• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 7,990 Views, 16 Comments

A True, True Friend - yodajax10



Now that Twilight's a princess, what will become of Spike?

  • ...
8
 16
 7,990

A True, True Friend

Twilight was absolutely gone, the only thing left of her was a burnt spot in the shape of a cutie mark on the floor.

"What happened?" said Applejack.

"Twilight just vanished into thin air!!" said Pinkie Pie. "It was all just really shiny-shiny and then BOOM!!! She's gone!"

"What do you think happened to her?" said Fluttershy, nervously.

Applejack's eyes widened as her eyes started to well up with tears. "Ah-ah I think I know what happened."

"Well?!" said Rainbow Dash, frantically. "What happened?!"

Applejack tried her best not to get choked up and finally spoke. "Ah...Ah think Twilight is dead."

All the friends were in silence with wide eyes.

"D-dead?" Fluttershy asked, starting to get teared up. "What are you talking about?"

"The blast from our Elements," said Applejack. "Ah think it killed her..."

The ponies then realized this and Pinkie Pie ran over to the burnt spot.

"No!" Pinkie Pie said, starting to cry. "It can't be! Twilight! You gotta come back! Please!!!"

Fluttershy buried her face in her hooves and began to weep, Applejack took her hat off in respect as she was close to breaking down herself, Rainbow Dash went in the corner to sob quietly and Rarity started to wipe her non-stop flowing watery eyes. But then, Rarity started to hear some whimpering upstairs. Rarity knew who that was, that one friend that cared for Twilight the most.

"Wait, girls!" said Rarity. The ponies looked up at Rarity. "There's someone else we need to be for."

The ponies realized who Rarity was talking about as they all tearfully nodded.

The ponies walked upstairs and quietly opened the door. Spike was curled up in a fetal position crying, quietly.

"Oh, Spike," said Applejack, being the first to walk over to him. "It's gonna be okay, it wasn't your fault."

"You're right," said Spike. "It's not my fault." Spike jumped up and looked at the ponies. "It's YOUR fault!"

"OUR fault?!" said Rainbow Dash. "What did we do?"

"If Twilight never cared so much about you guys, these stupid elements would've never been created around you! Some friends YOU are!"

The ponies were all wide-eyed in shock. Spike realized what he said and covered his mouth in shock. Tears started welling up in Spike's eyes again. "I'm sorry," Spike whimpered. "I'm so sorry! It's just...I just...Oh, Twilight!"

Spike began to cry again, but Applejack pulled Spike in for a warm hug.

"Shhh," Applejack said, hugging Spike. "Just let it out Spike, we'll all her for ya."

The ponies all walked over to Spike and all joined Applejack and Spike in their embrace, trying to comfort Spike.

They stayed like that until the sun came down. All of a sudden, a bright flashing light shined through the library's window.

But everything wasn't fine for Spike. Spike may have been happy for Twilight on the outside, but on the inside, he was feeling worse.

Later that night, Pinkie Pie threw another party for Princess Twilight Sparkle. Everypony was having a good time, but nopony noticed Spike quietly leaving the party and walking sadly home to the library.

The party ended later, and everypony was heading home. Twilight smiled at what a great day she had. "Come on, Spike." Twilight said. "Let's head home." Twilight didn't hear anything. "Spike?" Twilight asked. Still no reply.

"Pinkie Pie?" asked Twilight. "Do you know where Spike is?"

"He's probably tuckered out from the BEST DAY EVER!!!" Pinkie Pie said jumping around. "I know I'm not!"

Twilight giggled. "Well, goodnight, Pinkie. I'll see if Spike's at the library."

"Sleep tight!" said Pinkie Pie, still jumping around. "Dream of bedbugs tonight!"

Twilight giggled again at Pinkie Pie just being herself. She then walked home to the library and opened the door. It was completely dark.

"Spike?" Twilight gently called. No reply. Twilight slowly walked upstairs and noticed Spike sitting on her bed looking out the window at Luna's moon.

"Feeling tired, huh Spike." Twilight said, smiling.

Twilight's happiness faded when she heard Spike sniffing. Twilight saw Spike looking miserable with his red puffy eyes still flowing with tears. Twilight instantly pulled Spike in for a hug. "Spike, what's wrong?" Twilight asked.

Spike tried to speak, but he started to get choked up again

"I-I don't want to lose you!" Spike cried.

"What do you mean?" said Twilight.

"I thought I almost lost you when you disappeared from the library! You were gone!" Spike cried. But when you came back as a princess, I got even more scared! I am happy for you, don't get me wrong, but princesses have maids, butlers and many more assistants, and where will I be? I never got to spend a lot of time with you and your friends, and now that you're here, I'll probably never see you again! Where will I be?! Please don't leave me!" Spike continued to bawl.

Twilight felt her heart sinking at every single thing Spike said. But Twilight held Spike tighter and rubbed his back.

"Shhh," Twilight whispered to Spike. "It's okay, it's okay. I'm never going to leave you."

Spike looked up at Twilight, still rubbing his red eyes. "You mean it?"

"Of course, Spike." said Twilight. "I'm so sorry I neglected you in the past. Let me tell you, before I was a princess, I was mostly worried about you, wondering where you were going to go when I passed on. But now that I'm a princess with the power of immortality, the thing that makes me happiest most of all...is that you and I will always be together now. We will always be together, no matter what."

Spike was more happier then anything. "Oh, thank you!" Spike said, crying happily in Twilight's dress/fur. "I love you so much Twilight!"

Twilight's eyes welled up with tears as she held Spike more. "I love you too, Spike."


THE END

Comments ( 16 )

Aw..:fluttercry::pinkiesad2: Tears of both sadness and joy my friend. That picture at the end. :heart::heart::heart::pinkiehappy::twilightblush::scootangel:

Despite using a fresh concept you rushed through this and the whole Twilight is immortal has been disproven. Sorry but this story was just another cheap attempt at producing tears courtesy of Alicorn Twilight. :eeyup:

Feel free to rewrite this and make it better. Maybe make it a multi parter. Then we'll see just how good this could be. :trixieshiftright:

(Sorry for the harsh criticism but what I've said is true.) :ajsleepy:

:applejackunsure: Meh. Not exactly the most creative piece on FiMFiction. I'd say the scenes that are not directly pulled from the show take place in about two or three minutes total, and are not very original. Any potential conflict this could have had is resolved instantly before they can even become an issue. That does't make for a compelling story, and it's not something most people want to read, regardless of what they say in the comments. Even the worst stories have people who compliment them.

Needs more work on punctuation, on top of what others have said. And one of the writers said on twitter that Twilight isn't immortal, for whatever that's worth.

This story was so touching.:fluttershysad::pinkiesad2::twilightsmile:

I think that somepony left a bowl of feels on this story. :applecry: this was touching :heart::heart::heart:

Aw, man. Don't tell me you got suckered into that whole Twilight immortality nonsense. Do you know how many bronies took that seriously? ...Or did you just want to write this story? Forgive me, but fanfiction has been known to be taken seriously. For one, it was never stated directly that any alicorn is immortal. Still, nice story anyway. :raritywink:

3196858 Black Kyurem came down far less hard for that.

3297163 Sorry but the whole Twilight is Immortal because she's an Alicorn is a very cliched trope by this point and Meghan has stated that "Twilight will not outlive her friends". It's become an idea that like Fluttermac has been done to death and rarely gets any sort of fresh take.

3297955 Yeah, Black Kyurem knows that the whole immortality thing was merely made up by bronies and was never stated at any point in the show. Ah, so that shipping is as persistent as Scootaloo chicken, is it? It never ends... What to do, what to do...

Even if twilight is immortal I don't think the show would ever get to the point were the characters die of age so I dont think it really matters :ajsmug:

Login or register to comment