• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 1,130 Views, 107 Comments

Spirit Dash - CutieMarkCrusaders



Rainbow Dash finds herself all alone when her father visits ponyville... with a surprise.

  • ...
15
 107
 1,130

'Liar' Is My Middle Name

"Well come on! Spit it out already!" Lyra said, anxious to hear another piece of Bon Bon's gossip. Bon Bon, however, had a look on her face that indicated it wasn't just gossip; this was serious business.

"Spirit Dash just said..." she paused as a look of sympathy crossed her face. "Spirit Dash said that she found a bunch of drawings of Big Mac under your bed." Rainbow Dash's mouth dropped open when she finished. Sure, she thought of Big Macintosh as a friend, but that's it. A friend.

"No! I-I..." Dash stuttered as she started to cry.

"Rainbow, I'm so sorry," Lyra said. Dash turned away to try and hide her tears.

"Look, Rainbow," Bon Bon said. "If she wants to make up stories about you? Who cares? We know the truth."

"I know, but it's just that..." Rainbow Dash felt her face grow hot with anger. What is wrong with this pony? She thought. She spun around and pounded her front hooves against a tree. A couple of leaves and a poorly drawn orange flier with the words "Mr. Cake's Soda Shop: help wanted" scrawled across it landed by her tail. The paper was encased in golden magic and floated in front of Lyra's face.

"Well that explains why Mr. Cake is at the soda shop..." she said.

"You were wondering about that too?" Bon Bon asked.

"Guys! We have bigger problems right now then Mr. Cake!" Dash nearly screamed at her companions.

"Sorry, Rainbow," Lyra said as she tacked the flier back onto the tree.

"It's OK. I'm just a little angry at my so called 'sister' right now." The three ponies sat and thought for a while until Bon Bon piped up with a new idea.

"I know! Let's get her back!" she said.

"Yeah, but how?" Rainbow Dash asked.

...

Rainbow Dash sat up awake in her bed. She had saddle bags by her door that were packed with quills and paper. If she remembered correctly from the conversation she and her two new best friends had had at the park that afternoon, it was her job to bring writing supplies. Bon Bon's job was to bring snacks, and Lyra's job was to just be there because she was the only one who could use those writing supplies.

Crash!

"Lyra! Be more careful!" Bon Bon said in a hushed tone.

"Sorry!" Lyra spat back. Rainbow Dash took this as her cue and jumped out of bed, pulled on the black jumpsuit that was hanging off her desk chair, and dove into the strap on her saddlebags. In five seconds flat, she had got up and was out the door. That's an academy record! Rainbow Dash couldn't help thinking.

She dove off the front steps of her house and met Bon Bon and Lyra on the ground below.

"Do you have the supplies?" Lyra asked as she landed quietly.

"Yeah." The trio tip-hoofed to the park, and sat under a tree. Rainbow Dash took a quill and a sheet of paper from her saddlebag, and Bon Bon passed around apples.

"Ok. So, what do we know?" Lyra asked as she began to levitate the quill. The ponies thought for a moment before replying.

"She always seems to be thirsty," Rainbow Dash said, still trying to call to mind anything of importance.

"Got it." Lyra began to write on the paper. "Possibly changeling," she spoke as she wrote.

"Lyra! She's not a changeling!" Bon Bon whispered. "Be realistic! We're trying to get back at her, not get her banished!"

"That would be nice though..." Dash thought out loud.

"Rainbow Dash! How could you say such a thing? She is your sister after all," Bon Bon scolded.

"Yeah, but she still made up rumors about me..." she said. "Joking! Joking!" They were all silent for a moment before a light giggling spread among them all.

"Oh! Oh! Oh!" Bon Bon said excitedly as her face lit up. "Earlier today, I saw her talking to Thunderlane, and she blushed! A lot!" For the first time, Dash thanked Celestia that she was so into gossip.

"Likes Thunderlane," Lyra said as she wrote it down before bursting into uncontrollable laughter. Bon Bon giggled too, and it wasn't long before Rainbow Dash joined in.

"Oh, and another thing," Bon Bon said before turning to Dash. "Lemon Hearts says Thunderlane likes you!"

...

Rainbow Dash woke up late the next day because she stayed up so late the night before. She was sort of excited for today, but a little nervous too. If Pinkie Pie had been there, she would have said that Dash was nervoucited.

She got out of bed and trotted over to her desk where her plan for the day was. Normally, she would not have had a plan for the day, but today was special. She trotted to the door and dove off the front steps. She trotted down Mane Street as she cautiously looked around for Spirit Dash. She wasn't at home so she must have been out and about with Rainbow's old friends.

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack called. "Rainbow Dash!" she was galloping towards Dash fast, and she looked mad. "Who the hay do you think you are?" she screamed as she skidded to a stop.

"What are you talking about?" Dash asked.

"I don't want none o' that! You know very well what I'm talkin' 'bout!"

"Uh, AJ?"

"You listen here," AJ said, tuning out Dash's protests. "I know all about those pictures of my brother! I'm gonna put a stop to it right now! If I hear one more thing about you an' Big Mac, I'm gonna-"

"Applejack!" Rainbow screamed. "Look, I know what you heard and it's not true! I don't like him that way!"

"Ah no! I ain't fallin' for any o' that!" At this point, Rainbow Dash just walked around her angry X-friend, and continued on her journey to Lyra's house. "Hey! You get back here, Missy!" Rainbow Dash tuned out Applejack as best as she could as she began to trot.

...

Dash knocked on Lyra's front door, and saw Bon Bon peek around the curtain before allowing Lyra to let her in.

"Ready?" Lyra asked.

"Yep," Dash said. the trio walked into Lyra's inspiration room. You see, Lyra had always truly wanted her fashion career to take off, but sadly, it never did.

Lyra brushed Dash's mane until it was straight and beautiful. Then, Bon Bon wheeled in a portable rack filled with simple outfits.

"Oh no. No, no! You are not putting me in a dress!" Rainbow said.

"Oh come on, Rainbow! Do you want this to work or not?" Bon Bon asked.

"Well, yeah, but..." Rainbow Dash trailed off mid-sentence.

"How we just put you in a saddle, OK?" Lyra asked, holding up a nice magenta one that matched Dash's eyes.

"Fine," she said. "But just the saddle."

"Perfect!" Bon Bon said as she stood back to view her friend. "Time to go visit Thunderlane."

Author's Note:

Dear friends, I must ask that you please refrain from criticizing in the comments of this story. This used to be allowed until somepony (you know who you are) seriously hurt my feelings with said criticism. (I know that most of you are thinking that I need to toughen up right now, but everything they posted was just a paragraph of "You're doing this wrong!" I asked them to stop and they called me an emotional twit.) Thank you.