• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 1,137 Views, 107 Comments

Spirit Dash - CutieMarkCrusaders



Rainbow Dash finds herself all alone when her father visits ponyville... with a surprise.

  • ...
15
 107
 1,137

Sabotage

Rainbow Dash stood in Lyra's inspiration room as the unicorn brushed her rainbow colored mane.

"You really are going a little far with this, Dash. Don't you think?" Lyra asked. "I mean, we're only doing this to get back at Spirit, you know?" she turned away from Rainbow's mane to look at her face and saw the far-off expression that had formed. "Dash?"

"Huh? What?" Rainbow said as she shook away her thoughts.

"Never mind," Lyra said. "It's not important."

"Ok, guys, here's the plan," Bon Bon started as her friend's faces turned to them. "Me and Lyra will make our way to Sugarcube Corner. Then, after about ten minutes or so, you start coming, ok Rainbow?"

"Ok," Dash said.

"Great. Let's go, Lyra." the two ponies began trotting out of Lyra's house. After Rainbow Dash heard the front door close behind them, she walked over to her saddle bags that were leaning against a wall. She flipped one open with her hoof and stuck her muzzle inside. She pulled out a small fold of paper. Rainbow Dash unfolded it, revealing a crumpled and torn picture of her five friends having a group hug; with Dash in the middle.

...

Rainbow Dash trotted through the park on her way to Sugarcube Corner. Thunderlane filled her thoughts. It seemed like forever since she saw him last, even though it had just been the day before.

Dash's mane hung down over her shoulders. Lyra had insisted on using a flat iron on it that morning, and Bon Bon insisted on sprinkling glitter on her coat. She looked more girly than she liked, but it was all worth it if it meant seeing Thunderlane and getting back at Spirit at the same time.

Rainbow Dash nearly fell over as she ran into something sturdy.

"Rainbow Dash," Applejack said. "First you draw pictures of him, then you go out with some random stallion? For shame. I can't believe you would do this to my brother."

"Look, Aj. I don't know what Spirit told you, but I really don't have time for this right now," Dash said as she tried to swerve around the mare.

"No, Rainbow Dash," she said as she stepped in front of Rainbow in an effort to keep her where she was. "I don't know what's going on in that little head of yours, but as of now, we ain't friends anymore." The harsh words departed from her lips just before she turned around and slowly walked away.

Rainbow sighed. She couldn't let this bring her down. Not today, and not right now. Eyes on the prize, she thought. Eyes on the prize.

...

Rainbow Dash pushed the door to the bakery open with her hoof. She stepped inside and searched for a few ponies. First, she looked around to see if Spirit was there. Of course she was; sitting at a table near the front with all of her new friends, save for Applejack. Then, she found Lyra and Bon Bon, sitting at their usual table near the wall. Then, of course, there was Thunderlane, waving Rainbow over.

She trotted to the table as a tray with four zapapple cupcakes came into view. She sat down and took one of the cakes.

"Hey, Dash! Glad you made it," Thunderlane said as his face turned slightly pink.

"Me too. I was almost late because-" the pegasus stopped herself when she realized it might not be such a good idea to tell Thunderlane about a certain caramel colored pony.

"Yeah?" the stallion across from her asked.

"Uh, I had to catch the mailpony, because," she stuttered as she tried to think up an excuse. "He dropped off the wrong package." She smiled a nervous smile and her companion smirked.

"He does that to me all the time," he said as he carefully placed a hoof over Dash's. Rainbow saw a horribly angry expression form on Spirit's face in the corner of her eye.

"So, guys, guess what? I brought one of the pictures I found today!" She said rather loudly. Getting to her hooves, she unfolded the paper, revealing a poorly drawn picture of Big Macintosh with the words "Rainbow + Mac" scrawled across it as Applejack's voice filled the room.

"Rainbow Dash!" she screamed. "I thought I told you to stop it!" Laughter filled the room, nearly drowning out Applejack's anger.

"What?" Thunderlane asked, confused. "I thought- I thought we had something special here." He got up out of his chair as his face turned dark red. "This is over!" he yelled before turning to gallop out the door.

"Thunderlane, wait!" Rainbow Dash screamed after him. She shot a dirty look at Spirit, and slumped to the floor. A single tear rolled down her face and landed on the wooden planks. Laughter surrounded her, and she could feel everyone staring. Instinctively, she galloped out of the bakery, and she didn't stop until she got home.

...

Once again, Rainbow Dash had her muzzle buried in a pillow, but this time it wasn't to hide her screams of joy. This time, it was to muffle her sobs. Her mane was messy and tangled, and her coat no longer sparkled. Then, she heard hoofsteps out in the hall.

Rainbow Dash burst through her bedroom door to find Spirit, Applejack, and the four ponies who had laughed the hardest.

"Yes?" Spirit asked, while trying to hide a smirk. Rainbow's face turned red and hot and tears came streaking down it as the memory of the laughter erupted in her brain.

"Get out!" she screamed. "All of you, get out of my house! Now!" All of her enemy's mouths dropped open as she yelled. None of them, not even Twilight, had seen Rainbow Dash so angry before in all their lives. "Are you deaf? I said get out!" She jumped in front of them all and stuck her wings up. One of her front hooves brushed the ground as if she was going to charge. Everypony began to slowly back up.

"Fine! We're leaving, ok?" Spirit said before she turned to face her friends. "Well don't just stand there! Come on," she said as she began walking through the group. All of them turned to leave the house.

Rainbow heard the door slam shut, and she turned tail and darted into Spirit's room. She ripped apart the blankets and pillows, tipped over all of the furniture, and ripped all the papers to shreds. Then, she realized that she should have read those papers. She should have invaded Spirit's privacy like Spirit claimed to have invaded her's. She ran to get her saddlebags.

Dash bit down on the middle strap of the bags and ran back into Spirit's room. She carefully picked up all the scraps of paper and put them in the saddlebags. Then, she left her house to go see Lyra and Bon Bon.

Author's Note:

Dear friends, I must ask that you please refrain from criticizing in the comments of this story. This used to be allowed until somepony (you know who you are) seriously hurt my feelings with said criticism. (I know that most of you are thinking that I need to toughen up right now, but everything they posted was just a paragraph of "You're doing this wrong!" I asked them to stop and they called me an emotional twit.) Thank you.