boy is brought into Equestria through a portal while he is asleep.

  • ...
31
 157
 18,251

Chapter 11

It was morning in the Crystal Empire, now parents, Cadance and Shining Armor were downstairs making breakfast, scrambled eggs and toast, as they were cooking up for the morning, they heard the sound of yawning and then the door opening, as if they didn't know who it was.

"Mornin' mom, mornin' Dad." Nathan said with his tired raspy voice.

"Hi, sweetie, did you sleep well?" Cadance asked

"That ah' did mom." Nathan said

"Well good, now come on in and eat your breakfast you've got another big day ahead of you."

"Mom, what are ya'll talkin' 'bout?" Nathan asked

"Well Princess Celestia and Luna are coming to pick you up today, they're going to show you around Canterlot, and show you how to use and preen your wings." Shining Armor said

"Dad, how am ah' s'pose to preen them, they're bat wings, bats don't have feathers."

"I'm kidding son." Shining Armor said, "But they really are going to show you how to fly."

"Wow flyin' lessons fer' no charge." Nathan said

"Yes, sweetie, now eat your breakfast." Cadance said

"Yes mom." Nathan said

"Oh and guess what sweetie." Cadance said

"What?" Nathan said

"There is going to be a big surprise for you this afternoon." Cadance said

"What is it?" Nathan asked

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise anymore, would it?" she said booping Nathan on his nose with her hoof.

"MOM!" Nathan playfully whined, he then dug into his breakfast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Later that morning after breakfast, Nathan was sitting on the couch in the living room playing Pokémon black and white on his DS when he heard someone knocking on the door.

"I got it." Shining Armor said, when he opened it, it was none other than Princess Celestia and Princess Luna here for one thing.

"Hi Shining Armor, we've come here to get Nathan." Princess Luna said.

"He's in the living room." Shining Armor said, "Nathan, Celestia and Luna are here."

"Coming Dad!" Nathan said from the living room, within seconds he was at the entrance, Celestia and Luna there with warm smiles, and with Nathan still having his DS clinched in his hands, and his backpack already on his back, it was a one second decision for Nathan to run up and jump onto Celestia's neck and embrace her.

"Hi Ms. Celestia." Nathan said while embracing her.

"Hi dear." Celestia said, returning the embrace, Nathan didn't want to leave Luna out, so he clinched onto her next and embraced her as well.

"Good to see you again, Nathan." Luna said embracing him as well.

"Now, sweetie, you listen to Celestia and Luna and do what they say, understand?" Cadance ordered

"Yes, mommy." Nathan said

"Have a good time sweetie." Cadance said giving him a good-bye hug.

Once they were on the big carriage outside, driven by a few royal guards, Cadance and Shining Armor waited until they were up in the sky and gone, just in the neck of time, Twilight, Spike, her friends, and the CMC approached the entrance to the castle.

"Pinkie Pie, do you have everything for this evening?" Cadance asked

"Sure do Cade." Pinkie Pie said dropping boxes of party supplies.

"Well then, let's get to work, I want to make this the best for Nathan." Cadance said


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The royal carriage had approached Canterlot Gardens, where a walk path waited for Nathan, Celestia and Luna.

"Thank you, guards." Luna said

"Your welcome, your highnesses." the guards said.

"Thank ya'll fer' the ride." Nathan said

"Your welcome, young man." one of the guards said.

"Well what are we gonna do first?" Nathan asked

"Well we're going to show around Canterlot first, then we're going to the palace were Luna and I live to teach you how to fly properly." Celestia said.

"Wow, is there a lot to see?" Nathan said

"Not a whole lot sweetie." Celestia answered, she then kneeled down, gesturing Nathan to hop on and once they entered the city, they started showing him around Canterlot, from Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns all the way to the entrance to Celestia and Luna's palace, for Nathan it was a beauty, he had never seen such a beautiful masterpiece of a project built before.

Once they got inside the castle, Celestia showed Nathan the room where his parents' wedding was held, along with his aunt's coronation.

For Nathan it was a pretty nice afternoon, but now it was time for his flying lesson, so they took him to a courtyard outside of the castle, Nathan slid off Celestia's back, and thus she started his first flying lesson...............

LET'S JUST GO STRAIGHT TO THE EVENING.

It was 5:00 in the evening, back at the Crystal Castle, ponies were entering with food, drinks, and games for Nathan's 'Welcome to Equestria' Party, with balloons inflated and tensile hung on the walls.

Meanwhile Pinkie Pie was looking out on the balcony for Celestia's carriage, but instead she was daydreaming over the beautiful look of the sunset, but her doze was soon cut off by a shaking on her shoulders, it was Rainbow Dash trying to get her attention.

"Hello earth to Pinkie Pie, you're supposed to be looking out for Princess Celestia's carriage, not waltzing off to Dream Town." Rainbow said.

"Sorry, Rainbow, I can't help but look at the beauty of the sunset, not to mention all the beautiful colors it shines on all over.......

She was cut off by the sudden sound of muffled neighing coming from outside, Pinkie Pie looked out and saw that Celestia's carriage was departing to the entrance of the castle.

"EVERYPONY HIDE QUICKLY, HE"S COMING!!!!!!!" Pinkie Pie screamed as she jumped behind a couch, everypony, including Cadance and Shining Armor took their positional hiding spot and waited for the door to open.

OUTSIDE THE CASTLE

Princess Celestia had just landed in front of the entrance to the Crystal Empire, as Nathan was about to step off the carriage, Celestia stopped him with her hoof and he looked up to her smiling face.

"It sure was fun spending time with you today Nathan." Celestia said

"Ah' can't say the same fer' you Ms. Celestia." Nathan said.

"Now remember dear, your flying lessons are on Fridays from 12:30 to 2:00." Celestia said

"Okay." Nathan said.

"Well I have to-"

"Wait Ms. Celestia, before you go there is one thing ah' want to give you." Nathan said

"What is it?"

"Lower your head, please?"

Celestia did what Nathan asked her and lowered her head, suddenly she felt something wet touch her cheek, it didn't take her long to realize that it wasn't water..........but a kiss!

Nathan had kissed her.

"Oh, sweetie, nopony's ever kissed me before, not even on the cheek."

"Well ah've always wanted to kiss you, ever since ah' came here."

The guards driving the carriage heard this and quietly snickered.

"Well I have to go sweetie, bye-bye." Celestia said giving Nathan a hug.

"Bye Ms. Celestia." Nathan said returning the hug, he stepped off the carriage and watched as Celestia flew off into the sunset sky, then he proceeded to walk to the doorway into his home. Once he opened the door, it was dark and quiet, no lights were on, no sounds were heard, and no smells of food or anything else came into his nose.

"Hello, is anybody home?" he whispered, suddenly a light flickered on and then out of nowhere.................

"SURPISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nathan was now in sudden happy shock to see confetti and string flying all over him, dozens of ponies, including his new parents smiling and giggling at him, plus a banner mounted on the wall that read

"WELCOME TO EQUESTRIA NATHAN!!!!!!!"

Nathan was in at least two seconds of puzzlement, "Why would they throw a party for me if it's not my birthday?"

But then it hit him, he was miserable when he was first brought here, and they had soon discovered he was an orphan, and didn't have a family to take care of him, so after Cadance and Shining Armor signed the papers for adoption, and sent him off with Celestia and Luna this morning, they must've put together this party for him to make him feel more welcome, and to show that they really love him, Nathan walked up to his mother.

"Mom did you do this yourself?" Nathan asked

"Well some, but I did have a little help from Pinkie Pie here." Cadance said, pulling Pinkie Pie next to her, Nathan then hugged them both.

"Well come on everypony, it's boogie time!" Pinkie Pie said

"Wait this party is missing something, I'll be right back." Nathan said, running upstairs to get something out of his bedroom, what was this party missing?

Within seconds, Nathan came back downstairs with his iPod touch and charging dock, which was actually loud enough for parties as well, the party was missing a little beat of rhythm, and from their thoughts they couldn't agree more.

Nathan plugged his iPod in his charger and the first song that played on it was Mean Streak by Y&T

[youtube=zWrqI1FI4TU]

Everypony was really amazed by this kind of music that was playing, yet the continued to go on and start the party they made for Nathan.

For the next two hours everypony was drinking soda, water and punch, eating sweets, chips n' dip, and fruit and vegetable platters, playing games in the living room and dancing to the music that was playing on Nathan's iPod, they had never seen such a piece of technology before, they were use to playing music from old record players, but for humans they might've not used those anymore, even Nathan was having a good time, he was in the middle of their dance floor spot and showing them some double jointed moves that he could do, since he was double jointed, everypony, including Applejack and Applebloom were even more impressed with Nathan.

After nearly the two hours passed on, Cadance came from downstairs levitating a camera and a stand for it, she wanted to take a group picture. Cadance set down the camera, the levitated a triangle and stick then started ringing it to get everypony's attention.

"Attention everypony, this was such a nice party today, I really enjoyed, but I want us all in for a group picture to have my son, Nathan remember this day." Cadance said, turning off the music that was playing. Everypony decided to follow in and take a few good pictures with Nathan, after Cadance had assigned everypony to their correct place and position, instead of her doing it, she decided to let Nathan take the picture, after she showed him how to make the came take the picture by itself, he quickly set the timer to twenty seconds before it took the picture.

"All right everypony, say 'Texas'!" he said to them

"TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!" they all shouted, quickly Nathan got in the group in front of Applejack and Princess Cadance, and the camera flashed getting a good shot of everypony at the party.



-------------------------------------------------------

Three weeks later, Nathan was in school already learning, taking flying lessons from Princess Celestia on Fridays, and on Saturdays and Sundays going to Ponyville to see his Aunt Twilight and her friends, even befriending the Apple Family and helping them around their farm, plus learning how to cook apple recipes from them, it was becoming a good life for him, everytime he walked by that picture of that very night the adoption party was held for him, he would always look at it and smile.

After nearly five years of waiting, God had answered the number one prayer he had prayed for the most......a family. Nathan who was once a miserable and sad orphan, now had a loving new family, and all the friends in the world. And from that day on, it was the best answered prayer he would've ever dreamed of.


THE END