• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 8,673 Views, 289 Comments

Sunset Eclipsed - EldritchNexus



Sunset Shimmer, purged of her inner evil by the Elements of Harmony, prematurely returns to Equestria. There, she is given the chance to learn the values of friendship first-hand.

  • ...
 289
 8,673

PreviousChapters Next
The Changeling Royal Rumble, Part 1

Daystar Manor was bustling with activity. There were several ponies, gryphons, and other creatures eating in different rooms, talking to each other about their homes and what they were doing when the Changelings had captured them.

Sunset Shimmer was telling her mother about what she and Radiant had been doing in the fifteen years that she was absent.

"Well, I am very impressed with you, Sunset." said Scarlet. "And I'm sure your father would be happy to hear that you got to be Princess Celestia's star pupil."

"That reminds me, mom." said Sunset. "What happened to him?"

Scarlet Blaze frowned.

"I'm not too sure." she admitted. "One minute, I'm fighting off those Changelings. Then Golden Sun came out, saying that he had a spell to get rid of them all. He cast it at them, but one of them--the white one, I think--deflected it back at me. Next thing I know, I'm standing outside our home, fifteen years in the future,"

"So, you don't know what happened to dad?" asked Sunset.

"I'm afraid not. Sorry, honey."

"It's okay." said Sunset.

Then Quick Shot approached Sunset with a big smile across his face.

"Miss Shimmer, I must commend you for what you wrote in that script." he said. "It looks absolutely amazing! I am definitely going to use it in my next movie, You should consider being a writer or playwright."

"Thanks." said Sunset. "Glad I was able to help you at all."

"Hello, and you are..." said Scarlet.

"Oh, my name's Quick Shot." said the earth pony. "I'm a film director. Your son had let us film scenes for our movie in your lovely home. We've already finished filming all the scenes, so you won't have to worry about us bothering you at all."

"So, what are you going to do now?" asked Sunset.

"Well, the rest of the crew and stunt-ponies have already packed up and left. I'm just sticking around to give you my personal thanks. Say, if you and your friends ever plan to visit Las Pegasus any time next week, you might be able to catch the premiere of the movie. You might even find a little something-something in the credits!"

"I'll keep it in mind, sir." said Sunset, happily. "See ya later, then!"

"My studio awaits!" said Quick Shot, in a melodramatic manner.

And then he galloped out the front door. Once he left, Scarlet and Sunset continued talking to each other.

"But still, I'm surprised at you for acting against the princess." said Scarlet.

"I know, I know." said Sunset. "And you have no idea how stupid I feel right now for going to the human world. I mean, it seemed like a good idea at the time. But the novelty has long since worn out. I'm never going to deny myself the ability to use magic again."

"Well, I can't really argue with you, since I wasn't there to see it happen." said Scarlet. "But I'm sure you still did what you felt was right."

Sunset groaned.

Radiant Dawn went up to them.

"So, how are you doing, mom?" he asked.

"I'm doing just fine, son." said Scarlet. "Apart from, well, the fact that you've turned our home into a hotel."

"It's only for one night, mom." said Radiant. "Tomorrow, these guys will all be on the trains back home, and everything will be back to normal."

"Well, not completely." frowned Scarlet. "Your dad's still missing."

"I know, and I sure miss him." said Radiant.

"So do I." agreed Sunset.

Pressure Point entered the room, followed by Frosty and Nose Nip.

"Hello, Sunset." he said to his former classmate. "How are you all doing?"

"Fine." said Sunset.

"You did a good job back there, Pressure." said Radiant. "Really came through for us in the end."

"Well, I'm just doing my job of being a good and loyal doctor." said Pressure.

"So, how was your first big adventure away from home?" asked Sunset.

"Dreadful, to be honest." said Pressure Point, flatly. "I can't wait till I'm back in Canterlot, working at my hospital again."

"Now really, do you have to be like that, Presh?" asked Frosty.

"Yeah, you just helped save my life, doctor." said Scarlet. "I think you should be a little more...lenient."

Pressure Point turned to the red-coated mare with the red-golden mane for a moment.

"Umm, okay." he fumbled. "Well, I'm glad I was able to help at all."

"There, now was that really so hard?" asked Scarlet Blaze.

"I guess not." said Pressure. "Well, I just came in to check to see if you needed me to check on any abnormal injuries at all."

"None you need to worry about, doctor." said Scarlet. "But I think you should check up on my kids."

"Really, we're okay, mom." said Sunset.

Then Radiant cleared his throat.

"Umm, actually." he fumbled. "There's something I'd really like to bring up, mom."

"Really?" asked Scarlet. "What's the matter, Radiant?"

"Well, it's about my horn." Radiant bobbed his head nervously. "I've been having trouble getting it to cast spells properly."

"It's true." said Sunset. "It's the reason why he got kicked out of Princess Celestia's academy and banned from Canterlot."

"Yeah, like whenever I try to perform a complex spell, I either find myself unable to perform it, or it messes up terribly and sets something on fire."

"And how long had this been going on?" Scarlet asked, curiously.

"A few years ago." said Radiant. "I think it has something to do with the amount of stress that's been applied to my mind and body."

"So, that's what the problem was?" asked Pressure Point. "I thought you were just very terrible at using magic!"

Scarlet and Sunset both shot unamused looks at the unicorn doctor.

"I will have you know that that nopony in our family is by any means terrible at using magic!" said Scarlet.

"Yeah, well, I wasn't--" said Pressure. "Look, when we get back to Canterlot, I'll take a look at Radiant's horn. No charge."


In Queen Chrysalis' lair, hidden in the Crystal Mountains, the two ruling siblings of the Changeling Empire were deep in discussion with each other. They sat down on their backsides, facing each other.

"So, would you at all care to tell me whatever you were hoping to accomplish by picking a fight with Princess Luna?" asked Queen Chrysalis.

"Well, I always had a sense of admiration for the Princess of the Night." said Lord Umbriel. "She is the younger of the two regal sisters, yet she powerful and respected in her own right."

"An interesting point, I am sure." said Chrysalis. "But why the fighting? You are aware that the Changelings still have a truce with Equestria, right?"

"Oh, I have my reasons." said Umbriel. "You understand that, don't you, sister?"

"I know, brother." said Chrysalis. "But still, I would prefer if you didn't make a spectacle of yourself in front of the princesses."

"Sorry about that, but I simply couldn't resist." said Umbriel, sheepishly. "So, about that meeting."

Just then, the doors to the royal chamber gave way, and Sigma and Canopy came busting through.

"Y'see, Cannie?" said Sigma. "I told ya it was right here!"

"Okay, Ziggy. You win." said Canopy, rolling her eyes.

"You two, what's the meaning of this intrusion?!" demanded Queen Chrysalis.

"Hang on, sister." said Umbriel. "Those two are my soldiers. Let me deal with them."

The Changeling lord approached the two lesser Changelings.

"Sigma, report." said Umbriel.

"Well, um..." Sigma shifted uneasily in place, nudging Canopy's side. "Why don' you explain it?"

Canopy cleared her throat, then spoke in a monotonous manner, as per usual.

"My lord, there have been some...complications while you were away." she said.

"How so, Canopy?" asked Umbriel.

"Well, it seems that--okay, enough with the formalities!--Sir, your lair near Vanhoover's collapsed!"

Umbriel's eyes shook with anger, but he simply sighed.

"Really? And what is the damage report?" he asked, steadily.

"Well, it seems that it's nigh impossible to repair, at least fifty Changelings were killed, and most of the prisoners have escaped."

"It was Sunset Shimmer, I suppose?" asked Umbriel, calmly.

"No, sir. We actually managed to capture her and her brother." said Canopy. ""They didn't put up much of a fight."

"I suppose they pulled a fast one on you, then?" asked Umbriel again.

"No, it was Sawnsat's pals!" said Sigma. "The lot of 'em found the entrance, and got straight past me! They overpowered me, sir! Honest, they did!"

"Well, I confess that I am rather disappointed by this turn of events." Lord Umbriel paced around his two subordinates, who quaked before him. "But I am willing to give you the benefit of a doubt; I still have three more strongholds here in Equestria, so it's not like I lost too much. Simply tell me who was responsible for the destruction of the Vanhoover fortress."

"Well, um, that's the thing." said Sigma, nervously.

There was a loud boom! outside the chamber, and a series of shouts filled the air. Four charred Changeling carcasses were thrown into the chamber, dead as a doornail. Out of the cloud of reddish smoke that seeped into the room emerged a tall, slim Changeling figure with a long mane.

"And what do we have here?" said Queen Chrysalis.

"It's a blast from the past, your majesty." said a cold, mocking voice. "Do you recognize me now?"

The figure now revealed himself, as none other than--

"Craw!" shouted Chrysalis and Umbriel in surprise.

"That is most certainly correct." said King Craw. "And now, I am going to make you both pay for the terrible life I've had to live under your rule. Starting with you, my lord. You will pay for the injustices you inflicted upon me!"

Umbriel barred his teeth vigilantly.

"Brother, whatever is he talking about?" questioned Queen Chrysalis.

"Umm...I'll explain it later." said Lord Umbriel, nervously. "Right now, I say that we should handle Craw."

"With pleasure." said Chrysalis, her horn glowing.

King Craw stood himself in front of the two siblings, his own horn glowing with a red aura.

"After you, Umbriel." he said, with a wicked grin.

"With pleasure, Craw." said Umbriel, ominously.

The the Changeling lord looked at his two soldiers, who were still in the middle of the three Changeling rulers.

"You and I shall discuss this later." he told them. "Now go!"

Sigma and Canopy didn't need telling twice, because they beat their wings and shot out of the room without a word.

"Well, I am ready for this." said the queen. "Let us settle this once and for all, Craw. I don't know how you came back, but I know that this turn of events will not be my downfall!"

"Nor mine!" seconded the lord.

"Likewise, fools!" shouted the king.

PreviousChapters Next