• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 8,673 Views, 289 Comments

Sunset Eclipsed - EldritchNexus



Sunset Shimmer, purged of her inner evil by the Elements of Harmony, prematurely returns to Equestria. There, she is given the chance to learn the values of friendship first-hand.

  • ...
 289
 8,673

PreviousChapters Next
The Big Night, Part 3

Ghost was just seconds from pulling the trigger. Anytime now, Sunset Shimmer would die. Suddenly, Sunset felt the amulet she held in her hand becoming warmer and warmer. She felt a power surging through her body, like she hadn't felt in this world since two months ago. This time, though, she was in complete control. Her body began to transform. She grew equine ears, and sprouted a tail from her skirt.

Everyone there was so surprised by this that even Ghost lowered his shotgun to try and make sense of what he was seeing. Then he caught himself, and prepared to pull the trigger. But he was too late, as Sunset leapt not only back to her feet but into the air with her fist raised over her head.

"What the--" said Ghost.

The punch hit him so hard, it sent him careening into the front doors of the school. The other soldiers stood in awe for a second, then started loading their firearms. They all aimed their guns at Sunset, and pulled the trigger. Bullets filled the air, but Sunset Shimmer suddenly disappeared in a flash of light. She reappeared behind two soldiers and knocked them both to the ground. Before the other soldiers could wheel around to face her, she teleported again. She was now at the far end, where she kicked three more soldiers into each other. She teleported again, and appeared in the exact center of the army.

"There she is!" yelled a soldier. "Everyone, initiate attack pattern Mirrorwall."

Just like that, the armor that all the soldiers were wearing suddenly became like transparent glass. Sunset found herself looking at an army of reflections of herself. Sunset heard quick footfalls growing near her in all directions. She looked around, and it seemed as though the reflections were all moving around and overlapping with each other. She felt a metallic hand grab her by the shoulder, but she quickly swatted it away, sending a soldier colliding with another. Sunset found herself in a melee with a whole army of her own reflections, and found the experience disorienting.

"Get away from me!" Sunset yelled, desperately.

"Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me!" her own voice chorused in every direction, emitting from the speakers on each of the soldiers' headgear.

A fist struck Sunset in the face, and she was knocked off her feet. The moment she hit the ground the mirror-armored soldiers all huddled around her, and started beating her ruthlessly. Sunset could only see a host of reflections of her own pain-stricken face as she lay on the ground. All the while, her voice was echoing throughout the battlefield, shouting "Get away from me!" over and over. Sunset saw her eyes start to glow red, and then a magical energy surged from the amulet she still held in her hand. She let out a cry of rage, and all the soldiers attacking her were knocked off their feet. Sunset leapt back to her feet, and watched as the many soldiers materialized even as they lay on the ground.

She took a moment to put the amulet around her neck, and teleported again. She was now standing in front of the statue.

"Good work, Sunset Shimmer." said Supreme Commander Chrysalis, putting her helmet back on. "But how will you deal with this? Remix!"


Remix jumped between Supreme Commander Chrysalis, Captain Umbriel, and Sunset Shimmer. He typed several keys on his arm-mounted computer, and activated the "Auto" mode on his built-in synthesizer. It started to play an extremely loud electronic song that hurt Sunset's ears so hard she had to cover them with her hands. Remix apparently counted on this, since he took out two silenced pistols from his belt, and opened fire on her. Luckily, Sunset managed to teleport once more, just as one of the bullets grazed the collar of her jacket. She was now standing on the roof of the school. She now had a panoramic view of the front lawn.

Supreme Commander Chrysalis activated the radio built into her helmet and spoke:

"Alpha-One to Gunship! Alpha-One to Gunship!" she shouted. "Engage target!"

"Black Six is engaging target now, supreme commander." said the voice of the pilot through her radio.

There was a sound of rushing wind above the roof the school, followed by the sound of helicopter blades spinning overhead, as the dark mass of a Comanche attack helicopter reached the school. It stopped in mid-air at least fifty yards from where Sunset Shimmer stood, before opening fire with its mounted machine guns. Hundreds of rounds were emptied in Sunset's direction. But she stood there, completely unfazed. Her eyes began to glow again, this time with a red aura. The bullets were all absorbed by an invisible barrier that had been developed around her by the Alicorn Amulet.

"Black Six, pull back!" said Chrysalis. "Your ammunition will be wasted at this rate! Return to base, and re-arm yourself!"

"Black Six returning to base, supreme commander." said Black Six.

The helicopter pulled back and disappeared into the night like a dissipated storm cloud.

"Aggro, get her down from there!" Captain Umbriel bellowed, pointing his finger at the roof of the school.

The soldier began to ran towards the building. As he did so, police sirens were heard in the distance; Apparently, the Canterbury Police Department's tolerance for the Chrysalis Syndicate had finally gone over the edge. Squad cars, paddy wagons, and even SWAT vehicles from downtown all converged around the school. Dozens of policemen were exiting the vehicles and forming a perimeter around the front lawn with their most powerful available guns out. On the outskirts of this perimeter, a news van appeared, and Pressure Point and his cameraman were on the scene.

"It is absolute pandemonium here at Canterlot High, exactly one month from the first encounter between Sunset Shimmer and a member of the Chrysalis Syndicate!" said Pressure Point. "As you can see, the police are out in full force, ready to apprehend whoever is--" he turned around and looked at the roof. "--why yes! It is indeed Sunset Shimmer, who has apparently come out of hiding to battle the Chrysalis Syndicate!" he whispered to his cameraman: "Follow me!"

He walked over to Police Chief Star Shield, who apparently was in charge of this perimeter. He spoke into the microphone:

"Sir, as chief of police, we at Channel 15 News hope that you can shed some light on this recent development?" he said, before handing the microphone over to him.

"It is exactly what you are seeing, reporter." said Star Shield. "I have been instructed by the mayor herself to maintain this perimeter, and make sure neither Sunset Shimmer nor the Chrysalis Syndicate spill this fight into our beloved streets. I don't know who we ought to gun for, since Sunset Shimmer is allegedly responsible for her own dark deeds at this very school. On the other hand, the Syndicate is holding one of my own men hostage as we speak!"

Pressure Point visibly cringed for a moment, then turned around to speak into the camera.

"Well, you heard it here, folks at home!" he said, uneasily. "It looks like Canterbury's officially become Crazyland!"

He barred his teeth, turning to eye what was happening.

"Yes, it looks like one of the Chrysalis Syndicate operatives is performing--holy guacamole!--Le friggin' Parkour to scale the building, in order to reach Sunset Shimmer! He's fast! He's like something out of a martial arts movie...on a sugar rush!"


Using his momentum and the hydraulics built into his armor, Aggro managed to jump and flip up the side of the school until he reached Sunset Shimmer.

"Time for round 2, pony!" shouted Aggro.

"Idiot, that's my line!" Ghost voice echoed through Aggro's radio, just as he busted through a nearby maintenance door. "I'm not letting this opportunity pass me by ever again!"

The two soldiers circled Sunset Shimmer like ravenous wolves.


Pinkie and Maud Pie were in their living room, manually changing channels (Pinkie accidentally baked the remote into a pie earlier that day) on their television to look for something they could both watch.

"Pinkie, can we go back to the Home Shopping Network?" asked Maud. "I wanted to see that commercial for that gold-crusted emerald ring."

"Okay, anything for my favoritest sister in the whole wide world!" said Pinkie Pie, changing the channels. "Gee, why would ya want a ring---oh my goodness!"

She had stopped on Channel 15, and saw what was happening.

"Whoa, Sunset Shimmer's back!" she shouted, and grabbed her cell phone out of her pocket. "I gotta tell everyone!"


Nose Nip and Frosty were watching the television in the apartment complex on Dodge Boulevard. They were watching Sunset Shimmer fighting both Aggro and Ghost at once on the rooftop. Nose Nip was cheering her on, but Frosty was beside himself with excitement.

"Go, Sunset Shimmer, whoo-hoo-hoo!" he shrieked, pumping his fist in the air. "I love this toooooowwwwwwwnnn!!!"


The human world's own Sunset Shimmer and Radiant Dawn were watching on their own television set at Daystar & Associates, as was Flash Sentry, who had come at the last minute to buy new textbooks for his classes at Junction City High School.

"Wow, she's incredible!" said Susan Shelby.

"Yeah." said Richard Dawson.

"I still can't believe she's actually some kind of pony from an alternate world!" said Flash Sentry.

"Wait, she is?" asked Susan, pausing to look at her customer. "Well, I guess that explains the tail, ears, and magic. And, for that matter, why she looks so much like me!"

"Yep." said Flash.

"How'd you know that, though?" asked Susan.

"Because I used to date her." said Flash.

Susan and Richard both looked at him, lost for words.


"Can we get this over with?" said Sunset Shimmer to Aggro and Ghost. "I'd really like to get back to bed."

"Then we'll make sure you rest in pieces!" said Ghost. "Let's rock and roll!"

The two soldiers leaped at Sunset, and unleashed a hurricane of ironclad fists at her. But she evaded each hit, and unleashed her own magic-assisted flurry of punches on them, and put dents in their armor. She roundhouse-kicked Ghost to the side, then unleashed a lightning-fast high-kick on Aggro, who was sent flying clean off the roof and into the starlit sky. Ghost leapt back to his feet, and resumed his exchange of punches with Sunset Shimmer. They kept going and going and going, until Ghost found himself exhausted.

"Hey...pony..." he panted. "How's about you and I take a break?"

But Sunset narrowed her eyes.

"I don't think so." she said coldly, raising a hand that began to glow red. "You're not going to be seeing my world anytime soon, so I'll instead have to introduce you...to a whole new world of pain."

Suddenly Sunset felt a cold hand touch her shoulder.

"No, Sunset." said a strange voice behind her. "Allow me."

She felt another hand as cold as the first grab the cord of the Alicorn Amulet, and effortlessly pulled it off of Sunset Shimmer, a feat that would've been next to impossible under normal circumstances. Sunset Shimmer's tail vanished and ears returned to normal, and her magic was once again suppressed by her mundane human form. She turned around to see the strange man that she once encountered, even if she did not remember him.

"I believe this, once upon a time, belonged to me!" said King Nelphyn, sharply adjusting his red-rimmed shades as he held the Alicorn Amulet. "And I must warn you: I chastise anyone that keeps my treasures from me. I'm afraid that includes you, my little pony."

Author's Note:

In case anyone is wondering why Flash Sentry would be at Daystar & Associates when it's midnight in Canterbury, it's because Junction City is in a separate time zone from Canterbury.

Only a few chapters left, and "Sunset Eclipsed" will be concluded!

PreviousChapters Next