• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 4,623 Views, 551 Comments

Starring Trixie - metroid_freak



Join Trixie and her human friend Cole as they explore the galaxy in search for excitement, adventure, and where they truly belong.

  • ...
21
 551
 4,623

Respite for Some

Sitting on my knees behind her for better leverage, I started softly, cautiously, slowly working my way down, ending up on her lower back just above her tail. I couldn't help but watch as it swished back and forth like an alluring pendulum on an antique clock, each swish threatening to show me more than just the time.

"Harder," she gasped as I applied pressure on her back, feeling the taught muscles slowly relax. I obliged, pressing more firmly into the soft fur that kept me so warm every night. "Mmmm, yessss…." she hissed as I began working my way back up.

"Enjoying yourself?" I murmured into her ear.

"Mmmm, so much…" she replied with a soft groan. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it too; the way she was moaning, how soft her fur was, the swish-swish of her silver and white tail…

I was startled by a gasp as Trixie suddenly stiffened under my hands before slouching against the console. I leaned forward and held her close as she breathed deeply and slowly regained her bearings. She turned to me and immediately pressed her lips against mine, kissing me deeply as we simply sat there and held each other.

"Thank you," the showmare murmured, planting soft kisses on my neck and collarbone.

"Anything for you, Trix," I assured her, giving her an affectionate squeeze.

A sudden drop out of warp shook us from our reverie, prompting us to return to our feet.

"Now arriving, Sector 001, Sol System." the computer informed us. We looked at each other and smiled.

"Guess we made it after all, huh?" I asked, taking my spot in captain's seat.

"And we didn't even have to fight our way here this time," Trixie replied with a grin of her own.

"Would you have preferred that?" The showmare put a hoof to her chin, feigning consideration.

"Trixie does enjoy the excitement of putting evil aliens in their place…"

"Did anyone ever tell you that you're very funny?"

"Did anyone ever tell you you're the most aggravating human Trixie has ever met?"

"Yes, you, on multiple occasions." I replied without missing a beat.

"Good thing you make up for it by treating Trixie so well," my companion added, leaning over to give me a soft kiss. "Now, enough of this fluffy stuff; let's see this planet you've been talking about for the last five days!"

"You've got it, Trix," I exclaimed. "Computer, activate viewscreen, panoramic mode." On command, six large additional panels slid down from slots around the bridge's bulkheads. "So...what do you think?"

"Whoa…" the showmare murmured as she laid eyes on my home, the Sol system, for the first time.

The first object Trixie laid eyes on was Earth Spacedock, the largest orbital facility in the system, and one of the largest man-made objects in the Federation. Able to house ships of every size, species, and configuration, Earth Spacedock was also one of the most important facilities in the Federation. It was so much more than a space station; it represented safety, security, and stability, a safe haven for anyone who needed one.

"Shiny…" Trixie marveled as we slowly approached the station.

And yeah, it was pretty shiny too.

"Computer, give us some stats on ESD, would ya?" I requested.

"Earth Spacedock was constructed over a period of 15 years starting from the year 2270 and completed in 2285, although it receives upgrades on a continual basis. Its beam and draft are 3,812 metres and 5,544 metres, respectively, with a total mass of 10,552,000 tons. Its internal volume is 21,924,000 metres cubed and has a personnel compliment of 312,000." the computer informed us.

"So, shiny and massive." Trixie noted.

"Yep," I agreed. "Now, on to the rest of the tour. Computer, focus on Earth and magnify. I wanna give Trixie a good look." I ordered. The computer did so, focusing on the blue and green planet and centering it on the viewscreen for Trixie's viewing pleasure. "Look! There's the Pacific Ocean! It's the largest body of water on the planet and the solar system. Well, it's also because Earth is the only planet in the solar system with liquid water on the surface. Oh, and there's the Eurasian continent, one of the most densely-populated and culturally-diverse places in the world. Oh! And there's…"

"Cole?" Trixie interrupted.

"Yes?"

"I've already read the Federation database about Earth."

"Ah. Of course you did."

"Just let me enjoy this, okay?" Trixie asked, leaning up against me from her new perch on my lap. "I may have studied the Sol system but seeing it…you weren't kidding. It's beautiful, Cole. It feels really…peaceful here."

"I think that's why Earth is such a popular destination and why so many ships dock at ESD." I explained. "There's something about Sol that's really comforting. In all of history, Sol has only been threatened small number of times. I mean, it was pretty bad every time, what with the Xindi superweapon, the Borg Cube, the Breen, the…"

"Cole?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

"Good call." I mentally chided myself for forgetting how much Trixie hated hearing about intergalactic conflicts…even if we'd been part of a few. "Sorry about that, Trix."

"It's fine," she assured me, even throwing in a soft kiss…just in time to receive a hail.

"This is Earth Spacedock hailing U.S.S. Ranger. Please proceed using thrusters and allow the station's tractor beams to guide you in."

"Will do," I replied. "Ranger out. Computer, you heard 'em. Proceed to ESD using thrusters then let them do the rest."

"Acknowledged." I looked at Trixie and smiled, wiping a tear away.

"What's wrong?" she asked, noticing quickly. I sniffed and wiped another away.

"Nothing."

"You sure?"

"Yeah…I am, Trix. I…I'm just happy right now."

"Could've fooled me."

"Sorry. Guess it's starting to hit me."

"What's starting to hit you?" I sighed and held her close. She rested her head on my shoulder and placed her hoof in my hand.

"I'm home, Trix. I'm home."

***

Unknown system…

The hiss of a leaky pipe startled the Klingon back into consciousness. The moment his eyes opened, he immediately wished he was still under. The bindings holding him to the wall were tight and unrelenting, cutting Kor'Tach's wrists as he struggled in vain against them. With a pained grunt, he stopped and attempted to regain his bearings.

As far as he could tell through the haze of just coming to and the pain of his shackles, he was contained in some kind of cell, although it wasn't the brig of a ship. It was more like a homemade prison, built from spare pieces of metal and hastily welded together. Even by Klingon standards, it was crude and unpleasant.

The key for Captain Kor'Tach was not to show it. Rather, he gritted his teeth and stood as tall as he could, hoping to project an air of defiance and a refusal to be intimidated.

The clattering of footsteps grabbed his attention and a door on the other side opened soon after. Keeping a steely Klingon expression, he watched as three figures, each wearing a crude gas mask, strode into the room. Although they were all clad in similar brown and black cloaks and wraps, much like pirates or raiders, two were obviously under the supervision of the third, taller one. He could tell by their postures and body language. They were keenly afraid of the other one, ensuring that they walked slightly behind him, keeping their weapons at the ready.

The tall one suddenly held up a fist, stopping the others in their tracks as he continued towards the makeshift cell. All around him, pipes hissed and the entire building groaned under some unknown stressor. All the while, the figure merely walked, seemingly focused on Kor'Tach and nothing else.

"Release me and my crew before I drown you in your own blood!" the Klingon demanded, baring his teeth. He growled as the figure extended his left hand towards the door handle, revealing a bright white-gold gauntlet from under the cloak with a large circular green gemstone embedded on the back of the metal glove. The strange etchings along the side of the gauntlet began to glow a bright green, and after a moment, the cell door's handle began to as well. Transfixed, Kor'Tach could only watch as the door opened as if by magic.

"What trickery is this" the Klingon growled as the figure approached. "Tell me before I…aaaaarrrrgh!" Try as he might to resist, Kor'Tach roared in pain, his body becoming awash in the same bright-green glow as the cell's door handle as he rose into the air several inches off the floor.

"Are you ready to talk now, Klingon?" the figure asked in a deep and metallic yet calm voice, though spitting at the work 'Klingon'.

"Where…is my crew?" Kor'Tach panted as the pain slowly subsided.

"They have served their purpose. It's time for you to serve yours." With that, the figure produced a small machine from within the cloak and held it up. "Are you familiar with this device?" A holographic image of what appeared to be the upper half of a winged horse with a horn sitting atop an inverted triangle with a diamond embedded in the center rotated in the air in front of Kor'Tach.

"Even if I was, I would not tell you, petaQ!"

"Have it your way." With that, the gauntlet lit up again, searing the helpless Klingon with agony, making him roar and struggle violently against the bindings. It wasn't until Kor'Tach was slumped against the wall, unable to move or even lift his head, did the figure finally relent.

"You lie. I detected the device's frequency around your body. You were recently in close proximity with the bearer of that device and I want to know where that was."

"QI'yaH, petaQ…" Kor'Tach managed to gasp, one last act of defiance. While he didn't know what the figure was looking for, he had no intentions of revealing anything that could possibly help his torturer.

"Very well then. If your tongue will not reveal what I want to know, perhaps your mind will." With that, he placed the gauntlet against the Klingon's forehead.

Kor'Tach screamed as his skull felt as if it were being split in two. He could practically feel the invader as it searched his memory banks before finally coming across a recent memory, an event that had occurred mere days ago. A space station…a wormhole…a show he and his crew had attended…a strange four-legged creature he had never seen before…

And then everything went black.

***

It didn't take Captain Remy long to track us down after we'd docked at ESD. We had barely even disembarked when we received an invitation to join him in the senior officer's deck of the habitat ring, one of many in the lower section of the station. After a thoroughly enjoyable meal in the officer's mess alongside many other captains, some of which approached Trixie to thank her for her services in the Dyson Sphere, our talk turned to business.

"Captain Sisko informed me of your encounter with the Borg," Remy exclaimed, surprising us. "Sorry. I know this seems abrupt but I wanted to hear how you two were doing from your own mouths. You've had a rough few days, especially you, Ms. Trixie." Although the question had indeed caught us off-guard, the concern in his voice was comforting. It reminded us that even when things looked bleak, we had friends we could count on.

"That's an understatement, sir," I replied quietly.

"Did he…mention anything else?" Trixie asked. Remy shook his head.


"Only that you encountered a Cube, engaged it, and damaged it enough to force it to retreat. I was impressed."

"Don't be too impressed, sir, it was in pretty bad shape when we found it." I replied, rubbing the back of my neck.

"So…he didn't say anything else?" Trixie asked nervously, clearly not wanting to get us in trouble for purposefully seeking out a Borg vessel, knowing full-well the consequences of being assimilated.

"I'll be honest with you, Ms. Trixie," Remy continued. "The circumstances behind your encounter are your business and yours alone but if you ever want to talk about what happened…I promise to help as best I can. I'm probably not as good as Cole here but I want you both to know that you have allies if you need them." I nodded and put an arm around Trixie.

"Thank you, Captain. We appreciate everything you've done for us and…" Trixie took a deep breath before continuing. "Trixie feels that…based on what we found…you should know…what happened. It…might concern the Federation…"

"If that's the case, then you should probably submit what you found in a report to me. That'll guarantee privacy as far as your reasons go but I have to warn you that if there's a credible threat derived from that information, I have to inform Starfleet." Trixie nodded.

"I understand and I…I still want to share what we found." Trixie replied with a little more certainty. Remy smiled and nodded.

"I appreciate that very much, Ms. Trixie. I promise that if I can keep anything confidential, I will."

"Thank you, Captain."

"In the meantime, seeing as I have a week's shore leave starting today, I would like to invite you to stay on Earth with my wife and I for the duration of your stay," Remy replied with a welcoming smile. "She's been wanting to meet you both ever since our encounter in the Sphere and offering a more comfortable accommodation than the station is the least I can do."

"Um…wow, sir. I…I honestly don't know what to say." I stammered. "If it's okay with Trixie, then…sure, that sounds great. What do you think, Trix?" I asked, turning to her. To my surprise, she wiped a tear from her eye and smiled brightly.

"Trixie would be honored!"

"That's what I like to hear!" Remy exclaimed with a smile. "We can leave for Earth whenever you're ready. Just let me know once you've got everything you need, and we'll meet in Shuttle Bay 1."

"Sounds great, sir," I confirmed with a nod.

"Trixie will be there!"

***

Initially, I had been curious regarding Captain Remy's request to meet us at the shuttle bay instead of the transporter. Trixie figured that he just wanted to give us a good look at Earth on our way to his place, and I agreed. We weren't going to refuse an offer of taking the scenic route; after all, I hadn't been to Earth in many years and Trixie had never been.

"See that landmass down there?" Remy asked an attentive Trixie, pointing to the continent below us. "That's the North American continent. It is made up of Canada, the United States, and Mexico."

"Which one are we heading for?" Trixie asked from her perch on the passenger seat of the shuttle. Considering where we were, there was no one more deserving of riding shotgun.

"Canada, east coast, Prince Edward Island to be precise," Remy answered, steering the shuttle east towards the Atlantic Ocean.

"Oh! That's where Canada's…Confederation took place…right?" Trixie asked hesitantly.

"I'm impressed, Ms. Trixie," Remy replied with a nod. "You've clearly been studying. It took place in Charlottetown, the capital city of Prince Edward Island. We usually shorten it to P.E.I. It's a bit of a mouthful otherwise."

"I have to admit I'm surprised, Captain," I confessed. "I thought a Starfleet officer like yourself would wanna live somewhere…I dunno, more 'happening' or something. Somewhere like San Francisco, closer to the heart of Starfleet."

"I think you'd be surprised how many captains settling down in more secluded and quiet places. After you've seen as much as I have, being somewhere peaceful…can mean everything." Remy explained.

"Trixie can understand that," the showmare agreed. "After everything that happened in Ponyville and…well, everything that happened a few days ago…all Trixie wanted was to get away from everything too."

"Same here," I agreed.

"That being the case for all of us, I think you'll both appreciate the little piece of paradise we've managed to carve out for ourselves here," Remy replied as we neared our destination. It was always a surreal experience, taking a shuttle flight over land. Everything went by so fast, it was like watching a chunk of the world just flash by. One moment, you're staring down at a seemingly endless ocean, then you blink and suddenly, you're in the middle of a city. That's how our flight was; no more than a minute or so over the strait between Nova Scotia and P.E.I., we found ourselves landing on a small pad next to an old green and white 20th century house that looked like it had recently been restored.

"Whoa…" I murmured as we touched down. "This is your house?"

"Sure is," Remy replied, shutting down the craft's systems. "The owner passed away a couple of years ago. He didn't have any family who wanted it, so I offered to take it off their hands with the promise of restoring it to its former glory. So, here we are."

"It's beautiful!" Trixie exclaimed, her eyes wide at the sight of so much rustic esthetic in one place. "It reminds me a lot of…of home." she finished with a small, thoughtful smile.

"Wait'll you see the inside," Remy added as we grabbed our bags and disembarked. "It's like going back in time."

"Looking forward to it, Captain," I replied as we walked up the path to the front door.

"Look, Mr. Stevens, I appreciate the respect but…as long as we're here, feel free to call me Jacob." Huh. So that was his first name. Come to think of it, I couldn't remember ever asking or hearing what it was.

"Um…really?" I asked.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" Remy asked.

"Maybe he was surprised that your first name isn't 'captain'," Trixie teased with a small smirk.

"That would be a fair assumption," Remy…or rather, Jacob, replied with a laugh. "We tend to lose ourselves in the job. That's part of what makes us captains, I think. We have to be a captain in every sense all the time. This place gives me some respite from that, a chance to rediscover myself."

"That's pretty deep, sir…I mean, Jacob." I mused as we got to the door.

"Not really," Jacob confessed. "Sometimes, we just have to be really good at sounding like we know everything." Trixie, listening intently, nodded sagely. "Well, let's get you two settled in, shall we?" With that, he opened the door and let us in.

He was right. It was like stepping back in time. Besides a few modern necessities, such as a food replicator and modern lighting, the house had been restored faithfully. From the furniture to the décor, the house looked like a museum; as such, I was hesitant to touch anything. Trixie, on the other hand, eagerly explored the house, drawing a smile from our host.

"Main floor is kitchen, living room, dining room, one bathroom, and our bedroom," Jacob explained. "Upstairs is sitting room, two guest rooms, and a bathroom. You two are free to stay in whichever room you want. If you want the best view, the room right off the main stairwell looks over the east field and on a clear day, you can see all the way to the lake."

"Sounds great, sir…er, Jacob. Sorry, this is…a little weird. You can call me Cole, if you like though."

"It's alright, Mr. Stevens. We'll get used to it." Jacob assured me. "Dear, I'm home!"

"Be right down! I'm just making Cole and Trixie's bed!" a gentle, almost motherly voice called from upstairs, prompting us to look at Jacob quizzically.

"Were you…expecting us to say 'yes'?" Trixie asked.

"Just had a feeling," Jacob replied with a shrug as the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs grabbed our attention. "Cole, Trixie, I'd like to introduce my wife, Kyana."

How I managed to withhold my surprise, I'll never know. Out from the stairwell emerged a woman I knew to be a Caitian, a species characterized by distinct human-like features mixed with feline-like traits, including hair, tails, and some facial features, most notably the eyes, which were yellow and cat-like.

Suddenly, it all made sense. The Captain hadn't batted an eye when he found out that Trixie and I were romantically involved because he was in an inter-species relationship of his own! While I was no expert on what made Caitian females attractive (especially to non-Caitians), I had a feeling that Kyana would be considered a knockout. While not especially tall, she did possess soft (in the most literal sense) features and although her eyes were predatory, they were also kind and inquisitive. Her figure was trim and although covered in fine light-brown fur, quite noticeable. The hair atop her head had been styled into braids and dyed jet-black, giving her a rather striking and exotic overall appearance.

Trixie, on the other hand, seemed to be quite at peace with the revelation, having seen her fair share of interspecies pairings. In fact, she smiled brightly and seemed, for some reason, absolutely thrilled.

At first, Kyana's approach had been friendly but tempered. However, as the situation seemed to dawn on her, she simply came over to us and swept us up in an embrace.

"Thanks you," she sobbed, squeezing us. "Thank you so much for bringing him back to me."

Ah. Got it.

"You're welcome, Mrs. Remy…er, Kyana," Trixie replied softly, awkwardly returning the hug as best she could.

"You are both welcome in our home anytime," she continued before finally releasing us. "Oh my…I'm sorry, I just…when I heard you two were staying with us…I guess I let my emotions get the best of me," she explained sheepishly.

"It's quite alright," I assured her. "I don't blame you one bit. That was a tough time and it's thanks to Trixie here that we made it through."

"Um, you were the one who picked us up on the surface of the Sphere, remember?" Trixie reminded me. "And it was thanks to Captain Re…I mean, Jacob's tactical expertise that allowed us to fight back against the Voth fleet."

"They're far too modest," Jacob replied as Kyana finally released us. "It was thanks to them that we learned as much about the Sphere as we did."

"Well then, how about a special dinner to celebrate your teamwork and personal heroism?" Kyana suggested. At the suggestion of dinner, Trixie's stomach made itself heard. Kyana let out a small laugh as Trixie blushed. "I'll take that as a 'yes'. Honey, why don't you show Cole and Trixie around while I get dinner started?"

"Sure, love. Just holler if you need a hand." Jacob replied, gesturing for us to follow him to the stairs. The stairs creaked as we climbed and the whole house seemed to have an ancient voice of its own. "And this is your room," Jacob said, opening the door for us, revealing a quaint but comfortable-looking bedroom. It was Spartan but more than adequate; the bed itself was a smaller queen-size, meaning Trixie and I would simply have to snuggle closer, which we were both just fine with. Besides the bed, there was a small desk & chair, and an old wooden trunk at the end of the bed, perfect size for the few belongings we'd brought with us. All in all, I thought the room was great. It had…soul and personality, like the rest of the house, something that starships and space stations lacked.

"I love it," Trixie murmured, stepping over the threshold. I watched as she inspected everything closely, opening the drawers and peering into every nook and cranny.

"I'm with Trix," I agreed, setting our bags on the trunk. "This is something else."

"I know what you mean," Jacob agreed. "Sure felt like a museum to me for the first little while."

"Cole, some over here!" Trixie exclaimed, ushering me to the window. "Look at that!" I nodded appreciatively as the sun began to set, taking in the warm glow that seemed to wash over the pristine farmland and even the small lake beyond. I made a mental note to take Trixie there as soon as I could.

"I've gotta hand it to you, sir," I stated. "You've got something pretty special here."

"Thanks, Cole. Why don't I show you two the rest of the place? I'm sure you'll grow to like it even more." Jacob offered.

"What do you think, Trix? Wanna continue the tour?" I asked my companion.
"Definitely." she replied with a smile.

Like the house, the rest of Jacob and Kyana's property would've been right at home in a 20th century novel set in rural Prince Edward Island. It was a small property but green, lush, and well-kept. A stone path meandered through the property, which Trixie, Jacob, and myself decided to traverse while waiting for dinner, and even the large barn had been fixed up to perfection. Seeing a fire pit close by, I made a second mental note to spend an evening with Trixie in front of a roaring bonfire, where we could eat s'mores and tell stories until the wee hours of the morning. By the time we returned to the house, the smell of dinner was permeating the air.

"Guess dinner's ready," Jacob said with a chuckle as we made our way back to the house. "Hope you two are hungry."

"Starving, sir," Trixie replied.

"I could eat a hor…" I began, shooting Trixie a wry grin, prompting her to roll her eyes.

"Ha ha. Finish that sentence, Trixie dares you."

"Y'know what? I think I'm good."

"Smart choice." Trixie said with a smile, patting my hand.

***

After a wonderful dinner of grilled vegetables for Trixie and Filet Mignon for the rest of us (Kyana, being a Caitian, had two), we spent the next few hours regaling each other with stories of our travels, fortunes, and misfortunes. And of course, we had many questions for Kyana, most notable how they met, and how they ended up married and living the life they always wanted.

"Oh, it's a pretty typical story," Kyana said with a laugh, settling in against Jacob, who wrapped an arm around her. "It was my first year at Starfleet Academy and I had just arrived from Cait. I didn't know anyone and I was hopelessly lost, like everyone else who had just disembarked. You see, we were all from different parts of the Federation, and most of us had never even seen Earth, much less been here. Fortunately, a very nice young man happened to be …" She paused the story and turned to her husband. "What were you doing in the arrival dock that day?" Jacob sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I was…arguing with a group of Klingons that thought they could simply land their shuttle wherever they pleased." Jacob explained. "Apparently, they were under orders to inspect the campus and judge whether or not a previously-discussed exchange program was possible. I was in charge of meeting them."

"Apparently, they also believed they were important enough to be greeted by a commander or a captain, so they took exception to Jacob and demanded he fetch someone of higher rank than a second-year student in the Command faculty who had been ordered to meet them as part of his training." Kyana added.

"They told me to scram, I told them I was under orders to show them to the Admiral's office and that was the end of it, and they got…upset." Jacob continued. "By the time security was able to pull them off me, I looked like I had been run over by stampeding Targs."

"What was the name of that Klingon who threw the first punch?" Kyana asked. "I remember him getting chewed out by his senior officer for "dishonorably inciting violence against an outmatched foe"."

"Ah yes. 'Crewman Kor'Tach'. As for 'outmatched', I think he's lucky he had five friends to back him up, otherwise that would've ended much differently."

"Yes, you would've wound up with one black eye instead of two," his wife teased. Jacob, to his credit, simply laughed with her and rolled his eyes. "There is a happy ending to the story, though," Kyana assured us. "After seeing him stand up to them, even outnumbered six to one, I knew I wanted to meet him. So I followed the paramedics all the way to the medical section and waited outside of his room until the doctor had finished repairing the damage to his nose and eyes."

"You can imagine my surprise when I left the room and found this beautiful Caitian waiting for me to tell me how brave she thought I was," Jacob said with a chuckle, patting his wife's hand. "So we got to talking and when she told me she was a first-year medical student, I offered to show her around. After that…well, the rest is history."

"Awe!" Trixie practically gushed. "That's so romantic!"

"Guess the moral of the story is if you're looking for love, just get a gang of Klingons to lay into you, right sir?" I asked cheekily.

"Or you could just land a starship on their house, apparently that works well, too," Trixie interjected without missing a beat, causing both Jacob and Kyana to look at me quizzically.

"Yeah…about that…" I said, nervously rubbing the back of my neck. "Funny story…"

Author's Note:

Holy backstory, Batman! Hope you guys don't mind the change in pace. I know Cole and Trixie don't! More action next time and a special gift for our two heroes.

Stay classy, FiMFiction!