• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 4,188 Views, 44 Comments

Oh, Spoony - Jondor



It's tough being the middle pony.

  • ...
13
 44
 4,188

Bonus Chapter: The Other Room

Thunderlane’s ear quirked. The silence of the night had broken just enough to wake him from his slumber. He wasn’t sure what the noise was, nor did it seem that important. He tried to ignore it and return to sleep. A slight shuffling both in front of, and behind him killed that idea.

“You guys hear that too?” he murmured.

“S’just mah sister an’ her marefriends,” came the deep, rumbling voice behind him. Thunderlane scrunched up his muzzle; Mac’s chest rumbled when he spoke in bed and that always tickled his feathers and made his wings itch.

“Hey, Cara. Switch with me?” he inquired of the smaller pony he held against his chest.

“Hmm? I guess... Sure.” A squeak of bedsprings accompanied the shuffling of bodies.

Thunderlane sighed happily, his wings now relieved. All three ponies drifted back to sleep.

***

Caramel’s eyes popped open. The dark silence was broken by the indistinct whining of a high, scratchy voice. It was soon joined by a second voice, much softer, but still audible. His first instinct was to just close his eyes again, but his bedmates also began to stir.

“Again? Mac, why don’t ya do something?”

“Just ignore ‘em.” Big Mac groaned. “AJ’ll quiet ‘em down.” A silent moment passed. “Hey, y’all mind puttin’ me in the middle?”

“Sure, I guess.”

“Only if you promise not to tickle my wings.”

“Ah promise.”

“You always say that.”

Mac gave a soft grunt as Caramel climbed over his bulk and then cuddled up to his back. He wrapped his hooves around Thunderlane and hugged him close. Soon enough all three were asleep again.

***

“Alright now, enough is enough.” Mac’s voice rumbled in the darkness. He’d woken up a third time that night to raised voices from the next room. Thunderlane and Caramel stirred on either side of his body.

“I told ya to go talk to them.” Caramel’s soft voice spoke into Mac’s shoulders.

“Ah’m goin’,” he stated firmly. “Keep the bed warm.”

The bed groaned as the big stallion got up and plodded out the door. Caramel and Thunderlane just lay in place, but their ears swivelled to listen in.

A loud bang sounded, the door of the next bedroom had been opened with excessive force.

“Alright, y’all,” Mac drawled, “Ah know it ain’t easy fittin’ three ponies all comfortable like in one bed, an’ Ah know y’all ain’t got no duties in the mornin’.” He paused to take a breath. “But some of us do gotta be up with the roosters in a couple hours. So, if y’all’d kindly quit makin’ so much Celestia damned racket, me an’ Caramel an’ Thunderlane would like ta get some shut eye!”

Another bang and the clunk of hooves against the floorboards signalled his return. His bedmates welcomed him back into their warm embrace. Thunderlane turned to face him, extending a wing over both Mac and Caramel as Caramel gently stroked his mane.

“Thanks, big guy,” Thunderlane said softly. “Don’t worry about the chores tomorrow. Cara and I will take care of things.”

“Nah. Ah’ll be out there with ya.” Mac replied. “Ain’t right ta let mah sweeties do all mah work.” He sighed softly as they gave him a squeeze. “Night, ‘Lane, night Cara.”

“Night, Mac.”

All three stallions snuggled together to spend the few dwindling hours until dawn asleep together.

Author's Note:

Not much here unless you like coltcuddling fluff, I guess. But hey, at least you got to see what the other three were up to.

Oh, Spoony <-- You are here
Oh, Spoony 2: Electric Boogaloo
Oh, Spoony 3: Revenge of the Spoon
Oh, Spoony 4: The Voyage Home

Comments ( 12 )

Short, yet got to the crux of it. Pesky mares disturbing sleep...

Huzzah for the bonus chapter! :yay:

what exactly does being a big spoon, middle spoon, little spoon mean?

3279002

Spooning

Simply extend the metaphor to three ponies instead of two.

3279011
Oh I see. Also, those kitties were SO ADORABLE!!

3590338 It's FIMFiction's formatting. They are built for one space, so if a sentence reaches it's maximum characters per line exactly, then the next line has the weird space. I eventually just gave up and started single spacing after periods, even though I hate that. It's the only way I could get rid of those weird single space indents.

I ship AppleDashPie so hard and this...this was everything. This was really enjoyable and just too amazing! :twilightsmile:

3870853
Glad you liked it. :twilightsmile: If you haven't read it already, I recommend Karrakaz's A Rough Patch. He did it a lot better.

4068062

Excellent. :trollestia:

This was a cool little series, most entertaining. I'm glad I stumbled across it :twilightsmile: I just read through them all, but this one is my favourite. Mainly because of this line...

“Ain’t right ta let mah sweeties do all mah work.”

I know they're very old stories, but nice work :yay:

6658917
Heh, thanks. :pinkiehappy:

Oh my gosh this is so cuuuute

Faved immediately for accurate polyamory.

Login or register to comment