• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 1,130 Views, 107 Comments

Spirit Dash - CutieMarkCrusaders



Rainbow Dash finds herself all alone when her father visits ponyville... with a surprise.

  • ...
15
 107
 1,130

What Spirit's Up To

Spirit Dash sat in front of a mirror in the motel bathroom. Her new friends had offered to let her stay at one of their houses, but she had politely declined. She had plans. Plans that they couldn't interfere with.

She peered into the mirror and looked at her mane. That was the first thing to go. She picked up her manebrush in her wing and began to brush the waves away. Once she had finished with that, she lifted her hooves to her head and ruffed it up a bit. It didn't look exactly like her sister's, but it would have to do. Next was her cutie mark.

Spirit Dash carefully took a paintbrush in wing and dipped it in a jar of blue paint that perfectly matched her coat. She spread the paint around on her flank, covering the quill and glasses on both sides. While she was waiting for it to dry, she set aside four more paintbrushes and four more jars of paint. The colors in the jars were white, red, blue yellow. She also got out a piece of paper and began to practice. She painted Rainbow Dash's cutie mark over and over until she got it just right.

She picked up the paintbrush with the white paint on it and carefully drew a cloud onto her flank. Thankfully, the blue paint was dry and didn't smear. She was satisfied with the cloud. Like her mane, it didn't look exactly like Rainbow's, but who would notice? Next, she picked up the blue brush and traced around the cloud and down the side, forming the edge of a lightning bolt. Spirit picked up the yellow and red brushes, and finished the drawing. Spirit Dash now had her sister's cutie mark. She picked up the white brush once again and proceeded to draw the same thing on the other side of her flank. Soon, she would be an exact replica of Rainbow Dash.

...

Spirit Dash opened the door to her room and peered into the outside world. It was morning. The sun had just risen and Spirit was sure that Rainbow wasn't even awake yet. Perfect. She sighed and let her glasses slide off her nose onto a nearby desk and stepped out of the motel room, closing the door behind her.

She couldn't see very well without her glasses, but she had been in Ponyville long enough to know where everything was. She opened her wings and flew through the air in the direction of her destination. The destination where nopony would ever think Rainbow Dash would be... until today. The spa.

Spirit landed on the cobblestone path just in front of the entrance. She glanced around to see if anypony was watching and sure enough, there were a few ponies staring at her with their mouths agape. Spirit swung open the door and proudly stepped inside. She flopped herself down in the waiting room until one of the spa ponies came to assist her.

"Rainbow Dash! It's... well it's been a while, hasn't it? In fact I'm not sure I've ever seen you in here before. At least not for a treatment. Well, that's enough chatter. How can I help you?" Lotus Blossom asked. Spirit Dash had been practicing her sister's voice all morning and was sure she had it down. She chose to say as few words as possible anyway, just in case.

"I would like a hoofacure."

...

The morning had gone perfectly. Everything had gone exactly as Spirit had planned. Some of the townsponies had seen who they thought to be Rainbow Dash enter the spa. Lotus Blossom had witnessed who she thought was Rainbow Dash ask for a hoofacure, and by the time she left, the entire spa was abuzz. And the best part, Rainbow Dash, Thunderlane, or any of Spirit's new friends had been there. Yet.

Spirit Dash knew that every other morning, Rarity would go to the spa and get the latest gossip along with her treatment, and today just so happened to be the other day. Soon, Rarity would think that Rainbow Dash got up early for a hoofacure, hoping nopony found out. Rarity, naturally, would spread the gossip and everyone would be talking about it.

Spirit went back to the motel bathroom and stepped into the shower. Slowly, all the paint was washed away from her flank and her cutie mark remained. She took this time to think about the lies she had told her friends. She was kidnapped, that part was true. But eventually, the kidnapper went to jail for shoplifting, giving Spirit the perfect time to escape. She was happy to get away from all the beatings that awful pony gave her. Sadly, however, she had thought that pony was her father.

She didn't get her cutie mark from writing sos letters. Not even close. After Spirit escaped and began easing back into the natural world, she found out that somepony had been making rumors about her, and because of these rumors she didn't have any friends. Eventually, she made up her own rumors about that pony. That day, she had hurt someone with stories. And she had gained friends by doing so. Spirit Dash loved how that power felt, and she got her cutie mark. Not for letters, no. For rumors.

Spirit Dash stepped out of the shower, brushed her mane and put on her glasses. It was time to go out into town and see what torment had befallen her sister that morning.

Comments ( 7 )

This is great! I mean, not for Dash, anyway. One little thing, you said Spirit's KNEW friends instead of Spirit's NEW friends! Just a little spelling error. No big deal!

3477024
Thank you. I fixed it. Don't know how I missed that. :rainbowderp: Glad you're enjoying my story! :pinkiehappy:
Just a question. Have you read my other ones?
Cameo
Cameo's Adventures
Tears

The plot thickens....I can't wait for RD's reaction.

Stay Awesome

RDD

Wow Spirit is REALLY annoying me! :twilightangry2: That is a very good thing!

Scroll down to the bottom of this comment page. Now click (comments) page 2...
replycandy.com/wp-content/uploads/Deleted-Comments-Everywhere.jpg

EDIT: well, there's one more, which is the very last comment. :trollestia::moustache:

Login or register to comment