• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 15,696 Views, 1,763 Comments

A Daughter and her Dragon - Level Dasher



Spike longed for years to have a family of his own. With Twilight's help, he applies for adoption. But what is it like to be raised by royalty?

  • ...
49
 1,763
 15,696

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty-Three - Correspondence (Part Two)

1/30/78

Steady,

I showed Daddy your letter. He insisted he’d send my response to you by dragonfire, and to give it a week to hear from you. Well… I haven’t. Daddy’s sending this one, too.

What’s going on? Are you okay? Were you really serious? Please tell me you weren’t.

Still love you,

Cotton


2/1/78

Steady,

I talked to the girls today and told them what’s going on. They’re all pretty pissed at you, especially Flare. She thinks you stopped writing because you met someone else in Griffonstone.

That’s not true, is it?

Cotton


2/2/78

Yo Featherhead!

What the buck is your deal, huh? I told you to keep in touch with Cotton after you left.

I could understand the distance being tough, but to STOP WRITING TO HER COMPLETELY? NOT cool, jerk! You need a better reason than “it’s tough.”

You better not have found some other chick over there in Griffonstone. I told you YOU BELONG TO COTTON!

Now get to writing, bucker!


Flarechaser


2/5/78

Steady,

Flarechaser told me she wrote you a letter the other day. She didn’t tell me what she wrote, though. If you won’t answer me, maybe you’ll answer her?

I don’t know what I did, but if I made you angry, please tell me. I miss hearing from you.

Cotton


2/8/78

Dear Tesla,

Can I come down and talk to you and Crimson? I didn’t want to just show up at your doorstep.

I need an unbiased opinion about something, so I can’t talk to anyone up here. I think you two might be the best ones to ask…

Cotton


2/10/78

Cotton,

Of course you can come! It’d be great to see you!

You do NOT want to know what our homework load is like down here in Central, so drop by my place on Saturday when we’ve got some off time. I’ll make sure Crimson is here. And hey, we can gather the whole gang afterward and make a day of it!

Tell your dad and Princess Twilight that your friends from CCE say hi. Looking forward to seeing you!

All the Best,

Tesla

PS: Is everything okay? Why are there tear stains on your letter?


2/19/78

Steady,

I gave it an extra week to send you another letter to see if I might have been sending you too many.

I talked to my friends from Central Canterlot Elementary this past weekend. They think you might have Depression. Is that why you aren’t writing? My friend Crimson (you know, the one you thought was in a gang) said he went through something similar a couple years ago.

If that’s the case, that’s an even BETTER reason to write! Please, tell me what’s going on. I’ll give you some time to make a decision.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Cotton


3/8/78

Steadclaw,

I guess you really don’t want to talk to me anymore…

I don’t understand. What happened? Why did you suddenly change your mind? You were so dead set on coming back, and then you just ended it between us. I mean, you said you PROMISED you’d come back. Now you’re breaking that promise.

I thought you cared. Were you just telling me what you thought I wanted to hear? Why would you do that? What did you get out of it? Did you just want an in with the Royal Family? Was it all a LIE??

Maybe now you’ll know how this feels. I HATE TO WRITE THIS TO YOU, BUT AT THIS POINT, I REALLY HAVE TO.

I just can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep waiting to hear from you and always getting disappointed. Obviously you never cared about me. Daddy’s been wondering why I’ve even bothered asking him to send you these letters. Well, I won’t anymore.


I’m done.


Cotton

Author's Note:
PreviousChapters Next