• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 595 Views, 11 Comments

Belegrim Dipstick - Praeco Nigrum



A man is given a second chance after saving his brothers life, but he isn't the only one who gets to go, meet Shade, Emerald, and Goff as they join Harbinger in his journey into Equestria.

  • ...
4
 11
 595

Man vs Manticor...round 1

“Hey guys… Ya know that mountain behind us?” Harbinger got them to stop and look at the mountain, “It looks exactly like Mt. Whitney back home…” He let that info sink in. I think we are on earth! More specifically the east coast of the North Americas!” Harbinger whooped for joy at the fact that they might be back on earth.
“But I don’t remember there being so many trees and the sky being so clear!”
Goff looked around and chuckled lightly to himself, “Maybe we got sent to your future?”
“It’s possible… though that chance is slim…” Emerald said, weighing in on the conversation.
I hate to be a snob and what not, but I hate both of your ideas… we’re obviously in a shity hole of a country that cares more about the forests than its own people… and that’s just my first impression!” He laughed at their expressions, though Harbingers mirrored his own at the little joke he just puled n them.
“…Ok, I’m going to ignore the rest of that and keep walkin’…” The rest of them shrugged and ran on after him, their ‘path’ went on into the forest until they actually hit the main path, it hooked a right and they decided to fallow it.

After they had fallowed the new path for over an hour they decided to take a break in the next Clearing they found. Several minutes later they stumbled onto a small clearing, it was roughly 200 feet in diameter and it had a few logs and smaller rocks strewn through it, its most prominent feature was a giant boulder in the very center of the clearing, it was about seven feet tall and ten feet around.

‘pant’ “I didn’t think fighting in the woods would be so much fun! But damn I’m tired!” Harbinger collapsed against the boulder and tried to slow his breathing.

“put a sock in it ya git! It isn’t even noon yet and you’re complaining!” Shade strolled into the clearing, slightly tired, but not showing it.

Goff came in after him, holding a leaf to his left eye. “At least you don’t have a black eye!” He growled at shade and Harb.

“Shut it Goff, or I’ll give ya another one!” Shade whirled around and pointed in Goff’s face.

“All of you just shut up, Sit down, and rest… I will stand watch.” Emerald scolded his fellow travelers and went to walk around the clearing to make sure it was safe, seeing as he was the least tired of the rest of them, and injured.

After ten minutes of waiting and resting up, shade and harbinger nodded to each other and went to gather some long straight piece of wood from around their ‘campsite’.

“So, we going to turn these into spears?” Harbinger asked as he bent down to grab another good size branch.

“Yep”
“How many do you think we will need?”

“I would say ten each would be good… but let’s not give any to the others.. I don’t wanting them to break them before they are ready.” Shade looked to harb to make sure that was reasonable, harb just nodded and laughed at the idea of having to beat their new friends for jacking with their shit.

As they walked into view of the rest spot Goff saw them.

“Hey can I help?”

“Go find your own!” Harb and Shade said at the same time, causing them to laugh.
Goff then harrumphed and went to go find Emerald and have him help look for sticks.

“So, we still mad at him for not warning us about the portal and crap?” Harb asked him with a devious smirk on his face.

“Yep, that shit was jacked up man… but I think we should be cool soon, we don’t need him stabbing us in our sleep any time soon, right?”

“Right.”

Another ten minutes had gone by and they had both gotten half of their spears done. When they heard a twig snap they looked over to see Emerald and Goff returning with roughly thirty sticks between them.
Though most of the sticks didn’t even look strong enough for being spears.

“OK, mine are done… now for the next set…” Harbinger sighed and looked at Shade to see that he was already working on his next set.

It was a half hour later when they had all finished their spears, harbinger and shade had taken some of the ones from emerald and Goff and helped them complete them once they were done with theirs.

“So, where should we- What the fuckin’ hell is that!” He shouted as he jabbed a finger in the direction of the forest. There
were a set of cat like eyes that glowed orange in the darkness of the thick shadows.

Both Emerald and Goff got up and grabbed a few of their spears, getting in defensive stances they waited for the other two to get ready to face this possible threat.

“What do you think it is man?” Harbinger leaned over and whispered in shades ear.

“Fuck if I know dude, but I don’t like it one bit!” He whispered back.

Suddenly the creature sprang from cover, going extremely high in the air, it then landed on the Boulder before them, making them back up tremendously. The creature had cleared a hundred foot area in a span of seconds.

“IT’S A MANITCOR!” Goff screeched.

“Spears to the ready!” Harbinger bellowed, he had fought similar four on one battles before, but this was life or death and he didn’t want his friends caught off guard.

“Ragh!” Emerald, Shade and Goff roared as they brought their spears up, pointing them at he beast, the sound of their combined voice had made the Manticor flinch, but instead of running it only became enraged at the fact that something so small was trying to scare it off.

“Info, NOW!” Harbinger yelled at Goff, he had identified it so he should know something about it.

“Manticor, Part lion, bat, and Scorpion. Uses the head and body of a lion, wings of a bat, and the stinger of a scorpion. The claws and stinger use a highly potent nerve toxin, it is used to paralyze the victim, but if left in the victim for too long cardiac arrest ensues. They can fly for short distances and are highly dangerous… threat level… Kill if ya can’t run the fucker…” Goff relayed his info in roughly thirsty seconds.

“… Thank you…” Harbinger quickly looks over to shade, shade looks back and they nod.

“NOW!” They both launch themselves at the beast, it made to strike at shades head with its right paw, but harb impaled it
and smacked it with the other end of his spear.

“Eat shit and die Mother Fucker!” Shade yelled as he bashed it in the face.

“As if the beast could understand you!” Emerald yelled to shade as he used his spear to knock its hind knees, making it slam into the boulder and knock the air out of its lungs. At the same time Shade used his spear to impale the Manticor’s front left paw. After it registered the pain it gave a blood curdling screech and flopped onto the ground.

“Yeah!” Goff yelled as the monster went down, but soon his elation turned to fright as its head came down facing him. The entire time they had been fighting it he had been behind it keeping its tail tied up so that it couldn’t attack his friends.
“OH SHIT!” He yelled, jumping away from his immediate threat.

“Run, damn it run!” Harb yelled as shade stabbed it in the ass, making it flinch back from his obvious prey.

“NOTHING BUT US GET TO HARM THAT FOOL!” Shade yelled as he began to beat on the back end of the creature, he then grabbed its tail, pinned it to the ground and used his spear to impale it, right there on the ground.

“STOP STANDING THERE AND GO KILL IT!” He yelled to the other two with him, Harbinger and Emerald then charged in, only to get a face full of Manticor. It flipped around and smacked emerald into the boulder, knocking him unconscious.
Harb looked over to his friend and then back to the Manticor, doing so within the span of a second, he then jumped onto its neck and began stabbing it in the through, trying to hit its jugular or at least its windpipe.

Shade saw his opening, Harbingers stabbings were distracting it from fighting him so he went and grabbed anther spear and struck. The spear tore through flesh, broke bone and then pierced the heart of the beast, gallons of blood poured from the wound on the beast, all of it adding to the other stab wounds and puddles of blood already forming at their feet.
The beast then fell over, harbinger falling with it, panting as he fell. The area on its neck that he had been stabbing looked like a meat beater had taken residence and then had a major fucking party.

“Fuck this forest man… ‘Pant’ lets ‘Pant’ get the ‘Pant’ Out of here…” Harbinger made his way over to Emerald and fell down next to him, he checked him over for injuries and found that he only had a contusion from the impact with the rock.
“Well at least everyone is alright…” Goff said as he came from behind the rock.

“Yeah…” Shade said as he then fell on his ass and laughed at the whole situation. “Damn it! Not even a full day here and we fight mythological creatures and shit! I hope this fucking place has at least ONE sentient species that won’t eat us!” He laughed again, gaining a throaty chuckle from Goff and a hearty laugh from Harbinger and a slight grunt from emerald as he awoke from his slumber.

“Fuck you guys… I hate all of you right now…” was his only response before he fell back asleep. It only made them stare at him for a second before they all broke out in laughter and fell over.

Not even five minutes later a sound was heard from the side of the forest.
“Fuck me sideways! What now!” Shade muttered from around the campfire they had started to build.

“Get ready guys… just in case!” Harb muttered as he grabbed his spear, he peered over the rock and was shocked to see several horses, or would they be ponies? They were small and all of them were white with golden armor that had blue plumes sticking out of the top of them.

“Guys look at this shit!” He said as he started to walk out from behind the rock.

The Ponies then saw him, they took up a defensive stance and that’s when he noticed that three of them were different, one had a horn and two of them had wings, the two with wings were floating above the rest of them and the one with a horn had a glowing orb at the end of it.

“Halt strange creature, in the name of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, you are to state your business in this land!” One of the, Earth ponies?, Said.

“HOLY SHIT! THEY CAN TALK!” Harb said as he fell on his ass, eyes wide.

“Yes, we can talk! Now state your business in this territory!” the same pony said.

“Um… we fell from the sky… we don’t know where here is and we have no clue who the princesses are…” Harbinger said as he shakily got back to his feet, he was now being flanked by both Shade and Goff, and a very drowsy looking Emerald.

“That does not Answer my question creature! What are your intentions here, and also… what are you?!” The pony was now getting angry.

“We are looking for a sign of civilization so that we might find out where and on what we are…. As for what we ourselves are, we are humans… Homo-sapiens… and one of our number needs some medical attention…” Harbinger said as he motioned Emerald to walk forward.

“Harb, are we sure we can trust them…?” Goff asked, he was very nervous about the whole thing.

“Yes, I think we can… besides I don’t think we have a chose…” He said.

“Very well, We will take you to our outpost… we can send a message to the princesses from there and they will be able to come and judge you for themselves… but until then you will be treated as guests, so long as you act as such… now fallow me.” The guard motioned them to fallow, he did not wait and began walking. The four humans walked instep behind him with the rest of the ponies taking up the rear.
After twenty minutes of walking and little conversation they arrived at the outpost.

“Welcome, To Outpost Whitneigh!” The lead Pony motioned to the fort in front of them, it was large, it could be considered a small town by olden time standards, it could have held around a hundred humans or so.

“Thank you for your hospitality…” Harbinger and shade said in unison, bowing as they said it.

“Now please, come in!” the pony said as the giant wood gates pulled aside.

Author's Note:

Here's Chapter 4, have fun reading it, and for those of you wondering, their spears were around four to six feet long... yeah, just long enough to keep them out of the creatures striking distance. I'm an ass like that i guess XD